Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member
 
Lindy in Louisiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northwest Louisiana
Posts: 545
Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroproses View Post
LOL oh man, that would have done it probably too

Actually, this was worse! I was sitting in a wooden chair at the kitchen table, leaning back on the two back legs like I really shouldn't have been... and yeah, I slipped, my foot wound up underneath one of the wooden chair legs and aaaaaall my weight fell on top of my one little toe. The second one that's next to the big toe

Yeah, that was days ago and it's feeling worse now... I have all the signs of a fracture, but I don't know if I really want to go to urgent care for an x-ray or not. I buddy taped it for now, and I'm SUPPOSED to be staying off of it. But it won't stop being sunny outside dang it, so I have to go to the park!
If you went to the ER what would they do besides tape it up. That's what they did to mine. Unless you have really good insurance, don't bother.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Beezer Louisiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,769
Gallery: Beezer Louisiana
Stats: 192.2/160/160 (5'6")
WOE: Very low carb, no frankenfoods. NK
Start Date: June 21, 2010
161.4 lbs

I hope it sticks! I had rhinoplasty on Monday and was expecting to lose a bunch of weight this week. Didn't really happen,I guess I'm carrying water weight in my face. LOL

I'm feeling a lot better today, 5 days post-op, maybe moving around more will shake some pounds loose.
Beezer Louisiana is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #63
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 72,094
Gallery: Dottie
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroproses View Post
LOL oh man, that would have done it probably too

Actually, this was worse! I was sitting in a wooden chair at the kitchen table, leaning back on the two back legs like I really shouldn't have been... and yeah, I slipped, my foot wound up underneath one of the wooden chair legs and aaaaaall my weight fell on top of my one little toe. The second one that's next to the big toe

Yeah, that was days ago and it's feeling worse now... I have all the signs of a fracture, but I don't know if I really want to go to urgent care for an x-ray or not. I buddy taped it for now, and I'm SUPPOSED to be staying off of it. But it won't stop being sunny outside dang it, so I have to go to the park!
I'd get it xrayed. It could be shattered or splintered which may need surgery to fix. Never assume it's "just" broken. Hope it is, but it could require medical attention.
Dottie is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!
 
raindroproses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 1,053
Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I'd get it xrayed. It could be shattered or splintered which may need surgery to fix. Never assume it's "just" broken. Hope it is, but it could require medical attention.
Hmm... well, I can still move it. So the bone doesn't seem to be displaced or anything, which is apparently very common with toes. They rarely become displaced or anything like that. It's just very painful to walk on/move it, it's slightly swollen, and I feel a pressure every time I bear down on it. I'm not sure it could be shattered or anything like that if the toe is still able to move... but then again I've never fractured/broken a toe, so I wouldn't know
raindroproses is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #65
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 45
Gallery: actionzen
Stats: 212/207/185
WOE: NK
Start Date: 4/21/13
Lunch: 12:00pm

3 Large Range Free Eggs, 4 oz grass fed beef, 3 oz tuscan kale, 2 Tbsp EVCO, 1 Tbsp MCT Oil, 1 Cup of Free Range Chicken Broth, 2.5 oz of espresso, 2 Brazil Nuts, 1 Tsp Fish Oil

Dinner: 5:30 pm

8 oz Grass Fed Beef, 1 oz Chicken Thigh, 3 oz Mixed Green Salad, 1.5 Tbsp EVCO, 1 Tbsp MCT Oil, 1 Tbsp Olive, 1 tsp Fish Oil

Calories: 2,065

Fats: 184 (78.6%)
Protein: 95 (18.1%)
Carbs: 17.4 (3.3%)
actionzen is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 07:16 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 90
Gallery: May60
Stats: 245.75/205/169
WOE: NK
Start Date: 2/17/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbelkk View Post
WOO! WI this morning 168! Feeling great! Ketostix show ketones, yay. Did IF yesterday and actually stuck to it! SO proud of myself! I def want to start implementing IF more often. I am going to try the 8 hour window on most days and eventually the 6 hour window.

I started my day today at 430a with 3 large eggs fried in lots of butter. thennnnn i had cream cheese with clear liq stevia and some cocoa so prob like 6-7 carbs total, woo!

