Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #301
Senior LCF Member
 
amlyjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 155
Gallery: amlyjo
Stats: 332/310/175
WOE: LC-HF-MP
Start Date: June 2013
Well, the fat fast lasted about 1/2 a day. I thought - why am I doing this instead of just going full out NK? Save the desperate measures for the desperate times! LOL

So I've been doing really well with NK. Yesterday ended up at 81/13/6. I've dropped 4lbs in the last couple of days too.

Must try those oopsies! That's one thing I've never done. Where do I buy xantham gum? Is the Splenda necessary? I'm thinking I'd like them to be able to go either sweet or savory.
amlyjo is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member
 
iamkathy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 329
Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlyjo View Post
Well, the fat fast lasted about 1/2 a day. I thought - why am I doing this instead of just going full out NK? Save the desperate measures for the desperate times! LOL

So I've been doing really well with NK. Yesterday ended up at 81/13/6. I've dropped 4lbs in the last couple of days too.

Must try those oopsies! That's one thing I've never done. Where do I buy xantham gum? Is the Splenda necessary? I'm thinking I'd like them to be able to go either sweet or savory.
Oh, this makes perfect sense to me! LOL! I love it! YEARS ago I made Oopsies and put some celery seed in it, so I'd say the answer is yes, you can me it without splenda. Xantham gum.....Health Food Store or internet- I've never made them with it before, but I have it, use it for thickening gravy, so I am anxious to try it. I've never had lot of luck with these tho, so maybe the Xanthan is an important thing! Kathy
iamkathy01 is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #303
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,794
Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkathy01 View Post
Oh YUM!! Will try that too! Eating "Fluff" for lunch! :-)
Yummo~
catjrow3 is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #304
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,794
Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkathy01 View Post
Oh, this makes perfect sense to me! LOL! I love it! YEARS ago I made Oopsies and put some celery seed in it, so I'd say the answer is yes, you can me it without splenda. Xantham gum.....Health Food Store or internet- I've never made them with it before, but I have it, use it for thickening gravy, so I am anxious to try it. I've never had lot of luck with these tho, so maybe the Xanthan is an important thing! Kathy
You can make savory or sweet.. I just like sweet! You can definitely get Xantham at a store I think... if not, try netrition!

I used to make them without it fine, but I think it holds up better with it. as for the more fat (more cream cheese or adding mayo) it helps them to not dry out!!
catjrow3 is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #305
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
drjlocarb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,362
Gallery: drjlocarb
Stats: 274 /219/190
WOE: vlc/NK
Start Date: LC-1999,jan2010 274 NK 1-1-13 at 244
It sounds like you guys needs some high fat recipes.

High fat, low to moderate protein recipes?

And some oopsie ideas...
Cleochatra's Revoloopsie Rolls (home-made hamburger buns and more)
drjlocarb is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #306
Senior LCF Member
 
iamkathy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 329
Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjlocarb View Post
It sounds like you guys needs some high fat recipes.

High fat, low to moderate protein recipes?

And some oopsie ideas...
Cleochatra's Revoloopsie Rolls (home-made hamburger buns and more)
Oh wow! Thanks! Kathy
iamkathy01 is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #307
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,794
Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjlocarb View Post
It sounds like you guys needs some high fat recipes.

High fat, low to moderate protein recipes?

And some oopsie ideas...
Cleochatra's Revoloopsie Rolls (home-made hamburger buns and more)
Yep, I have read both of those I do believe!!
catjrow3 is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #308
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,794
Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
So I tested my blood ketones again today (I have been holding off to not waste test strips) and was finally at 2.1... first time for me at that number. Highest ever before was 0.6... so I hope thats a good sign!!

I wonder what was different to get it there??? any ideas?

Does exercise effect it at all??
catjrow3 is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #309
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
drjlocarb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,362
Gallery: drjlocarb
Stats: 274 /219/190
WOE: vlc/NK
Start Date: LC-1999,jan2010 274 NK 1-1-13 at 244
It took me over 2 months to get to readings over 0.5 and I didn't change anything during that time.
drjlocarb is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #310
Chatty Cathy
 
clackley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ontario
Posts: 16,880
Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
I am wondering what you all think about when to test for ketones when trying to figure out the impact of protein?

