Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 04:18 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Myles
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandacj08 View Post
That is a good day on the road! It is SO hard to be low carb when you travel, especially if there is a lot of flying involved - everything around you is carby! Keep on rockin it, Myles!
i know right, its really hard in/around airports and restaurants. Thx - need to find some pork rinds here lol

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2013, 04:19 AM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasschus View Post
The Monday weight: 201.00 (yesterday's weight 201.2)

Well, at least it went the right direction this time.

Kelly
woot!
Old 03-04-2013, 04:44 AM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dasschus
Stats: 250/195/145
WOE: HFLC/nutritional ketosis
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolash View Post
i know right, its really hard in/around airports and restaurants. Thx - need to find some pork rinds here lol
Good luck today with finding your eats on the run. I know it's not easy but you can do it!

Kelly
Old 03-04-2013, 05:59 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pibble mama
Stats: 289.6/283/175!!
WOE: NK newbie!
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
alright quick post before bed to stay accountable.

I dont have calories for today cuz it would have been too lengthy to figure out and i just didnt have the time, but its day 1 on a sales trip.

Woke up 5 am, 5:30 had 4 eggs scrambled in butter. On the plane, had the egg omelette and chicken sausage and skipped the potatos and bread.

Then went to my sisters to see my nephews and had a few slices of cold leftover brisket (no sauces or anything on it), then i bought some pepperoni slices and had 10 of those and 1 slice of havarti cheese. THen i went for dinner with clients to a fancy restaurant and had an awesome big ribeye steak and a few spears of asparagus and a few mushrooms - now bed.

Calories - no Idea
Protein _ probably a bit high
mad? - nope

Any more advice for eating on the road is welcome, i have my protein shaker and powder with me, and bought some cheese and pepperoni and hard boiled eggs for the road, but seriously its hard, especially in the remote areas where restaraunts have like 2 things on the menu... night
You are right, eating on the run/road can be hard but you handled it like a champ! Especially that steak dinner! But a great attitude is the hardest part of the battle! Just enjoy your sales trip and keep up the good work!

CONGRATS on all the downward scale movement for everyone! I hope ya'll had a great weekend!

I have been around, just nursing my head yesterday! I had a REALLY good night Saturday night! Much needed time out with friends! Got me out of the house, dressed me (as none of my street clothes fit right now ) and somehow never had an empty glass.....so I EXPECTED a jump AGAIN on the scale today....not so much! DOWN 1.8 from Saturday morning! The body is so dang weird! lol I didn't eat off of plan...kept the drinks to diet and vodka (except for a few shots...DON'T KNOW how THOSE wound up in my hands! But, i have ZERO regrets....i needed to get out and be with my friends! Today is a new week!

Ya'll have a great day!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:57 AM   #215
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Weigh-in Mar 04, 2013

Weigh-in this morning ... 201.0 almost a full week of bouncing up and down two pounds. Very annoying Most annoying of all is that it is right at the century mark that I am doing this dance
Old 03-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #216
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Kelly
Congrats!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:59 AM   #217
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pibble mama View Post
You are right, eating on the run/road can be hard but you handled it like a champ! Especially that steak dinner! But a great attitude is the hardest part of the battle! Just enjoy your sales trip and keep up the good work!

CONGRATS on all the downward scale movement for everyone! I hope ya'll had a great weekend!

I have been around, just nursing my head yesterday! I had a REALLY good night Saturday night! Much needed time out with friends! Got me out of the house, dressed me (as none of my street clothes fit right now ) and somehow never had an empty glass.....so I EXPECTED a jump AGAIN on the scale today....not so much! DOWN 1.8 from Saturday morning! The body is so dang weird! lol I didn't eat off of plan...kept the drinks to diet and vodka (except for a few shots...DON'T KNOW how THOSE wound up in my hands! But, i have ZERO regrets....i needed to get out and be with my friends! Today is a new week!

Ya'll have a great day!
Hooray!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #218
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Keep up the good work Myles!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:25 AM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amandacj08
Red - bummer man, that's frustrating but you *know* the truth....it's not really a gain. Maybe step away from the scale for a bit until your body works out the kinks?

Theresa - I'm so happy to hear you had a fun time out, and doubly happy to hear about your loss! Rock on, girl!

Kelly - whoop, whoop! When the scale is moving that's about what I lose each day too.

Myles - you can do it today! The force of LCF will be with you....use the force Myles....use the force!

To anyone I may have missed in advertantly, I apologize, I'm on my phone and on the bus....and I think I hear the orchestra playing me off the stage...

