Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,286
Gallery: translationmx
Stats: 180/136 now 167/160.8/140
WOE: NK baby!
Start Date: Every day!!
Wine is higher in carbs. I've had two small glasses of scotch on the rocks and I've been in ketosis all this time. Hope it helps
translationmx is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member
 
iamkathy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 329
Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by translationmx View Post
Wine is higher in carbs. I've had two small glasses of scotch on the rocks and I've been in ketosis all this time. Hope it helps
Yeah, I should stick with a Gin and Diet Tonic or Flavored Vodka and tonic, but I LOVE wine
iamkathy01 is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,286
Gallery: translationmx
Stats: 180/136 now 167/160.8/140
WOE: NK baby!
Start Date: Every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkathy01 View Post
Yeah, I should stick with a Gin and Diet Tonic or Flavored Vodka and tonic, but I LOVE wine
Tell me about it... I love a good piece of steak with a glass of wine

Watch out with the tonic. I had no idea it had lots of sugar, until I started to gain weight... turns out the regular kind has almost as much carbs as regular soda I get the diet version at the supermarket since then
translationmx is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member
 
iamkathy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 329
Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by translationmx View Post
Tell me about it... I love a good piece of steak with a glass of wine

Watch out with the tonic. I had no idea it had lots of sugar, until I started to gain weight... turns out the regular kind has almost as much carbs as regular soda I get the diet version at the supermarket since then

Oh I know, and some can be good and lots are TERRIBLE!
iamkathy01 is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member
 
iamkathy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 329
Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
So I need some NK wisdom. I have been doing NK for about a month now. I started with a Fat Fast and progressed to NK. My DH, dog and I walk pretty much every morning 2-3 miles and the first time I did a walk (after starting NK) I came home and nearly passed out, which is NOT what I had read was supposed to happen in the books I've read about NK. So, I "figgered" it was just because I was becoming Keto adapted and we have actually NOT WALKED since! This morning we went out again and my heart was beating faster than normal and I came home again and just layed on the floor with my feet up. I DO think I might be deficient in Potassium, (leg cramps last night) so I started that today- took 99 MG this am. What are some thoughts here? I've lost 10 pounds and am extremely close to where I'd like to be, my Blood Ketones are running about 2.6 (fasting am) and Blood Glucose around 98 most days. Thanks for any and all help/opinions. Kathy
99 MG this morning
iamkathy01 is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #186
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,286
Gallery: translationmx
Stats: 180/136 now 167/160.8/140
WOE: NK baby!
Start Date: Every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkathy01 View Post
Oh I know, and some can be good and lots are TERRIBLE!
I know! Some diet/sugar-free products are so darn disgusting... Whenever I'm buying something new in the supermarket I kind of look up online for reviews. Better safe than sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkathy01 View Post
So I need some NK wisdom. I have been doing NK for about a month now. I started with a Fat Fast and progressed to NK. My DH, dog and I walk pretty much every morning 2-3 miles and the first time I did a walk (after starting NK) I came home and nearly passed out, which is NOT what I had read was supposed to happen in the books I've read about NK. So, I "figgered" it was just because I was becoming Keto adapted and we have actually NOT WALKED since! This morning we went out again and my heart was beating faster than normal and I came home again and just layed on the floor with my feet up. I DO think I might be deficient in Potassium, (leg cramps last night) so I started that today- took 99 MG this am. What are some thoughts here? I've lost 10 pounds and am extremely close to where I'd like to be, my Blood Ketones are running about 2.6 (fasting am) and Blood Glucose around 98 most days. Thanks for any and all help/opinions. Kathy
99 MG this morning
I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I'm sure there's a chapter in the book about supplementation to avoid the keto adaptation symptoms that can get nasty for some people. I only got a bit lightheaded a couple of times and I had a bouillon cube and that did the trick for me. I'll grab my Kindle to see which pages you can refer to. On the other hand, congratulations on all that weight lost!!! You're about a pound from your goal, WTG!
__________________


