Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 04:58 AM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Potato View Post
Can I ask if they are net carbs? Or total?

Oh, and would you believe my keto stick tonight was 6

I give up trying to second guess my body...

If it is a "custom food" that I have put in they are net, but if it is carbs from a food from the site they are not. I know that is not a good answer, but it is the best I have .

Yeah, I hear you, "your body, your science project!" Kathy

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2013, 05:31 AM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles View Post
i just sauteed cabbage in bacon grease and put in some sliced garlic sausage and the chopped bacon and had it with 2 eggs for breakfast and topped with sour cream..mmm
YUM!!! Kathy
Old 06-28-2013, 05:37 AM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup almond flour
250ml water
Seasonings (as desired). I used a little Chilli powder and onion salt.

Mix dry ingredients. Add water. Mix thoroughly. Place on baking tray lined with baking paper. Spread and flatten mixture with spoon until it is about 5mm thick (just below 1/4 inch). Bake in oven at 160 Celsius for 20-25 mins. Take from oven and cut into 20 pieces. Put back in oven the other side up. Bake another 20mins.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...-crackers.html
Yum! Gotta try these also! Kathy
Old 06-28-2013, 06:00 AM   #364
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Quote:
I've double checked the macros for the veg...

cals Fat Prot. Carb. Sugar Fibre

1 cup (200g) Cauliflower, raw 48 0.4 4.2 3.8 3.8 5.4

1 cup (70g) savoy Cabbage raw 15 0.1 1.2 1.6. 1.6 1.6

100gm Zucchini, raw 14 0.3 0.7 1.5. 1.5 1.1

Do you really think I need to drop these sorts of crucifers??

Advice welcome
No I don't think so but I do think it is important to track all your macro nutrients so you have the 'data' to decide what you might need to do next.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: drjlocarb
Stats: 274 /219/190
WOE: vlc/NK
Start Date: LC-1999,jan2010 274 NK 1-1-13 at 244
Quote:
Thanks everyone

My keto sticks are showing levels of 1.5 tonight. This morning they were 0 (due to my chips). What does this mean....?? I thought it took three days to get back into ketosis?? confusing...

I made a lovely sauce for my steak tonight. Cream, garlic and blue cheese, gently heated...delicious!!!
keto adapted

Here is a thread for you. It may be too much information, but it's worth the read.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
I find my ketostix jump around but my morning AM fasting blood ketones are now staying in the "range" usually around 1.6-1.7, highest still being 2.1, so I will go with that and not worry too much about the urine ones... I will test occasionally cuz I have them and its a "measuring/interest" thing, but not pay real attention...

TOM is due tomorrow and weight is bouncing up and down the last few days. I am hoping it will level out and down after TOM is out of the way. I hate the head cravings that go on during this time, if the scale would keep moving, it would help me to control the urges, but when it bounces and estrogen responses for TOM, I just want ICE CREAM!!!! LOL
Old 06-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
I find my ketostix jump around but my morning AM fasting blood ketones are now staying in the "range" usually around 1.6-1.7, highest still being 2.1, so I will go with that and not worry too much about the urine ones... I will test occasionally cuz I have them and its a "measuring/interest" thing, but not pay real attention...

TOM is due tomorrow and weight is bouncing up and down the last few days. I am hoping it will level out and down after TOM is out of the way. I hate the head cravings that go on during this time, if the scale would keep moving, it would help me to control the urges, but when it bounces and estrogen responses for TOM, I just want ICE CREAM!!!! LOL
Cathy there is a wonderful recipe in the Phinney book! Maple Walnut! Unfortunately everyone I fed it to got major stomach pain from the Zylitol! :-( I didn't eat any, it has 400 + calories in half a cup! But I DID taste it!
Kathy
Old 06-28-2013, 08:47 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkathy01 View Post
Cathy there is a wonderful recipe in the Phinney book! Maple Walnut! Unfortunately everyone I fed it to got major stomach pain from the Zylitol! :-( I didn't eat any, it has 400 + calories in half a cup! But I DID taste it!
Kathy
I think I have one for chocolate ice cream... xylitol does not effect me. I am not really sensitive to sugar subs like some people! I might have to make it!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #369
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I think I have one for chocolate ice cream... xylitol does not effect me. I am not really sensitive to sugar subs like some people! I might have to make it!
I highly recommend it Cathy! My husband (one of the stricken) thought he had the flu for about a week as he continued to eat it every night, LOL! It dawned on my one day what was going on and I called the friends that had enjoyed it with him the day I made it- they had gotten ill too!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I highly recommend it Cathy! My husband (one of the stricken) thought he had the flu for about a week as he continued to eat it every night, LOL! It dawned on my one day what was going on and I called the friends that had enjoyed it with him the day I made it- they had gotten ill too!
Most unfortunate. Do you tolerate sweetners okay?

