Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/)
-   -   NK Day 1-30 Results (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/804522-nk-day-1-30-results.html)

actionzen 05-20-2013 06:18 PM

NK Day 1-30 Results

I can't believe that 30 days has passed. I'm using a blog to keep a journal of my results and my daily food intake. Below is the link to the 30 day results page.

Ketosis Experiment: Day 1-30 Results with Charts and Graphs (oooh!)

I'm not a blogger and am not trying to get recognition from this, it's merely a way for me to be accountable. If it helps anyone else, than that is great. I find many bloggers explaining their experiences without getting into specifics.

I'm amazed at the progress I made since, i began eating with ketosis in mind 3 weeks prior to and didn't shed a lbs. For some reason, when i began tracking and becoming more consistent, the weight started dropping. My goal is to stay in ketosis without losing too much of my lean body mass, which is why you see a gradual increase in protein intake. So far so good, but you can see that my macros are still within the range of ketosis and my carb intake is regulated. I also did this bc the body can only use stored fat when no fat for energy is available.

Also about 2.5 weeks into the experiment I decided to try caloric cycling, by eating higher calories on days I workout and less on rest days. I plan to continue this and change my workout regiment to lift heavy weights three times a week. I'm currently doing resistance training, yoga, and hiking once a week.

I've seen improvements in weight, down 10 lbs from day 1 of tracking, and lost a total of 3.25 inches from my body. Not bad and I hope I'll have similar results for my next 30 days.

I hope this helps anyone who is struggling with ketosis to see what it all kind of looks like.

Good luck to those that are on this journey. Regardless of whether I reach my goals, eating LCHF is the way to optimal health, IMO.

drjlocarb 05-21-2013 06:36 PM

You are doing great action. You have done a really good job tweaking your diet to get the numbers and results you want. It is all a great big experiment for each of us.

I love all the graphs and data collection.

actionzen 05-23-2013 07:00 AM

Thank you drj, you've been so very supportive and appreciate all your input. By logging all my food and results I hope it will help others understand that it takes time, consistency, and a lot of tweaking to find what works for them. I hope you're doing well. You helped me work with my BMR levels and opened my eyes to a whole new way of seeing things. Thank you!!

Donamo 05-27-2013 04:49 PM

Very interesting, and graphs too! oooh! :)

What is the value of taking your glucose readings. I thought of doing this but then wondered why?

drjlocarb 05-27-2013 05:25 PM

I checked blood glucose because I had high readings (110-130) before NK. I think I was eating too much protein and was firmly in a gluconeogenic state. As I lowered the protein, my bld/glu came down too. I am not diabetic. My bld/glu is normal if I don't eat low carb/ high protein.