Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 07:29 AM   #2131
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
Yep, 5'3. I'm actually feeling more energy so at some point I'll probably try to do something to try and tone up. That'll probably make the scale go up a little. I just need to stop worrying about that 'number' too much and focus on how I feel because that's the real reason I'm doing this
We're both in the same boat pretty much there... both thinking about trying to do something to tone up when we're so close to that "goal" we have in our heads, and both caring too much about the number on the scale when we know we're doing it for reasons other than that. It's really been scaring me into staying still on exercise other than the occasional walk pretty much, but I guess I'm lucky enough that I haven't had any extra energy anyway like you have so it really hasn't been an attractive option yet... I'm hoping that'll change soon though

Hopefully we can both find a way to beat our own minds and put less gravity on the effects morning weigh-ins have on us and how we view our successes... I know it's kind of a lousy place to be in, both KNOWING that it's not all about that, but caring what it says anyway. At least you know you're in good company here though

I liked what Michelle (I believe) said before a few days back to me... NO ONE can see the number on the scale except you, but EVERYONE can see your body and what you look like. So even if the scale goes up a few pounds here or there with the addition of muscle and subtraction of fat, no one's going to see that number climbing. They're going to see a very physically fit woman who's ready for swimsuit season! Body composition >>>>> number on the scale needs to be my mantra. I'm hoping I'm getting there, slowly

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2013, 07:31 AM   #2132
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSKUBY View Post
Morning! I had a busy weekend! I had company from Maine and Conn stay for the whole weekend. Sunday I helped my neighbor move furniture then went for a sunset hike up Mt Kearsage with some folks from my gym. Didn't get home and in bed till almost 11:30pm. It was awesome! I am constantly amazed at how much I can do with 30 less lbs and being in fat burning mode! I felt strong thru the whole hike!

Then this morning I got up at 5 am to go to bootcamp. But not only did I make thru the class...I kicked some bootcamp ass!
Wow, that hike sounds GORGEOUS! So glad you had a great time... I know I'm surprised by how less winded I get too lately, now that I've lost my 30 pounds

Oh man, bootcamp... that reminds me of my JROTC days. We called our morning PT Raiders training, and it wasn't pretty! That stuff isn't easy
Old 04-29-2013, 07:32 AM   #2133
Major LCF Poster!

Down another .5 this morning to 151.5 I can't believe I'm only 1.5 pounds away from my first goal... that's just madness

It's a gorgeous day outside today, so despite getting next to no sleep whatsoever last night I think I'll probably head out to the park and try not to get burnt again
Old 04-29-2013, 07:34 AM   #2134
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Took my Mom to the ER so we were there ALL afternoon and evening.
But I was there 8 hrs and didn't need to eat or snack. That was pretty cool.
They think she has a skeletal muscle injury but cannot rule out gall bladder. Also found a few other things but not things that were causing her pain.
How is she doing? How are you doing?
Old 04-29-2013, 07:36 AM   #2135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MRSKUBY
Stats: 179/176/140 5'5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroproses View Post
Wow, that hike sounds GORGEOUS! So glad you had a great time... I know I'm surprised by how less winded I get too lately, now that I've lost my 30 pounds

Oh man, bootcamp... that reminds me of my JROTC days. We called our morning PT Raiders training, and it wasn't pretty! That stuff isn't easy
When I worked at UNH I saw those ROTC kids doing their training and thought "Ummm...yeah-NO!!" But now I am gung-ho! Of course I don't know how bootcamp classes actually compare but you know what I mean!

ETA: Congrats on the loss!!!!!!!!

Last edited by MRSKUBY; 04-29-2013 at 07:37 AM..
Old 04-29-2013, 07:42 AM   #2136
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Down another .5 this morning to 151.5 I can't believe I'm only 1.5 pounds away from my first goal... that's just madness

It's a gorgeous day outside today, so despite getting next to no sleep whatsoever last night I think I'll probably head out to the park and try not to get burnt again
is that sun melting you?
Old 04-29-2013, 07:43 AM   #2137
Major LCF Poster!

Woohoo! I just FINALLY placed my first Netrition order... over $200 so I got the extra 5% off and a free t-shirt which I'm not sure will fit me, but hey it's free! I feel like a bad person for spending so much, but at least a lot of it is just pantry stuff that'll last for many uses. It was my first time, so I had to try a bunch out. Maybe next time I'll be able to control myself... although over $75 will be cool for another free gift. I didn't know what to choose, I wanted it all

Wound up with the baseball shirt though, anyone have one? There were no reviews or anything, so I hope they don't run super small!
Old 04-29-2013, 07:47 AM   #2138
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
is that sun melting you?
Maybe that's a good explanation for it! Although it certainly hasn't translated to a tan yet... I wonder if you can even tan with sunscreen on? I used to never wear it because I wanted to get dark dark dark in the summer like my mom used to. I'm part Greek, so we're supposed to actually tan. But I'm also part Polish so apparently I get to burn burn burn... also, I think most of my Polish went to my legs because despite NEVER putting sunscreen on them and laying out in the sun for 5+ hours sometimes in direct sunlight... they NEVER burn. They also never tan though. So I look like a barber pole come swimsuit time
Old 04-29-2013, 07:47 AM   #2139
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
Quote:
Oh yeah, I meant to ask you earlier too but I forgot! Do you actually need any props to do Callanetics properly, or no? I keep seeing people saying, "Oh, I could never do that... I don't have a ballet bar in my house!" and all this weird stuff.
Excuses, excuses, excuses. You can use anything as a "bar." I use a folding chair! Works perfectly.

