Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 06:50 AM   #1831
Junior LCF Member
 
cpresson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 55
Gallery: cpresson
Stats: 172/135/125
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
Wt:129
I did eat more yesterday
I need to try that tactic
cpresson is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2013, 06:52 AM   #1832
Junior LCF Member
 
cpresson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 55
Gallery: cpresson
Stats: 172/135/125
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: March 2013
135.8 - same as yesterday.

Good 6 mile run this morning--fueled by fat from my BPC egg cream and my 28% body fat
cpresson is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #1833
Senior LCF Member
 
robbelkk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: mid-MO
Posts: 113
Gallery: robbelkk
Stats: 263/168/150
WOE: Atkins, LCHF, NK, BFC
Start Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpresson View Post
135.8 - same as yesterday.

Good 6 mile run this morning--fueled by fat from my BPC egg cream and my 28% body fat
Wow! Nice run!
robbelkk is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 07:56 AM   #1834
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,193
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbelkk View Post
oh man i'm stoked now - after breakfast did some more strength training stuff since had the energy and didn't work arms yesterday, just did legs so did some arm stuff, some more squats and lunges. used the bathroom and of course had to hop back on when changing into my work clothes. WOO back down to 169.4. soooo happy about it! we get to wear jeans to work today, which only happens 2x a year and in the almost 10yrs i have worked there i have never participated cuz never had any jeans - always felt too uncomfortable for my body, didn't feel good in them ever, etc but today my friends I am rocking the size 31 jeans my mom got me for christmas and i was able to rock them on NY Eve but then regained and now I'm finally back into them comfortably! they are so cute, Miss Me jeans with a real blingy butt. I might be 33 but damn I feel like I look fabulous! Thank you NK. I'm officially shaking off the haters in these jeans. can't nobody tell me nothin bout the way I eat, LOL! Can you tell I'm feelin feisty in these jeans LOL. Today is also my friday as I took tomorrow off work and letting my son stay home since he wants to stay up late watching the NFL draft which he is beyond excited about. It's going to be a GREAT day and weekend! I hope the same for everyone here too! WOOO Happy Day y'all!!
Woohoo on the jeans!
Jbinme is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 07:56 AM   #1835
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,193
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinisme View Post
* in walks Debbie Downer*
Wahn wahn wahn
Same ol same ol. Been stuck on 164 for few weeks. Was 163 couple of weeks ago, jumped up a few pounds and have been hovering. I need to exercise, a nice walk seems to get things a moving for me. Thought I'd blown through calories yesterday ended up being little low. Not worried, I broke 2000 day before! (Oops)
Carrying on.
Congrats everyone on your loses!
Jbinme is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 07:57 AM   #1836
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,193
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpresson View Post
I need to try that tactic
Doesn't seem right
Jbinme is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 08:26 AM   #1837
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Weigh-in Apr 25, 2013

Weigh-in this morning ... 195.9 for a huuuge bounce >.< I think my scale and my spreadsheet have formed a conspiracy because these one-off big bounces throw my weekly average all a hooey.
reddarin is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 08:27 AM   #1838
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Happy Birthday Janette!!!
reddarin is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #1839
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbelkk View Post
oh man i'm stoked now - after breakfast did some more strength training stuff since had the energy and didn't work arms yesterday, just did legs so did some arm stuff, some more squats and lunges. used the bathroom and of course had to hop back on when changing into my work clothes. WOO back down to 169.4. soooo happy about it! we get to wear jeans to work today, which only happens 2x a year and in the almost 10yrs i have worked there i have never participated cuz never had any jeans - always felt too uncomfortable for my body, didn't feel good in them ever, etc but today my friends I am rocking the size 31 jeans my mom got me for christmas and i was able to rock them on NY Eve but then regained and now I'm finally back into them comfortably! they are so cute, Miss Me jeans with a real blingy butt. I might be 33 but damn I feel like I look fabulous! Thank you NK. I'm officially shaking off the haters in these jeans. can't nobody tell me nothin bout the way I eat, LOL! Can you tell I'm feelin feisty in these jeans LOL. Today is also my friday as I took tomorrow off work and letting my son stay home since he wants to stay up late watching the NFL draft which he is beyond excited about. It's going to be a GREAT day and weekend! I hope the same for everyone here too! WOOO Happy Day y'all!!
Hooray Robin!!!!

Congrats on rocking the sexy pants heh
reddarin is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #1840
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Weigh in 154.4
I out bounced you Cheryl!

Hooray!! I win!!! Wait...

reddarin is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #1841
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
Wt:129
I did eat more yesterday
Hooray Janette!!!
reddarin is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #1842
Major LCF Poster!
 
raindroproses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 1,053
Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Weigh-in this morning ... 195.9 for a huuuge bounce >.< I think my scale and my spreadsheet have formed a conspiracy because these one-off big bounces throw my weekly average all a hooey.
Awww I bounced this morning too Darin... I think it's all just a big conspiracy. All scales on a global level are rebelling as we speak, and anyone whose home hasn't been hit yet by these renegade scales should be advised to lock their doors and stay inside where it's safe. This is not, I repeat, this is NOT a drill!

