Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #331
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Yep. NCIS is an awesome show. It is the only show on TV that I watch if it is on

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #332
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow, the chicken pizza looks really good Cheryl! How'd it taste?
Old 04-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Beezer Louisiana
Stats: 192.2/160/160 (5'6")
WOE: Very low carb, no frankenfoods. NK
Start Date: June 21, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Have you met Leroy Jethro Gibbs?
LOL, no, but I did stand in 3 feet in front of Morgan Freeman in a scene in NOW YOU SEE ME (coming to theatres this June 2013.) I'm a movie extra, and being in a movie with Morgan Freeman makes me 2 degrees from Kevin Bacon!!! LOL ((I'm practically famous, right? )

I was a reporter in OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN, but I was out of focus!!! Ark!! I'm on the right side of the screen for about 4 seconds while a male reporter talks about the horrible take-over at the white house. I'm the fuzzy white lady with a brown bob, wearing a grey jacket. It's a close, waist up shot -- but they made me out of focus. (And when I think of all the trouble I went to with my makeup! LOL) We did a bunch of different scenes for two days until 3 a.m. and then 4 a.m., running around with miliary guys, reporting, looking alarmed, and that's the only one that made it into the movie: an out of focus ME. Blah. To top it off, Gerard Butler wasn't on set the two days I was there.

I better be in focus with Morgan Freeman! LOL They blew fake money on us all night on the roof-top of a parking garage, until 5 a.m. for that shoot.

"The hardest part about a zombie apocalypse will be pretending that I'm not excited."

Last edited by Beezer Louisiana; 04-05-2013 at 05:12 PM..
Old 04-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Wow, the chicken pizza looks really good Cheryl! How'd it taste?
It is awesome
Old 04-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
Start Date: January, 2013
WOW!!! Darin and Cheryl. New NK menu thread looks fantastic.. Good going.

My day went well. Especially after the weight loss.

Menu:
B coffee w/hwc, co
L baconx4, 1/2 c sautéed spinach w/ butter
D 7 oz pork chop w/1/2 green pepper, onion
S 2 oz cream cheese w/sweetener 1 T hwc
Dr Pepper float w/2 T hwc

Totals: 1698
152 f.
18 c.
70.4 p.

Yes, a good day. Thanks everybody for your support. I'm very excited about this whole experience.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #336
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Here's how today went.

Cal:1702
Pro:63g. 15%
Carb:17g. 4%
Fat:155g. 81%

Coffee HWCx2
Plain hamburger
Fat bomb
Bacon and 1/2 avocado
Shrimp cooked in butter
Icecream-HWC, almond milk, raspberry davinci
Old 04-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #337
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer Louisiana View Post
LOL, no, but I did stand 5 feet away from Morgan Freeman in a scene in NOW YOU SEE ME (coming to theatres this June 2013.) I'm a movie extra, and being in a movie with Morgan Freeman makes me 2 degrees from Kevin Bacon!!! LOL ((I'm practically famous, right? )

I was a reporter in OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN, but I was out of focus!!! Ark!! I'm on the right side of the screen for about 4 seconds while a male reporter talks about the horrible take-over at the white house. I'm the fuzzy white lady with a brown bob, wearing a grey jacket. It's a close, waist up shot -- but they made me out of focus. We did a bunch of different scenes for two days, running around with miliary guys, reporting, and that's the only one that made it into the movie: an out of focus ME. Blah. To top it off, Gerard Butler wasn't on set the two days I was there.

I better be in focus with Morgan Freeman! LOL
That is very cool!! We need to work out a secret NK hand signal so you can signal us heh

Did you get The Very Good Man? A bit more reading after I told you about it I discovered it is fantasy PA/ZA. But done well enough that it didn't bother me. I don't want to say more than that in case you read it.

Lessee. I was reading the Zombie Fallout series by Tufo and abandoned it when he went from silly but interesting to a 'what the heck is he thinking' vector.

Worse, the very excellent This Shattered Land and No Easy Hope, by Cook, took an inexplicable supernatural turn at the very end of the second book. What a shame.

