Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 06:41 AM   #1741
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: robbelkk
Stats: 263/168/150
WOE: Atkins, LCHF, NK, BFC
Start Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSKUBY View Post
Morning! Weight this morning 157.2 down .4 from lowest (on Sat)!!

I made quiche last night using almond flour for the crust.
Woo! Awesome WI! The quiche sounds yummy!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #1742
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MRSKUBY
Stats: 179/176/140 5'5"
WOE: NK
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamt View Post
My weight is holding steady at 187 despite eating more carbs the last 4 days. I've been skipping breakfast and fasting 18+ hours a day. That plus eating lower calorie has probably kept me from gaining. Who knows, I might even see a loss on the scale this week.

I'll be glad when this job is over and I can get back to a schedule that doesn't have me getting up at 4:30 am.
You can't hate holding steady when you've been eating extra carbs, huh?
Old 04-24-2013, 06:46 AM   #1743
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamt View Post
My weight is holding steady at 187 despite eating more carbs the last 4 days. I've been skipping breakfast and fasting 18+ hours a day. That plus eating lower calorie has probably kept me from gaining. Who knows, I might even see a loss on the scale this week.

I'll be glad when this job is over and I can get back to a schedule that doesn't have me getting up at 4:30 am.
Hang in there Lisa!
Old 04-24-2013, 06:58 AM   #1744
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MRSKUBY
Stats: 179/176/140 5'5"
I keep forgetting to mention that my workouts have been so much better since I've started this WOE.

I don't even have to worry about eating before unless I wake up hungry which I sometimes do. But if I'm not hungry then I just have a little salt and some water before to make sure I am hydrated and stay that way.

During the workouts I have so much more stamina and strength than I did eating low fat. I am seeing lots of progress! Soo happy!
Old 04-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #1745
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: robbelkk
Stats: 263/168/150
WOE: Atkins, LCHF, NK, BFC
Start Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy in Louisiana View Post
Wow, I have spent afternoon on Joseph Arcita. Will much simplify my counting. Love it.. Thanks so much
Yay! Glad it helped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
The explanation of fat metabolism looked really interesting. But he encourages high PUFA consumption, that was puzzling. And his exercise advice is odd too. Is he a paleo person?
I'm not really sure - I couldn't find much about him online but his guide seemed so comprehensive. I read through the comment section and searched the document and didn't find that he is paleo. I think he just wanted to explain keto. I'm not sure about the PUFA but looked at MDA there is a post that says "Let me take this one apart – separate out the good PUFA from the bad from the downright ugly. We’re talking everything from grains to nuts, corn and canola oil to fish oil. When it comes to PUFAs, it truly is a mixed bag." which yeah, i dont use much of that but do eat some seeds like sunflower seeds and sometimes almonds but weigh them and eat sparingly and try to take my fish oils lol...so yeah, I didn't read the entire thing, that's for sure LOL but it did help me down the path of understanding this wonderful WOE, along with this awesome forum
Old 04-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #1746
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Weigh in this morning was 153.8

Oh Darin, I forgot, I am taking allergy medicine.
Ugh! Allergies

What type is it Cheryl?
Old 04-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #1747
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
Guess what......130!
I am happy that the jeans I was wearing yesterday no longer feel tight
I weigh myself every day but that only happens twice, right when I get up and maybe 30 minutes to an hour later (for maximum depletion of extraneous material ).

On the other hand, when I wear my size 33x34 Levi's I feel good about it all friggin day long

I got rid of my really tight lay on the bed to get buttoned size 46 jeans months and months ago. I regret that because sometimes, especially when I have a big bounce, I'd like to put them on and stand in awe of how fat I used to be.

I've got some size 32x34 waiting for me in the closet when I get into the 180s. I can put them on and button them but they are unseemly tight right now lol.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:18 AM   #1748
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinisme View Post
Lovely nights sleep, ( does anyone sleep better than with a cool breeze coming across your face? Sigh) good eating yesterday. Trying a BP coffee with regular ol butter, up half a pound this morning. The only weight I've lost in the last month or so was after I had an off plan day. I have had luck with that before. I guess it shakes thing up. Have been considering IF (skipping dinner) because I constantly eat, think it might scare my body into burning some fat. " OMG! She hasn't eaten in 15 minutes!!! Start emergency plan A!"
Someone finally noticed I've lost almost 20 lbs, last week. I think my fat pants hid it. It's all about me! Why doesn't the world which revolves around me, notice!!! I demand unwarranted attention, and instant gratification.
BTE, BP coffee makes me feel like I can see through time. Anyone else get that?
Nestled under warm covers with a very cold room is the way I sleep best.

Bah! I say! There's nothing 'unwarranted' about it!! I'll tell you what. If I feel I am being neglected in the compliments department I will start the ball rolling with something subtle like 'wow! do you know how much weight I've lost?!?'.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #1749
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbelkk View Post
I'm still up 2 lbs from my b-day celebrating buuuut could def be worse! had 2 large eggs for breakfast, fried in bacon fat. not feeling super hungry this morning which is nice. going to have a fat bomb of some kind before i head out to work - hope all of you have a ROCKIN day!
Long bounces are very annoying! It'll come back off though
Old 04-24-2013, 07:21 AM   #1750
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpresson View Post
135.8 this morning.

Got to have my BPC egg cream this morning after 2 days without it (early morning appointments where I couldn't eat or drink first). Feeling better already
Headed back down hooray!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 07:40 AM   #1751
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSKUBY View Post
Morning! Weight this morning 157.2 down .4 from lowest (on Sat)!!
Hooray!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 07:49 AM   #1752
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Quote:
Nestled under warm covers with a very cold room is the way I sleep best.
Me too! Everyone thinks I'm weird for keeping my room so cold, but that's the way I have to sleep for some reason... if it's too warm, I won't cover up, and if I won't cover up, I won't sleep

Of course lately I can't sleep for crap ANYWAY, so who knows what's up with that? I haven't even FELT as stressed out as I normally do, and I've been trying to make peace with certain things and let them go for right now... and sure enough, the 7th day of waking up for no reason at all at a bad hour Somehow the random 4am wakeup became a random 3am wakeup the past 3 days too, so I feel like I'm really dragging my behind during the day. They should really have a spaced out sleepy face on here
Old 04-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #1753
Major LCF Poster!

Weigh-in this morning, 153 again... so same as yesterday. FINALLY my streak has come to an end I knew it had to some time, so I'm not too bummed out. Especially when I feel like I'm still retaining a little water or something from this sunburn too... but at least that's going away slowly!

Congrats on the great losses this morning everyone! Seems like it's been a largely positive day so far
Old 04-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #1754
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbelkk View Post
I'm not really sure - I couldn't find much about him online but his guide seemed so comprehensive. I read through the comment section and searched the document and didn't find that he is paleo. I think he just wanted to explain keto. I'm not sure about the PUFA but looked at MDA there is a post that says "Let me take this one apart – separate out the good PUFA from the bad from the downright ugly. We’re talking everything from grains to nuts, corn and canola oil to fish oil. When it comes to PUFAs, it truly is a mixed bag." which yeah, i dont use much of that but do eat some seeds like sunflower seeds and sometimes almonds but weigh them and eat sparingly and try to take my fish oils lol...so yeah, I didn't read the entire thing, that's for sure LOL but it did help me down the path of understanding this wonderful WOE, along with this awesome forum
There is a ton of great information there. You can tell he put a lot of work and thought into what he posted. I thought about it for a while and I don't think he is paleo either. He doesn't hinge everything on 'whole foods' and organics, which are practically sacrosanct to paleo followers. I'm not very familiar with Lyle McDonald but I bet that is what shaped the PUFA and exercise information.

His link to the bb forum with the video from IceCreamFitness was very helpful to me. I do arm curls with a dumbbell and, naturally, I was doing it wrong lol. And that guy Jason's (IceCreamFitness) video about skinny fat was very interesting.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #1755
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroproses View Post
Me too! Everyone thinks I'm weird for keeping my room so cold, but that's the way I have to sleep for some reason... if it's too warm, I won't cover up, and if I won't cover up, I won't sleep

Of course lately I can't sleep for crap ANYWAY, so who knows what's up with that? I haven't even FELT as stressed out as I normally do, and I've been trying to make peace with certain things and let them go for right now... and sure enough, the 7th day of waking up for no reason at all at a bad hour Somehow the random 4am wakeup became a random 3am wakeup the past 3 days too, so I feel like I'm really dragging my behind during the day. They should really have a spaced out sleepy face on here
Have you tried making it much colder than usual when you go to bed?
Old 04-24-2013, 08:29 AM   #1756
Blabbermouth!!!

Weigh-in Apr 24, 2013

Weigh-in this morning ... 194.0 for a bounce but definitely trending down the last 3 or 4 weeks steadily.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #1757
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Have you tried making it much colder than usual when you go to bed?
Yeah, I'm not waking because I'm really warm lately... this just popped up when all that stress hit me with my roommate and SO last Thursday pretty much and hasn't cleared up since. I WAS sleeping really well for a change prior to that, which was strange but I thought may have been due to the magnesium I started taking at bedtime since it's supposed to regulate the body's production of melatonin or something from what I understand.

I think if I kept it any colder in here I wouldn't be able to pay my electricity bill... I've had the air conditioner on all winter, hilariously enough

I'm thinking it might be related to an adrenal cortisol spike recently or something, because I do have adrenal issues along with my thyroid. I've struggled with insomnia most of my life, so I'm not TOO surprised I'm having sleeping troubles again right now. What I AM surprised by is that it'd gotten so much better to the point where I was sleeping 7-8 hours most nights without much issue up until last week... now it's me shooting awake at random at the same time every night for seemingly no reason at all.

I'm thinking it has to be an adrenal issue. I'm not sure what else could possibly make me awake like that at the same time every single night... it's starting to really tick me off though, and I'm not sure what else to do about it. I'm about to start upping my magnesium soon I think (found out SO went from ZERO magnesium to 500 and had NO tummy trouble, so I'm thinking my 350mg daily isn't enough ) and I thought the hawthorn might help me sleep since it causes drowsiness/sedation in some... but so far no change there. I FEEL sleepier when I take it, but it doesn't translate to actually staying asleep or anything. And when I get up to drive my roommate to work (unfortunately) I find that I'm so tired that I can hardly stand on my own two feet and struggle not to trip over myself when I walk
Old 04-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #1758
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Weigh-in this morning ... 194.0 for a bounce but definitely trending down the last 3 or 4 weeks steadily.
Downward trends are the best kind!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #1759
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Weigh-in this morning, 153 again... so same as yesterday. FINALLY my streak has come to an end I knew it had to some time, so I'm not too bummed out. Especially when I feel like I'm still retaining a little water or something from this sunburn too... but at least that's going away slowly!
I hesitate to say it because I don't want to jinx things but the losses and even today's same weigh-in is a big win I think with the sleep problems you've been having.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #1760
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I hesitate to say it because I don't want to jinx things but the losses and even today's same weigh-in is a big win I think with the sleep problems you've been having.
Agreed! I've been thinking the same thing really... usually poor sleep = weight gain for me, so I'm really grateful for today's weigh-in even if the scale didn't budge. It didn't budge in the wrong way, and that's really all that matters Plus, I mean... I don't have a TON left to lose, even if I factor in my second goal I haven't put up in my stats yet. I can't really expect to see myself dropping a half pound a day every day all the time. I actually don't know how I'd been managing it for the past 4-5 days anyway, honestly
Old 04-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #1761
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:

Melanie-I know this probably sounds dumb but I had this happen to me last year. I was waking up at 2:00 and sometimes earlier and not able to go back to sleep. It seemed like I tried everything. The only thing that seemed to help and I still do it now is counting. Before my mind can start going I just count and it almost always helps me fall back asleep. If I start thinking about stuff I might as well get up for the day.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #1762
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Melanie,
A long Epsom salts bath helps me sleep. I get so relaxed I can hardly stay awake.

