Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 10:34 PM   #1501
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MerryKate
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: LC: 04/11 • NK 10/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbelkk View Post
So did ok all day today until tonight - was SO hungry...ate 3 eggs and some bacon then was still hungry so ate 2 small steaks, like 4.5oz total and sour cream. SO, I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong.
Ooh, that's a lot of protein all at once, which could in itself trigger an insulin response.
Next time, I'd suggest that if you're still hungry after the bacon and eggs, be sure it's really hunger. It can take the body up to 20 minutes to recognize that you've eaten, so wait a bit before eating more. If you just can't wait, have a cup of bullion with some cream in it. If after the 15 minutes, plus broth, you're still hungry, have a fat bomb. That should nip the hunger in the bud.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #1502
Senior LCF Member

My quick check-in: I've been doing pretty well this week, by trying to keep my sodium intake high enough. Last night I had a cup of broth before bed and woke up to a 1.25 lb. loss. After two weeks of bloating, I was pretty pleased.

My ketones have been trending down a bit....makes me wonder, is that a cause for concern? They've been in 0.6-0.8 range.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:27 AM   #1503
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Checking in.. 131.6 this morning, -3.6 from yesterday. LOL, scale. You're so crazy.

No, but seriously, I'm pretty sure I got back into ketosis yesterday after my flavored Greek yogurt indiscretion. Definitely felt yesterday as if I was losing more water than I was taking in.

Log for yesterday:

B: 2 pieces Mockafoni and cheese
L: 2 oz cream cheese, 1 oz macadamia nuts
D: 2 slices chicken enchilada bake

1986 cals/160g fat/32g carbs (22 net)/114g protein

High on just about everything, but I was hungry. Worked out yesterday as well--sometimes I feel like I can use that to justify eating more protein and carbs than I need.

Have a good day everyone!

PS Event Horizon still gives me nightmares.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:44 AM   #1504
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
3/29

weight this morning 156.6
Old 03-29-2013, 03:52 AM   #1505
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandacj08 View Post
I really don't because its hard to even get a break for lunch at work sometimes. I do try to drink several powerade zeros through out the week.
From what I saw a powerade zero has 250mg of sodium in the whole thing. An 8oz cup of chicken broth had 960mg. May not have any effect but it might be worth a try to have some sodium before your workout. You stay well under 50 carbs a day and you have been LC for a long time so your body may need it. In the New Atkins for A New You they do recommend broth before a hard workout and you are definitely working out hard.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:01 AM   #1506
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yeah, I wondered that...I've really increased a lot of my fitness as that is one of my biggest goals along with weight/fat loss.

So did ok all day today until tonight - was SO hungry...ate 3 eggs and some bacon then was still hungry so ate 2 small steaks, like 4.5oz total and sour cream. SO, I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong.
:
You work out a lot, that alone will increase you appetite. I would say all the exercise has a lot to do with you hunger.
Before starting NK any time I added exercise to my weight loss program I would start to gain weight. I didn't know back then that some of it was from my muscles retaining water. I also think some of it was from the ravenous hunger the exercise caused. Now I try to keep my exercise under 45 minutes a day. Sometimes I do exercise more but I prepare myself to see a gain if I do.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:04 AM   #1507
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: robbelkk
Stats: 263/168/150
WOE: Atkins, LCHF, NK, BFC
Start Date: Feb 2012
good morning! starting my day with 2 large eggs, fried in .5 tbsp coconut oil then had 1 tbsp coconut oil in warm water (so I guess a fat bomb...). drank it down while ate my eggs. Eggs were SO good, put pepper and salt. Salting food is new for me as I usually avoid salt, makes me feel like I'm holding lots of water, ugg but reading more about it so fig the extra salt on my eggs not only makes it SO yummy, helps me drink my water too LOL...
Old 03-29-2013, 06:08 AM   #1508
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Yeah, I wondered that...I've really increased a lot of my fitness as that is one of my biggest goals along with weight/fat loss.

