Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #1441
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,353
Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroproses View Post
So I was pretty bummed out when I was JUST talking about grilling season last night, and woke up to snow outside on the ground

BUT! I had a HUGE 1.5 pound whoosh overnight somehow, and this morning was at 154.5! No idea how that happened, but I'll take it! I NEVER get whooshes... that's only my second since I started losing, so yay
Clueless is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #1442
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,713
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
I know, I remember had to buy a bottle or the liquid magnesium citrate for my ex husband when he had hemorrhoid and fissure surgery. I couldn't believe the Dr was doing that surgery. I told the Dr. "You mean to tell me I have been married to an A*#@*$# for 17 years and now your gonna tell me you have a surgery to correct it."
The Dr. didn't know whether to laugh or run.
Jbinme is online now  
Old 04-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #1443
Senior LCF Member
 
Lindy in Louisiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northwest Louisiana
Posts: 545
Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
I know, I remember had to buy a bottle or the liquid magnesium citrate for my ex husband when he had hemorrhoid and fissure surgery. I couldn't believe the Dr was doing that surgery. I told the Dr. "You mean to tell me I have been married to an A*#@*$# for 17 years and now your gonna tell me you have a surgery to correct it."
The Dr. didn't know whether to laugh or run.
I just love ya!!!!!
Lindy in Louisiana is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 09:26 AM   #1444
Senior LCF Member
 
Lindy in Louisiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northwest Louisiana
Posts: 545
Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
Wt-131
Don't worry. You know that it will come down. You're at the best place of your life and it will get better. Go for it.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #1445
Major LCF Poster!
 
Knittering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,709
Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
I just ordered that grilling book -- thanks for the recommendation, Darin! I plan to grill all summer and that will make tracking my macros easier than the casseroles, stews, and such that we've been eating this winter.

I'm down two more pounds. I have no idea how, since I've been eating 1800+ calories a day!

Congrats about moving into "normal" Raindrops! I remember how thrilled I was when I moved from "obese" into "overweight."

Last edited by Knittering; 04-20-2013 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: Because winter is not summer. Especially in MN.
Knittering is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #1446
Senior LCF Member
 
Lindy in Louisiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northwest Louisiana
Posts: 545
Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
After I gained 2 lbs after my day out, I love, love, love that I have LOST it. Weight is a funny thing. I must be doing something right.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #1447
Junior LCF Member
 
cpresson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 55
Gallery: cpresson
Stats: 172/135/125
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: March 2013
134 this morning - another .5 lb bounce

But I was able to complete my 12-mile run this morning, so maybe by tomorrow, I'll be back down again
cpresson is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #1448
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,353
Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy in Louisiana View Post
After I gained 2 lbs after my day out, I love, love, love that I have LOST it. Weight is a funny thing. I must be doing something right.
Hooray!
Clueless is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #1449
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,353
Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittering View Post
I just ordered that grilling book -- thanks for the recommendation, Darin! I plan to grill all summer and that will make tracking my macros easier than the casseroles, stews, and such that we've been eating this winter.

I'm down two more pounds. I have no idea how, since I've been eating 1800+ calories a day!

Congrats about moving into "normal" Raindrops! I remember how thrilled I was when I moved from "obese" into "overweight."
2 more lbs is great!
Clueless is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #1450
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,713
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpresson View Post
134 this morning - another .5 lb bounce

But I was able to complete my 12-mile run this morning, so maybe by tomorrow, I'll be back down again
Great job on your run!
Jbinme is online now  
Old 04-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #1451
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,713
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittering View Post
I just ordered that grilling book -- thanks for the recommendation, Darin! I plan to grill all summer and that will make tracking my macros easier than the casseroles, stews, and such that we've been eating this winter.

I'm down two more pounds. I have no idea how, since I've been eating 1800+ calories a day!

Congrats about moving into "normal" Raindrops! I remember how thrilled I was when I moved from "obese" into "overweight."
You are doing great!
Jbinme is online now  
Old 04-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #1452
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,713
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy in Louisiana View Post
After I gained 2 lbs after my day out, I love, love, love that I have LOST it. Weight is a funny thing. I must be doing something right.
Don't you love it!
Jbinme is online now  
Old 04-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #1453
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSKUBY View Post
I am so gald I found you guys! I was down another 0.6 this morning! That makes 1.6 in 3 days! WOW! I haven't gotten my numbers quite right yet Still low on calories, high on protein and low on fat...but I am obviously doing something right!
Hooray!!!
reddarin is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #1454
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy in Louisiana View Post
After I gained 2 lbs after my day out, I love, love, love that I have LOST it. Weight is a funny thing. I must be doing something right.
Hooray!!!
reddarin is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #1455
Major LCF Poster!
 
raindroproses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 1,053
Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Thanks everyone! I sure needed some good news lately, so I was happy to see that this morning

NOT so happy to have went to Walgreens a few minutes ago though. I'm hoping it's just that their meters are a bit off, and because I've been so stressed out the past couple days being treated like garbage by my roommate... because I decided to go in for one of those free BP readings by the pharmacist over there thinking after dropping about 30 pounds and being healthier lately my BP that was high before would have gone down.

Nope. According to them it went back up. To 140-something over 100-something

I really don't know what to do with that. I'm doing all I can over here to lose weight and I'm almost done with that... maybe walking more regularly this spring/summer will help a bit and I know a lot of it probably has to do with my thyroid along with my stress levels (I'm hypothyroid and I know that can cause high BP in many) but geez. I don't want to be on BP meds for it, so maybe if getting my thyroid regulated (hopefully) pretty soon doesn't help I'll try something natural.

Frustrating when your weight loss doesn't always equal increased health!
raindroproses is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #1456
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,713
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
I'm struggling today. I just want to eat. It started off in the night, either I was dreaming I was hungry or I really was. It can be anything but I just feel like eating! I'm not 'hungry' since I have had stuff to eat. More in my mind I guess. Why is this happening now? Anyone else ever have this happen? Do you let yourself have more calories? Ugh!
Thanks for letting me vent
Jbinme is online now  
Old 04-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #1457
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Weigh-in Apr 20, 2013

Oops. Forgot to post my morning weigh-in... 194.3 new low
reddarin is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #1458
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,713
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Oops. Forgot to post my morning weigh-in... 194.3 new low
What? How could you forget? That's awesome!!
Jbinme is online now  
Old 04-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #1459
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroproses View Post
Thanks everyone! I sure needed some good news lately, so I was happy to see that this morning

NOT so happy to have went to Walgreens a few minutes ago though. I'm hoping it's just that their meters are a bit off, and because I've been so stressed out the past couple days being treated like garbage by my roommate... because I decided to go in for one of those free BP readings by the pharmacist over there thinking after dropping about 30 pounds and being healthier lately my BP that was high before would have gone down.

Nope. According to them it went back up. To 140-something over 100-something

I really don't know what to do with that. I'm doing all I can over here to lose weight and I'm almost done with that... maybe walking more regularly this spring/summer will help a bit and I know a lot of it probably has to do with my thyroid along with my stress levels (I'm hypothyroid and I know that can cause high BP in many) but geez. I don't want to be on BP meds for it, so maybe if getting my thyroid regulated (hopefully) pretty soon doesn't help I'll try something natural.

Frustrating when your weight loss doesn't always equal increased health!
My BP is out of whack too. It was sky high when I was at my previous all time low of 186. It has come back down from drop dead levels but remains high. Pretty friggin annoying.
reddarin is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #1460
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
lol I got busy with other posts and then lunch and then I was like !?! dang
reddarin is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #1461
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
I'm struggling today. I just want to eat. It started off in the night, either I was dreaming I was hungry or I really was. It can be anything but I just feel like eating! I'm not 'hungry' since I have had stuff to eat. More in my mind I guess. Why is this happening now? Anyone else ever have this happen? Do you let yourself have more calories? Ugh!
Thanks for letting me vent
It may be related to the bump on the scale you had this morning Janette. Like something else is going on with your body. Maybe it is silently fighting a cold infection or something? Have you been around anyone that was sick that you know of in the last couple of days?

It might be best to eat a little more on plan food. Fat and protein rather than just fat and not worry about calories or being high on protein for the day.

I get hungry like that sometimes. Some days I just ignore it and other days I just eat a lot.
reddarin is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #1462
Major LCF Poster!
 
raindroproses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 1,053
Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Oops. Forgot to post my morning weigh-in... 194.3 new low
Hurray!! Lots of great weigh-ins today... congrats reddarin!
raindroproses is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #1463
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,713
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Funny you ask. My 4yo told me she has a weird feeling in her throat. Mine has felt a little weird too. Maybe I am fighting something. Thanks for the suggestion
Jbinme is online now  
Old 04-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #1464
Major LCF Poster!
 
raindroproses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 1,053
Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
My BP is out of whack too. It was sky high when I was at my previous all time low of 186. It has come back down from drop dead levels but remains high. Pretty friggin annoying.
LOL I think mine are about considered drop dead levels right now... the pharmacist gave me a look like, "Are you FEELING okay?" when he saw how high the number was

It is quite annoying though, geez. I know weight doesn't necessarily tie to blood pressure readings, but being overweight before I thought maybe my levels would have gone down a tiny bit. I'm hoping it's just stress and my thyroid mostly, because I'd hate to think it's something in my diet I'm doing. I'm already at or below 1500mg sodium almost all the time, so I know no one could complain to my that I need to try a low sodium diet

I feel your pain reddarin! Hopefully we'll both figure something out soon... I don't want to be on meds for it
raindroproses is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #1465
Junior LCF Member
 
cpresson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 55
Gallery: cpresson
Stats: 172/135/125
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroproses View Post
Thanks everyone! I sure needed some good news lately, so I was happy to see that this morning

NOT so happy to have went to Walgreens a few minutes ago though. I'm hoping it's just that their meters are a bit off, and because I've been so stressed out the past couple days being treated like garbage by my roommate... because I decided to go in for one of those free BP readings by the pharmacist over there thinking after dropping about 30 pounds and being healthier lately my BP that was high before would have gone down.

Nope. According to them it went back up. To 140-something over 100-something

I really don't know what to do with that. I'm doing all I can over here to lose weight and I'm almost done with that... maybe walking more regularly this spring/summer will help a bit and I know a lot of it probably has to do with my thyroid along with my stress levels (I'm hypothyroid and I know that can cause high BP in many) but geez. I don't want to be on BP meds for it, so maybe if getting my thyroid regulated (hopefully) pretty soon doesn't help I'll try something natural.

Frustrating when your weight loss doesn't always equal increased health!
Mine keeps hanging at borderline high too. I'm hoping to see it come down the longer I'm in this WOE, but it hasn't yet for me either, despite almost 40 lbs of weight loss in the last 1.5 years. I only get it checked at the doc's office, so maybe I can blame it on him making me nervous
cpresson is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #1466
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
SouthernGirl, who has gone missing from our thread , remarked back when I posted about it several months ago, that high BP is a symptom of something else. Just something to keep in mind as you keep an eye on it.
reddarin is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #1467
Major LCF Poster!
 
raindroproses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 1,053
Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
SouthernGirl, who has gone missing from our thread , remarked back when I posted about it several months ago, that high BP is a symptom of something else. Just something to keep in mind as you keep an eye on it.
Yeah, that's a good point... I know I have hypothyroidism that's unmanaged right now, and PCOS... both of which can cause high blood pressure. It also runs in my family, but my parents are/were unhealthy as it is. I was hoping my lifestyle would help me out a little, but I'm hoping when I get on the right meds for my thyroid I'll see it come down a little bit.
raindroproses is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #1468
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,353
Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Oops. Forgot to post my morning weigh-in... 194.3 new low

I started to ask you about it
Clueless is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #1469
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpresson View Post
134 this morning - another .5 lb bounce

But I was able to complete my 12-mile run this morning, so maybe by tomorrow, I'll be back down again
Did you weigh after your run or before your run or both? Assuming you weren't swilling liquids during the run I'd be really curious do see the difference before and after.

You were much better on this run concerning keto-adaptation? That is excellent!
reddarin is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #1470
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittering View Post
I just ordered that grilling book -- thanks for the recommendation, Darin! I plan to grill all summer and that will make tracking my macros easier than the casseroles, stews, and such that we've been eating this winter.

I'm down two more pounds. I have no idea how, since I've been eating 1800+ calories a day!

Congrats about moving into "normal" Raindrops! I remember how thrilled I was when I moved from "obese" into "overweight."
Did you?? Let me know what you think please. I love that dang book

Hooray on the loss!!!
reddarin is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:23 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.