My ancestors didn’t claw their way to the top of the food chain so I could eat Twinkies - Mark Sisson
translationmx is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member
 
iamkathy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 329
Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by translationmx View Post
I know! Some diet/sugar-free products are so darn disgusting... Whenever I'm buying something new in the supermarket I kind of look up online for reviews. Better safe than sorry



I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I'm sure there's a chapter in the book about supplementation to avoid the keto adaptation symptoms that can get nasty for some people. I only got a bit lightheaded a couple of times and I had a bouillon cube and that did the trick for me. I'll grab my Kindle to see which pages you can refer to. On the other hand, congratulations on all that weight lost!!! You're about a pound from your goal, WTG!
Thanks so much- other than exercise I feel great, and occasionally light headed, like today. I made some grass fed beef broth (which I LOVE) and that fixes me up- I'm just to lazy to go to the freezer, get it and thaw it. I'll do that NOW!
iamkathy01 is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #188
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 443
Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkathy01 View Post
So I need some NK wisdom. I have been doing NK for about a month now. I started with a Fat Fast and progressed to NK. My DH, dog and I walk pretty much every morning 2-3 miles and the first time I did a walk (after starting NK) I came home and nearly passed out, which is NOT what I had read was supposed to happen in the books I've read about NK. So, I "figgered" it was just because I was becoming Keto adapted and we have actually NOT WALKED since! This morning we went out again and my heart was beating faster than normal and I came home again and just layed on the floor with my feet up. I DO think I might be deficient in Potassium, (leg cramps last night) so I started that today- took 99 MG this am. What are some thoughts here? I've lost 10 pounds and am extremely close to where I'd like to be, my Blood Ketones are running about 2.6 (fasting am) and Blood Glucose around 98 most days. Thanks for any and all help/opinions. Kathy
99 MG this morning

You need to eat more salt. Add some salt to your water. Sometimes I eat a pinch of salt and then drink some water. I don't use bullion because it has msg in it which bloats me. Also add more salt to your food. As it gets warmer outside, you will need more salt if you go out. Also you can eat a pickle or some celery. They have extra sodium in them. Olives also are high in salt.
Carolyn
lovetoknit is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member
 
iamkathy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 329
Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoknit View Post
You need to eat more salt. Add some salt to your water. Sometimes I eat a pinch of salt and then drink some water. I don't use bullion because it has msg in it which bloats me. Also add more salt to your food. As it gets warmer outside, you will need more salt if you go out. Also you can eat a pickle or some celery. They have extra sodium in them. Olives also are high in salt.
Carolyn
Okay Carolyn, I'll start putting some salt in my water. Thanks! Kathy
iamkathy01 is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member
 
lilbeetle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 610
Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkathy01 View Post
<sigh> I know. I am DYING for a glass of wine, but afraid it will throw me out of ketosis.
Whadaya think?
I drink bourbon and coke zero and it has almost no impact on me. Well, except for last weekend when my boss was paying for dinner and drinks and I had 8 glasses. I retained the liquid for 24 hours.

Im just pleased I resisted going off plan with the food
lilbeetle is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member
 
iamkathy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 329
Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
I drink bourbon and coke zero and it has almost no impact on me. Well, except for last weekend when my boss was paying for dinner and drinks and I had 8 glasses. I retained the liquid for 24 hours.

Im just pleased I resisted going off plan with the food
Oh wow! NICE!!
iamkathy01 is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 04:26 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,286
Gallery: translationmx
Stats: 180/136 now 167/160.8/140
WOE: NK baby!
Start Date: Every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkathy01 View Post
Thanks so much- other than exercise I feel great, and occasionally light headed, like today. I made some grass fed beef broth (which I LOVE) and that fixes me up- I'm just to lazy to go to the freezer, get it and thaw it. I'll do that NOW!
Anytime! I always thought that the infamous "induction flu" was something that couldn't be avoided, and it's so great that this book tells us how to manage it. I read a bit last night, and I think it would be good if you have some broth prior to your walk (about 30 min before), and then some broth with heavy cream after so you can replenish your electrolytes. Your broth sounds yummo!!! I made a large batch of chicken stock for my hubby who recently had the flu, so I have some handy too. All the supplementation info is on chapter 9 of the book. Hope it helps
translationmx is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 04:54 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member
 
