Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 04:13 AM   #1981
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Weigh in 129-130.
I have a really old, cheap scale. It looked like the line was not quite on 130. Not on 129. I don't want to say I'm back at 130. So I'm saying 129.5!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2013, 04:18 AM   #1982
Major LCF Poster!

I woke up this morning and went to turn on the coffee maker and its dead
I wanted a nice mug of BPC to start my day. Now I'm drinking a weak cup of instant with some HWC. Tastes like watered down HWC
Guess who's going shopping today.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:58 AM   #1983
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
Yep. There have been a couple days that I felt a slight soreness in some muscles like I had worked out. I thought that was odd.
I feel like if I have the energy to do the most basic things for the day, cook, laundry, meet the basic needs of my kids, that's good. And if I have some extra energy I'll do some deep cleaning.
I must have been hyper last year when I was doing P90X, insanity and cleaning every inch of my house!
I get those sore muscles for no real reason a lot.

Sorry to hear you coffee maker is on the blink. I usually break mine, Had to buy me a stainless steel pot.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:59 AM   #1984
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Weigh in this morning 153.8
Old 04-27-2013, 05:01 AM   #1985
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Numbers and log for today.

Calories: 4,173

Fat: 387
Pro: 142
Car: 81

79/13/8

Breakfast: Coffee, CO, HWC.
Lunch: Chicken, jalapeno, onion, cheese, sour cream, broth [bacon grease, CO, bouillon].
Dinner: Almonds.
Snack: OMG almonds.
Don't let the almonds in the house!!

Are they salted? Salted and roasted always get me, I have better control with raw.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:02 AM   #1986
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
Start Date: December 2012
Quote:
I wanted a nice mug of BPC to start my day. Now I'm drinking a weak cup of instant with some HWC. Tastes like watered down HWC
Oh no, that's too bad about the coffee maker. My Keurig died last month and I ended up getting an electric percolator. I really like it!

I'm starting over after a week off NK. I didn't do too badly until Friday, which ended up being a cheat day in both calories and carbs. I'm going to make BPC this morning to kick things off.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:04 AM   #1987
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryKate View Post
No, but since you mentioned it, I looked up the army BF calculator. It also had me at 43% (not not eligible to join the military). *sigh* I want to join you down at the 23% range.

I was looking for it, because I cam across an interesting introduction to ketogenic diets, and the suggested method of calculating needed protein is to multiply lean body mass by 0.8 (or 0.9 if you're very active, which I'm not). That puts me around 88 g protein/day, which is 10-20 more than I've been eating since October.
This reminds me, MDA had a really good article the other day about different protein requirements for different people. It was REALLY good, and alot of the recommendations were on par with NK. If you Google "Mark's Daily Apple how much protein should you be eating" its the first result.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:06 AM   #1988
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpresson View Post
134.5 this morning - but I know I'm a little dehydrated.
Yay, I've been following your posts closely. I'm just getting back into running coming back from an awful IT band injury, and its been comforting to see that NK is working for you.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:10 AM   #1989
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It looks like a little because that cheesecake has a ton of calories. I enjoyed it but I got rid of the rest. It felt like I was eating such a small amount and then it was over 500 cal! Super high in fat though. But some protein. It seems like the protein in dairy foods like cream cheese and sour cream are 'hidden protein'. You don't think of the protein but it can add up. Meat and eggs=protein. I think I eat a lot of dairy sometimes. Oh and the almond butter in the fat bombs have some.
Do you have a recipe for the cheesecake?

When Philadelphia cream cheese is on sale for buy one get one, I just get so excited because they're not on sale often. Last time they were on sale, I bought them all. Over thirty bars.

So I gotta get to work on using them up.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:10 AM   #1990
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
New coffeemaker and a new scale!
Old 04-27-2013, 05:25 AM   #1991
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Down some!
Old 04-27-2013, 05:31 AM   #1992
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Do you have a recipe for the cheesecake?

When Philadelphia cream cheese is on sale for buy one get one, I just get so excited because they're not on sale often. Last time they were on sale, I bought them all. Over thirty bars.

So I gotta get to work on using them up.
30 bricks? I bought a huge brick of it last time at Costco.
Sorry I don't know how to link to another thread but the recipe is here on LCF. It's from literategriffin and I believe it's in the help and suggestions recipe section. It has basic ingredients. It has to be easy for me
Old 04-27-2013, 05:38 AM   #1993
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinisme
Stats: 180/180/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 12/12/2012
164pointwhatever. I knew yesterday that would happen. I don't think I ate nearly enough, started new job( packed a lunch and everything!) and came home super late (for a SaHM of little ones) to sick little one. So didn't sleep. Gonna get my calories way up today. I think last two days were really low. Didn't log yesterday's yet. Stupid scale
Old 04-27-2013, 05:57 AM   #1994
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinisme View Post
164pointwhatever. I knew yesterday that would happen. I don't think I ate nearly enough, started new job( packed a lunch and everything!) and came home super late (for a SaHM of little ones) to sick little one. So didn't sleep. Gonna get my calories way up today. I think last two days were really low. Didn't log yesterday's yet. Stupid scale

Hope the little one feels better.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:02 AM   #1995
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Weigh in this morning 152.5... it's a new low, people!