I made a few days a healthy granola cereal.. OMG!! ate it today, sooooo good! I wont leave out the recipe this time. I used the swerve, which I ordered over the internet... soo good!! This cereal is the bomb. I used just a touch of almond milk and the stats for the cereal when I added to my tracker, 3 carbs, 11 protein, 27 fat, 295 calories (based on 10 servings instead of 8 i think it called for)

"HEALTHIFIED" CEREAL
2/3 cup erythritol (or SWERVE) ...see below for more info on Swerve
1 tsp stevia glycerite (omit if using SWERVE)
1 cup peanut flour
1 cup JAY ROBB chocolate whey protein (or egg white protein)
1/2 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
2 TBS water (or 2 more TBS butter/oil for a "crunchier" cereal)
2 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
OPTIONAL: 1 tsp pure chocolate extract

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (170 degrees C). In a large bowl, combine erythritol and stevia glycerite, peanut flour, whey, and extract in a small bowl. Stir in butter and water with fork or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Divide the dough in half and place half of the peanut butter dough on a cookie sheet with defined edges. Keep the other half in the bowl and add the cocoa powder; stir to combine well.

Place the cocoa cereal dough on separate cookie sheet with defined edges or the butter may leak off. Bake for 12-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and gently stir while still hot. Let cool in the cookie tin (it will crisp up A LOT). Break pieces apart and enjoy with unsweetened almond milk. Makes 8 servings.

NUTRITIONAL COMPARISON (per serving)
Post Cereal = 220 calories, 3g fat, 3g protein, 45 carbs, 2g fiber
"Healthified" Cereal = 187 calories, 14.5 g protein, 12g fat, 3g carbs, 1.6g fiber

MILK COMPARISON (per cup)
Skim Milk = 90 calories, 13g carbs, 13g sugar
Unsweetened Chocolate Almond milk = 45 calories, 1g carb, 0g sugar
Old 06-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Most unfortunate. Do you tolerate sweetners okay?

I made a few days a healthy granola cereal.. OMG!! ate it today, sooooo good! I wont leave out the recipe this time. I used the swerve, which I ordered over the internet... soo good!! This cereal is the bomb. I used just a touch of almond milk and the stats for the cereal when I added to my tracker, 3 carbs, 11 protein, 27 fat, 295 calories (based on 10 servings instead of 8 i think it called for)

"HEALTHIFIED" CEREAL
2/3 cup erythritol (or SWERVE) ...see below for more info on Swerve
1 tsp stevia glycerite (omit if using SWERVE)
1 cup peanut flour
1 cup JAY ROBB chocolate whey protein (or egg white protein)
1/2 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
2 TBS water (or 2 more TBS butter/oil for a "crunchier" cereal)
2 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
OPTIONAL: 1 tsp pure chocolate extract

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (170 degrees C). In a large bowl, combine erythritol and stevia glycerite, peanut flour, whey, and extract in a small bowl. Stir in butter and water with fork or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Divide the dough in half and place half of the peanut butter dough on a cookie sheet with defined edges. Keep the other half in the bowl and add the cocoa powder; stir to combine well.

Place the cocoa cereal dough on separate cookie sheet with defined edges or the butter may leak off. Bake for 12-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and gently stir while still hot. Let cool in the cookie tin (it will crisp up A LOT). Break pieces apart and enjoy with unsweetened almond milk. Makes 8 servings.

