Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #241
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Food log - Mar 04, 2013

Numbers and log for today.

Calories: 2,303

Fat: 201
Pro: 108
Car: 27

77/19/4

Breakfast: Coffee, CO, HWC.
Lunch: Chicken, cabbage w/bouillon and bacon grease.
Dinner: Fish, broccoli w/bouillon, butter and bacon grease.
Snack: HWC float.
End of Day: 1oz CO.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #242
Rod
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rod
Stats: 5'10" 48yo 190/165/155
WOE: LCHF/IF
Start Date: February 2013
How much bouillon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post

Chicken, cabbage w/bouillon and bacon grease.
Dinner: Fish, broccoli w/bouillon, butter and bacon grease.
reddarin,

How much bouillon do you add to your cabbage or broccoli, and what brand do you use?

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pibble mama View Post
ok, FIRST Don't get down....TRUST me when i say there are those here who totally get where you are at....an we are here for YOU!

Myles, the coleslaw is from the fat fast book that just came out a while ago. It was super easy and I'm thinking i will continue to use it but maybe add blue cheese and maybe some walnuts? But basically 2c shredded cabbage, 1.5 tbs mayo (i do use real, no sugar, yet does have those funky oils...but i literally eat <2tbs a week!). 1tbs sour cream, 1tsp spicy brown mustard, 1/2 packet truvia (whatever you use), salt, pepper, red pepper flakes garlic I never measure that kind of stuff.I do it to taste) Oh, and a pinch of thyme! I let it sit in the fridge for an hour or so to "mary" the flavors...omgee! I will be eating that again this week! Oh, and i cut up a thick piece of pork side in it! I think it would be killer w/ bacon, blue cheese and walnuts!

ohhhhh DROOLING! Where did you get the curry? I love indian food....though, i'm sure most of the stuff i like is NOT on a NK meal plan! lol
I crave fruit every now and again, but it causes major craving issues so i have to steer clear of it! So sorry about your straw....BUT God does work in mysterious ways!

Hey, we go to The King and I.. the BEST Thai food.. I'm pretty sure coconut curry is NK compliant.. its just coconut milk, curry, spices, and veggies. I asked and they don't add any kind of palm sugar to their curries either. Its good stuff!
Old 03-04-2013, 05:43 PM   #244
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod View Post
reddarin,

How much bouillon do you add to your cabbage or broccoli, and what brand do you use?

Thanks!
I usually use 2 cubes and right now I am using McCormick. I just finished up a big bottle of cubes of some other brand but I can't remember which brand that was.

For the broccoli at dinner I only used 1 cube since I'd already had 2 at lunch.

I throw the veggie in the sauce pot, crumble the two cubes in, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, maybe 15g of bacon grease and 15g of butter. Then I put about 10oz of water in and boil till lightly done. I drain the broth off and drink it - very tasty stuff.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JennyP
Stats: 303/296/150
Start Date: March 2013
Good evening, everyone! Noob here that just read "Why we get fat and what to do about it". Just started today. I've done low carb before, but with a protein emphasis, and I wasn't successful. I'm hoping that high fat is going to do the trick, but it sure is going to take some getting used to!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pibble mama
Stats: 289.6/283/175!!
WOE: NK newbie!
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Hey, we go to The King and I.. the BEST Thai food.. I'm pretty sure coconut curry is NK compliant.. its just coconut milk, curry, spices, and veggies. I asked and they don't add any kind of palm sugar to their curries either. Its good stuff!
awesome! I love that place and as soon as i am back on regular paychecks! It is back on my list! Watch for groupons for them! I see them from time to time!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amandacj08
Myles -you can do it! Don't give in to those voices in your head! They lie!

Red- sorry about the headache

Casey -glad to see you today -have missed your posts

Jenny- welcome! I'm pretty new as well...learning lots from the great people here.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Red, Hope you get to feeling better.