I didn't weigh my food and honestly want to start living that way a little more and see how it goes. I'm not going to IF on the weekend if my guy wants to have a dinner date but am kinda hoping we don't go out for dinner tonight so i can cut off eating after 1230 today...that kinda freaks me out but as long as i eat enough today by 1230 i will be fine...it's a super busy day at work so not too worried.


just browned like 24oz burger to take to work w/ me so lots of meat if i get hungry. and i have avo for the burger, yum.......

Excited about my WI! Hope you all have a great Friday!
Great job!
May
May60 is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member
 
Lindy in Louisiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northwest Louisiana
Posts: 545
Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer Louisiana View Post
161.4 lbs

I hope it sticks! I had rhinoplasty on Monday and was expecting to lose a bunch of weight this week. Didn't really happen,I guess I'm carrying water weight in my face. LOL

I'm feeling a lot better today, 5 days post-op, maybe moving around more will shake some pounds loose.
Hope you are feeling better. We really missed you.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member
 
Lindy in Louisiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northwest Louisiana
Posts: 545
Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroproses View Post
Hmm... well, I can still move it. So the bone doesn't seem to be displaced or anything, which is apparently very common with toes. They rarely become displaced or anything like that. It's just very painful to walk on/move it, it's slightly swollen, and I feel a pressure every time I bear down on it. I'm not sure it could be shattered or anything like that if the toe is still able to move... but then again I've never fractured/broken a toe, so I wouldn't know
I certainly am not a doctor. Do what feels right for you.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 90
Gallery: May60
Stats: 245.75/205/169
WOE: NK
Start Date: 2/17/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretalyn View Post
Hi Everyone!

I've been wanting to get it on one of these threads, but never seemed to find them until they were 20+ pages long! So I'm happy to have finally caught one from the beginning.

A little about me... I did low-carb off and on for many years, after I first read "Life Without Bread" after my grandmother died from diabetes complications. I finally committed to it two years ago, and have been consistent with since then. I lost about 18 pounds in the first few months, and I've been maintaining my target weight (plus or minus a couple of pounds) for awhile now. But I mostly do this for health reasons. When I'm in ketosis, I'm not bothered with the symptoms of my hypoglycemia and IBS, and my immune system is much stronger. Out of ketosis, I'm sick all the time.

My diet was already fairly "NK approved" but I tweaked a bit when I read the book several weeks ago. I've started counting total carbs rather than net (which has kind of put a damper on my previous enjoyment of Quest Bars!), but didn't really adjust my intake much, other than that, because it was already within the limits. But I did start making more of a conscious effort to limit my protein just a bit and add more fat.

I mostly just hike/walk for exercise but I recently purchased "You Are Your Own Gym" and plan to start the bodyweight program in it, if I can ever get around to reading it!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Welcome Greta!
I have to Albuquerque to watch the balloons!! Love it!!
May
May60 is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Beezer Louisiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,769
Gallery: Beezer Louisiana
Stats: 192.2/160/160 (5'6")
WOE: Very low carb, no frankenfoods. NK
Start Date: June 21, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy in Louisiana View Post
Hope you are feeling better. We really missed you.
Aw, thanks!
Beezer Louisiana is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 90
Gallery: May60
Stats: 245.75/205/169
WOE: NK
Start Date: 2/17/2013
Weighed the same this morning! Happy because that means I have kept that lb off I lost yesterday!

Melanie, sorry about your toe!! Ouch!! I can't imagine how much that hurt, because stubbing a toe is extremely painful!!

Has anyone heard from Darin?? I sure miss him!
I am leaving to spend time with my son in North Carolina. I will be down here a month. So wish me luck! I plan to behave myself!
May
May60 is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #72
Junior LCF Member
 
elleng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: long island
Posts: 39
Gallery: elleng
Stats: 230/155/140
WOE: atkins/nk
Start Date: atkins:3/2010 NK 4/22/13
Here my day:
1531 cal
72%fat
24%protein
4%carb Hoping it shows a loss in the am!
elleng is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 12:10 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member
 
