Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 07:12 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: raytamtay3
Stats: SW: 157.2 - 151.8 - CW: 150 GW: 140/145 Ht. 5'6"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Switching it up

Hi all. I decided to try and switch it up to begin losing some weight as I was doing Southbeach and things just were not progressing. Can you take a look at yesterdays meals to see if I am doing things right?

B - Coffee with 2 pats of butter, powdered creamer and sweet and low
S - Pumpkin seeds
L - Egg salad and a salad with evoo and vinegar
D - Double cheeseburger, minus the bun, with low sugar ketchup, mustard, onion and brocolli and cauliflower medley with butter
D - Sugar free fudge pop and 1 tbsp of PB (not natural because I'm out)

I'm up 3 lbs since starting this which was about 3 days ago. And I feel bloated.

Last edited by raytamtay3; 05-31-2013 at 07:19 AM..
raytamtay3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2013, 04:46 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: barrybush
Stats: 231/221/175
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: February 25, 2014
I am a newby so keep that in mind. I have lost down from 225 to 197 so I have had some success. Some things I have learned : write down everything you eat and drink on some kind of sheet everyday. I made a little form to track total calories, total carbs, net carbs, fiber, protein, fat and water. I find if I don't track everything I slip up and don't know why. I have read several places that our wight can vary as much as 4 lbs due to water retention. So don't panic. Track your wight loss and evaluate week by week. Some people don't have to go to the trouble of writing everything down and they lose weight without it. If I don't write it down and track it is when I slip up and my ketones drop and I don't know why. Be careful of too much protein and artificial sweeteners. The sugar free ketchup and sugar free pop and the sweet and low would kick me out of ketosis. It may not be a problem for you. Keep posting. There are great people here that can help you more than I can. Everyone here wants you to succeed. Hope this helps.
barrybush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:41 AM   #3
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Just an FYI thing, here are the ingredients on the Original Coffee-mate powdered creamer, and the sugar free one.

Original:
INGREDIENTS: CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, VEGETABLE OIL (PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED COCONUT OR PALM KERNEL, HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN), SODIUM CASEINATE (A MILK DERIVATIVE)**, AND LESS THAN 2% OF DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE (MODERATES COFFEE ACIDITY), MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES (PREVENTS OIL SEPARATION), SODIUM ALUMINOSILICATE, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, ANNATTO COLOR.** Not a source of lactose.

Sugar free:
INGREDIENTS: VEGETABLE OIL (PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED COCONUT OR PALM KERNEL, HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN), CORN SYRUP SOLIDS**, SODIUM CASEINATE (A MILK DERIVATIVE)***, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, AND LESS THAN 2% OF DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE (MODERATES COFFEE ACIDITY), MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES (PREVENTS OIL SEPARATION), SALT, SODIUM ALUMINOSILICATE, SUCRALOSE, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM (NON-NUTRITIVE SWEETENER), YEAST.** Adds a trivial amount of sugar.
*** Not a source of lactose.

http://www.thedailyplate.com/ <-- food and exercise tracking
http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:58 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Perplexity
Stats: 232/165/136 5'9"
WOE: high fat/low carb/restricted calorie
Start Date: December 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by raytamtay3 View Post

I'm up 3 lbs since starting this which was about 3 days ago. And I feel bloated.
That is exactly what happens to me if I start using diet sodas or anything sweetened with aspartame/nutrasweet... I'm sensitive to it, bloat 2-4 pounds right in the stomach area. It's easy for my nutrasweet intake to jump when I am cutting back elsewhere, diet coke is everywhere. (Does not happen to me at all with splenda.) You might check the sugar free popsicles too. When I read labels and cut out nutrasweet, that bloat drops over the following week.

(I have had the hardest time staying off that stuff!)
Perplexity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: drjlocarb
Stats: 274 /219/190
WOE: vlc/NK
Start Date: LC-1999,jan2010 274 NK 1-1-13 at 244
We could help more if you could tell us what the calories and grams of f/p/c are that you are eating daily.
drjlocarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #6
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
It is good to know up front that n.k. is quite specific in terms of the amounts and types of macro nutrients. It can be more restrictive than some people need.

If you are coming from a s.b. woe, it might be easier and equally productive to do Atkins induction. If you prefer to do n.k., you need to be prepared to micro manage all your foods on a regular basis....consistently.
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote