Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #1411
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Got to be the Spicy or Hot. I'll probably get both just to be sure when I do get them. But it'll be a while I reckon.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #1412
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Lisa, how do you make the chocolate cream cheese pudding?
It's super easy!

8 oz cream cheese, softened
4 oz heavy cream
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2-3 tbsp Davinci sugar free vanilla syrup (or any flavor that goes with chocolate)
10 drops liquid stevia or sucralose

Blend ingredients in a bowl with an electric hand mixer. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour.

I bet this would be good on a fat fast.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #1413
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
Start Date: January, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroproses View Post
Hi Lindy I drink them 3 times per day when it's not my TOM and when it is, I increase to 4 times a day to offset the extra water weight. I really do think they're helping me though! I'm REALLY prone to retaining water (seriously, I can't even get to 2000mg of sodium without retaining a bunch) so I've found that it's really helped me keep that off... I think the extra potassium has been helping me too, because Braggs ACV has some potassium in it as well.

As far as what I've noticed so far... next to no water retention anymore. I do believe it's been helping me keep my inflammation down as well, because I used to experience some joint pain in the past and I attribute at least some of my relief to the ACV tonics. This past TOM I only gained 1 pound of water weight, compared to the 4 pounds I gained the month prior before I started drinking them. I also don't know if it's the potassium or magnesium supplements I take, or the ACV that's helping... but I used to get cramps REALLY bad all the time too, and this month not one episode of cramping

Some people say it gives them an energy boost too, but I've got so much going on with my thyroid and things right now that I really can't say for certain if I do or not. It's a GREAT appetite suppressant for me though! After a tall glass of water with 1T of ACV in it, I'm good to go for a while and feeling full even if I haven't eaten in a while. And when I add the lemon stevia drops to it, it tastes like a tangy lemonade
Thanks
Old 04-20-2013, 03:50 AM   #1414
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Wt-131
Old 04-20-2013, 04:15 AM   #1415
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Well, I love Quest Bars, but they don't love me. 3.4 pound bounce up this morning. Might as well have just eaten a Snickers.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:34 AM   #1416
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
lol /bonk

I used to watch Diners Drive-ins and Dives. I really liked the show. It was funny sometimes because the guy/gal in the kitchen obviously didn't like Guy heh.
Ha! His restaurant in NYC has been absolutely ripped to shreds by food critics and the like. I absolutely cannot stand him, he is SOOOO obnoxious.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:52 AM   #1417
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well, I love Quest Bars, but they don't love me. 3.4 pound bounce up this morning. Might as well have just eaten a Snickers.
that stinks! I remember you mentioned they would be convenient for school.
The weight will come back down.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:09 AM   #1418
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
Wt-131

I know, annoying. You'll see 128 soon
Old 04-20-2013, 05:10 AM   #1419
Major LCF Poster!

Weigh in 153.6
Old 04-20-2013, 05:17 AM   #1420
Major LCF Poster!

Could you guys weigh in on Magnesium. I bought the Magnesium Citrate because I read it was much better absorbed. I was taking the calcium and magnesium oxide before.
I kept thinking I would get accustomed to the citrate form. I haven't yet. I can only take 450 mg a day and even that gives me a tummy ache sometimes. When I try to take more I regret it.

I think I felt better taking more of the Mag oxide.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:32 AM   #1421
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Could you guys weigh in on Magnesium. I bought the Magnesium Citrate because I read it was much better absorbed. I was taking the calcium and magnesium oxide before.
I kept thinking I would get accustomed to the citrate form. I haven't yet. I can only take 450 mg a day and even that gives me a tummy ache sometimes. When I try to take more I regret it.

It looks like the one I take is oxide. I'll be watching responses.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:10 AM   #1422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
I take magnesium oxide too, and have had no problems absorbing it... at least it seems so, because I do feel better now than before I started taking it Never tried the citrate. I thought that one was the laxative?
Old 04-20-2013, 06:18 AM   #1423
Major LCF Poster!

So I was pretty bummed out when I was JUST talking about grilling season last night, and woke up to snow outside on the ground

BUT! I had a HUGE 1.5 pound whoosh overnight somehow, and this morning was at 154.5! No idea how that happened, but I'll take it! I NEVER get whooshes... that's only my second since I started losing, so yay
Old 04-20-2013, 06:25 AM   #1424
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
that stinks! I remember you mentioned they would be convenient for school.
The weight will come back down.
Yeah, its so weird, I was 136.4 when I woke up, but after drinking coffee, and couple cups of water, and running a couple miles, I was 133 again. I think I'd be up a couple pounds with all the liquids.

I'll save the bars for meal replacements at school I guess.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:31 AM   #1425
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yeah, its so weird, I was 136.4 when I woke up, but after drinking coffee, and couple cups of water, and running a couple miles, I was 133 again. I think I'd be up a couple pounds with all the liquids.

I'm thinking a combination of the caffeine and the running actually probably dehydrated you somewhat, despite you drinking liquids... it could have put off some of the water weight from the bars I know some people stall out from drinking alcohol (which has a similar effect to caffeine pretty much) and some always swear they weigh less after drinking it. The general consensus is because it's dehydrating, so you lost a bit of water.