Yesterday, I exceeded my protein grams by a fair bit. I knew I was doing this and wanted (first the steak) and secondly to see what it did to my ketones. Tested this morning (fasting) and was at 2.4 which is pretty good for me. I often test more around the 2.0 mark. So what do you think? Maybe I should have tested right after I digested the meal ... like 4 hours or so after eating. Just that that would mean it was end of the day....?????
__________________
Cathy
Original start - Feb. 2000 180/125

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia

"dumping carbohydrates on your broken metabolism is tantamount to doing jumping jacks on two broken legs" -The Spark of Reason

“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
clackley is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 07:39 AM   #311
Senior LCF Member
 
iamkathy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 329
Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
I am wondering what you all think about when to test for ketones when trying to figure out the impact of protein?

Yesterday, I exceeded my protein grams by a fair bit. I knew I was doing this and wanted (first the steak) and secondly to see what it did to my ketones. Tested this morning (fasting) and was at 2.4 which is pretty good for me. I often test more around the 2.0 mark. So what do you think? Maybe I should have tested right after I digested the meal ... like 4 hours or so after eating. Just that that would mean it was end of the day....?????
I do mine first thing in the morning! They are staying under 1.0 right now for me. Would rather them be a bit higher, but the scale is going down, but
very, very, very sloooooooooow.
iamkathy01 is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #312
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,794
Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
I am wondering what you all think about when to test for ketones when trying to figure out the impact of protein?

Yesterday, I exceeded my protein grams by a fair bit. I knew I was doing this and wanted (first the steak) and secondly to see what it did to my ketones. Tested this morning (fasting) and was at 2.4 which is pretty good for me. I often test more around the 2.0 mark. So what do you think? Maybe I should have tested right after I digested the meal ... like 4 hours or so after eating. Just that that would mean it was end of the day....?????
I would think first thing in the morning too, as thats when its going to be its most "lowest"....
catjrow3 is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #313
Chatty Cathy
 
clackley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ontario
Posts: 16,880
Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
I think you both are right but the over thinking part of my brain says but your ketones could have fallen and then overnight, returned to normal. But probably, it doesn't happen that quickly and even if it did, wouldn't have made any difference. Thanks!
clackley is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #314
GME
Big Yapper!!!!
 
GME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CA Coast
Posts: 9,682
Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/210/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Hi all. I have been lurking here and wondered about this myself. Wouldn't your ketones be lowest after exercise or a period of fasting because you have used them for energy? My type 2 MIL will go out for a walk if her blood sugar is high and the exercise brings it down because she uses the sugar for energy.

It seems to me (just a supposition here) that high ketones might mean you aren't fat-adapted yet so you aren't using them efficiently. Maybe that is already accounted for in P&V's recommended levels though.
__________________
Gina

3/24/14- She is Beautiful 10k- I won!, 7/27/14- Wharf to Wharf (6 miles)- I won!
9/14/14- Title 9K- I won!
11/9/14- Surfer's Path 10K, 4/12/15- Santa Cruz Half Marathon

*My definition of win: I didn't quit, didn't throw up, and they didn't close the course on me.
GME is offline  
Old 06-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #315
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,794
Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Good morning all... so tested blood again this morning, and today was 1.7 fasting... so I am glad that my numbers are at least "reasonable" now. Did not like the LO, or 0.3 or 0.6... yestereday was 2.1, today was 1.7... I will wait a few days now before testing again as i dont have that many more ketone strips... darn expensive things! Still dropping as well, not super fast, but thats okay. I will take it. My trip to England/Italy is in 6 weeks. I would love to lose at least 16 lbs by then.... 26 would be spectacular... haha! not probably going to happen on that one! *that would be 4.3 lbs a week* 16 would be 2.6 a week, so maybe that one...

