Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #901
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
My hubby is snoozing again. I just put this note on his shirt.

"If you find this Grandpa please return to ... My address... No Reward!"

He is gonna kill me
lol

You should put the local YMCA's address

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #902
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sez0
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Hmmmm.

I'd try cutting down on protein a little and upping fat a little instead of drastic changes in both at one time.

Since your weight stabilized have you allowed carbs to creep up a bit? That could be the cause of your lack of satiety.

But. You've upped your protein. Eating extra protein could do that too since it is insulinogenic. It pushes up your insulin then you crash and feel like eating something sort of thing.

So, maybe back to your old levels of protein and add more good LC fats to satiety keeping an eye on the scale till you get a feel for the right level for the new you.

Could it be a combination of carb creep and extra protein causing the satiety issues?
Carbs and protein could be. I know I've been putting abit of whole milk in my tea as I don't drink it black. I think it might also be the extra protein since I've been having canned tuna ALOT past couple of months, sometimes 2 cans in a day. And when I'm hungry even after eating I always go for eggs hence more protein. I think I will try going for fat instead of protein when I'm hungry,see if it helps.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #903
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sez0 View Post
Carbs and protein could be. I know I've been putting abit of whole milk in my tea as I don't drink it black. I think it might also be the extra protein since I've been having canned tuna ALOT past couple of months, sometimes 2 cans in a day. And when I'm hungry even after eating I always go for eggs hence more protein. I think I will try going for fat instead of protein when I'm hungry,see if it helps.
Or choose a fatty protein instead of a super lean protein like the tuna.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #904
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb34
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasschus View Post
Friday weight: 199.1
Yesterday: 198.2
Ketones: 1.4

About an hour and a half after dinner my heart started pounding which is a sign of I've had too many carbs. It got worse and worse. Checked my blood sugar and it was103. High for me. Checked it a while later. 106. Kept going up. Not sure how high it got during sleep but this morning's fasting glucose was 112 which is pretty darn high for me.

....something went terribly wrong.
Quote:
Had... macaroni and cheese ....I really don't know the culprit. Last time my blood sugar went up but I blamed diet coke.
I may be wrong but I think the culprit for the too many carbs and heart pounding and long lasting elevated BG is right there waving at you....wheat and probably mega carbs ...
Old 03-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #905
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
I posted my menu for the day over on the main board, but I've added dark chocolate since then because shark week has started. I won't weigh myself until next week because I'm probably carrying some extra water weight right now.

Friday's numbers: 1600 calories, 134 g fat, 76 g protein, 40 carbs, 14 g fiber.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #906
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Yummm I finally made some good salad dressing. Dips mix, sour cream Bacon grease mayo, whipping cream and some lime.
Turned out pretty good.
I am trying to get all the soybean oils out. I am hopeful getting them out will help shrink my goiter some more.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #907
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb34 View Post
I may be wrong but I think the culprit for the too many carbs and heart pounding and long lasting elevated BG is right there waving at you....wheat and probably mega carbs ...
I figured she had some GF LC form of mac and cheese
Old 03-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #908
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dasschus
Stats: 250/195/145
WOE: HFLC/nutritional ketosis
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Oh no. Lol It's the recipe from the fat fast cookbook and uses shirataki noodles. Nice and low carb. But yeah...if I was eating pasta that would definitely be the culprit.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #909
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb34
Quote:
I figured she had some GF LC form of mac and cheese
Oh, I thought she had been at a restaurant for the fajitas...and had the mac n cheese there...oops.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #910
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh, I thought she had been at a restaurant for the fajitas...and had the mac n cheese there...oops.
No biggie
Old 03-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #911
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sez0 View Post
Do you like whipping cream in your tea? It only takes a tad bit.
Something that is good that Casey told us about. HWC in chicken broth, sometimes I add butter too. I could have it for lunch or snacks. It really makes you feel full. Taste like cream of chicken soup kinda.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #912
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamt View Post
but I've added dark chocolate since then because shark week has started.