No, this doesn't mean you are doing something wrong. I was hungry last night too. I didn't eat anything but feeling mild hunger several hours after eating is normal and I've experienced it often enough.

MerryKate's suggestions are really good. I'd add that when you ate the bacon and eggs some extra added fat would be good. Maybe one less egg and add 2oz of cheese. Cheese has some protein but lots of fat. Or make it into a cheese and bacon omelet.

Distract yourself if you are still feeling hungry. Clean something. Walk the dog. Busy yourself. That is usually a good way to tell if you are hungry enough to eat or it was not that sort of hunger feeling.

Quote:
SOOOO, I would LOVE to weigh 150...I'm about 5'6 1/2"...so I can eat between about 74g protein up to 123g protein per day.

150 goal weight calorie expenditure --> (150/2.2)*35 = 2386

less about 500 for weight loss (and would like to not increase food for all fitness calories...)

so eat about 1800 calories a day? and aim for about 100g protein?
Sounds like good starting numbers.

Quote:
I do take levothyroxine, hopefully spelled right, for my thyroid...I'm terrible at going to the doc and terrible at remembering to take the stinkin pill...So, def need to get that done.

What should I do to hit 150 and not be SO hungry...argh
I'm not sure you can fix the problem without putting a lot of emphasis on this issue. The thyroid is a critical player in weight loss/gain. It if isn't working right it is unlikely that anything else will work right. Your appetite is directly affected by your thyroid.

I only take OTC supplements, multivitamin and stuff, but I use a pill minder so I don't forget to take them. I portion out a week of pills and I have a one day pill thingie for today's pills that is in sight while I am at the computer.

Do you weigh much different now from the last time you visited with your doctor and reviewed your thyroid medication?
Old 03-29-2013, 06:11 AM   #1509
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryKate View Post
My quick check-in: I've been doing pretty well this week, by trying to keep my sodium intake high enough. Last night I had a cup of broth before bed and woke up to a 1.25 lb. loss. After two weeks of bloating, I was pretty pleased.

My ketones have been trending down a bit....makes me wonder, is that a cause for concern? They've been in 0.6-0.8 range.
Hooray!!!

Have your protein grams and carb grams (and carb sources) been steady?
Old 03-29-2013, 06:12 AM   #1510
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Checking in.. 131.6 this morning, -3.6 from yesterday. LOL, scale. You're so crazy.

No, but seriously, I'm pretty sure I got back into ketosis yesterday after my flavored Greek yogurt indiscretion. Definitely felt yesterday as if I was losing more water than I was taking in.

Log for yesterday:

High on just about everything, but I was hungry. Worked out yesterday as well--sometimes I feel like I can use that to justify eating more protein and carbs than I need.

Hooray!!!

Scale
Old 03-29-2013, 06:13 AM   #1511
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
weight this morning 156.6
Nice Cheryl!!! Hooray!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 06:16 AM   #1512
Blabbermouth!!!

Weigh-in Mar 29, 2013

Weigh-in this morning ... 196.7!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:33 AM   #1513
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Have your protein grams and carb grams (and carb sources) been steady?
Thanks for the directions - I looked at my SP food diary again. My carbs have been steady, but I was giving a try at raising my protein levels a bit within Dr. Phinney's recommended range, and my ketones went down. Yesterday I had only 66 g protein and I was back up to 1.1 ketones. So I guess that answers that.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:39 AM   #1514
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amandacj08
Whoop whoop on the losses, Cheryl, Casey, Darin, Kate and anyone else I missed!

I brought a bullion cube to work with me today. I have a core class tonight. Not as strenuous as my body conditioning classes but still a tough workout. I'm going to see how I do
Old 03-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #1515
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: robbelkk
Stats: 263/168/150
WOE: Atkins, LCHF, NK, BFC
Start Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
fabulous!!