Kathy, have you tried the PB fluff yet? I was making more oopsie's yesterday and thinking about you while I made them... LOL
catjrow3 is offline  
Old 06-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #316
Senior LCF Member
 
iamkathy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 329
Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Good morning all... so tested blood again this morning, and today was 1.7 fasting... so I am glad that my numbers are at least "reasonable" now. Did not like the LO, or 0.3 or 0.6... yestereday was 2.1, today was 1.7... I will wait a few days now before testing again as i dont have that many more ketone strips... darn expensive things! Still dropping as well, not super fast, but thats okay. I will take it. My trip to England/Italy is in 6 weeks. I would love to lose at least 16 lbs by then.... 26 would be spectacular... haha! not probably going to happen on that one! *that would be 4.3 lbs a week* 16 would be 2.6 a week, so maybe that one...

Kathy, have you tried the PB fluff yet? I was making more oopsie's yesterday and thinking about you while I made them... LOL
I sure did have the PB fluff! It was yummy, just not a lot of it! LOL! Felt like I should eat it with a toothpick! I made oopies yesterday when the pan arrived and I think they turned out well! Not very tall, but good!
Went to our 10 year old grandaughters birthday dinner last night. SLIM pickins, I skipped the wine then had a small bowl of tomato basil soup, and a small salad, no dessert and the scale was STILL up 1/2 pound today-
NOT HAPPY!
iamkathy01 is offline  
Old 06-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #317
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,794
Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkathy01 View Post
I sure did have the PB fluff! It was yummy, just not a lot of it! LOL! Felt like I should eat it with a toothpick! I made oopies yesterday when the pan arrived and I think they turned out well! Not very tall, but good!
Went to our 10 year old grandaughters birthday dinner last night. SLIM pickins, I skipped the wine then had a small bowl of tomato basil soup, and a small salad, no dessert and the scale was STILL up 1/2 pound today-
NOT HAPPY!
Ugh Kathy, I hear you! I have been jones'ing for a glass of wine too... afraid... skeerred!!

Probably just normal fluctuations though on the weight as you know, you surely did not eat enough yesterday to actually gain 1/2 lb... so its just water/BM issues, etc... No stress!!!

Yes the PB fluff is not much, but its kind of filling, so thats good! I am jones'ing today for a salad too, so I might just have one for lunch.... darn it, and hope it does not kick me out of ketosis. I miss them so much! And I have full fat dressing, but my favorite one is the 10 calorie spray balsamic vin. LOVE that one!!
catjrow3 is offline  
Old 06-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member
 
iamkathy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 329
Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Ugh Kathy, I hear you! I have been jones'ing for a glass of wine too... afraid... skeerred!!

Probably just normal fluctuations though on the weight as you know, you surely did not eat enough yesterday to actually gain 1/2 lb... so its just water/BM issues, etc... No stress!!!

Yes the PB fluff is not much, but its kind of filling, so thats good! I am jones'ing today for a salad too, so I might just have one for lunch.... darn it, and hope it does not kick me out of ketosis. I miss them so much! And I have full fat dressing, but my favorite one is the 10 calorie spray balsamic vin. LOVE that one!!
Thanks!, I know you are right!! Can't you add some EVO to the salad spritz?? I am trying to wean myself and DH from store bought
Salad dressings- just bottles of chemicals!
iamkathy01 is offline  
Old 06-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #319
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,794
Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkathy01 View Post
Thanks!, I know you are right!! Can't you add some EVO to the salad spritz?? I am trying to wean myself and DH from store bought
Salad dressings- just bottles of chemicals!
I love it so much the way it is, I dont want to change it... LOL I know I should not, but .... its a vice ... I ate it too! It had 11 fat, and 24 carbs (16 net).... oh well, it was yummy. I put some avocado on it to get some fat! thats were most of the fat came from...
catjrow3 is offline  
Old 06-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #320
Senior LCF Member
 
Hot Potato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 146
Gallery: Hot Potato
Stats: 117.4kg/107.1/99kg (first goal)
WOE: LCHF/primal/NK
Start Date: May 2013
Just wanted to stick my head in and say hello as I havent posted for a few days. I feel a bit lost to be honest....I am definitely eating low carb (except for some chips last night which threw me out of ketosis this morning according to my pee sticks). But I am not eating enough fat or protein.

Basically, I am not recording my macros which makes me feel like I am winging it and not on top of it all mentally. I need to get back on track and do this thing properly!!!!