Post Cereal = 220 calories, 3g fat, 3g protein, 45 carbs, 2g fiber
"Healthified" Cereal = 187 calories, 14.5 g protein, 12g fat, 3g carbs, 1.6g fiber

MILK COMPARISON (per cup)
Skim Milk = 90 calories, 13g carbs, 13g sugar
Unsweetened Chocolate Almond milk = 45 calories, 1g carb, 0g sugar
Oh Boy! 'nother good one! Thanks!
Kathy
Old 06-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #372
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh Boy! 'nother good one! Thanks!
Kathy
Cathy, do you think you could sub Almond Flour?
Old 06-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Cathy, do you think you could sub Almond Flour?
Maybe.. you could compare them on line and see the difference. I had peanut flour already so did not think about subbing... I ordered that too online a while ago... I am making chocolate ice cream today!! LOL

how about healthy oreos
"Healthified" Oreo Recipe:
1/2 cup vanilla whey or egg white protein
3/4 cup peanut flour (or almond flour)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
1/4 cup butter or coconut oil
1/4 cup Just Like Sugar (or Swerve)
1 tsp stevia glycerite
4 TBS cocoa powder
2-4 TBS water(just enough to hold dough together)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (200 degrees C). In a medium bowl, stir together the whey, peanut/almond flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Cut in the butter using a pastry blender or your fingers until the butter lumps are smaller than peas. Stir in the water and sweetener to form a stiff dough. On a cookie sheet, place 1/4 inch balls 2 inches apart. Flatten balls into circles (I used a measuring cup). Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, until edges are lightly browned. Cool in oven to crisp up.

FILLING:
8 oz cream cheese or coconut cream (if dairy allergy)
2 TBS unsweetened vanilla almond milk
4 TBS Just Like Sugar (or a few drops of stevia)

Mix together and use to hold two chocolate cookies together.

Serve with unsweetened vanilla almond milk! Dip and enjoy Makes 24 sandwich cookies. Makes 12 servings.

Traditional Oreo = 140 calories, 7g fat, 1g protein, 21 carbs, 0 fiber
"Healthified" Oreo = 135 calories, 11g fat, 8g protein, 3 carbs, 1.1g fiber
Old 06-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Maybe.. you could compare them on line and see the difference. I had peanut flour already so did not think about subbing... I ordered that too online a while ago... I am making chocolate ice cream today!! LOL

how about healthy oreos
"Healthified" Oreo Recipe:
1/2 cup vanilla whey or egg white protein
3/4 cup peanut flour (or almond flour)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
1/4 cup butter or coconut oil
1/4 cup Just Like Sugar (or Swerve)
1 tsp stevia glycerite
4 TBS cocoa powder
2-4 TBS water(just enough to hold dough together)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (200 degrees C). In a medium bowl, stir together the whey, peanut/almond flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Cut in the butter using a pastry blender or your fingers until the butter lumps are smaller than peas. Stir in the water and sweetener to form a stiff dough. On a cookie sheet, place 1/4 inch balls 2 inches apart. Flatten balls into circles (I used a measuring cup). Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, until edges are lightly browned. Cool in oven to crisp up.

FILLING:
8 oz cream cheese or coconut cream (if dairy allergy)
2 TBS unsweetened vanilla almond milk
4 TBS Just Like Sugar (or a few drops of stevia)

Mix together and use to hold two chocolate cookies together.

Serve with unsweetened vanilla almond milk! Dip and enjoy Makes 24 sandwich cookies. Makes 12 servings.