I stayed even at 192 this am, but DANG the inches are dropping my clothes are getting really loose!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Weigh-in this morning ... 201.0 almost a full week of bouncing up and down two pounds. Very annoying Most annoying of all is that it is right at the century mark that I am doing this dance
I wonder what is causing the bounce?

Quote:
Red - bummer man, that's frustrating but you *know* the truth....it's not really a gain. Maybe step away from the scale for a bit until your body works out the kinks?

Theresa - I'm so happy to hear you had a fun time out, and doubly happy to hear about your loss! Rock on, girl!

Kelly - whoop, whoop! When the scale is moving that's about what I lose each day too.

Myles - you can do it today! The force of LCF will be with you....use the force Myles....use the force!

To anyone I may have missed in advertantly, I apologize, I'm on my phone and on the bus....and I think I hear the orchestra playing me off the stage...

I stayed even at 192 this am, but DANG the inches are dropping my clothes are getting really loose!
AWESOME on the loose clothes! THAT would be so amazing, even more than the scales dropping! I don't really care what the numbers are...i want my clothes to be too big on me! Enjoy that feeling for sure!!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #221
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
That's awesome!! Seems to me that the scale trails the inches.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Ya'll have a great day!
Sounds like a GREAT time and you even lost weight!! That's awesome!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sounds like a GREAT time and you even lost weight!! That's awesome!
It was! lol much needed time out!
You did the FF right? I made the coleslaw and added a piece of really fatty pork side (1oz) OMGEEZE! I am in love!!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

That's awesome!! Loose clothes is a wonderful thing.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Soooooo close!! Yeah, that's frustrating but you know you'll get there very soon. Right on the edge.
Hope tomorrow gets you under the 200 mark.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You did the FF right? I made the coleslaw and added a piece of really fatty pork side (1oz) OMGEEZE! I am in love!!
Isn't that recipe fantastic?! I don't even care for cole slaw and I loved it. Good idea about adding to it.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Ahhh your doing great! I thought you were gonna meditate on bacon grease.
Sa ta na ma, bacon grease, get your cortisol down and sat fat up

Quote:

Kelly
Hey congrats

Quote:
You got this! No worries

Quote:

Ya'll have a great day!
Way to go. Glad ya had fun, and had a loss.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Calling out to SouthernGirl. CT we sure miss ya. Hope your doing well!

erinisme, How are ya? keep us informed, pleeze?

Zgirl, why are you luking, we miss you.

Becky what are you up to now since your between jobs. You should totally have a lil flea market business.

Last edited by Clueless; 03-04-2013 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: can't spell :)
Old 03-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb34
Quote:
Do you think the LBM bounce back is accurate though? Can a person gain that much LBM overnight? I'm clueless! Do you know?

I think I'll do it again next month just to see if it makes a difference whether you start out in ketosis or not when doing a fat fast. I'll wait to get my ketone strips so I can test to make sure I'm in ketosis before starting. I know for a fact that I was not in ketosis when I started the fat fast but by the end their was a sign of moderate ketones on the Ketostix.

Kelly
What if you do a fat fast but double the calories to 2000? Think that would still affect the LBM? or could the higher calories offset a drop in LBM ?
Old 03-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb34 View Post
What if you do a fat fast but double the calories to 2000? Think that would still affect the LBM? or could the higher calories offset a drop in LBM ?
I was wondering that myself! I do like the recipes in the new cook book!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb34
Quote:
Ugh. So pork rinds protein doesn't count?

I've been reading that the protein isn't a good source.
"The type of protein in pork skins is called collagen, the same substance found in hair, fingernails, and horsehooves. Its bio-availability is almost non-existent, hence the statement on the package. People in survival situations (the Donner party, etc.) have attempted to use leather as a food source, with unfortunate results. "

This is kind of important, I would think. So should we be counting that protein or not? Thoughts?
Google "ray peat gelatin" first result "Gelatin, stress, longevity Ray Peat"

read the article and see the benefits of gelatin. I try to use between 1-4 TBSP of the unflavored gelatin per day. I put it in my decaff coffee...gelatin gives you what lean muscle meat can't. They go together like nuts and bolts.

so don't count out the pigskin!
Old 03-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb34 View Post
I plan to use the recipes but add protein. Doubling might be a good idea. All of the recipes are great for LCHF ketogenic diet. And they are so tasty! I'm really pleasantly surprised.