Welcome JennyP, It does take some getting used to but it is so much better than low fat. Feels like your cheating all the time at first.
My hubby sure has liked picking on me about all the butter and beef I eat
Old 03-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #249
Senior LCF Member

I hope ya feel better Darin! take care of u!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Myles
Thx Theresa, Darin, Amanda,

That coleslaw sounds great I wonder if I can make it and skip the sweetener since I don't like sweet coleslaw anyway. also I wonder if it's from that same fat fast cookbook that I just bought but haven't read yet.

Darin: I am tracking everything I eat but the problem is I don't know the nutrition info for the things that are from the restaurants even with estimating things like today's meals I have no way of knowing or guessing. And most of my restaurant meals on sales trips are not able to be at chains who post nutritional info because I am often in very remote little towns

I appreciate the support, but I'm just really having a hard time right now, Sometimes on the road on sales trips there just isn't time to eat even to pull over and make protein shake so it makes it really hard. Then seeing myself in the mirror OHLAWD that just made my brain flip out and think all kinds of bad things. I wish I never lost over 100 pounds doing low-carb when I was younger in my early 20s because then I wouldn't be so discouraged and jaded like I am now. Having had such success with my golden opportunity back then truly spoiled me. I wish there was a low carb nutritionist locally. Or a low carb shrink.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goolash View Post
Thx Theresa, Darin, Amanda,

That coleslaw sounds great I wonder if I can make it and skip the sweetener since I don't like sweet coleslaw anyway. also I wonder if it's from that same fat fast cookbook that I just bought but haven't read yet.

Darin: I am tracking everything I eat but the problem is I don't know the nutrition info for the things that are from the restaurants even with estimating things like today's meals I have no way of knowing or guessing. And most of my restaurant meals on sales trips are not able to be at chains who post nutritional info because I am often in very remote little towns

I appreciate the support, but I'm just really having a hard time right now, Sometimes on the road on sales trips there just isn't time to eat even to pull over and make protein shake so it makes it really hard. Then seeing myself in the mirror OHLAWD that just made my brain flip out and think all kinds of bad things. I wish I never lost over 100 pounds doing low-carb when I was younger in my early 20s because then I wouldn't be so discouraged and jaded like I am now. Having had such success with my golden opportunity back then truly spoiled me. I wish there was a low carb nutritionist locally. Or a low carb shrink.
it is from that fat fast cookbook. i added a whole lot more spices.....i like mt spices!
I HATE that golden opportunity glitch! My friends and i were talking about that a while ago.....SUCKS!
Stay strong!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #252
Rod
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rod
Stats: 5'10" 48yo 190/165/155
WOE: LCHF/IF
Quote:
I usually use 2 cubes and right now I am using McCormick. I just finished up a big bottle of cubes of some other brand but I can't remember which brand that was.

For the broccoli at dinner I only used 1 cube since I'd already had 2 at lunch.

I throw the veggie in the sauce pot, crumble the two cubes in, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, maybe 15g of bacon grease and 15g of butter. Then I put about 10oz of water in and boil till lightly done. I drain the broth off and drink it - very tasty stuff.
Thanks, Red, that's sounds great. I'm only two weeks in LCHF, so I'm still finding my way (I've read Volek and Phinney and several sites). How did you decide three cubes was best for you? I've been adding Himalayan salt pretty liberally to foods. Is bouillon necessary if there are no adverse symptoms?
Old 03-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #253
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shay
Stats: 5' 9"; 150/135
Start Date: 3/1/13
New to all this! Retired from my medic job 3 yrs ago, sat on my tush since. Feb 1 started at the gym ever other day and as of 3/1, I supposedly lost 3 lbs. (I hate working out but can be VERY disciplined lol.) All I can say is thank goodness for garments that keep your tummy flat when “dressed to the nines”. Have to lose this tummy!

