Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 06:43 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Potato View Post
Go into your profile. On left menu, click on Albums and Pictures.
Create an album. It will then let you upload photos from your PC, etc.

Flax crackers recipe is from a thread on here.

Garlic Parmesan Flaxseed Crackers

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes

Ingredients:
1 cup flax seed meal
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water

Preparation:

1) Preheat oven to 400 F and mix all ingredients together.

2) Spoon onto sheet pan which is covered with a silicone mat or greased parchment paper.

3) Cover the mixture with a piece of parchment or waxed paper. Even out the mixture to about 1/8 inch. The important thing is not to let it be too thin around the edges or that part will overcook before the centre firms up. So after you spread it out, remove the paper and go around the edges with your finger and push the thin part inwards to even it up.

4) Bake until the centre is no longer soft, about 15-18 minutes. If it starts to get more than a little brown around the edges, remove from oven. Let cool completely - it will continue to crisp up.

The whole recipe is 6 grams of effective carbohydrate plus 35 grams of fibre
Great Hot Potato! Thanks for all the info! What time is it there?
iamkathy01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2013, 06:45 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hot Potato
Stats: 117.4kg/107.1/99kg (first goal)
WOE: LCHF/primal/NK
Start Date: May 2013
10.44pm on Saturday night.
Hot Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
10.44pm on Saturday night.
Wow 8:49 AM Saturday here!
Old 06-15-2013, 06:52 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

I always think of the US as 12-14 hours behind us so that sounds about right!
Of course, it's winter here too, so technically you are also two seasons behind
Old 06-15-2013, 07:04 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I always think of the US as 12-14 hours behind us so that sounds about right!
Of course, it's winter here too, so technically you are also two seasons behind
LOL and I don't think we'll ever catch up, or as I like to say "ketchup"!
Old 06-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkathy01 View Post
Hi Carolyn, I'm new to NK, but not Low Carb- been doing that for years, but now with the success NK has given me. There is just SO much to learn here, and meal planning is so important and I truly run out of ideas! I've been fat fasting for the past 4 days and will end tomorrow and then it is even MORE challenging to me. I think I am going to TRY to keep my fat
at 135, carbs at 20 and protein 54, but that is hard without getting above a 1300-1400 calorie level. Maybe we could all include what our days
macros work out to be too
Kathy

Hi Kathy. I don't really worry about my macros. I use to, but now I just make sure I eat less than 20 grams of carbs, less than 70 grams of protein, and the rest in fat. I usually eat less than 10 grams of carbs a day. That has been working well for me. As I get closer to my goal, I will be reducing my protein even further. I do have about 50 more pounds to lose, so it will be a while. I am always amazed how little I need to eat when I am eating LCHF. My husband and I are not hungry at all, and we feel so much better. My husband's knees do not hurt any more, and I used to have a lot of muscle pain but do not any more. Also my brain fog has gone away. We have not had a problem with variety of foods. We eat what we like without any grains, starchy vegetables, and most sugar except for a small amount of fruit and the small amount that is in bacon. It is so easy to cook.
Carolyn

Last edited by lovetoknit; 06-15-2013 at 10:23 AM..
lovetoknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoknit View Post
Hi Kathy. I don't really worry about my macros. I use to, but now I just make sure I eat less than 20 grams of carbs, less than 70 grams of protein, and the rest in fat. I usually eat less than 10 grams of carbs a day. That has been working well for me. As I get closer to my goal, I will be reducing my protein even further. I do have about 50 more pounds to lose, so it will be a while. I am always amazed how little I need to eat when I am eating LCHF. My husband and I are not hungry at all, and we feel so much better. My husband's knees do not hurt any more, and I used to have a lot of muscle pain but do not any more. Also my brain fog has gone away. We have not had a problem with variety of foods. We eat what we like without any grains, starchy vegetables, and most sugar except for a small amount of fruit and the small amount that is in bacon. It is so easy to cook.
Carolyn
Good job Carolyn! You guys should be VERY proud!! Are you tracking your total calories??
Old 06-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good job Carolyn! You guys should be VERY proud!! Are you tracking your total calories??
I keep an eye on them. I do not go overboard. I try to limit my food to comfort levels. I do not stuff myself and I do not go hungry.
Carolyn
Old 06-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

This is what I ate today.

Breakfast- 2 scrambled eggs cooked in bacon fat
2 pieces of thick bacon
2 cups of coffee with heavy cream
Lunch- 1 chicken leg with skin cooked in butter
1 small salad w/ blue cheese dressing
Snack- 1.3 oz of cheddar cheese
Dinner- chocolate whipped cream made with 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1 tsp of baking cocoa, and 1 drop of liquid sucralose.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

:-) and this is what I ate today- I am STUFFED!
Breakfast 2 eggs scrambled in coconut oil, 1 ounce of cheese, 1 ounce of sour cream 1/4 of an avocado.
Lunch- almond muffin with 1 tsp butter.
Dinner- 5 ounce ribeye steak, Salad with avocado, sunflower seeds, lettuce, tomato, cucumbers etc. and dressing made with coconut oil.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/191.8/152
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: This time: 12/17/14
Kathy - I'm really glad you started this thread. I am considering taking the NK approach. I've been struggling to get back on the LC bandwagon and really fighting cravings and hunger, and just not quite getting back on track. NK seems to be what makes sense if I am to truly put the hunger to bed.