Traditional Oreo = 140 calories, 7g fat, 1g protein, 21 carbs, 0 fiber
"Healthified" Oreo = 135 calories, 11g fat, 8g protein, 3 carbs, 1.1g fiber
Where DO you get all these??? Unreal! Have you made this one???
Old 06-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
No I have not made the oreos yet. Where did I get them... online... I will have to try to figure out where. I tried not to copy only dessert ones, but thats one I got alot of... LOL
Here is the chocolate ice cream..
Chocolate Ice Cream (Low Carb & Sugar Free)
Yield: 4 cups

Serving Size: 1/2 cup

Ingredients

1 cup granulated sugar substitute
3 large eggs
1 cup premium cocoa powder
1 cup almond milk (unsweetened vanilla)
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
pinch of salt
Instructions

Combine the sugar substitute, eggs, cocoa powder and almond milk in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for one minute. Stir. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir. If the mixture hasn’t thickened slightly, repeat for 30 seconds one more time. Stir. If you end up with a few lumps you can stir vigorously or run through a strainer to remove them. Whisk in the heavy whipping cream and a pinch of salt. Chill in the refrigerator overnight. Or if you’re impatient like me, pour it out onto a cookie sheet and put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes until cold. Then run it through an ice cream maker following the manufacturers instructions. Optional stir-ins: Chopped dark chocolate, toasted nuts, sugar free toffee bits, etc.
Notes

Approx nutrition info per serving: 209 calories, 20g fat, 4g net carbs, 3g protein

this one came from ibreatheimhungry. I just made this and put in the fridge. I will put it in the ice cream maker later... but the unfrozen was good! So Chocolately!!

and this one, i have not made yet, but hope to make soon, is chicken pot pie
FILLING:
1/2 cup butter or coconut oil
1 TBS coconut flour
1 tsp Celtic sea salt
Black pepper to taste
2 TBS finely chopped onion
3 cups chicken broth
4 slices bacon, chopped
1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
1 cup asparagus, chopped
CRUST RECIPE:
4 TBS coconut oil (or butter)
*NOTE: coconut oil = flaky crust
4 TBS coconut flour
2/3 cup almond flour
1 tsp Celtic sea salt
OPTIONAL: 2 TBS Parmesan cheese, grated (for additional 'yum' factor!)
OPTIONAL: 1 egg (for brushing)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C.) In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Blend in coconut flour, salt, pepper and onion. Gradually stir in chicken broth. Cook, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened. In a separate pan, saute chopped bacon and add in mushrooms to saute in bacon fat, then stir into saucepan. Stir in chicken, asparagus, celery. Mix well and pour into bottom of pie pan (or a soup cup like my photo: click HERE to find).

Crust: In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients until a thick dough forms (if you place it in the fridge to chill for a few hours it rolls out better). Place on a greased sheet of parchment, and cover with another piece of greased parchment. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a 1/8th inch thin crust. Cover the pie pan/soup dishes with crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make a few small slits in the top to allow steam to escape. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown, and filling is bubbly. Makes 8 servings.

Traditional Pot Pie (with top and bottom crust) = 623 calories, 42g fat, 19g protein, 42 carbs, 3g fiber
"Healthified" Pot Pie = 356 calories, 26g fat, 22g protein, 6.3 carbs, 3.1g fiber

This one i think and the oreos came from marias nutrition... i searched google for high fat/low carb or nutritional ketosis recipes and just saved the ones I liked.... try those two sites and I posted the recipes for the ice cream too!!
Old 06-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

Lets see if I can put the picture of the pot pie in here..
Old 06-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #377
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Lets see if I can put the picture of the pot pie in here..
I LOVE pot pies......
Old 06-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
No I have not made the oreos yet. Where did I get them... online... I will have to try to figure out where. I tried not to copy only dessert ones, but thats one I got alot of... LOL

Ingredients

3 large eggs
pinch of salt
Instructions

Combine the sugar substitute, eggs, cocoa powder and almond milk in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for one minute. Stir. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir. If the mixture hasn’t thickened slightly, repeat for 30 seconds one more time. Stir. If you end up with a few lumps you can stir vigorously or run through a strainer to remove them. Whisk in the heavy whipping cream and a pinch of salt. Chill in the refrigerator overnight. Or if you’re impatient like me, pour it out onto a cookie sheet and put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes until cold. Then run it through an ice cream maker following the manufacturers instructions. Optional stir-ins: Chopped dark chocolate, toasted nuts, sugar free toffee bits, etc.
Notes

Approx nutrition info per serving: 209 calories, 20g fat, 4g net carbs, 3g protein

this one came from ibreatheimhungry. I just made this and put in the fridge. I will put it in the ice cream maker later... but the unfrozen was good! So Chocolately!!