That's definitely all the bars would have done though, made you pack on water weight It'll be alright! I have a few laying around my from pre-LC days actually and I've been afraid to eat them myself... I'm really carb sensitive so I'd probably puff up like a balloon
Old 04-20-2013, 06:32 AM   #1426
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So I was pretty bummed out when I was JUST talking about grilling season last night, and woke up to snow outside on the ground

BUT! I had a HUGE 1.5 pound whoosh overnight somehow, and this morning was at 154.5! No idea how that happened, but I'll take it! I NEVER get whooshes... that's only my second since I started losing, so yay
Old 04-20-2013, 06:41 AM   #1427
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

It came down fast!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #1428
Major LCF Poster!

Oh man, time for a mini freakout/celebration too! I just realized that my whoosh of weight FINALLY put me at the very upper level of "NORMAL" on those stupid BMI charts!

I know they're pretty much ignorant anyway because they don't take a lot of things into account and just assume you're your entire weight in body fat essentially... but even still, that thing was haunting me my whole adult life practically! I feel great that I finally conquered it

I already celebrated on the main board, but I wanted to post here anyway since this is my real home! I couldn't have done it without you guys Now it's on to meeting my first WL goal (almost there!) and then onto the second one where I'll hopefully maintain for life!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:35 AM   #1429
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh man, time for a mini freakout/celebration too! I just realized that my whoosh of weight FINALLY put me at the very upper level of "NORMAL" on those stupid BMI charts!

I know they're pretty much ignorant anyway because they don't take a lot of things into account and just assume you're your entire weight in body fat essentially... but even still, that thing was haunting me my whole adult life practically! I feel great that I finally conquered it

I already celebrated on the main board, but I wanted to post here anyway since this is my real home! I couldn't have done it without you guys Now it's on to meeting my first WL goal (almost there!) and then onto the second one where I'll hopefully maintain for life!
Congrats!!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:05 AM   #1430
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Wt-131
Quote:
Weigh in 153.6
Hang in there
Old 04-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #1431
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Quote:

Hooray!!!!

And Hooray on the NSV!!!

That is awesome!!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #1432
Blabbermouth!!!

I take the oxide version too because it is really inexpensive and it seems to work well for me. I take 800mg of it a day spread out through the day (6 pills).

But I'd say if one form of it doesn't work well then try a different form if you want to use the higher absorption type.

I took magnesium L-threonate for a month (Jarrow brand MagMind) a while back. I don't think I ever did get adjusted to it but it didn't give me any stomach pain.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #1433
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Did you eat a lot of them or something?

I get those 2 to 3 pound bounces mysteriously and I keep to a strict NK eating plan.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #1434
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you guys!! I'm super excited I really needed some good news after all the bad news I'd gotten lately, and that definitely fit the bill
Old 04-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #1435
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Yeah magnesium citrate is what those drinks are made out of that they give you before a colonoscopy to clear your system out... I've heard citrate is a laxative pretty much. My SO took some not that long ago, and consumed a bottle's worth of the citrate drink and regretted it too. For days
Old 04-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #1436
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MRSKUBY
Stats: 179/176/140 5'5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamt View Post
It's super easy!

8 oz cream cheese, softened
4 oz heavy cream
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2-3 tbsp Davinci sugar free vanilla syrup (or any flavor that goes with chocolate)
10 drops liquid stevia or sucralose

Blend ingredients in a bowl with an electric hand mixer. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour.

I bet this would be good on a fat fast.
Mmm...I happen to have all those ingredients on hand!

Quote:
Wt-131

Quote:
I love Quest bars but I haven't eaten them cause of the protein...sorry the affected you that way.

Quote:

Yay WHOOSH!!

I am so gald I found you guys! I was down another 0.6 this morning! That makes 1.6 in 3 days! WOW! I haven't gotten my numbers quite right yet Still low on calories, high on protein and low on fat...but I am obviously doing something right!

I got my blood tester so now I gotta go read the directions and test for ketones..it'll be interesting to see proof of ketosis...
Old 04-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #1437
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yeah magnesium citrate is what those drinks are made out of that they give you before a colonoscopy to clear your system out... I've heard citrate is a laxative pretty much. My SO took some not that long ago, and consumed a bottle's worth of the citrate drink and regretted it too. For days
I know, I remember had to buy a bottle or the liquid magnesium citrate for my ex husband when he had hemorrhoid and fissure surgery. I couldn't believe the Dr was doing that surgery. I told the Dr. "You mean to tell me I have been married to an A*#@*$# for 17 years and now your gonna tell me you have a surgery to correct it."
The Dr. didn't know whether to laugh or run.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #1438
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
Start Date: January, 2013
Quote:

That's a relief!!!!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #1439
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSKUBY View Post
I am so gald I found you guys! I was down another 0.6 this morning! That makes 1.6 in 3 days! WOW! I haven't gotten my numbers quite right yet Still low on calories, high on protein and low on fat...but I am obviously doing something right!

I got my blood tester so now I gotta go read the directions and test for ketones..it'll be interesting to see proof of ketosis...
Your on a roll!!
Glad you got your tester!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #1440
Major LCF Poster!

MRSKUBY-congrats on the loss!
Closed Thread