I am down to 112.7kg as of this morning (247.9 pounds) but i am only a few days away from my period so I know I am retaining fluid. Hopefully I am actually lighter.....

Hope you are all well Good to see the scales shifting for you all.
Hot Potato is offline  
Old 06-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #321
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,794
Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Potato View Post
Just wanted to stick my head in and say hello as I havent posted for a few days. I feel a bit lost to be honest....I am definitely eating low carb (except for some chips last night which threw me out of ketosis this morning according to my pee sticks). But I am not eating enough fat or protein.

Basically, I am not recording my macros which makes me feel like I am winging it and not on top of it all mentally. I need to get back on track and do this thing properly!!!!

I am down to 112.7kg as of this morning (247.9 pounds) but i am only a few days away from my period so I know I am retaining fluid. Hopefully I am actually lighter.....

Hope you are all well Good to see the scales shifting for you all.
Welcome back Hot Potato... we are here for you. Just holler out!

I am also a few days out from TOM.. and starting to feel the bloat and the head cravings are trying to sneak in! I think I will make a chocolate keto cake that will help those darn chocolate thoughts for sure!! I suspect I will be up tomorrow instead of down, but its part of the trade off I guess! now... step away from the potato chips... there ya go!! Now... off for some fat!!
catjrow3 is offline  
Old 06-26-2013, 11:06 PM   #322
Senior LCF Member
 
lilbeetle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 610
Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Chocolate keto cake???
lilbeetle is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 05:18 AM   #323
Senior LCF Member
 
iamkathy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 329
Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Chocolate keto cake???
Yeah lilbettle, HOW can she say something like that and NOT tell us more!
Cathy!!!!! We need info please!!!

And Hot Potato, I was wondering where you were! Good to see you! Kathy
iamkathy01 is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 05:46 AM   #324
Senior LCF Member
 
Hot Potato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 146
Gallery: Hot Potato
Stats: 117.4kg/107.1/99kg (first goal)
WOE: LCHF/primal/NK
Start Date: May 2013
Thanks everyone

My keto sticks are showing levels of 1.5 tonight. This morning they were 0 (due to my chips). What does this mean....?? I thought it took three days to get back into ketosis?? confusing...

I made a lovely sauce for my steak tonight. Cream, garlic and blue cheese, gently heated...delicious!!!
Hot Potato is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 06:03 AM   #325
Senior LCF Member
 
iamkathy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 329
Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Potato View Post
Thanks everyone

My keto sticks are showing levels of 1.5 tonight. This morning they were 0 (due to my chips). What does this mean....?? I thought it took three days to get back into ketosis?? confusing...

I made a lovely sauce for my steak tonight. Cream, garlic and blue cheese, gently heated...delicious!!!
I have no clue if that is correct or not Hot Potato- lets see what the others say! If it is NOT 3 days, I might be risking a glass of wine here shortly!

Good new here this morning tho- scale was finally DOWN a pound and the ketones are .7! Interesting! Kathy
iamkathy01 is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 06:07 AM   #326
Senior LCF Member
 
iamkathy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 329
Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Crackers

Anyone done any like this? I am craving something crunchy and celery just does not cut it! LOL! Hot Potato, I tried your flax crackers and it might have been my flax, but I wasn't wild about them

1½ c. roasted and UNsalted sunflower seeds
1½ c. grated cheddar cheese
¼ c. water

Preheat oven to 325º. You need a 13 x 15 cookie sheet pan and parchment paper for these.

Process sunflower seeds to a fine meal. Add the cheese and process until smooth. Add water and process until it becomes a dough ball.

Cover bottom of sheet pan (cake roll pan 13″x15″) with parchment paper. Put dough in even globs on the parchment. Now the fun begins. Using plastic gloves (I keep them on hand for such things) or a plastic sandwich bag as a glove, press out evenly all the way to the edges of the pan. BE PATIENT! This takes a few minutes, but it WILL spread all the way out and be a very thin dough. If you get “holes” in the dough, press them out. With a knife tip, lightly (& carefully so as not to tear dough) score the sheet of dough into 92 crackers approximately 1″x1½” in size (7 crackers across the short side and 14 down the long side). If desired, sprinkle any of the following on the tops: cayenne pepper, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, rosemary crushed fine, oregano, Indian Garam Masala, black pepper. I did one row of each and one row plain and we liked them ALL!