Supposedly, being 5’ 9”. my BMR is 1800 calories. I admit to being a tad confused on caloric intake as I don't want my metabolism to slow cause my body thinks it has to be in starvation mode. (135/2.2)*1.5 indicates my daily protein intake s/b = 92. Started HFLC on 3/1:

3/1 p 23.43%, c 11.58%, f 64.98% cals =1512 . . . . . . . p = 88.6 gm
3/2 p 17.03%, c 9.13%, f 73.83% cals = 1639 . . . . . .. p = 68.54 gm
3/3 p 19.26%, c 10.78%, f 69.97% cals = 1258. . . . . . .p = 74.26 gm
3/4 p 28.23%, c 6.99%, f 64.79% cals = 1228 . . . . . . . p = 86.65 gm
3/5 p 16.54%, c 7.05%, f 76.40% cals 1227 . . . . . . . . p = 89.76 gm

Weight-wise, I started at 150 and am aiming for 135-137 but mostly I’m just hoping my waistline shrinks.

As for ketosis, I’m thinking if it kicks in great but I’m not sure from what I’ve read if that’s very important or if I’m even on the right track to accomplish that. If it is important, can someone tell me why urine strips which are less expensive aren’t used by all? I’ve loved reading and learning from your posts. Thank you sooo much! BTW, what is “HWC”??

My fave dessert so far? 8 oz sour cream, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 pkt artificial sweetener, 4 strawberries. Piggy delish!!

Any advice is welcome.

Last edited by Shay; 03-04-2013 at 10:40 PM..
Old 03-04-2013, 10:59 PM   #254
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shay
Stats: 5' 9"; 150/135
Start Date: 3/1/13
Correction: My BMR is 1330 calories.

Last edited by Shay; 03-04-2013 at 11:13 PM..
Old 03-04-2013, 11:14 PM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Hi, Shay! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
If you guys havent tried this it works so good. I use a coffee filter in a wide mouth mason jar, I take a ring and screw it on the top a little. Then you can strain your bacon greas right into the jar. I just leave the coffee fiter in there and strain the bacon grease thru it several times. Don't have to change it every time. I also cook my bacon on a cookie sheet in the oven. So much easier. I don't burn myself as much.
I gotta try this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightlyStarched View Post
I really hate trying to log every bite into a calorie calculator. Its really hard to do it when you cook via the "throw it in the bowl" method, lol.
I am so with you on this. I really wish I could have a record of everything that passes my lips. I think it is important to know what *exactly* is going on, but it really goes against my nature. Gah!

Quote:
Interesting. I notice that Volek counted the protein.
Well, I guess I better count it, then. Darn!

So, I had a pretty craptastic weekend. I exercised for the first time friday which screwed up my blood sugar all weekend. Woke up on saturday with a blood sugar of 52 and had some berries which screwed me up all day, made me feel hungry like I'd been eating carbs, which of course, I had, completely against my will! Then sunday morning I woke up with a blood sugar of 52. I didn't want to have another screwed up day, so I turned off my insulin pump for TWO HOURS, thinking no basal for two hours would have to do me some good. After two hours I got up and my blood sugar was 53.

I ended up having a bowl of ice cream, which of course, screwed up my whole day. I actually do feel a little proud of myself over it though. The stuff I crave is the wheat/pastry/bready kinda stuff and I haven't had gluten since the first week of january. And everything except the sugar in the ice cream is actually on plan, and I needed some sugar. But as you might imagine, my blood sugar was over 200 for the rest of the day even though I felt like I was just pouring insulin into my body every time I turned around. Totally craptastic! Oh, and I woke up FOUR pounds heavier on sunday. Blah.

The big crappy thing about type I (or anyone having to use insulin) is that if you change anything it can completely screw you up. There are like a million variables. One extra time around the block. Good thing I am a bit of a detail freak, I guess.