Those that have high blood pressure, I forgot that I have a family member that uses deep breathing to lower his heat rate and blood pressure. You can google it if your interested. There is a Dr that has written a book on it also, but I bet you can find out plenty online.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #1763
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ugh! Allergies

What type is it Cheryl?
Loratadine.
It is generic for claratine. I have had a good year allergy wise. The best I have ever had. I am getting stuffed up but I am not sure it's allergies. Everyone of the DC kids has got a lil cold, or allergies. So not sure. But I usually sneeze myself to death and I am not sneezing this year.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #1764
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
Start Date: January, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Tell that scale to get it together or else it goes back!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #1765
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
Guess what......130!
I am happy that the jeans I was wearing yesterday no longer feel tight
Woohoo!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:10 AM   #1766
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinisme View Post
Lovely nights sleep, ( does anyone sleep better than with a cool breeze coming across your face? Sigh) good eating yesterday. Trying a BP coffee with regular ol butter, up half a pound this morning. The only weight I've lost in the last month or so was after I had an off plan day. I have had luck with that before. I guess it shakes thing up. Have been considering IF (skipping dinner) because I constantly eat, think it might scare my body into burning some fat. " OMG! She hasn't eaten in 15 minutes!!! Start emergency plan A!"
Someone finally noticed I've lost almost 20 lbs, last week. I think my fat pants hid it. It's all about me! Why doesn't the world which revolves around me, notice!!! I demand unwarranted attention, and instant gratification.
BTE, BP coffee makes me feel like I can see through time. Anyone else get that?
It's only logical.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #1767
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you guys for the suggestions! I'll have to give them a try I know I'm the same way with thinking about things... if I let myself think about the day's events or what I need to do the following morning, I'm staying awake whether I'm dead tired or not. It's terrible! Unfortunately my mind is a wanderer and sometimes it's VERY hard to calm it down at all or to focus on anything I probably need to try and pick up meditation again to see if I can clear some of that clutter out, LOL.

I'm the same way with the warm baths though... usually they make me really sleepy, but then I run into that "I'm too warm, I can't sleep" problem and by the time I cool off I'm awake again I usually do use them for sore muscles or stress relief though. I should try another one soon
Old 04-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #1768
Major LCF Poster!

Okay, for anyone curious about how hawthorn works for BP (Darin especially)... I don't know if it's the hawthorn working that well already (I DID feel better physically after taking it even the first time) or if it's the cod liver oil I added in too or the diatomaceous earth or what. But after only 3-4 days of new supplements my BP reading just now was 137/82. Which is still on the high side of course, but it's WAY better than my 140-something over almost 110

Granted I'm under less stress now too (well, at least ACTIVE stress anyway) but coupled with my sleeping troubles and all that... I'd say that's a pretty decent reading after only 3-4 days worth of difference

I'll keep you all updated though! And I'll look into the deep breathing as well, thank you Cheryl I have an app on my iPhone that's actually deep breathing exercises but I stopped using it ages ago... meditation would probably work similarly here as well!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #1769
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thank you guys for the suggestions! I'll have to give them a try I know I'm the same way with thinking about things... if I let myself think about the day's events or what I need to do the following morning, I'm staying awake whether I'm dead tired or not. It's terrible! Unfortunately my mind is a wanderer and sometimes it's VERY hard to calm it down at all or to focus on anything I probably need to try and pick up meditation again to see if I can clear some of that clutter out, LOL.

I'm the same way with the warm baths though... usually they make me really sleepy, but then I run into that "I'm too warm, I can't sleep" problem and by the time I cool off I'm awake again I usually do use them for sore muscles or stress relief though. I should try another one soon
Your body absorbs all that magnesium from the Epsom salts and relaxes you.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #1770
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Okay, for anyone curious about how hawthorn works for BP (Darin especially)... I don't know if it's the hawthorn working that well already (I DID feel better physically after taking it even the first time) or if it's the cod liver oil I added in too or the diatomaceous earth or what. But after only 3-4 days of new supplements my BP reading just now was 137/82. Which is still on the high side of course, but it's WAY better than my 140-something over almost 110

Granted I'm under less stress now too (well, at least ACTIVE stress anyway) but coupled with my sleeping troubles and all that... I'd say that's a pretty decent reading after only 3-4 days worth of difference

I'll keep you all updated though! And I'll look into the deep breathing as well, thank you Cheryl I have an app on my iPhone that's actually deep breathing exercises but I stopped using it ages ago... meditation would probably work similarly here as well!
Wow that is good! I might try to get some this Friday
Closed Thread