iamkathy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 329
Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by translationmx View Post
Anytime! I always thought that the infamous "induction flu" was something that couldn't be avoided, and it's so great that this book tells us how to manage it. I read a bit last night, and I think it would be good if you have some broth prior to your walk (about 30 min before), and then some broth with heavy cream after so you can replenish your electrolytes. Your broth sounds yummo!!! I made a large batch of chicken stock for my hubby who recently had the flu, so I have some handy too. All the supplementation info is on chapter 9 of the book. Hope it helps
Thank you! I will dig out my book and re-read that chapter! Also make more broth! This broth is amazing and it is so easy- made it in the crockpot with 1-2 pounds of bones, garlic and salt and let it go for 24 hours, YUMMY!
iamkathy01 is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 05:54 AM   #194
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,286
Gallery: translationmx
Stats: 180/136 now 167/160.8/140
WOE: NK baby!
Start Date: Every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkathy01 View Post
Thank you! I will dig out my book and re-read that chapter! Also make more broth! This broth is amazing and it is so easy- made it in the crockpot with 1-2 pounds of bones, garlic and salt and let it go for 24 hours, YUMMY!
It's amazing how something so simple can be so tasty and good for you, isn't it?


I'm at 161#. Up a bit from yesterday, which was expected.... aaaah the joys of being a woman

My food yesterday:

B: Sour cream with vanilla extract/home made broth with HWC
L: nothing
D: egg foo young and a small portion of stir fry veggies
S: olives stuffed with anchovies/sour cream with vanilla extract and chopped walnuts
1278 calories - 111gF/43gP/27gC/12gF
536 calories burned through exercise

I hadn't thought of olives before, but they're perfect for this WOE. Lots of fat, almost no protein and very few carbs. Also, the brine gave me a much needed lift after running some errands and sweating like crazy.
translationmx is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 443
Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkathy01 View Post
So I need some NK wisdom. I have been doing NK for about a month now. I started with a Fat Fast and progressed to NK. My DH, dog and I walk pretty much every morning 2-3 miles and the first time I did a walk (after starting NK) I came home and nearly passed out, which is NOT what I had read was supposed to happen in the books I've read about NK. So, I "figgered" it was just because I was becoming Keto adapted and we have actually NOT WALKED since! This morning we went out again and my heart was beating faster than normal and I came home again and just layed on the floor with my feet up. I DO think I might be deficient in Potassium, (leg cramps last night) so I started that today- took 99 MG this am. What are some thoughts here? I've lost 10 pounds and am extremely close to where I'd like to be, my Blood Ketones are running about 2.6 (fasting am) and Blood Glucose around 98 most days. Thanks for any and all help/opinions. Kathy
99 MG this morning
Maybe your body likes you at the weight you are at. Maybe just do some firming exercise to make you feel better about your body. It is normal at our age to have a slight tummy even if we are thin. Don't add too much potassium. It can be dangerous. Try more salt.
Carolyn
lovetoknit is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 443
Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkathy01 View Post
Okay Carolyn, I'll start putting some salt in my water. Thanks! Kathy
I guess I already answered that. LOL!
Carolyn
lovetoknit is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member
 
iamkathy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 329
Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoknit View Post
I guess I already answered that. LOL!
Carolyn
Rut Row! Another "by product" of our age! LOL!
iamkathy01 is offline  
Old 06-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,286
Gallery: translationmx
Stats: 180/136 now 167/160.8/140
WOE: NK baby!
Start Date: Every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkathy01 View Post
Rut Row! Another "by product" of our age! LOL!
Then again... the joys of being a woman