I really don't think ,y scale's body composition measurements are too accurate. But I'm not willing to pay to have it measured accurately just now.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Keep up the good work Myles!
..the desk im sitting at, i look to the left and see myself in the mirror... really made me depressed. like major. Im so huge..ffff

no idea again for calories...

but today i head hard boiled eggs w salt and some hotel scrambed eggs with ham and cheddar for breakfast and a coffee with 2 little 10% creamers

then for lunch i had 1.5 "oktoberfest" sausage and some coleslaw from the only restaurant in like 50 miles from where i was. I gotta hope the sausage didn't have any breadcrumbs in it, but it tasted like all meat if that means anything.. I didnt finish the coleslaw cuz it definitely tasted like it was made with miracle whip.. But i was so hungry and this place makes so many pies..a little bakery/restaurant..i was so close to buying a pie

snack was 2-3 servings of dry roasted almonds (i know thats probably carby but i was starving and was driving and there was nowhere to pull over and make a protein shake cuz it was a small road) oh and some pepperoni and some havarti

dinner i went to an indian buffet thats in the same parking lot as my hotel and man that was hard but i didnt eat any naan, or deep fried things, just a little bit of goat curry and butter chicken that i drained as much of the sauce off as i could and some roasted cauliflower and green peppers..

god damn i cant stop staring at myself in the mirror tho....my head isnt right right now ... and the pie earlier im dreaming of it..im close to slipping here

Last edited by Myles; 03-04-2013 at 04:27 PM..
Old 03-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Hi all, just checking in! 130.2 this morning, OK with it.. more concerned about body fat than weight at this point, and right now I'm at 23.2%

B: fruit smoothie with coconut milk, OVER IT, back to fatty meat breakfasts tomorrow
L: homemade hearty beef stew
D: panang curry with shrimp, subbed steamed veggies for rice

1.OMG, the curry was to die for.

2.I'm kind of bored with the fruit lately and I'm hungry an hour after I finish it, so I was going back and forth all day with dropping it. Then, when I got in my car, I leaned over too hard on the straw sticking out of my smoothie cup (hard plastic), and it literally shattered into pieces. I took that as a sign from God to cut the fruit.

3. Every morning, I stumble into my kitchen in a stupor and take my probiotic with a glass of water. This morning, I accidentally took magnesium (which I usually take at night). Still took my regular dose this evening. Whoops.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
right on! congratulationz
Old 03-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Coleslaw? where r recipe? /drool
Old 03-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Hi all, just checking in! 130.2 this morning, OK with it.. more concerned about body fat than weight at this point, and right now I'm at 23.2%

B: fruit smoothie with coconut milk, OVER IT, back to fatty meat breakfasts tomorrow

2.I'm kind of bored with the fruit lately and I'm hungry an hour after I finish it, so I was going back and forth all day with dropping it. Then, when I got in my car, I leaned over too hard on the straw sticking out of my smoothie cup (hard plastic), and it literally shattered into pieces. I took that as a sign from God to cut the fruit.

3. Every morning, I stumble into my kitchen in a stupor and take my probiotic with a glass of water. This morning, I accidentally took magnesium (which I usually take at night). Still took my regular dose this evening. Whoops.

Great additude Casey. Glad you checked in. I have missed your posts.
I would love to be 23% Body fat. Heck I just wanna be 29%.
I am 30%Still obeezzzee. lol
Old 03-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Coleslaw? where r recipe? /drool
ok, FIRST Don't get down....TRUST me when i say there are those here who totally get where you are at....an we are here for YOU!

Myles, the coleslaw is from the fat fast book that just came out a while ago. It was super easy and I'm thinking i will continue to use it but maybe add blue cheese and maybe some walnuts? But basically 2c shredded cabbage, 1.5 tbs mayo (i do use real, no sugar, yet does have those funky oils...but i literally eat <2tbs a week!). 1tbs sour cream, 1tsp spicy brown mustard, 1/2 packet truvia (whatever you use), salt, pepper, red pepper flakes garlic I never measure that kind of stuff.I do it to taste) Oh, and a pinch of thyme! I let it sit in the fridge for an hour or so to "mary" the flavors...omgee! I will be eating that again this week! Oh, and i cut up a thick piece of pork side in it! I think it would be killer w/ bacon, blue cheese and walnuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post

ohhhhh DROOLING! Where did you get the curry? I love indian food....though, i'm sure most of the stuff i like is NOT on a NK meal plan! lol
I crave fruit every now and again, but it causes major craving issues so i have to steer clear of it! So sorry about your straw....BUT God does work in mysterious ways!
Old 03-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #239
Blabbermouth!!!

Hang in there Myles. Since you are not logging I wouldn't try to eat a lot of calories. Too easy to go over.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #240
Blabbermouth!!!

Boy, my head has been killing me most of the day. We have a cool front moving into the area so I guess it is from the low pressure zone.
Closed Thread