Quote:
No, this doesn't mean you are doing something wrong. I was hungry last night too. I didn't eat anything but feeling mild hunger several hours after eating is normal and I've experienced it often enough.

MerryKate's suggestions are really good. I'd add that when you ate the bacon and eggs some extra added fat would be good. Maybe one less egg and add 2oz of cheese. Cheese has some protein but lots of fat. Or make it into a cheese and bacon omelet.

Distract yourself if you are still feeling hungry. Clean something. Walk the dog. Busy yourself. That is usually a good way to tell if you are hungry enough to eat or it was not that sort of hunger feeling.

Sounds like good starting numbers.

I'm not sure you can fix the problem without putting a lot of emphasis on this issue. The thyroid is a critical player in weight loss/gain. It if isn't working right it is unlikely that anything else will work right. Your appetite is directly affected by your thyroid.

I only take OTC supplements, multivitamin and stuff, but I use a pill minder so I don't forget to take them. I portion out a week of pills and I have a one day pill thingie for today's pills that is in sight while I am at the computer.

Do you weigh much different now from the last time you visited with your doctor and reviewed your thyroid medication?
Thank you for this feedback! I am going to call and set up a doc visit now...I just hate going but don't want to continue hindering myself for no reason...

I'm glad my starting #s looked good, yay!

I'm not feeling hungry now which is pleasant. I heard Jillian say you need to get comfortable with being uncomfortable...and I hate it but trying to own that and stop eating at night or just when I think I have to have something...

I did sign up to hopefully get a free blood monitor kit so that will ROCK if it comes in the mail! I've been low carb for so long and lately my binge eats are on SF or LC foods but just WAY too much of it so I'm hoping that helps me move into NK sooner than later if I just stay on track!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #1516
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks for the directions - I looked at my SP food diary again. My carbs have been steady, but I was giving a try at raising my protein levels a bit within Dr. Phinney's recommended range, and my ketones went down. Yesterday I had only 66 g protein and I was back up to 1.1 ketones. So I guess that answers that.
Interesting. That is what I was thinking.

Yesterday I was listening to a podcast by The Fat Burning Man, Abel James, and he was interviewing Jimmy Moore about NK. Google 'fat burning man Nutritional Ketosis, Trashing Your Scale, and the Dark Side of Protein'.

JM made a casual but surprising statement that Dr. Phinney leaned towards 1.0 to 1.5 grams per kg reference weight in the Long Term Stalls podcast. Um. No. He did not. At least not on mic or anywhere else that I've read or heard Phinney speak. Phinney did say that .8g/kg was too low for LC. But otherwise he said several times 1.5g to 2.0g in that podcast.

Jimmy hinted at it in a reply to an email that one of our thread participants sent him by saying that he had to tweak protein down and everyone needs to modify the NK guidelines to work for themselves. Well, duh. lol. But 1.0g to 2.0g is a heck of a difference from 1.5g to 2.0g.

I don't generally read JM's blog so I wonder if he ever mentioned this off-mic conversation with Phinney and the 1.0g to 1.5g that Phinney favors.

Between the two, Volek is the fitness guy so I wonder if the 1.5g to 2.0g comes from Volek with Phinney agreeing that setting a higher minimum and tweaking down is superior to setting, say, 1.0g and reductionist immediately tweaking down below safe levels, e.g. .8g/kg.

Another thing is that I have been doing my own mini-experiment with protein grams for the last 3 weeks or so.

As you know, but most of the newer people on the thread do not know, how I approach NK has evolved in the 8 months or so since I was first introduced to the concept. My approach now bears little resemblance to way back then because I spent a lot of time getting familiar with NK. About the only thing that is the same now as it was day one is the emphasis on a high fat macro.

Anyway, I say that to say this, I didn't start out at 1.5g/kg because when I started out there was no mention of the Living formula. Just the Performance formula which is based on BF% and LBM. I found the Optimal Diet formula and used that since it was based on height. The Performance formula bothered me because I'm not interested in a life long exercise habit or getting ripped or knowing my LBM and BF% to the nth degree. But LBM and BF% are critical components of the Performance formula so I used the OD formula that was mentioned way back then.

At some point I realized that while the thread intro used the 1.5g/kg formula I had never incorporated it into what I was doing. I'd been doing what I'd been doing for so long that it didn't even occur to me.

So, I started bumping my protein up to the 1.5g/kg. I still lost weight. Keep in mind, this is after my excursion into non-smoking and the 25 or so pounds I regained until I threw in the towel and resumed smoking. I'd put on a lot of fat.

Then I stalled and started bouncing up and down the same few pounds. Since I keep a spreadsheet on calories, grams, macro ratios and trailing weight it was easy to see that the increased protein was the biggest change in what I'd been doing. My protein grams had been around 1.38g/kg and I'd pushed them up to 1.5g/kg. When I average my grams for the month of October, until the day I went off plan and quit smoking, I was averaging 1.03g/kg. Back then I was still using the OD formula. In October my low weight was 186.2 just before I went off plan.

So I've been carefully doing my little self experiment lowering my protein back to about 1.3g/kg to see what would happen. Carbs remain about the same. I'd bumped my calories up a little so I've brought them back down to an average of about 2350 daily.

Calories are a bit of a challenge for me because when I say I am sedentary I mean OMG sedentary. The normal thinking is wow you slothful bump on a log you should eat really low calories or move your butt more. And I did that for a while, 1500 cals and even a bit lower, and stalled. When I pushed up to 2000 I started losing again and at 2300ish I lose. Other than possibly, undiagnosed, HBP I don't think I have any health issues.

With JM's remark about 1.0g to 1.5g I feel a whole lot better about pushing protein grams down and, frankly, a bit relieved to see that I was in the 1.0 to 1.5g range back in October by happenstance.

Last edited by reddarin; 03-29-2013 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 03-29-2013, 08:46 AM   #1517
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I heard Jillian say you need to get comfortable with being uncomfortable
I'd rephrase what she is saying. It isn't so much about getting comfortable with being uncomfortable as rethinking uncomfortable.

Particularly for us as metabolically challenged fat, or formerly fat, people.

Before LC/Wheat-free, I *had* to eat. If I didn't my uncomfortableness would transition into agony. Typically a pounding headache and a focus on getting something to eat that would drive out every other thought in my head. And when it got to that point, eating wouldn't end the headache.

After LC/Wheat-free, I found that I could go without eating, experience hunger and not experience the catastrophic consequences. I had to rethink what being uncomfortable meant. Finally, for the first time in decades being uncomfortable didn't result in misery.

Hooray for LC and wheat-free!!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #1518
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Joyone
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpingrachel View Post
My stats for the day,

1569 calories
127/81% Fat
40/2.5 Carbs
84/23% Protein.

81/23/2.5

Drank a diet pepsi mid afternoon, along with 8 glasses of water. Walked 1/2 hour with a friend. Took Potassium pill thought they were 99mg, looked and they are 530mg. Is that too much? Off to buy new magnesium as I have Natural Calm in the house and want a pill form.

Scales showed a 4 lb swing down, this must be the water weight swing you all have mentioned in previous posts.

Hoping we all have a good day. We finally are going to see 60 degree weather and the big bring yellow thing in the sky. SO HAPPY FOR THAT!
sorry if someone has already answered this...

you have to look at the % of daily value when using Potassium. I bought that 530mg version and only took one a day and was having heart palpitations all over the place and couldn't figure out why as I was having plenty of Potatssium...or so I thought! There is 530mg of whatever it is, but only 99mg of that is potassium! Legally no one can put more than 99mg (which is 3% of daily value) into a pill...so ignore what the mg's are and look at the value...that will tell you all you need to know! Now I take Potassium Citrate and it clearly notes "99mg" on the bottle.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:54 AM   #1519
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyone View Post
sorry if someone has already answered this...