They had some funny commercials a year or two ago for shark week
Old 03-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #913
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Do you like whipping cream in your tea? It only takes a tad bit.
Something that is good that Casey told us about. HWC in chicken broth, sometimes I add butter too. I could have it for lunch or snacks. It really makes you feel full. Taste like cream of chicken soup kinda.
Say, how much HWC do you use?
Old 03-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #914
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Say, how much HWC do you use?
I put a tablespoon In my Chicken Broth, and sometimes a TB of Butter if I need my fat. But the HWC is enough
Old 03-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #915
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh no. Lol It's the recipe from the fat fast cookbook and uses shirataki noodles. Nice and low carb. But yeah...if I was eating pasta that would definitely be the culprit.
I got some of those Miracle noodles and I was kinda skeered to try them. I finally opened the yesterday, mine smelled kinda fishy. My dog was all over me while I was trying to fix them. I musta botched it cause I couldn't eat them. Not sure if it was the smell or the chef.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #916
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DesertRose
Darin, have you tried one of those little stick inhalers? Works good for me when I get that pressure headache. Also works when my eyes start watering during allergy season. I keep those inhalers around the house and in the car at all times.

Myles, I don't remember if you've measured yourself or not. The scale seems to be the least informative with this diet. The 20 or so inches I've lost in 7 months is what has kept me here. I lost 2 lbs initially, gained that and maybe 4 more back. But the inches lost were steady. Now I'm just beginning to see the scale move. Scale #1 died, #2 and #3 went back to store, as they would vascilate so much, you had no idea what was real. #4 is great, you step on it and it tells you your weight right away, what a concept!

Have trouble measuring yourself? Keep a piece of masking tape on the end of your tapemeasure.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #917
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
Darin, have you tried one of those little stick inhalers? Works good for me when I get that pressure headache. Also works when my eyes start watering during allergy season. I keep those inhalers around the house and in the car at all times.

Myles, I don't remember if you've measured yourself or not. The scale seems to be the least informative with this diet. The 20 or so inches I've lost in 7 months is what has kept me here. I lost 2 lbs initially, gained that and maybe 4 more back. But the inches lost were steady. Now I'm just beginning to see the scale move. Scale #1 died, #2 and #3 went back to store, as they would vascilate so much, you had no idea what was real. #4 is great, you step on it and it tells you your weight right away, what a concept!

Have trouble measuring yourself? Keep a piece of masking tape on the end of your tapemeasure.
What is a stick inhaler?

That is a good point about measuring and taking measurements
Old 03-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #918
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JennyP
Stats: 303/296/150
Start Date: March 2013
Day 3 of FF today, down to 280.7!!

Back to normal tomorrow.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #919
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DesertRose
Darin, its a 3" plastic tube with a wick inside full of some sort of menthol, just like we used to rub on our chests when congested. You inhale through one nostril while holding the other shut. Then change sides. Opens up your sinus caveties or unclogs a stuffed nose. Costs less than $2 generally at any drug store, grocery store, or health store. If you have it on hand, eucalyptus oil on a hanky works just as good. Looks like a chapstick tube.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #920
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyP View Post

Back to normal tomorrow.
Congrats!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #921
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
Darin, its a 3" plastic tube with a wick inside full of some sort of menthol, just like we used to rub on our chests when congested. You inhale through one nostril while holding the other shut. Then change sides. Opens up your sinus caveties or unclogs a stuffed nose. Costs less than $2 generally at any drug store, grocery store, or health store. If you have it on hand, eucalyptus oil on a hanky works just as good. Looks like a chapstick tube.
Oh! Got it. I know what you are talking about
Old 03-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyP View Post

Back to normal tomorrow.
Wonderful
Old 03-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #923
Major LCF Poster!