I like fantasy fiction just fine but when a hard fiction story veers suddenly into fantasy it kills the story a bit for me.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #338
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
That is very cool!! We need to work out a secret NK hand signal so you can signal us heh

Did you get The Very Good Man? A bit more reading after I told you about it I discovered it is fantasy PA/ZA. But done well enough that it didn't bother me. I don't want to say more than that in case you read it.

Lessee. I was reading the Zombie Fallout series by Tufo and abandoned it when he went from silly but interesting to a 'what the heck is he thinking' vector.

Worse, the very excellent This Shattered Land and No Easy Hope, by Cook, took an inexplicable supernatural turn at the very end of the second book. What a shame.

I like fantasy fiction just fine but when a hard fiction story veers suddenly into fantasy it kills the story a bit for me.
*LOL --- I have a friend who tries to scratch his butt (inconspicuously) on wide shots so he can show his mom, "That's me, scratching my butt!" It's the funniest thing!

Haven't read them yet -- but they all sound like I'd like them.

I read a lot of Koontz.

Last edited by Beezer Louisiana; 04-05-2013 at 05:14 PM..
Old 04-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
I had more of an appetite today, not sure if it's because I ate lower calorie yesterday or because I forgot to take my pterostilbene.

Ended the day with 1580 calories, 118 g fat, 101 g protein, 28 g carbs, 3 g fiber
Breakfast - coffee with coconut oil and hwc, scrambled eggs and bacon
Lunch - full fat greek yogurt with vanilla liquid stevia, half of an apple (68 grams worth!)
Dinner - bunless cheeseburger, dill pickle
Snack - low carb mocha (coffee blended with hwc, coconut oil, cocoa powder, and EZ sweetz).
Old 04-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
LOL, no, but I did stand in 3 feet in front of Morgan Freeman in a scene in NOW YOU SEE ME (coming to theatres this June 2013.) I'm a movie extra, and being in a movie with Morgan Freeman makes me 2 degrees from Kevin Bacon!!! LOL ((I'm practically famous, right? )

I was a reporter in OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN, but I was out of focus!!! Ark!! I'm on the right side of the screen for about 4 seconds while a male reporter talks about the horrible take-over at the white house. I'm the fuzzy white lady with a brown bob, wearing a grey jacket. It's a close, waist up shot -- but they made me out of focus. (And when I think of all the trouble I went to with my makeup! LOL) We did a bunch of different scenes for two days until 3 a.m. and then 4 a.m., running around with miliary guys, reporting, looking alarmed, and that's the only one that made it into the movie: an out of focus ME. Blah. To top it off, Gerard Butler wasn't on set the two days I was there.

I better be in focus with Morgan Freeman! LOL They blew fake money on us all night on the roof-top of a parking garage, until 5 a.m. for that shoot.
We have a celebrity in our midst!
Morgan Freeman
Did he speak to you??? OMG
Hummm, Bacon, yum
Old 04-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Perfectdeb
Quote:

Quote:
*LOL --- I have a friend who tries to scratch his butt (inconspicuously) on wide shots so he can show his mom, "That's me, scratching my butt!" It's the funniest thing!

I read a lot of Koontz.
Um, is it ok to give my kid a plug here? He's only just turned 17 and written his first novel with the second in editing - it's called Terminales Mortalita, The Chronicles of Zeria, action fantasy sort of in the style of Mathew Reilly, it available on kindle through amazon

It's pretty good and not at all what you'd expect from the average 17yo, he's like 17 going on 47
Old 04-05-2013, 05:25 PM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

Donna,
That looks like a great movie. So glad you told us your in it. I am so gonna see it. How cool is that!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectdeb View Post
Um, is it ok to give my kid a plug here? He's only just turned 17 and written his first novel with the second in editing - it's called Terminales Mortalita, The Chronicles of Zeria, action fantasy sort of in the style of Mathew Reilly, it available on kindle through amazon

It's pretty good and not at all what you'd expect from the average 17yo, he's like 17 going on 47
Wow, very cool!! I'm an aspiring author myself (though with all the medical issues I've had going on lately I haven't been able to find my focus enough to work on anything ) but that's so cool he's already gotten started that young! You must be really proud... I know I would be!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #344
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectdeb View Post

It is fine by me. I'll have to put it on my (long) list of books to get.