you have to look at the % of daily value when using Potassium. I bought that 530mg version and only took one a day and was having heart palpitations all over the place and couldn't figure out why as I was having plenty of Potatssium...or so I thought! There is 530mg of whatever it is, but only 99mg of that is potassium! Legally no one can put more than 99mg (which is 3% of daily value) into a pill...so ignore what the mg's are and look at the value...that will tell you all you need to know! Now I take Potassium Citrate and it clearly notes "99mg" on the bottle.
I'm glad you posted. I thought that might be the case with actual potassium being much lower than the 500mg listed which is an aggregate of everything in the pill, fillers included.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #1520
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
Today's Plan: And I AM STICKING TO IT!

B: Coffee w/CO, HH and Stevia
L: 6oz Black Forest Ham, Cream Cheese and Dill Pickle Spears
S: Walnuts and Brie Cheese
D: LC Coleslaw and Shrimp

Water, Water and more Water.

74/21/5

Calories
Fat
Carbohydrate
Dietary Fiber
Protein
Old 03-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #1521
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
Today's Plan: And I AM STICKING TO IT!

B: Coffee w/CO, HH and Stevia
L: 6oz Black Forest Ham, Cream Cheese and Dill Pickle Spears
S: Walnuts and Brie Cheese
D: LC Coleslaw and Shrimp

Water, Water and more Water.

74/21/5

Calories
Fat
Carbohydrate
Dietary Fiber
Protein
You can do it Melisa!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #1522
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aiya
Stats: 220/192.8/180-174
WOE: LCHF/NK
Check in for me today

Yesterday's weight: 192.8
Today's weight: 191.4 woot woot

B: BP coffee with 2T kerrygold butter, 2T MCT oil
IF till dinner
D: 4oz Carnitas from Chilpolte, 2 cup baby spinach, 2 fried eggs in 1T butter, 1 avocado
S: ON double rich chocolate protein 30g, 2oz Kerrygold chedder cheese, 1 babybell cheese, 1T marscapone.

Works out to about 1750kcals

148g Fat 77%
85g Protein 25%
14g Carbs 3%

So good day, it takes me 2g over on fat, but I did a heavy workout today and let's hope that scale continues downward tomorrow. Have a great day all
Old 03-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #1523
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiya View Post
Check in for me today

Hooray!!!

Quote:
So good day, it takes me 2g over on fat,
Don't worry about small deviations. It is more of a horseshoes and hand grenades type thing. Close enough is good enough. As long as you are not consistently well under or well over you will be fine on average. If I get within 5 to 10g of mark on fat that is good. I've been trying to eat exact protein grams because of the little self-test I've been doing but outside of that, 5 to 10g one way or the other shouldn't be a problem unless, with protein, you are eating a very low amount because your reference weight is very low.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #1524
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Wahoo!!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #1525
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Yahoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post

Log for yesterday:

great!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #1526
Blabbermouth!!!

'Bout time you showed back up Cheryl. I'll call the state police and call off the search.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:19 PM   #1527
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
'Bout time you showed back up Cheryl. I'll call the state police and call off the search.
Ahh Did ya miss me???
OMG I am so not a city girl.
We went about 45 minutes away to an art museum for one of DH classes and he took me to Trader Joe's. It was nice but I think I will stick to the farmers markets round here. I cannot stand all the traffic and people. I cannot imagine living in a big city I think Mt. Airy is crowded, it was nothing to Winston. I'll stick to being a hillbilly.
Got me some kerrygold butter but it may have to last me.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:19 PM   #1528
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiya View Post
Check in for me today

B: BP coffee with 2T kerrygold butter, 2T MCT oil
IF till dinner
D: 4oz Carnitas from Chilpolte, 2 cup baby spinach, 2 fried eggs in 1T butter, 1 avocado
S: ON double rich chocolate protein 30g, 2oz Kerrygold chedder cheese, 1 babybell cheese, 1T marscapone.