MerryKate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sequim, WA
Posts: 700
Gallery: MerryKate
Stats: 252/196.5/150
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: April 2011
Checking in....it's been a rough week. My corporate employers have decided to combine my department with another company's, 20 miles away, which will triple my commute time and quadruple my gas costs. To make matters worse, it's a company I left 10 years ago because I was so miserable there. (I got to my highest weight while I was there, due to emotional eating to cope with the stress.) I'm trying to decide what to do, and going through a lot of the stages of grief as I deal with having to leave half of my co-workers behind. We were a family-owned company until the corporation bought us out, so it's all been a big shock. I know I was indulging in some emotional eating today – I didn't need 3 chocolate chip cookies at dinner. I'm sorry to see some of the old habits haven't left me entirely. :/

Calories: 2,108 Carbs: 52 Fat: 179 Protein 87
Macros: 74/16/10

Last edited by MerryKate; 05-04-2013 at 12:11 AM..
MerryKate is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member
 
Lindy in Louisiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northwest Louisiana
Posts: 545
Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by May60 View Post
Weighed the same this morning! Happy because that means I have kept that lb off I lost yesterday!

Melanie, sorry about your toe!! Ouch!! I can't imagine how much that hurt, because stubbing a toe is extremely painful!!

Has anyone heard from Darin?? I sure miss him!
I am leaving to spend time with my son in North Carolina. I will be down here a month. So wish me luck! I plan to behave myself!
May
Have a great time.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 12:46 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member
 
Lindy in Louisiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northwest Louisiana
Posts: 545
Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryKate View Post
Checking in....it's been a rough week. My corporate employers have decided to combine my department with another company's, 20 miles away, which will triple my commute time and quadruple my gas costs. To make matters worse, it's a company I left 10 years ago because I was so miserable there. (I got to my highest weight while I was there, due to emotional eating to cope with the stress.) I'm trying to decide what to do, and going through a lot of the stages of grief as I deal with having to leave half of my co-workers behind. We were a family-owned company until the corporation bought us out, so it's all been a big shock. I know I was indulging in some emotional eating today – I didn't need 3 chocolate chip cookies at dinner. I'm sorry to see some of the old habits haven't left me entirely. :/

Calories: 2,108 Carbs: 52 Fat: 179 Protein 87
Macros: 74/16/10
It will get better
Lindy in Louisiana is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 04:10 AM   #76
Junior LCF Member
 
cpresson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 55
Gallery: cpresson
Stats: 172/135/125
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: March 2013
Pre-race WI - 133.5
cpresson is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 04:59 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,192
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpresson View Post
Pre-race WI - 133.5
Good luck today! How do you feel?
Jbinme is online now  
Old 05-04-2013, 05:31 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 100
Gallery: Perfectdeb
FINALLY! after stalling for over three weeks i started taking high doses of B12 about 4 days ago and i've dropped a kg in two days - that felt good!
Perfectdeb is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 06:52 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member
 
Gretalyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 852
Gallery: Gretalyn
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: off and on since 2004, on to stay since March 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by May60 View Post
Welcome Greta!
I have to Albuquerque to watch the balloons!! Love it!!
May
Thank you!
Albuquerque is pretty nice in most ways. I love the climate here.
Enjoy your time with your son!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryKate View Post
Checking in....it's been a rough week.
That does sound very stressful. I'm sorry that you have to deal with this.
Gretalyn is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #80
Junior LCF Member
 
cpresson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 55
Gallery: cpresson
Stats: 172/135/125
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
Good luck today! How do you feel?
Race went well overall. Did it NK style, with only water and salt/electrolyte caps that I took 2x during the race. My knee started really hurting about 7.5 miles in and the last 2 miles I had to alternate between jogging and walking from the pain. But I felt great otherwise and it is a beautiful day here in Columbus, OH
cpresson is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #81
Junior LCF Member
 
cpresson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 55
Gallery: cpresson
Stats: 172/135/125
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: March 2013
Oh yeah--post race weight (and I drank quite a bit of water during the race) is 132.5--a new low for me I know I'm still a bit dehydrated though, but I like that number
cpresson is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #82
Junior LCF Member
 
elleng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: long island
Posts: 39
Gallery: elleng
Stats: 230/155/140
WOE: atkins/nk
Start Date: atkins:3/2010 NK 4/22/13
WI this morning, still at 158. No loss but no gain either! Wondering if I should tweak or leave it alone--calories are on the low side though overall % are good.
elleng is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member
 
Lindy in Louisiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northwest Louisiana
Posts: 545
Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Meh, up a bump 234. Still a result from lowering my cals and protein a couple of days ago. Funny how that works.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member
 
lisamt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 534
Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by elleng View Post
WI this morning, still at 158. No loss but no gain either! Wondering if I should tweak or leave it alone--calories are on the low side though overall % are good.
How long have you been at 158? If it's less than 3 weeks, I would not tweak anything.