Quote:
I have the 10 in 10 video by the way, not sure which one you use
That's the one I use. I tried "Evolutions" but it's not for me -- I don't like the changes they made to Callan's routines and positions.

**Edited to add that "excuses excuses excuses" was aimed at the "oh but I don't have a bar!!" set, not you!

Last edited by Knittering; 04-29-2013 at 08:07 AM..
Old 04-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #2140
Blabbermouth!!!

Food log - Apr 28, 2013

Numbers and log for yesterday. I ended up really low on calories but after 8,000 calories over the previous two days, I decided to allow this day to be low.

Calories: 1,657

Fat: 143
Pro: 73
Car: 27

76/18/6

Breakfast: Coffee, CO, HWC.
Lunch: Chicken, jalapeno, sour cream, boiled cabbage, broth [bouillon, CO, bacon grease].
Dinner: None.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #2141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
I need a pep talk or something, I am so frustrated.
I had to go back on prescription strength pain killers for my back and when I'm taking them, I don't lose anything. I can't do Callanetics, either, so I don't even have the comfort of knowing that I'm gaining muscle and toning, either. I immediate went up a couple of pounds and now I'm apparently just going to stay here until I'm med-free again. I don't know when that will be -- at this point I have to take them in order to pick up my toddler, and I have to pick her up many many times a day.

Arrrgggh!

The only positive is that so far, I haven't fallen face-first into a bowl of ice cream.
So far: 0/10
Old 04-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #2142
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Super duper cool. Amazing really when you think about it. All things being equal, with vlc LC [maybe we should coin the use of "vLC" to indicate "very low carb" so it wouldn't be confused with "vlc" for "very low calorie"], and in particular NK, you could get caught out and eat one of those slim jim and cheese snacks from the vending machine and be good to go. Compare that to a shaky mainstream dieter trying to get by on one of those 100 calorie Oreo snack packs.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #2143
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittering View Post
I had to go back on prescription strength pain killers for my back and when I'm taking them, I don't lose anything. I can't do Callanetics, either, so I don't even have the comfort of knowing that I'm gaining muscle and toning, either. I immediate went up a couple of pounds and now I'm apparently just going to stay here until I'm med-free again. I don't know when that will be -- at this point I have to take them in order to pick up my toddler, and I have to pick her up many many times a day.

Arrrgggh!

The only positive is that so far, I haven't fallen face-first into a bowl of ice cream.
I'm so sorry about your back. I hope it's better soon. I guess my only suggestion is don't focus on WL for now. Just maintain and get to feeling better. When you don't need the meds then you can work on the WL again. Maybe you'll still lose when your body adjusts?
Old 04-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #2144
Blabbermouth!!!

Weigh-in Apr 29, 2013

Weigh-in this morning... 192.8 wow. New low too. I'm pretty sure that I woke up very dehydrated because I had a serious cramp in my leg when I got up. But I finally broke into the 192s
Old 04-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #2145
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Excuses, excuses, excuses. You can use anything as a "bar." I use a folding chair! Works perfectly.
Awesome! That's great news... I was worried about getting started, thinking I might need to go buy some extra gear or something. It's good to know I can just grab a folding chair or something and be good to go

Quote:
That's the one I use. I tried "Evolutions" but it's not for me -- I don't like the changes they made to Callan's routines and positions.

**Edited to add that "excuses excuses excuses" was aimed at the "oh but I don't have a bar!!" set, not you!
Yeah, I heard some people say Evolutions was a good change when you get tired of the old one and it focuses a bit more on certain areas in different ways... but that the older tapes are much better I'm just wondering how much the 10 in 10 video is going to kick my butt the first time I try it!

And awwww I know, no worries! I kind of felt the same way about it really... reminded me of my dad whenever I tell him he should be doing something. It's always one excuse after another until he runs out of explanations for why he "can't" do something, and then he finally settles with "I'm lazy" as his final one
Old 04-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #2146
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Weigh-in this morning... 192.8 wow. New low too. I'm pretty sure that I woke up very dehydrated because I had a serious cramp in my leg when I got up. But I finally broke into the 192s
Woohoo Darin! Maybe almonds are some sort of magical fat burning device for you or something?
Old 04-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #2147
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Old 04-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #2148
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Arrrgggh!

Janette is right. Health before weight loss every time hands down.

You might google the Rx and see what the side effects are and maybe how it reduces pain - that might explain the sudden water retention.

The thing about meds and weight loss is that meds usually tax the heck out of the liver and or kidneys and those are both major players in weight loss.

