Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiga
Stats: 242/137/130
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: May 2011
Stall. Big time.

I've been LC'ing for 2 years. Ketogenic diet for 1. Since October I have lost 3 lbs. nothing as changed.
I recently .. Past 3 weeks started running, which is making my muscles retain water and I weigh more!
Help. I am so close to my goal but can not. Lose more. I can't cut more carbs anywhere honestly. I eat 20/30 a day on a 'heavier' day for me. :/
Tiga is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Sometimes when you are close to goal you also need to start watching your calories.. Try doing that and watching your fat intake as well and see if that knocks the rest off.
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:33 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Punkin
Stats: 160/95/100
WOE: NK or LC
If you could give some details it would really help. Height, weight, age, sex, %BF if known and a sample of a typical daily menu and your weekly workout routine.
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Also, are those 20/30 carbs your TOTAL carbs? Or your NET carbs subtracting fiber and sugar alcohols? You can definitely cut down from there either way if that's your problem... some people as they reach goal are just more sensitive to carbs, especially if they were carb sensitive and/or insulin resistant to begin with.

I've been eating under 10 TOTAL carbs per day, not subtracting anything... so it definitely can be done, and I find I do best when that's where I'm at. YMMV though, and I agree that it would help to have more information about what's going on
raindroproses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
You might benefit from taking a close look at how much protein (grams) you are eating. Too much can stall you.

At 130, using the Living book's formula, (130/2.2)*1.5, that'd be about 88g a day as a start point and tweak up or down from there. Your familiar with keto eating so you know that is not 88g of meat but the protein content of whatever your protein source is.

You might also examine your fat sources and try to get most of your fat from saturated and monounsaturated sources (coconut oil is excellent of course).

Consider rethinking your approach to exercise. Running is not conducive to weight loss - strength training is. A very short very intense once a week strength regimen is a good approach, I think, so look into Body By Science by McGuff.
reddarin is offline   Reply With Quote