It's great to read a "meals" thread for ideas. I also like reading the monthly thread, etc. but it's also nice to have a spot to just look for meal ideas and also see how you are structuring your day. (i.e. where are people doling out their limited protein)

Thanks! Just wanted you to know there are lurkers out here and you all are helping!

DG

Mini Goals:
#1: Weight 184
#2: Weight 179
#3: Weight 174
#4: Weight 169 (normal BMI)
#5: Weight 164
#6: Weight 159
#7: Weight 154
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
Kathy - I'm really glad you started this thread. I am considering taking the NK approach. I've been struggling to get back on the LC bandwagon and really fighting cravings and hunger, and just not quite getting back on track. NK seems to be what makes sense if I am to truly put the hunger to bed.

It's great to read a "meals" thread for ideas. I also like reading the monthly thread, etc. but it's also nice to have a spot to just look for meal ideas and also see how you are structuring your day. (i.e. where are people doling out their limited protein)

Thanks! Just wanted you to know there are lurkers out here and you all are helping!

DG

Oh wow, welcome Doggie Girl! Good to see another face here. I looked at your stats and see Atkins '72 and that started me thinking that the first time *I* did Atkins was about that time also! It truly is the only diet that ever worked. I tried another VERY POPULAR diet last year (don't know if I am allowed to say what) and it was SO opposed to everything I believe that I could not do it! And I had paid fee's to join! Oh Well- hindsight is 20/20, right.

I am in the midst of coming off a fat fast and yesterday was truly the first day of eating truly NK with the grams of fat, protein and carbs that I have figured out for myself. I could not believe how satisfied I felt, went to bed still full from the days food and I am truly hoping this will be my forever way of life. I ALSO lost another 1/4 pound yesterday!

So please join in with us and tell us what kind of doggies you have- we have a 9 month old male Bichon that we adore- he is the third Bichon we have had in the last 18 years and we do adore that breed! Kathy
Old 06-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Happy Fathers Day!
First of all Hot Potato I made the crackers! I think they are very good, DH says I won't have any problem with HIM eating them! LOL!

Today is a family day for us, so in addition to our three children and their spouses we will have 7 grandchildren (one of who is 14 days old today) and we just finished putting
together dinner. I have a big eyes of the round that I will cook, I just made "Cauliflower
Potato Salad" and actually added sour cream to up the fat , I BOUGHT some potato salad for those that hate Cauliflower, made baked beans (not for me), and will make
some caked green beans/walnuts/mushrooms/feta cheese with a coconut oil on it after baking. My dinner will consist of beef, cauliflower salad and green bean bake, of course and won't be doing wine (afraid of that yet) and no appetizers or dessert.

The rest of the day is a repeat of yesterday with the wonderful eggs fried in coconut oil/sour cream/avocados/sharp cheddar and today I put 1 T of salsa on top!

Lunch is an almond muffin with butter.

Yesterday I had no snacks, and was not hungry between meals and actually I don't think I was starving at dinner. Blood Ketones this am were 2.3 and blood glucose 97 - certainly higher than when fat fasting, but acceptable!
Kathy
Old 06-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

This is what I will be eating today. I was down .7 pounds today.

Breakfast: 3 pieces of thick bacon
2 scrambled eggs cooked in bacon fat
2 cups of coffee with cream

Lunch: T-bone steak brushed with butter and olive oil. Sprinkled with salt, pepper and garlic powder.

Dinner: chocolate whipped cream made with 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1 tsp baking cocoa, and 1 drop of liquid sucralose.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Happy Fathers Day!
First of all Hot Potato I made the crackers! I think they are very good, DH says I won't have any problem with HIM eating them! LOL!

Today is a family day for us, so in addition to our three children and their spouses we will have 7 grandchildren (one of who is 14 days old today) and we just finished putting
together dinner. I have a big eyes of the round that I will cook, I just made "Cauliflower
Potato Salad" and actually added sour cream to up the fat , I BOUGHT some potato salad for those that hate Cauliflower, made baked beans (not for me), and will make
some caked green beans/walnuts/mushrooms/feta cheese with a coconut oil on it after baking. My dinner will consist of beef, cauliflower salad and green bean bake, of course and won't be doing wine (afraid of that yet) and no appetizers or dessert.