What kind of sweetener did you use? Splenda freezes so HARD- I LOVED the consistency of the zylitol, but DH can't eat it!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Quote:

Ingredients

3 large eggs
pinch of salt
Instructions

Notes

What kind of sweetener did you use? Splenda freezes so HARD- I LOVED the consistency of the zylitol, but DH can't eat it!
I used swerve on this one. I heard the salt keeps it from freezing hard. I also read somewhere to use 1 tbsp of vodka, that would keep it from freezing so hard too. Not sure how hard it will freeze with swerve yet since I have not used it before in ice cream, but splenda and such freezes really hard!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:18 PM   #380
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I used swerve on this one. I heard the salt keeps it from freezing hard. I also read somewhere to use 1 tbsp of vodka, that would keep it from freezing so hard too. Not sure how hard it will freeze with swerve yet since I have not used it before in ice cream, but splenda and such freezes really hard!
Well let us know okay? I have made a rum raisin that was excellent (cut the raisins into specs of course) and it worked good- the alcohol of course, so the vodka might work!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #381
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hot Potato
Stats: 117.4kg/107.1/99kg (first goal)
WOE: LCHF/primal/NK
Start Date: May 2013
Those recipes are amazing! Especially the pie!

Drjlocarb, thank you for the link. I read through it and I think most of it sunk in (it was when I had just woken up and was lying in bed pre-coffee!!) I think, going by the explanations, my relative ease at registering ketosis on the pee sticks after registering zero ketones is because I am likely keto adapted. Yes?? Lol.

I had a nice surprise on the scales this morning. Yesterday I was 112.5kg. Today I am 111.8! I was hungry yesterday, for the first time in a long time. I ate almost 2000 calories. 100gm protein and 16 grams total carbs (13.5 grams of fibre so only around 3 net carbs). I ate 160 grams of fat Highest i have eaten so far ...I am only a few days before TOM so I am blaming that.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #382
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: afuentes
Stats: 188/140/130 - I am 5'6"
WOE: Primal/low carb with weight training
Start Date: honest restart - 11/20/08
I am not losing? I am going to keep my carbs below 35grams, really monitor my protein and try not to go over 2500 calories.

Have you ladies had trouble dropping weight?
Old 06-28-2013, 11:17 PM   #383
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
I stall from time to time. Its normally a case of too many treats, or too many cheats, or just one of those things. Happens more often the closer to goal I get.

I made the chocolate keto cake. I think I did something wrong because it wasn't very nice. Too strongly cocoa flavoured, not very sweet and odd texture. I ended up putting HWC and LC sorbet on it.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:47 AM   #384
Senior LCF Member

I made a pizza!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...esan-base.html

More pics in my profile

It was amazing!
Old 06-29-2013, 05:02 AM   #385
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
I stall from time to time. Its normally a case of too many treats, or too many cheats, or just one of those things. Happens more often the closer to goal I get.

I made the chocolate keto cake. I think I did something wrong because it wasn't very nice. Too strongly cocoa flavoured, not very sweet and odd texture. I ended up putting HWC and LC sorbet on it.
Ditto on the keto cake! Cathy, I wonder what we did wrong? Mine was so bad I had to eat some diet jello to get rid of the cocoa taste? Kathy
Old 06-29-2013, 05:03 AM   #386
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I made a pizza!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...esan-base.html

More pics in my profile

It was amazing!
Hot Potato! That looks really good! Kathy
Old 06-29-2013, 05:10 AM   #387
Senior LCF Member

Thanks!

The recipe is from GourmetGirlCooks. I have pasted it directly from her blog.