It is getting good reviews too.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #345
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamt View Post
I had more of an appetite today, not sure if it's because I ate lower calorie yesterday or because I forgot to take my pterostilbene.

Ended the day with 1580 calories, 118 g fat, 101 g protein, 28 g carbs, 3 g fiber
Breakfast - coffee with coconut oil and hwc, scrambled eggs and bacon
Lunch - full fat greek yogurt with vanilla liquid stevia, half of an apple (68 grams worth!)
Dinner - bunless cheeseburger, dill pickle
Snack - low carb mocha (coffee blended with hwc, coconut oil, cocoa powder, and EZ sweetz).
Pterostilbene is an appetite suppressant?
Old 04-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It is fine by me. I'll have to put it on my (long) list of books to get.

It is getting good reviews too.
Ditto here! I just checked it out and put it on my wishlist

And can I just say that I loved the fact that someone who reviewed it nicely contrasted his writing to that of Laurell K. Hamilton's? I'm a fan already if he doesn't follow suit with her style!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Yep, I'm incredibly proud, he's so focused. He's really bright and had major bullying issues at school because of it, so I pulled out and home schooled him from 14yo. Now he's doing computer programming at university and writing and he's happy
Old 04-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #348
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

I read a lot of Koontz.
I'm gonna keep an eye out for that lol.

I really like Koontz. He is so similar to King in his ability to tell a tale but so different in how his stories read. I really enjoyed the first two Odd books. The third one I couldn't get into but I'll try again sometime in the future.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Morgan Freeman
Did he speak to you??? OMG
They told us, "We're about to bring an actor onto set that you are not to take pictures of, talk to, or ask for an autograph." First his double came out (looks EXACTLY like him!) then at the last minute before cameras roll, the real Morgan Freeman comes and takes his place, says his lines, and is swiftly whisked away.

One time our eyes met and he smiled at me. (That's not talking, so I think it was okay! )

But Mark Ruffalo is a real ham, joked around a lot. And, get this, he WINKED at me once before the cameras started rolling!!!!! (He has dreamy eyes. Sigh.)
Old 04-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
They told us, "We're about to bring an actor onto set that you are not to take pictures of, talk to, or ask for an autograph." First his double came out (looks EXACTLY like him!) then at the last minute before cameras roll, the real Morgan Freeman comes and takes his place, says his lines, and is swiftly whisked away.

One time our eyes met and he smiled at me. (That's not talking, so I think it was okay! )

But Mark Ruffalo is a real ham, joked around a lot. And, get this, he WINKED at me once before the cameras started rolling!!!!! (He has dreamy eyes. Sigh.)
My daughter is standing here drooling cause you were on set with Mark Ruffalo.
She is flippin out. lol
Old 04-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
My daughter is standing here drooling cause you were on set with Mark Ruffalo.
She is flippin out. lol
I was kinda' flippin out at the time, too. I'm sure he winked at me because I was standing there, staring, drool coming out of my mouth . . . LOL (I figured it would probably be my only chance in life to gaze upon him, so I was getting my fill and good!) LOL

We had to keep doing re-takes because he wasn't kissing the actress right or they kept messing up the lines after. It was a LOT of re-takes. I wanted to scream, "Just let me come and SHOW HIM how to do it RIGHT . . ." LOL I was about 5 feet from him.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: helpingrachel
Stats: 167/ 162.4/140 5ft 8
Hi all! Sure enjoying reading the thread.

Quick post of numbers. I leave for vacation tomorrow. I will be tracking daily and hopefully post my numbers if I get a connection.