I have NO idea how my body even managed to do anything good yesterday when I had that crash, but apparently it did. That's another half pound down which is great

As a plus, I kind of forced myself to stay up later last night and as a result slept a LITTLE bit better. Emphasis on the little (I woke up after a little over 4 hours instead of 2-3) but hey, it's a start! Did some research too about the link between hypo and narcolepsy... I think I may be narcoleptic, and I have been my whole life I think I got so caught up in the comical display of narcolepsy in popular media (i.e. people falling asleep in their bowls of soup) that I never even considered it as an option because I don't do that. But not everyone with narcolepsy falls asleep uncontrollably like that I guess... and I have all the other issues. Hmmmm.

I guess once I see about getting myself regulated on thyroid meds finally (and something for my awful adrenal glands) I can see about getting a sleep study done... although I'm not sure I'd really be willing to take any of the medicines prescribed for narcolepsy anyway. Part of me would rather suffer
Old 04-27-2013, 06:27 AM   #1996
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Myles
Hi guys, just recently got back from indonesia and china. Indonesia was SUPER hot and was like 22 hours of flying to get there from LAX. I think i had heat stroke, dehydration and jet lag all at once. I won't go into the details but i was feeling bad and spending a lot of my time there in the washroom. Anyway because of this my stomach was giving me problems and i HAD to eat really easy to digest things like rice and broth. When i got better i tried going back on LC (in indonesia and china) and it was very hard because of the food options. Anyyway, i've been back home for 3 or 4 days and have been back on LC since i got home. It's all good now and im back to where i started before i left and best of all - no cravings Good to be back in Canada.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:31 AM   #1997
Major LCF Poster!

Melanie-congrats on the new low!
Old 04-27-2013, 06:38 AM   #1998
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles View Post
Hi guys, just recently got back from indonesia and china. Indonesia was SUPER hot and was like 22 hours of flying to get there from LAX. I think i had heat stroke, dehydration and jet lag all at once. I won't go into the details but i was feeling bad and spending a lot of my time there in the washroom. Anyway because of this my stomach was giving me problems and i HAD to eat really easy to digest things like rice and broth. When i got better i tried going back on LC (in indonesia and china) and it was very hard because of the food options. Anyyway, i've been back home for 3 or 4 days and have been back on LC since i got home. It's all good now and im back to where i started before i left and best of all - no cravings Good to be back in Canada.
Wow, so sorry to hear about your troubles but I'm glad you're home safe now and were able to get back on plan after all that! I don't think I would have been so well off after eating rice... rice was a binge food for me, and I can almost guarantee I couldn't have it for a little while and easily give it up again. I'd be white knuckling it for sure!

Good for you and welcome home!
Old 04-27-2013, 06:38 AM   #1999
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Melanie-congrats on the new low!
Thank you!! It pretty much made yesterday worth it
Old 04-27-2013, 06:42 AM   #2000
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Myles
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroproses View Post
Weigh in this morning 152.5... it's a new low, people!

I have NO idea how my body even managed to do anything good yesterday when I had that crash, but apparently it did. That's another half pound down which is great

As a plus, I kind of forced myself to stay up later last night and as a result slept a LITTLE bit better. Emphasis on the little (I woke up after a little over 4 hours instead of 2-3) but hey, it's a start! Did some research too about the link between hypo and narcolepsy... I think I may be narcoleptic, and I have been my whole life I think I got so caught up in the comical display of narcolepsy in popular media (i.e. people falling asleep in their bowls of soup) that I never even considered it as an option because I don't do that. But not everyone with narcolepsy falls asleep uncontrollably like that I guess... and I have all the other issues. Hmmmm.

I guess once I see about getting myself regulated on thyroid meds finally (and something for my awful adrenal glands) I can see about getting a sleep study done... although I'm not sure I'd really be willing to take any of the medicines prescribed for narcolepsy anyway. Part of me would rather suffer
Congrats on your new low
Old 04-27-2013, 07:24 AM   #2001
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
Melanie --
Quote:
And like I was telling Darin, I'm actually scared of maintenance and I think it's going to be VERY difficult for me to find a comfy medium that I can handle without losing or gaining anymore once I hit that point
Having more muscle will help with maintenance.