But today I am totally back on track, and I could swear I'm fully in ketosis. I really think I am. I am moving forward and putting this weekend behind me and counting it as a WIN bc I am still on plan and I didn't veer off into carb insanity, which is my usual plan B.

Now, please, please, please... get me back to 183!!!!

ETA: I love how that smilie guy really looks pissed off. It makes me feel better! lol

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb
once a day feeding
Old 03-05-2013, 03:39 AM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

Weigh in this am is 159.5

Shay, welcome Nice to meet you!

Wow March is sure moving along already.
Hope everyone has an awesome day
Old 03-05-2013, 04:11 AM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Just had to share this this morning:

I had a couple bowls of beef stew with an entire avocado for breakfast early (for me) this morning before the sailor woke up. When he asked me if I had eaten breakfast and I told him I had and what I eat, he looked at me horrified. "Beef stew? FOR BREAKFAST? Ew."

Haha what is so bad about my breakfast?!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:14 AM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I had a couple bowls of beef stew with an entire avocado for breakfast early (for me) this morning before the sailor woke up. When he asked me if I had eaten breakfast and I told him I had and what I eat, he looked at me horrified. "Beef stew? FOR BREAKFAST? Ew."

LOL Sounds like a great breakfast to me.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:29 AM   #259
Senior LCF Member

welcome Shay!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:30 AM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
it is from that fat fast cookbook. i added a whole lot more spices.....i like mt spices!
I HATE that golden opportunity glitch! My friends and i were talking about that a while ago.....SUCKS!
Stay strong!
I know right! I wish i knew about the golden opportunity when i did this 14 or so years ago, i would definitely have stuck to it 4 life.

I want to work out again. My last workout was last monday, then when i was supposed to work out on Wed i moved it to Thursday because wed was my last night to hang out with my dad before he flew out again. Then Thu the back pain started and was at its worst. So it's been 5 days of the back pain and its down to just really stiff especially when i wake up but no more excruciating pain, but dang i want to work out again. I didn't even bring my runners or shorts on this trip tho because i figured my back was going to be bad. Yeeargh!

Last edited by Myles; 03-05-2013 at 04:32 AM..
Old 03-05-2013, 06:15 AM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
Hi, Shay! Welcome!
So, I had a pretty craptastic weekend. I exercised for the first time friday which screwed up my blood sugar all weekend. Woke up on saturday with a blood sugar of 52 and had some berries which screwed me up all day, made me feel hungry like I'd been eating carbs, which of course, I had, completely against my will! Then sunday morning I woke up with a blood sugar of 52. I didn't want to have another screwed up day, so I turned off my insulin pump for TWO HOURS, thinking no basal for two hours would have to do me some good. After two hours I got up and my blood sugar was 53.

I ended up having a bowl of ice cream, which of course, screwed up my whole day. I actually do feel a little proud of myself over it though. The stuff I crave is the wheat/pastry/bready kinda stuff and I haven't had gluten since the first week of january. And everything except the sugar in the ice cream is actually on plan, and I needed some sugar. But as you might imagine, my blood sugar was over 200 for the rest of the day even though I felt like I was just pouring insulin into my body every time I turned around. Totally craptastic! Oh, and I woke up FOUR pounds heavier on sunday. Blah.

The big crappy thing about type I (or anyone having to use insulin) is that if you change anything it can completely screw you up. There are like a million variables. One extra time around the block. Good thing I am a bit of a detail freak, I guess.

But today I am totally back on track, and I could swear I'm fully in ketosis. I really think I am. I am moving forward and putting this weekend behind me and counting it as a WIN bc I am still on plan and I didn't veer off into carb insanity, which is my usual plan B.

Now, please, please, please... get me back to 183!!!!

ETA: I love how that smilie guy really looks pissed off. It makes me feel better! lol
however, AWSOME FREAKIN' job on staying on it though! I can't imagine what you go through daily. My hat's off to you for staying strong!!!