Calories today
75/19/6
Old 04-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I was kinda' flippin out at the time, too. I'm sure he winked at me because I was standing there, staring, drool coming out of my mouth . . . LOL (I figured it would probably be my only chance in life to gaze upon him, so I was getting my fill and good!) LOL

We had to keep doing re-takes because he wasn't kissing the actress right or they kept messing up the lines after. It was a LOT of re-takes. I wanted to scream, "Just let me come and SHOW HIM how to do it RIGHT . . ." LOL I was about 5 feet from him.
Oh mY oh my!
That poor actress
Old 04-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpingrachel View Post
Hi all! Sure enjoying reading the thread.

Quick post of numbers. I leave for vacation tomorrow. I will be tracking daily and hopefully post my numbers if I get a connection.

Calories today
75/19/6
Have a great vacation!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LightlyStarched
Today's food:

Breakfast - scrambled eggs with chorizo, coffee
Lunch - wedge salad - iceberg lettuce, blue cheese dressing, shredded cheddar, crumbled bacon, avocado
dinner - 4 oz ahi tuna with wasabi butter, 5 oz red wine

1800 cals
93 gr protein
22 carbs
Old 04-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #356
Senior LCF Member

So, tell me how this works? Where are you doing the calculations?
Old 04-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MerryKate
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: LC: 04/11 • NK 10/12
Quote:
So true. I don't even bother offering up any info because people don't wanna hear it. If they ask and seem interested I will talk but haven't run into that person yet. Most already have their minds made up about low carb.
I have a really hard time keeping it to myself, especially when someone who's bought the calories-in-calories-out line starts talking meaningfully at me about trimming the fat from their food.

I notice the original poster mentioned her friend being critical about her buttered green beans. People who've bought the calories-in-calories-out lie always feel free to share their views openly. I think its time we get just as frank in response. "Lets see...you're having your body cut open and your stomach mutilated to lose weight, and you'll be restricted to a cup or two of food per day for the rest of your life. I'm eating in line with the way my body is designed to work, and as a result I'm losing weight and able to enjoy my food without it making me sick. Pass the butter!"

Last edited by MerryKate; 04-05-2013 at 10:15 PM..
Old 04-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MerryKate
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: LC: 04/11 • NK 10/12
Hope I wasn't too harsh on the last post. I get fed up with everything being skewed towards the calories-in-calories-out hypothesis of weight loss. Even the app I use to track my weight keeps telling me I must have cut 400 cals/day from my intake (when I've really done about 100/day).

Quote:
So, tell me how this works? Where are you doing the calculations?
Most of us use online trackers to calculate our food intake. Mine comes with a daily report that shows my macros as a pie chart (and screams at me daily that my fat intake is TOO HIGH! )

Todays numbers: ketones 1.2, weight holding steady (apparently I cannot stay away from the scale). Calories 1550, fat 121, carbs 41, protein 74. Macros 71.5/18/10.5.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryKate View Post
Most of us use online trackers to calculate our food intake. Mine comes with a daily report that shows my macros as a pie chart (and screams at me daily that my fat intake is TOO HIGH! )
Oh, I know what you mean! Mine even relishes in telling me how much more I'll weigh in two weeks if I keep eating like that on any particular day 300-400 less calories, 95g less fat, and 179g more carbs is their brilliant plan for me... uhhhh yeah, right. I'd like to tell my tracker where it could stick its brilliant advice
Old 04-06-2013, 12:35 AM   #360
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryKate View Post
I have a really hard time keeping it to myself, especially when someone who's bought the calories-in-calories-out line starts talking meaningfully at me about trimming the fat from their food.

I notice the original poster mentioned her friend being critical about her buttered green beans. People who've bought the calories-in-calories-out lie always feel free to share their views openly. I think its time we get just as frank in response. "Lets see...you're having your body cut open and your stomach mutilated to lose weight, and you'll be restricted to a cup or two of food per day for the rest of your life. I'm eating in line with the way my body is designed to work, and as a result I'm losing weight and able to enjoy my food without it making me sick. Pass the butter!"
Thank you! Now why didn't I say that
Closed Thread