162 pounds for me this morning. I had ravenous appetite yesterday. I went out to run some errands, and for some stupid reason I had a 3 oz. bag of pistachios and pepitas at the store. Very bad idea. I had no clue those were such a bad option for me with this WOE, obviously. A few hours later I was ravenous. The kind of never ending hunger I used to have before, all the time Hubby wanted some McDonalds, so off we went. I ended up getting TWO bunless angus third pounders. Then we got home and had some olives.... and then I grabbed another handful (or two) of mixed nuts, and a tablespoon (or two) of leftover salmon in the fridge. I stopped logging my food at the olives

Lesson learned, no more nuts for me. I can have 1/4 cup raw walnuts with my sour cream, but that's it.


My food yesterday:
B: Sour cream / 1 bag of Living Intentions - Gone Nuts Cilantro Lime Mojo Pistachios & Pepitas
L: nothing
D: two McDonalds angus deluxe third pounders (no bun)
S: olives stuffed with anchovies
1463 calories 107gF/78gP/39gC/8gF
600 calories burned from exercise

So today is a new day and I'll rock it! I woke up feeling a bit bloated, so I guess TOM finally hit me full force.

Last edited by translationmx; 06-19-2013 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: clicked post before finishing
translationmx is offline  
Old 06-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member
 
iamkathy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 329
Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
High fat shake for breakfast
Almond muffin with 1 tsp butter for lunch
Salad with mayo, bacon, tomato, lettuce and avocado for dinner.

We'll see what tomorrow brings- today I was UP another POUND!!! I have NO CLUE what is going on!
iamkathy01 is offline  
Old 06-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #200
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,794
Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkathy01 View Post
High fat shake for breakfast
Almond muffin with 1 tsp butter for lunch
Salad with mayo, bacon, tomato, lettuce and avocado for dinner.

We'll see what tomorrow brings- today I was UP another POUND!!! I have NO CLUE what is going on!
Kathy, do you still have TOM issues? water retention maybe?

What have you been eating before today? I find that I have trouble with the almond/coconut flours, and just about everything made with them!! Also, if I have a large salad, totally kicks me out of ketosis... which does not make me happy!!
catjrow3 is offline  
Old 06-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member
 
iamkathy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 329
Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Kathy, do you still have TOM issues? water retention maybe?

What have you been eating before today? I find that I have trouble with the almond/coconut flours, and just about everything made with them!! Also, if I have a large salad, totally kicks me out of ketosis... which does not make me happy!!
Nope, no TOM- I am 64 . I started back seriously low carb a little over a month ago and started with a fat fast and then moved in to NK. I have
been tracking everything I eat and doing Blood Glucose levels and Blood Ketone levels since 5/24. I have been in nutritional ketosis since the start and have worked on sorting out my percentages/grams. After the initial loss on a fat fast (of 7 pounds) I continued on NK and lost nothing more. So last week I went BACK on a fat fast and lost 3 more. HOWEVER, since I came off of it and went back on NK I've gained all three back! I can't eat LARGE salads either, which just doesn't seem fair AT ALL, but I've accepted that and measure. Yesterday was the shake for breakfast, muffin for lunch, salmon and small salad for dinner and diet jello with cream for snack. I guess to lose I need to go lower in calories, but if I do that I truly would be looking at just drinking cream I guess. I've pretty much decided to almost bag the NK and go back to mostly low carb- I am at my wits end here, and SO CLOSE to where I'd like to be. Thanks for your thoughts! Kathy
iamkathy01 is offline  
Old 06-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #202
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,794
Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkathy01 View Post
Nope, no TOM- I am 64 . I started back seriously low carb a little over a month ago and started with a fat fast and then moved in to NK. I have
been tracking everything I eat and doing Blood Glucose levels and Blood Ketone levels since 5/24. I have been in nutritional ketosis since the start and have worked on sorting out my percentages/grams. After the initial loss on a fat fast (of 7 pounds) I continued on NK and lost nothing more. So last week I went BACK on a fat fast and lost 3 more. HOWEVER, since I came off of it and went back on NK I've gained all three back! I can't eat LARGE salads either, which just doesn't seem fair AT ALL, but I've accepted that and measure. Yesterday was the shake for breakfast, muffin for lunch, salmon and small salad for dinner and diet jello with cream for snack. I guess to lose I need to go lower in calories, but if I do that I truly would be looking at just drinking cream I guess. I've pretty much decided to almost bag the NK and go back to mostly low carb- I am at my wits end here, and SO CLOSE to where I'd like to be. Thanks for your thoughts! Kathy
Maybe try upping the calories, but cutting the almond stuff... It might be the culprit! I am okay with higher calories if the fat is high and the carbs/protein low... *(more like FF)
catjrow3 is offline  
Old 06-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member
 