...either that or it's just a big reminder that we're only human, and bodies are just something that I do NOT always understand. But I like the conspiracy theory better
raindroproses is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #1843
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinisme View Post
* in walks Debbie Downer*
Wahn wahn wahn
Same ol same ol. Been stuck on 164 for few weeks. Was 163 couple of weeks ago, jumped up a few pounds and have been hovering. I need to exercise, a nice walk seems to get things a moving for me. Thought I'd blown through calories yesterday ended up being little low. Not worried, I broke 2000 day before! (Oops)
Carrying on.
Congrats everyone on your loses!


What have your calories and macro grams been averaging for the last couple of weeks Erin?
reddarin is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #1844
Major LCF Poster!
 
raindroproses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 1,053
Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Well, more good news on the BP front... I'm sure mine will probably spike this evening or into tomorrow morning a bit because today is a day I'm actually SUPPOSED to take my horrid thyroid pill (actually I'm SUPPOSED to take it all the time, but I've been really tapering it down to every other day or longer lately because of how badly it was killing me and because I'm hopefully going to be on something new when I see the new doc next month ). That pill makes my blood pressure skyrocket usually, so we'll see how that goes I guess

But so far so good otherwise! Looks like the supplements are really helping And it looks like the meter really works because outside of a couple really strange readings which were probably my error to begin with (it's WEIRD to get used to positioning the thing!) things have looked REALLY good. In fact, it appears that I'm pretty much in/entering into ideal range again already which is insane

Yesterday Afternoon Average: 132/80 - pulse: 70
Yesterday Night Average: 128/80 - pulse: 63
This Morning Average: 123/77 - pulse: 70

raindroproses is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #1845
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroproses View Post
Awww I bounced this morning too Darin... I think it's all just a big conspiracy. All scales on a global level are rebelling as we speak, and anyone whose home hasn't been hit yet by these renegade scales should be advised to lock their doors and stay inside where it's safe. This is not, I repeat, this is NOT a drill!

...either that or it's just a big reminder that we're only human, and bodies are just something that I do NOT always understand. But I like the conspiracy theory better
I'm going with the first idea. Proof? I think everyone has heard of SkyNet.

/queue Hitchcock shower scene music
reddarin is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #1846
Major LCF Poster!
 
raindroproses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 1,053
Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
I'm going with the first idea. Proof? I think everyone has heard of SkyNet.

/queue Hitchcock shower scene music
Well, it's settled then... I'm placing a BIG Netrition order, and then hunkering down in my apartment until it's safe to come out again
raindroproses is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #1847
Senior LCF Member
 
Lindy in Louisiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northwest Louisiana
Posts: 545
Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
Wt:129
I did eat more yesterday
So go eat some more!!!
Lindy in Louisiana is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #1848
Senior LCF Member
 
Lindy in Louisiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northwest Louisiana
Posts: 545
Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer Louisiana View Post
LOL, you gals crack me up! They'll just think I'm injured and send me to the medic.

No, not zombie flick. (Would LOVE to be in one, though!!!!)

I'm going to be a shopper in the morning, then a doctor the rest of Thursday and Friday.

I hope there's some fake blood and gore!!!!
Beezer, where are you from? I used to work in Minden and they had movies filming downtown all the time..
Lindy in Louisiana is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #1849
Senior LCF Member
 
Lindy in Louisiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northwest Louisiana
Posts: 545
Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Weigh-in this morning ... 195.9 for a huuuge bounce >.< I think my scale and my spreadsheet have formed a conspiracy because these one-off big bounces throw my weekly average all a hooey.
That must be it..
Lindy in Louisiana is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #1850
Senior LCF Member
 
Lindy in Louisiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northwest Louisiana
Posts: 545
Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroproses View Post
Awww I bounced this morning too Darin... I think it's all just a big conspiracy. All scales on a global level are rebelling as we speak, and anyone whose home hasn't been hit yet by these renegade scales should be advised to lock their doors and stay inside where it's safe. This is not, I repeat, this is NOT a drill!

...either that or it's just a big reminder that we're only human, and bodies are just something that I do NOT always understand. But I like the conspiracy theory better
Lindy in Louisiana is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #1851
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 91
Gallery: MRSKUBY
Stats: 179/176/140 5'5"
WOE: NK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
Wt:129
I did eat more yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinisme View Post
* in walks Debbie Downer*
Wahn wahn wahn
Same ol same ol. Been stuck on 164 for few weeks. Was 163 couple of weeks ago, jumped up a few pounds and have been hovering. I need to exercise, a nice walk seems to get things a moving for me. Thought I'd blown through calories yesterday ended up being little low. Not worried, I broke 2000 day before! (Oops)
Carrying on.
Congrats everyone on your loses!


Quote:
Originally Posted by cpresson View Post
135.8 - same as yesterday.