Bake exactly 30 minutes at 325º. Remove and WHILE STILL HOT, complete the scoring with a knife to separate the crackers. If you wait until they are cool, they’ll be too brittle and will break all to tiny pieces.

I can see using these for not-too-stiff sour cream or yogurt dips, as a soup/cheese compliment or just by themselves!

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION:

Makes 92 crackers
Serving size = 3 crackers

Each serving has: 60 calories;
5.2g fat; 1.6g carbs .69g fiber 2.7 protein, 1.0 g NET CARB
iamkathy01 is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 06:29 AM   #327
Senior LCF Member
 
Hot Potato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 146
Gallery: Hot Potato
Stats: 117.4kg/107.1/99kg (first goal)
WOE: LCHF/primal/NK
Start Date: May 2013
They sound good Kathy. Let me know how you go
Hot Potato is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #328
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,794
Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Sorry guys for dumping out on you with the chocolate keto mug cake!!

Recipe is this..
Use a large Mug (i have one thats good size, since it rises, could use a microwave safe bowl too)
Okay, so
1 TBSP of butter (melted in mug first)
1 TBSP HWC
2 TBSP Cocoa Powder
1 egg
1tsp of erythritol (I use 8 drops of Zsweet) so whatever you need for sweetness and your preference really to how much)
1 tsp of Baking Powder..

Mix it all really well... cover with saran wrap, poke a little hole in the top and microwave for 1 minute to 1 min 30 secs. I use the longer time. Some like less so its a little less cooked and more like lava cake..

Then top with whipped HWC... YUMM!!
catjrow3 is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #329
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,794
Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkathy01 View Post
Anyone done any like this? I am craving something crunchy and celery just does not cut it! LOL! Hot Potato, I tried your flax crackers and it might have been my flax, but I wasn't wild about them

1½ c. roasted and UNsalted sunflower seeds
1½ c. grated cheddar cheese
¼ c. water

Preheat oven to 325º. You need a 13 x 15 cookie sheet pan and parchment paper for these.

Process sunflower seeds to a fine meal. Add the cheese and process until smooth. Add water and process until it becomes a dough ball.

Cover bottom of sheet pan (cake roll pan 13″x15″) with parchment paper. Put dough in even globs on the parchment. Now the fun begins. Using plastic gloves (I keep them on hand for such things) or a plastic sandwich bag as a glove, press out evenly all the way to the edges of the pan. BE PATIENT! This takes a few minutes, but it WILL spread all the way out and be a very thin dough. If you get “holes” in the dough, press them out. With a knife tip, lightly (& carefully so as not to tear dough) score the sheet of dough into 92 crackers approximately 1″x1½” in size (7 crackers across the short side and 14 down the long side). If desired, sprinkle any of the following on the tops: cayenne pepper, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, rosemary crushed fine, oregano, Indian Garam Masala, black pepper. I did one row of each and one row plain and we liked them ALL!

Bake exactly 30 minutes at 325º. Remove and WHILE STILL HOT, complete the scoring with a knife to separate the crackers. If you wait until they are cool, they’ll be too brittle and will break all to tiny pieces.

I can see using these for not-too-stiff sour cream or yogurt dips, as a soup/cheese compliment or just by themselves!

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION:

Makes 92 crackers
Serving size = 3 crackers

Each serving has: 60 calories;
5.2g fat; 1.6g carbs .69g fiber 2.7 protein, 1.0 g NET CARB
Kathy, have you tried pork rinds for crunch with a nice french onion or sour cream dip from the store?? or at our wholefoods, you can buy parmesan cheese crackers.. I dont like them much, but my hubby loves them!! they are like crackers too... all done up for you!
catjrow3 is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
drjlocarb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,362
Gallery: drjlocarb
Stats: 274 /219/190
WOE: vlc/NK
Start Date: LC-1999,jan2010 274 NK 1-1-13 at 244
Here are some threads with cracker recipes.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...kers-tips.html

Those cheese crisps everyone is talking about...

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-crackers.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-crackers.html
drjlocarb is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.