Quote:

ummm, i can give you my address if you want to bring me breakfast! THAT sounds awesome!!

Quote:
I know right! I wish i knew about the golden opportunity when i did this 14 or so years ago, i would definitely have stuck to it 4 life.

I want to work out again. My last workout was last monday, then when i was supposed to work out on Wed i moved it to Thursday because wed was my last night to hang out with my dad before he flew out again. Then Thu the back pain started and was at its worst. So it's been 5 days of the back pain and its down to just really stiff especially when i wake up but no more excruciating pain, but dang i want to work out again. I didn't even bring my runners or shorts on this trip tho because i figured my back was going to be bad. Yeeargh!
Can you go for a walk around the hotel or something? Or hey! You have a laptop....go to youtube and find a stretching or yoga video or something you can do in your room in your bare feet! Just an idea!
I MUST break out those zumba videos i paid good money for...i miss moving and as soon as i get the paycheck in two weeks i am going back to yoga 2x a week! I miss the way it made me feel! Stay strong today and i say to the whole golden opportunity! WE WILL SHOW IT WHO'S BOSS!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:19 AM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Shay! Welcome!!

I STS today. But I got little sleep last night and then up super early today. I am having a bit of leg cramps so i'm upping the gray sea salt today. But right now, i am enjoying my BPC!!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:24 AM   #263
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyP View Post
Good evening, everyone! Noob here that just read "Why we get fat and what to do about it". Just started today. I've done low carb before, but with a protein emphasis, and I wasn't successful. I'm hoping that high fat is going to do the trick, but it sure is going to take some getting used to!
Hi Jenny Welcome to our thread
Old 03-05-2013, 06:24 AM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dasschus
Stats: 250/195/145
WOE: HFLC/nutritional ketosis
Welcome Jenny and Shay!

Well, I derailed last night and had a little less than half a burger, a few fries and a hurricane. But I sure paid for it! Omg!! So not worth the racing heart and anxiety all night. My fasting glucose was 130 this morning.
That's a real cure for wanting anything with a lot of carbs. It's not worth the price.

Tuesday weight: 200.5
Yesterday's: 201

Half pound down. It may go up tomorrow because of my little derailment.

Kelly
Old 03-05-2013, 06:30 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Jenny! I must have missed your post last night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasschus View Post
Welcome Jenny and Shay!

Well, I derailed last night and had a little less than half a burger, a few fries and a hurricane. But I sure paid for it! Omg!! So not worth the racing heart and anxiety all night. My fasting glucose was 130 this morning.
That's a real cure for wanting anything with a lot of carbs. It's not worth the price.

Kelly
Do you think it was the alcohol? Sorry you had that!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #266
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

If I were in your situation I would focus hard on keeping carbs as low as possible. As you know from what I've said and what I do, I do not allow my calories to dip too low because of NK appetite suppression but I'd give the suppression semi-free reign for the week or so that I was on the road.

Also... try to pay attention to how this trip works for meals and snacks. Make notes about how hungry you feel and what is available to eat. When you get back review the trip within the framework of how you can proactively plan the next trip to be more NK oriented. For example, I got caught in the hotel room after a long day and I was hungry as heck but the NK safe meal choices were scanty or non-existent. What could I pack that would be a safe emergency NK food that is shelf stable? Something I could eat before going to the cafe and getting a burger patty or whatever.

You probably cannot pack a weeks worth of emergency rations, although they are 'emergency' not a weeks worth of normal eating. You know where you are going before hand so google the destination city and determine what stores are available that you might shop at when you first get to town to get some supplies for the coming week. You carry a briefcase or laptop case so have some LC friendly beef jerky and/or shelf stable cheese sticks handy. And some breath mints lol.

Don't let the road not taken years ago do anything more than inspire you for today's success. Don't focus on the failure of what you didn't do but focus on the success of what you did do before you went a different direction. Unlike some other fat guy trying LC for the first time, you *know* personally it works because of your stunning results years ago.