Almond, flax and Parmesan pizza crust

Dry Ingredients:
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup golden flax seed meal (organic golden flax has a milder taste than brown)
2/3 teaspoon baking powder (aluminum free)
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
Dash cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste (decrease salt if using saltier cheeses and toppings)
Few grinds of freshly ground black pepper
4 - 5 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, finely grated

Wet Ingredients:
1 egg (or 1/4 cup egg substitute such as Egg Beaters)
1 tablespoon olive oil (a little more, if desired)
1 to 2 tablespoons water (*amount of water has been decreased by 2 teaspoons from original recipe) -- start by adding 1 tablespoon of water and add the second, if necessary.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix dry ingredients together; add wet ingredients and mix well.

Let the dough sit for about 5 minutes to thicken. Spread dough on a lightly oiled large round pizza pan or on a cookie sheet with greased parchment paper (I used Reynolds non-stick foil, lightly brushed with olive oil and pressed the dough out with a rubber spatula so it wouldn't stick). Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through (check it after 15 minutes and take out if it looks and feels done). Add sauce, cheese, pre-cooked toppings and place back into the oven for 5-10 minutes to melt the cheese. If desired, run under the broiler for a few minutes to lightly brown the toppings and make the cheese bubbly (be careful not to burn it).
Old 06-29-2013, 05:23 AM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks!

The recipe is from GourmetGirlCooks. I have pasted it directly from her blog.

Almond, flax and Parmesan pizza crust

Dry Ingredients:
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup golden flax seed meal (organic golden flax has a milder taste than brown)
2/3 teaspoon baking powder (aluminum free)
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
Dash cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste (decrease salt if using saltier cheeses and toppings)
Few grinds of freshly ground black pepper
4 - 5 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, finely grated

Wet Ingredients:
1 egg (or 1/4 cup egg substitute such as Egg Beaters)
1 tablespoon olive oil (a little more, if desired)
1 to 2 tablespoons water (*amount of water has been decreased by 2 teaspoons from original recipe) -- start by adding 1 tablespoon of water and add the second, if necessary.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix dry ingredients together; add wet ingredients and mix well.

Let the dough sit for about 5 minutes to thicken. Spread dough on a lightly oiled large round pizza pan or on a cookie sheet with greased parchment paper (I used Reynolds non-stick foil, lightly brushed with olive oil and pressed the dough out with a rubber spatula so it wouldn't stick). Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through (check it after 15 minutes and take out if it looks and feels done). Add sauce, cheese, pre-cooked toppings and place back into the oven for 5-10 minutes to melt the cheese. If desired, run under the broiler for a few minutes to lightly brown the toppings and make the cheese bubbly (be careful not to burn it).
Thanks Hot Potato! I will try this!
Old 06-29-2013, 06:06 AM   #389
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by afuentes View Post
I am not losing? I am going to keep my carbs below 35grams, really monitor my protein and try not to go over 2500 calories.

Hi there! I first must mention that you look amazing!!

I am here because I have 'issues' losing. It seems the common reason (not exclusive) that people find their way here to n.k. Let us know how you do?
Old 06-29-2013, 07:13 AM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afuentes View Post

My first thought was how are going to lose eating 2500 calories a day?? But I guess I would need more specifics. I would be lucky to maintain at that calorie level with my exercise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post

Quote:
Ditto on the keto cake! Cathy, I wonder what we did wrong? Mine was so bad I had to eat some diet jello to get rid of the cocoa taste? Kathy
My first thought to both of you, maybe you could lessen the cocoa then? Also, I went and looked and I used special dark cocoa... but I love the stuff, so maybe thats why I did not notice over "cocoa" flavor, and SF chocolate syrup!! LOL As for the sweet, definitely need to adjust too... I add more than normal, as I like things sweeter than the people with the recipes... I use zsweet drops, so I cannot compare for others what that is with other sweetners...

Also, made the ice cream last night, I thought the flavor was great (although it was really chocolately for some of you then) but it had the "cooling" after effect after like erythritol does..... (I used swerve)... I could have done without that... and i peeked in the freezer, I think its hard.... (really hard) like what happens to LC ice cream when you freeze it.. (sigh)
Closed Thread