Quote:
That's good to hear you could actually start losing while doing Callanetics though, I was afraid it'd stalled you the whole time.
Oh no! And since I generally only lose a few pounds a month regardless of what I'm eating, not eating, doing, or not doing, I can't even say for sure that starting Callanetics stalled me for a few weeks.

Quote:
I'm not sure if Callanetics helps loose skin at all.
Some people claim that it does, but I suspect it's just the ongoing process of converting fat to lean body tissue (most "loose skin" is actually just lingering fat that needs to go.)

Quote:
That's what I was thinking! I pretty much HATE cardio
Ugh, me too! There was a time when I was doing about an hour of cardio a day because "that's what you have to do to lose weight" and guess how much I lost? LOL. Yup, ZERO. What an utter waste of time and energy.
So far: 0/10
Old 04-27-2013, 07:56 AM   #2002
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Blast those darn almonds! Were they salted?
Yes lol
Old 04-27-2013, 08:02 AM   #2003
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittering View Post
Melanie --

Having more muscle will help with maintenance.
You know? I never thought of it that way! That makes me feel a bit better actually... I was just thinking about the addition of muscle making the scale go back up, but I suppose it'll at least help to keep fat from coming back on since lean muscle burns more fat supposedly

Quote:
Some people claim that it does, but I suspect it's just the ongoing process of converting fat to lean body tissue (most "loose skin" is actually just lingering fat that needs to go.)
You may be right there! I know I have loose skin around the areas where I KNOW I have excess fat still to lose... I bet it's the fat clinging to the skin and weighing it down a bit or something.

Quote:
Ugh, me too! There was a time when I was doing about an hour of cardio a day because "that's what you have to do to lose weight" and guess how much I lost? LOL. Yup, ZERO. What an utter waste of time and energy.
LOL okay good, it's not just me! I used to go to the gym when I was younger actually and "dieting" and yeah... diet, exercised like crazy for hours 3, 4, sometimes 5 days a week. No weight loss. And I didn't LOOK any better either, so I don't even think any fat was coming off. What a waste!

Nowadays I just go for walks occasionally when it's nice out to enjoy the weather and call it a day... none of this jogging, running, biking stuff I see other people doing. Nope, nuh uh... not for me!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:03 AM   #2004
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yes lol
Awww they're a killer, I know!

I forgot to mention yesterday Darin, my BBQ book came in the mail yesterday! That Texas Chili spice rub you were telling me about looks FANTASTIC. I can't wait to try it

I'm actually excited that all the dry rub recipes in there don't contain any sugar whatsoever. Usually I have to stay away from dry rubs anymore because they usually have brown sugar in them... not these! That's awesome
Old 04-27-2013, 08:11 AM   #2005
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpresson View Post
134.5 this morning - but I know I'm a little dehydrated.
Hooray!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #2006
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroproses View Post
Awww they're a killer, I know!

I forgot to mention yesterday Darin, my BBQ book came in the mail yesterday! That Texas Chili spice rub you were telling me about looks FANTASTIC. I can't wait to try it

I'm actually excited that all the dry rub recipes in there don't contain any sugar whatsoever. Usually I have to stay away from dry rubs anymore because they usually have brown sugar in them... not these! That's awesome
Yay!!

Yeah, that is my favorite rub. I have had the book so long I can't remember making any of the other rubs but I'm sure I tried one or two others. Did you look at the method he uses to prepare ribs?

Oh?? I didn't realize that heh. Very LC/NK friendly
Old 04-27-2013, 08:17 AM   #2007
Blabbermouth!!!

Weigh-in Apr 27, 2013

Weigh-in this morning... after eating 4861 calories yesterday because after I posted my log I ended up eating more almonds ... 195.0 same as yesterday lol.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #2008
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Weigh in 129-130.
I have a really old, cheap scale. It looked like the line was not quite on 130. Not on 129. I don't want to say I'm back at 130. So I'm saying 129.5!
One thing about mechanical spring scales that is superior to digital scales is the way some digital scales do vanity weighing I guess you'd call it. If you aren't x amount lower (or higher) it shows the same as the last time you weighed in. My scale, a WW, does that. I reset that sucker every morning by weighing one time while I've got my hand on the counter to make it weigh about 30 pounds less.

And, of course, the rest of us will be all to seek when REvolution happens.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:38 AM   #2009
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hooray!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #2010
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Weigh-in this morning... after eating 4861 calories yesterday because after I posted my log I ended up eating more almonds ... 195.0 same as yesterday lol.
don't you love this woe?
Closed Thread