I know it's hard, I'm always tempted to change things when the scale goes up or I stay the same weight for a week or two.
lisamt is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 100
Gallery: Perfectdeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpresson View Post
Race went well overall. Did it NK style, with only water and salt/electrolyte caps that I took 2x during the race. My knee started really hurting about 7.5 miles in and the last 2 miles I had to alternate between jogging and walking from the pain. But I felt great otherwise and it is a beautiful day here in Columbus, OH
why were your knees sore?
Perfectdeb is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member
 
April04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NYC 'burbs
Posts: 351
Gallery: April04
Stats: 216/190/150
WOE: NK 80/15/5
Start Date: April 4, 2013
I'm new to the NC WOE, but really believe in it. I'm learning a lot from these boards, so I thought I'd say hi, and look forward to following along with you on our journey.

I've been low-zero carbing for 31 days, and plan to make it a lifestyle, I love the way I feel.

This was my dayaily Totals
Calories
1140
Fat
95.7 g
Fiber
3.4 g
Carbs
9.5 g
Sodium
1066.1 mg
Protein
61.3 g
Water
72 fl oz
Daily Calorie Composition: 3% from carbs, 76% from fat and 21% from protein.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
April04 is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #87
Junior LCF Member
 
elleng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: long island
Posts: 39
Gallery: elleng
Stats: 230/155/140
WOE: atkins/nk
Start Date: atkins:3/2010 NK 4/22/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamt View Post
How long have you been at 158? If it's less than 3 weeks, I would not tweak anything.

I know it's hard, I'm always tempted to change things when the scale goes up or I stay the same weight for a week or two.
Only a couple of days--still I'm impatient! Just plan on staying the course!
elleng is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #88
Junior LCF Member
 
elleng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: long island
Posts: 39
Gallery: elleng
Stats: 230/155/140
WOE: atkins/nk
Start Date: atkins:3/2010 NK 4/22/13
Today's total: 1573
73%fat
24%protein
3% carbs
Treated myself to a larger steak tonite--kept the day low in protein so I could! Was still below my top gram of 95 with a final total of 89.8g
elleng is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member
 
Lindy in Louisiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northwest Louisiana
Posts: 545
Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by April04 View Post
I'm new to the NC WOE, but really believe in it. I'm learning a lot from these boards, so I thought I'd say hi, and look forward to following along with you on our journey.

I've been low-zero carbing for 31 days, and plan to make it a lifestyle, I love the way I feel.

This was my dayaily Totals
Calories
1140
Fat
95.7 g
Fiber
3.4 g
Carbs
9.5 g
Sodium
1066.1 mg
Protein
61.3 g
Water
72 fl oz
Daily Calorie Composition: 3% from carbs, 76% from fat and 21% from protein.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
Looking good, April, maybe bump calories up a couple of hundred. You don't want to be real low or you will stall. Welcome to the forum.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #90
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 45
Gallery: actionzen
Stats: 212/207/185
WOE: NK
Start Date: 4/21/13
May 3, 2013

Weight: 208.2

Breakfast/Lunch: 11:00 am

3 Large Free Range Eggs, 4 oz Grass Fed Beef, 2 Tbsp EVCO, 1 Tbsp MCT Oil, 1.5 Tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice, 2 Brazil Nuts, 1 Tsp Fish Oil

Calories: 1,092
Fats: 97
Protein: 45
Carbs: 16.7 (net carbs 11.1)

Dinner: 5:00 pm

8 oz Grass Fed Beef, 3 Oz. Mixed Green Salad, 1 oz Grass Fed Cheese, 1 Tbsp MCT Oil, 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, 1 Tbsp EVCO, 1 Tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice,

Calories: 953
Fats: 85
Protein: 51
Carbs: 3.1 (net carbs 2.5)

Totals

Calories:
Fats: 182 (78.1%)
Protein: 95 (18.1%)
Carbs: 19.8 (3.8%)

First day of eating of increasing my protein intake and lowering my fat intake. I feel more hungry. Curious to see how my ketones read tomorrow.
actionzen is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:12 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.