The rest of the day is a repeat of yesterday with the wonderful eggs fried in coconut oil/sour cream/avocados/sharp cheddar and today I put 1 T of salsa on top!

Lunch is an almond muffin with butter.

Yesterday I had no snacks, and was not hungry between meals and actually I don't think I was starving at dinner. Blood Ketones this am were 2.3 and blood glucose 97 - certainly higher than when fat fasting, but acceptable!
Kathy

I also am going to try those crackers. They would be good to add some cream cheese to.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoknit View Post
I also am going to try those crackers. They would be good to add some cream cheese to.
My thought exactly, and good job on the .7! I need to try you chocolate whipped cream too! :-)
Old 06-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Bit off topic, but can you tell me if you measure your ketones in mmol/L or mg/dL?? Ta!

It's my birthday today so I am making a delicious low carb cake. Will let you know how I go
Old 06-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Bit off topic, but can you tell me if you measure your ketones in mmol/L or mg/dL?? Ta!

It's my birthday today so I am making a delicious low carb cake. Will let you know how I go
How was the cake and what did you use to make it? Not flax, right!

Ketones are in mmol/L
Old 06-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Haven't made it yet! It's only 11.15 am so I will make it this afternoon and post a pic. Even though it is low carb, I may go over 20 carbs today
Old 06-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Haven't made it yet! It's only 11.15 am so I will make it this afternoon and post a pic. Even though it is low carb, I may go over 20 carbs today
Well your birthday only comes once a year!
Old 06-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Anyone have any ideas on making a high fat protein shake? I have protein powder that has 23 grams of protein and no carbs. I just put one together on an online calculator and came up with over 500 calories, which may be a bit hefty?
Old 06-17-2013, 12:57 AM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: afuentes
Stats: 188/145/130 - I am 5'6"
WOE: Primal/low carb with weight training
Start Date: honest restart - 11/20/08
Great thread!
afuentes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:05 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
I'm not officially following NK, I'm probably somewhere between NK and Atkins, but today my food was such that I can contribute to this thread.

BPC with Kerrygold butter
3 hot Italian sausage links (Cantella's brand, no sugar added, under 0.5g carb per link)
emel's smoked oyster dip and pork rinds
one bottle of diet root beer
lots of water

I was way under my protein range today, because I thought I was going to have another protein snack, but the oyster dip has left me completely full for so long that I'm just going to bed instead.
bought scale 9-7-02: 318/259.6/180?

Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (and other conditions) Summer 2005 after years of misdiagnoses--> food plan went out the window!
Restarted--again--January 3, 2013.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:19 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

My birthday dinner

Yes, over 20gms of carbs but still under 50!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...cream-pie.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...148-image.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...ower-rice.html

Last edited by Hot Potato; 06-17-2013 at 04:23 AM..
Old 06-17-2013, 05:11 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
YUM!!! That looks wonderful! Care to share either recipe???
Kathy
Old 06-17-2013, 05:12 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntombi View Post
I'm not officially following NK, I'm probably somewhere between NK and Atkins, but today my food was such that I can contribute to this thread.

BPC with Kerrygold butter
3 hot Italian sausage links (Cantella's brand, no sugar added, under 0.5g carb per link)
emel's smoked oyster dip and pork rinds
one bottle of diet root beer
lots of water

I was way under my protein range today, because I thought I was going to have another protein snack, but the oyster dip has left me completely full for so long that I'm just going to bed instead.

Ntombi, try the NK I think you will be pleasantly surprised! Kathy
Old 06-17-2013, 05:40 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

I will definitely post them when I get a chance Kath

The chocolate cream pie is from a blog called Satisfying Eats. Google it. She has some great ideas!!
Old 06-17-2013, 06:04 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I will definitely post them when I get a chance Kath

The chocolate cream pie is from a blog called Satisfying Eats. Google it. She has some great ideas!!
Ah thanks! Found the pie at her website! You da best!
Old 06-17-2013, 06:09 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: drjlocarb
Stats: 274 /219/190
WOE: vlc/NK
Start Date: LC-1999,jan2010 274 NK 1-1-13 at 244
Hi NK'ers!

B- never
L- savory cheesecake with garlic, onion, chipped beef and pork rinds
D- 6 oz pork chop with cream sauce (pork fat, cream, onion,mushrooms, sour cream)
S- pumpkin cheese cake muffin
drjlocarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Color me SAD today- scale is UP 7/8ths of a pound and I did NOTHING different
yesterday - and I am post menopausal so I can't blame it on hormones.
Passed up the my favorite cake in the entire world yesterday when the family was here, no potato salad, no baked beans, "nuttin honey" . Ahh well, nuff whining and on with today which will be

Breakfast:Coffee with 2 ounces HWC
Lunch: Root Beer Float with HWC and 1 ounce mixed nuts
Dinner: Left over roast beef, cauliflower salad, green beans.