My brief dalliance with Atkins NDR in the mid '90s shores me up all the time. It was really amazing how quickly I dropped 25 pounds or so.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:25 AM   #267
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod View Post
Thanks, Red, that's sounds great. I'm only two weeks in LCHF, so I'm still finding my way (I've read Volek and Phinney and several sites). How did you decide three cubes was best for you? I've been adding Himalayan salt pretty liberally to foods. Is bouillon necessary if there are no adverse symptoms?
I set my food logger to track sodium intake and I try to make sure I am well over 3g a day. Phinney said that 5g a day is about right for LC/NK. So far I've found that 3 to 6 is okay for me.

Usually I only have 2 cubes a day and I don't do that every single day. Yesterday I had three because I wanted the broccoli with dinner and I really like the bouillon cube flavor in the cooking water.

Is it necessary?

No, not if your sodium intake is otherwise adequate for LC/NK keeping in mind health conditions and any OTC or Rx meds.

I posted about this in the December thread. Here is the edited post and the book I am referring to is The Art and Science of Low Carb Living:

Quote:
Page 19 or location 458

"Salt deprivation leads to lightheadedness, fatigue, headache, and malaise."

On page 20 or location 476: "High carbohydrate diets make the kidneys retain salt, whereas a low carbohydrate intake increases sodium excretion by the kidney (called 'the natriuresis of fasting')."

Another quote from that chapter's summary:

"3. Third, the body's metabolism of salt is uniquely different when one is adapted to a low carbohydrate diet. Salt and water are more efficiently excreted, which is a good thing as long as you maintain an adequate minimum sodium intake. Ignore this lesson and you are likely to suffer the completely avoidable problems of headache, fatigue, weakness, and constipation"

That is very interesting. If you are having a problem with regularity you could benefit from a close examination of your sodium intake.

Page 40 has more salty goodness. He remarks that adding 1 to 2 cups of bullion to your routine adds about 1-2 grams of sodium and being keto-adapted ensures that the salt moves right on through you.

On page 150 or location 2650, Phinney shows low sodium to be the culprit behind abnormal potassium sacrifice.

"At some point, when confronted with this low sodium intake plus carbohydrate restriction, most people's defense mechanisms can't maintain normal mineral balances. So the body's next level of defense is for the adrenal gland to secrete the hormone aldosterone, which makes kidney tubular cells excrete potassium in order to conserve sodium. That is, the body wastes some of its intracellular potassium in order to cling to whatever sodium it can. However unless there is copious potassium coming in from the diet, this excess urinary potassium comes from the body's potassium pool inside cells. Two things then happen. First, nerve and muscles cells don't work well, leading to cardia dysrhythmias and muscle cramps. Second, because potassium is an obligate component of lean tissue, the body starts losing muscle even if there's plenty of protein in the diet"
Old 03-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Weigh in this am is 159.5

Shay, welcome Nice to meet you!

Wow March is sure moving along already.
Hope everyone has an awesome day
That's so awesome!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:39 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasschus View Post
Welcome Jenny and Shay!

Kelly
Ick sorry it made you feel so yucky.

I like to think that the feeling bad makes me not do it again, but if I drink too much it's like a free for all. You know how some girls are all over guys when they drink? I'm like that with food. I'm a food sl*t I guess. lol

Last edited by amandacj08; 03-05-2013 at 07:41 AM..
Old 03-05-2013, 07:40 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dasschus
Stats: 250/195/145
WOE: HFLC/nutritional ketosis
Quote:
Jenny! I must have missed your post last night!

Do you think it was the alcohol? Sorry you had that!
My heart races and I wake up through the night with anxiety every single time I have a lot of carbs. I don't know why it happens though.

Definitely a good motivator to stick with this!

Incidentally, alcohol seems to hit harder when you've been low carb for a while. Lol

Kelly
Closed Thread