But it is likely that your body will adjust to them and get back to 'normal' allowing weight loss while taking them.

Also, it may not be the meds as much as just the rest of the stress from the injury. Along those lines any physical therapy that reduces the stress from the injury might help too. Maybe yoga or a chiropractor or something?
Old 04-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #2149
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Weight this morning was 153.6

I did do Callanetic yesterday morning I am sore today, but didn't see a big gain. I haven't done that exercise in about a month. Guess I already got lazy since it made me sore again.
That's good after all the stress from yesterday Cheryl
Old 04-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #2150
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Wt-130
I'm kinda considering calling goal at 130. It's hard to decide. I'm wearing the clothes that I wanted and my body obviously likes being at this wt but that darn125 is stuck in my head and according to those dumb charts 125 is the higher end of my wt range
Hmmmm.

What will you do differently if you call goal at 130?

Frankly, past using reference weight to figure a starting point for protein goals the charts are almost meaningless. If you look good and feel good it doesn't really matter what the chart says. I'd be very happy around 190 if I didn't have this fat belly, I mean if it was distributed all over instead of centralized at my mid-section.

You could use the last 5 pounds as a transition period to maintenance.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:05 AM   #2151
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hmmmm.

What will you do differently if you call goal at 130?

Frankly, past using reference weight to figure a starting point for protein goals the charts are almost meaningless. If you look good and feel good it doesn't really matter what the chart says. I'd be very happy around 190 if I didn't have this fat belly, I mean if it was distributed all over instead of centralized at my mid-section.

You could use the last 5 pounds as a transition period to maintenance.
That's what I'm asking myself I think it's a mental thing.

So am I understanding correctly that protein would stay the same whether trying to lose wt or maintain? Or would increasing protein lead to wt gain?
Old 04-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #2152
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles View Post
ughh.. something weird is going on ...

thu apr 11 319.4
<then i went to indonesia and china, got sick and ate rice and other bad stuff>
thu apr 25 322.6 (now im home)
sat apt 27 320.1
sun apr 28 316.8
mon apr 29 316.0

whats going on here?!

only thing i can think of is maybe overseas eating that stuff did a refeed of my glycogen or something and since ive been back i havent had any coffee..so going on 5 days now.. i duno.. i never lose really..esp so much, what the what
From what you said it sounded like you were eating very little because you were sick. Is that not right?

Sick and very low calories is going to result in some dramatic weight loss usually I think. Unlike just eating very low calorie all by itself, when you are sick your body doesn't have a choice about using as much energy as it can to fight the sickness.

Terrible way to get there but that is a great scale reading lol

Old 04-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #2153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:

That's amazing, after a few days of going over you have a huge whoosh!!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #2154
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
That's what I'm asking myself I think it's a mental thing.

So am I understanding correctly that protein would stay the same whether trying to lose wt or maintain? Or would increasing protein lead to wt gain?
Generally speaking protein would remain the same because it was based on maintenance weight from the get go.

But at goal the amount of protein you eat could be increased incrementally sort of like the carb ladder with Atkins I think. Excess protein can stall weight because it is converted to glucose but at goal being stalled is no longer a concern. And extra protein by itself is unlikely to cause weight gain. It'd have to be accompanied by enough extra calories to put weight on. Unless, of course, there are underlying metabolic issues that throw 'normal' out the window.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #2155
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Old 04-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #2156
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSKUBY View Post
Morning! I had a busy weekend! I had company from Maine and Conn stay for the whole weekend. Sunday I helped my neighbor move furniture then went for a sunset hike up Mt Kearsage with some folks from my gym. Didn't get home and in bed till almost 11:30pm. It was awesome! I am constantly amazed at how much I can do with 30 less lbs and being in fat burning mode! I felt strong thru the whole hike!

Then this morning I got up at 5 am to go to bootcamp. But not only did I make thru the class...I kicked some bootcamp ass!

I am up 2 lbs this morning but I def had some carbs this weekend and my legs are pretty sore/tired so I'm sure it'll go away. I really hope so cause I saw 156.8 on Sat morning and that is my lowest so far! I wanna see it again!!

A scale victory on Saturday and a Non scale victory with the hike!
Congrats, Amazing!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #2157
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for all the well wishes for my mom. She was always very healthy until she had complications with the statin drugs.
The pain meds helped last night. She is taking Tylenol now. They gave her stronger meds but she doesn't want to take them.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #2158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Myles
Quote:
Took my Mom to the ER so we were there ALL afternoon and evening.
They think she has a skeletal muscle injury but cannot rule out gall bladder. Also found a few other things but not things that were causing her pain.
sorry to hear Cheryl Is she ok? are you ok?
Old 04-29-2013, 09:53 AM   #2159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Myles
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post

Chicken enchilada bake is the best meal on this planet, and if you beg to differ, then you're just plain wrong.
Link to recipe plz!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:59 AM   #2160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles View Post
Link to recipe plz!
I think it's this one. Green Enchilada Chicken
Closed Thread