Good 6 mile run this morning--fueled by fat from my BPC egg cream and my 28% body fat
Wow, I am still trying to get one full mile! Great job! Doesn't it feel great to be using body fat as fuel like it should be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Weigh-in this morning ... 195.9 for a huuuge bounce >.< I think my scale and my spreadsheet have formed a conspiracy because these one-off big bounces throw my weekly average all a hooey.
Sorry Darin!

----------------------------------------------------
157.4 today..up 0.2 from yesterday but def due to the big C. I expect it'll be going down soon!

I love coming here and checking in with you guys! You always make me smile and often laugh out loud!

The only zombie thing I am into right now is The Walking Dead...and I am having withdrawals! At first I was sure it was gonna be dumb but then they had a marathon on a weekend when DH was away and I watched it for hours! Good TV!!
MRSKUBY is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #1852
Senior LCF Member
 
Lindy in Louisiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northwest Louisiana
Posts: 545
Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Well, my day could get better...My computer is on the fritz and I'm borrowing SIL's. At least nobody is home. Talk about feeling like an intruder. (in their bedroom). Eeek....
Lindy in Louisiana is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #1853
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: dayton
Posts: 83
Gallery: erinisme
Stats: 180/170/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 12/12/2012
Redder in, I quit logging from about 28th til Monday.
erinisme is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #1854
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,353
Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
I out bounced you Cheryl!

Hooray!! I win!!! Wait...

Clueless is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #1855
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 91
Gallery: MRSKUBY
Stats: 179/176/140 5'5"
WOE: NK
Finally got around to figuring out my ketone tester...I wasted 2 strips because I couldn't get enough blood! Apparently I am not a bleeder!

Anyways, it says 1.4 so that means I am def in ketosis, right?
MRSKUBY is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #1856
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,353
Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Wow Robin, Your so inspiring!
Congrats on those jeans.
Clueless is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #1857
Major LCF Poster!
 
raindroproses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 1,053
Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
I'm seriously surprised by how little protein is in some organ meats... yikes! I have a 6oz serving of chicken hearts in my plans for today, and that 6oz of meat is only going to net me 26g of protein supposedly. That's less than 1g per heart, because I figured 6oz to be about 27 hearts

I'm almost wondering if organ meats are a really good option for folks who love eating meat at every meal, but struggle not to go over on protein like I usually do. The trouble today was that I was going to be massively UNDER, so I had to add an egg cream to lunch... but that's okay! I'll plan better next time
raindroproses is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #1858
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,353
Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroproses View Post
I'm seriously surprised by how little protein is in some organ meats... yikes! I have a 6oz serving of chicken hearts in my plans for today, and that 6oz of meat is only going to net me 26g of protein supposedly. That's less than 1g per heart, because I figured 6oz to be about 27 hearts

I'm almost wondering if organ meats are a really good option for folks who love eating meat at every meal, but struggle not to go over on protein like I usually do. The trouble today was that I was going to be massively UNDER, so I had to add an egg cream to lunch... but that's okay! I'll plan better next time
Wow, I really have to watch my protein. I have never had, gulp, hearts before.
As a podunk somewhut country girl I am ashamed to admit that I don't do much organ meat. Never even cooked chicken livers. Used to fish with them though.
Boy, do I miss fishing. opps my ADD is acting up.
I may have to buy some livers, hearts are on the bucket list, gulp, maybe
Clueless is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #1859
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,353
Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
You guys crack me up.
Robin is stoked and so excited about her jeans. Then erinisme comes in with in walks Debbie downer.
Clueless is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #1860
Major LCF Poster!
 
raindroproses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 1,053
Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Wow, I really have to watch my protein. I have never had, gulp, hearts before.
As a podunk somewhut country girl I am ashamed to admit that I don't do much organ meat. Never even cooked chicken livers. Used to fish with them though.
Boy, do I miss fishing. opps my ADD is acting up.
I may have to buy some livers, hearts are on the bucket list, gulp, maybe
Surprisingly, the hearts are FAR more mild than the livers! They taste like a really really good piece of dark meat basically, and if you put them in a slow cooker for a long time they're falling apart tender like roast beef pretty much They're the best of the best imo, and I'd try those before chicken gizzards since they can actually be chewy if they're not cooked right!

If you have a bit of an issue with the strong taste of liver, I recommend soaking them in buttermilk (I wonder if HWC would work here?) overnight before cooking them. It takes that really strong metallic taste out of it, and really mellows the meat. Also be sure not to overcook it, because liver is VERY easy to overcook and turns bitter when you do as well

My roommate (and my best friend too actually) both were VERY skeptical and scared to try gizzards/hearts, and once they did they DEVOURED them I think it's just getting past the thought of what you're eating, honestly... but I grew up eating them as a kid, so I was never phased

Here's a picture of the hearts when they're cooked, if you've never seen them before:



Pretty harmless Brazilians also traditionally skewer them and BBQ them which I've never tried but I'm sure is delicious!
raindroproses is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:45 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.