Works out to about 1750kcals

148g Fat 77%
85g Protein 25%
14g Carbs 3%

So good day, it takes me 2g over on fat, but I did a heavy workout today and let's hope that scale continues downward tomorrow. Have a great day all
Hey, Great!!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #1529
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: helpingrachel
Stats: 167/ 162.4/140 5ft 8
Hi all!

Red- Congrats on the weight loss! I appreciated you sharing the podcast and information. I am soaking up the wisdom that is shared on this thread and podcast. . You shared.... "My approach now bears little resemblance to way back then because I spent a lot of time getting familiar with NK " that is how I am feeling. Such a paradigm shift in my thinking. Low fat to Full fat is going to take awhile to get used to. Nice downward tick on the scale. I am grateful that you are not "OMG sedentary" and you care enough about newbies and this community to give such profound advice and encouragement. It really means something so you rock in this low carb gym of NK knowledge.

Melissa- Way to stick to your plan, sounds yummy and on target.

Clueless: Congrats on seeing 156.6. Slow and steady wins the race.

Amanda: I hope that broth does the trick for you.

Aiya: Nice job on the menu and downward reward.

Merrykate: Broth before bed looks like the right combination. Wonder if you were up hitting the loo several times.

Joyone: Your reply was right on target. Wrong potassium ---it is 99mg with fillers. Back to health food store. Thanks for sharing!

Mizzcase: Hope you get some down time from school, I am intrigued by Mockfoni. I just wrote out a swiss rice casserole with cauliflower. I also used cauliflower to make a pizza crust. Good ideas to ward off those pesky taters/gluten/pasta.

robbelkk: You shared "I heard Jillian say you need to get comfortable with being uncomfortable"--I like this. I have a similar thought card that says "Hunger is not an emergency". Learning that just because I have that thought, I don't have to feed it. It's ok to feel hunger appropriately.

One of things that I love about this lifestyle is the fact I feel satisfied when I eat. Fat stays with you most of the day.

I was so extremely thirsty yesterday. I went and bought Himalayan salt and put it in my water. I just keep drinking and drinking.

Speaking of drinking, I like my red wine on the weekends. I can say that will be the biggest change I will have to endure. I heard Dr. Phinney say getting Keto adapted is like climbing a large sand dune, It is hard but once you get to the top, it is worth it. I don't want to start and stop this plan because I sense that it is NOT forgiving. Thoughts on this?

My numbers:
Weight: same
Fat 119
Pro. 76
Carb 42

67/21/11
cals 1417

I am off as I put some unsweetened coco in my coconut oil for a snack. Don't know if I should post sugar grams as I had no idea that contained sugar. I was ticked as I bought hormone free sausages from the natural grocer and they have 3 grams of sugar in them. I am now on alert to see the hidden sugars.

Last edited by helpingrachel; 03-29-2013 at 12:50 PM..
Old 03-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #1530
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Ahh Did ya miss me???
OMG I am so not a city girl.
We went about 45 minutes away to an art museum for one of DH classes and he took me to Trader Joe's. It was nice but I think I will stick to the farmers markets round here. I cannot stand all the traffic and people. I cannot imagine living in a big city I think Mt. Airy is crowded, it was nothing to Winston. I'll stick to being a hillbilly.
Got me some kerrygold butter but it may have to last me.
Any reports of a panicky 911 call to your state troopers has been grossly exaggerated

You could just have DH pick up the butter for you when he goes to town. Buffy's husband's excursion for butter was pretty dang funny.

Ugh. When I traveled several years ago I'd stay in some big cities with horrible traffic, like New York, Chicago, Houston, and man I swear I don't see how anyone could live in an area with traffic like that. Manhattan was at least somewhat sane since everyone walked or took taxis.
Closed Thread