Log for today

Calories 1805
Fat 120 67%
pro 99 25%
Carb 31 8%

Oppps
Should have planned my meals better. That dang 85% chocolate got me today. I had 3 squares
Old 03-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #924
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Hi everyone!
Wanted to report in on my run today- first one after starting NK on Monday. So I was day 5 in, under 30 grams carbs for 5 days and I licked off my usual 6 k run better than ever! No difference in energy at all in spite of the fact that I ran it fasted (over 13 hours fasted) completed the whole 40 minutes effortlessly and then had to rush off to a bunch of appointments and did not eat until 2 pm. Normally I would have had an english muffin with peanut butter prior and been starving for lunch very shortly after. This WOE is amazing!! I had a big salad with turkey, avocado, tomato, some bacon and vinagrette for lunch and was not hungry until about 8 pm tonight. I can't believe how great i feel. And I was down another 0.5 today- to 147.5. So thats 6 pounds in 5 days! (crazy)
I can't wait to see what the next month brings Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!
xoxo Ainsely
Old 03-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #925
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
Hi everyone!
Wanted to report in on my run today- first one after starting NK on Monday. So I was day 5 in, under 30 grams carbs for 5 days and I licked off my usual 6 k run better than ever! No difference in energy at all in spite of the fact that I ran it fasted (over 13 hours fasted) completed the whole 40 minutes effortlessly and then had to rush off to a bunch of appointments and did not eat until 2 pm. Normally I would have had an english muffin with peanut butter prior and been starving for lunch very shortly after. This WOE is amazing!! I had a big salad with turkey, avocado, tomato, some bacon and vinagrette for lunch and was not hungry until about 8 pm tonight. I can't believe how great i feel. And I was down another 0.5 today- to 147.5. So thats 6 pounds in 5 days! (crazy)
I can't wait to see what the next month brings Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!
xoxo Ainsely
That is amazing!!
Glad you are so happy and excited about this WOE.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #926
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Liz1959
That's great! I hope you start an Endurance/Performance thread in this section. It would be easier to follow your progress and I know others are interested. These long threads get rolled over and specific topics are hard to find.
How many grams of protein are you eating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
Hi everyone!
xoxo Ainsely
Old 03-15-2013, 11:38 PM   #927
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MerryKate
Stats: 252/196.5/150
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: April 2011
Quote:
I got some of those Miracle noodles and I was kinda skeered to try them. I finally opened the yesterday, mine smelled kinda fishy. My dog was all over me while I was trying to fix them. I musta botched it cause I couldn't eat them. Not sure if it was the smell or the chef.
Did you rinse them really well, microwave for 1 minute, rinse again and then cook them? If not, give them another try...and I recommend the tofu shiritake noodles instead. They're 1-2 carbs, but the texture difference is worth it. Allowing them to soak for a while in whatever sauce you're using helps, too.

OTOH, my japanese brother-in-law grew up eating them, and now won't touch them. He looks at me disbelievingly when I make mac n' cheese with them. They're not for everyone, I guess.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:21 AM   #928
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Myles
Quote:
Of course

Queue the purely anecdotal story of misery: When I did NDR back in the mid-90s, I followed his guidelines to the letter - including giving up coffee/caffeine. By the end of the second day I thought my head was going to explode lol. I made a strong pot of coffee and drank it all and drank a few cokes too. That was the end of my dalliance with giving up caffeine

I kept everything else about NDR though and lost about 20 pounds in that month that I followed it. I quit because I couldn't drink alcohol on NDR and, at the time, I drank a lot of alcohol.
I was fine yesterday, no issues, today however i woke up with a somewhat pounding headache. But maybe i just slept funny and my cpap was too tight.. but just incase I Tried salt, water, no luck, so i just took 2 ibuprofen. :/ I never drank A LOT of coffee, but i did have at least one right when i woke up and another later in the morning for the last 6 months or so

I decided to add back dairy, but have not had any yet

And the China trip may be off, not sure yet, but we are still going to indonesia for a few days for sure.

Quote:
JM was testing his blood ketones regularly. I think you need to do that too if you are going to try to adopt his eating pattern. Did he ever post his menus? I think he is waiting to do that till the one year mark. And he follows the Performance book's formula as far as I know so that is something else to look at implementing.

When you followed LC for months and got no results what calorie level and total carb level were you eating?
I tested this morning just for the hell of it - .2 - And like was said Jimmy only posted a breakfast, not his regular menus. I was also thinking of just eating...more at a meal, and then not eating again till i was "hungry" instead of routinely. However i will say since i wasn't able to track on Wed/Thu properly because of the trade show, i did not track yesterday as well. I am tired of tracking :P -

Last edited by Myles; 03-16-2013 at 04:28 AM..
Old 03-16-2013, 04:26 AM   #929
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryKate View Post
Did you rinse them really well, microwave for 1 minute, rinse again and then cook them? If not, give them another try...and I recommend the tofu shiritake noodles instead. They're 1-2 carbs, but the texture difference is worth it. Allowing them to soak for a while in whatever sauce you're using helps, too.

OTOH, my japanese brother-in-law grew up eating them, and now won't touch them. He looks at me disbelievingly when I make mac n' cheese with them. They're not for everyone, I guess.
Thanks MarryKate
No I just blanched them. I had to order those so if I find a deal I may give them another try.
I should have asked for tip from you guys before I tried them
Old 03-16-2013, 04:29 AM   #930
Major LCF Poster!

Weigh this am 160.4
Closed Thread