iamkathy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 329
Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Okay, worth a shot, huh? No nuts, no almond flour. Whats for lunch?
iamkathy01 is offline  
Old 06-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #204
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,286
Gallery: translationmx
Stats: 180/136 now 167/160.8/140
WOE: NK baby!
Start Date: Every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkathy01 View Post
Okay, worth a shot, huh? No nuts, no almond flour. Whats for lunch?
How frustrating!! I totally feel your pain

That was my thought when I saw your first post. Darn nuts. I can have all the cream cheese and sour cream I want within my calories, but those damn pistachios and pepitas totally threw me off yesterday.
translationmx is offline  
Old 06-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member
 
iamkathy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 329
Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by translationmx View Post
How frustrating!! I totally feel your pain

That was my thought when I saw your first post. Darn nuts. I can have all the cream cheese and sour cream I want within my calories, but those damn pistachios and pepitas totally threw me off yesterday.
Cream cheese and pepperoni is getting WAY old!
iamkathy01 is offline  
Old 06-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member
 
Hot Potato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 146
Gallery: Hot Potato
Stats: 117.4kg/107.1/99kg (first goal)
WOE: LCHF/primal/NK
Start Date: May 2013
Just a quick question... When you guys are stalling or have slight gains, are you still in ketosis?
Hot Potato is offline  
Old 06-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #207
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,794
Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
For some reason I cannot get back into ketosis, so...not a good question for me... Not sure why not, after 3 days, I am sure I should be again, at least urine ketone strips... GRRR

For me, lunch is usually PB/HWC/CC.. mixed together with a little zsweet! PB fluff.... LOL
catjrow3 is offline  
Old 06-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #208
Senior LCF Member
 
iamkathy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 329
Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Potato View Post
Just a quick question... When you guys are stalling or have slight gains, are you still in ketosis?
I sure am!!! Go figure!!
iamkathy01 is offline  
Old 06-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member
 
iamkathy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 329
Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
For some reason I cannot get back into ketosis, so...not a good question for me... Not sure why not, after 3 days, I am sure I should be again, at least urine ketone strips... GRRR

For me, lunch is usually PB/HWC/CC.. mixed together with a little zsweet! PB fluff.... LOL
Cathy, is this peanut butter, heavy cream and cream cheese and if so what proportions plz?
iamkathy01 is offline  
Old 06-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member
 
Hot Potato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 146
Gallery: Hot Potato
Stats: 117.4kg/107.1/99kg (first goal)
WOE: LCHF/primal/NK
Start Date: May 2013
My weight is all over the place this week - in kilograms (2.2pounds per kilo)

June 13 - 113kg
June 14 - 112.8
June 16 - 114.2
June 18 - 112.6 (TMI, but I ovulated this day)
June 20 (today, an hour ago) - 113.1

It's been an unusual week - my birthday (still eating a slice of my chocolate pie every night :/ ) and my grandfather died so spent time at hospital and funeral was on Tuesday, but I have pretty much stayed on plan (one corn chip, two very small pieces of baguette, 3 shots of scotch, 1 of bourbon)...I think there was some water weight in there, but I need to get back on plan.

I am still testing my urine twice a day and my ketones are between 3 and 4 so I am in ketosis.

Just need to refocus and get back on track.
Hot Potato is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:36 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.