Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #871
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
I'm not sure. I haven't checked it in a while. I didn't have any headaches when it was scary high before though. Are headaches a common symptom?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2013, 07:00 AM   #872
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
I did my first fat fast yesterday. I was kind of hungry by the end of the day, but not so much that I couldn't power through it. Next time I do a fat fast I'm going to split up my calories into 2 meals and a snack. Trying to plan out what to eat for 5 meals was stressful and I never felt satiated.

Here's my food log for Thursday.

Breakfast - coffee with 1 tbsp coconut oil & 4 oz almond milk
Snack - 1 cup chicken broth with 1/2 tbsp butter
Lunch - 1 egg beaten with 2 tbsp softened mascarpone cheese and microwaved for about 60 seconds.
Snack - coffee with 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk and 1 tbsp coconut oil
Dinner - hard boiled egg with 1 tbsp mayo and 1 slice of cooked, crumbled bacon. I also included the bacon grease for extra fat.
Snack - 1 cup chicken broth with a tbsp of butter

1000 calories. 90% fat, 8.4% protein, and 2.5% carbs.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:00 AM   #873
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dasschus
Stats: 250/195/145
WOE: HFLC/nutritional ketosis
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Yehaw,,,today is h and my anniversary 17 great years.and I gave him a new wife today. From 2005 to 149.6...and finaly saw that 149.. Going to be a good day!
So many great things!! Very, very happy for you. Congratulations on hitting 149 and happy anniversary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Wow. Headache came back with a vengeance yesterday afternoon. Almost migraine level but no light sensitivity or motion sensitivity. I went to bed early as heck. I still have a little bit of it.
Ouch!! Darn headaches. Very sorry, red. That sucks. You feeling any better today?
Old 03-15-2013, 07:02 AM   #874
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Weigh-in this morning ... 199.3 so down a little

Horrah!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:07 AM   #875
Senior LCF Member

Friday weight: 199.1
Yesterday: 198.2
Ketones: 1.4

Hey, scale, you're going the wrong direction, dear.

Did really good yesterday but went to get fajita flameado for dinner. It's just beef fajita covered in queso. I brought some low carb tortillas. Ordered tea and brought my own liquid Splenda. Was soooo good.

About an hour and a half after dinner my heart started pounding which is a sign of I've had too many carbs. It got worse and worse. Checked my blood sugar and it was103. High for me. Checked it a while later. 106. Kept going up. Not sure how high it got during sleep but this morning's fasting glucose was 112 which is pretty darn high for me.

Not sure if I had a problem with the two low carb tortillas or maybe there was too much protein? Either way, something went terribly wrong. I think that may be my reason for a gain today. We'll see.

Happy Friday, everyone!

Kelly
Old 03-15-2013, 07:08 AM   #876
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Weigh-in this morning ... 199.3 so down a little

Any time the scale goes down is a time to celebrate.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:19 AM   #877
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasschus View Post
Friday weight: 199.1
Yesterday: 198.2
Ketones: 1.4

Hey, scale, you're going the wrong direction, dear.

Did really good yesterday but went to get fajita flameado for dinner. It's just beef fajita covered in queso. I brought some low carb tortillas. Ordered tea and brought my own liquid Splenda. Was soooo good.

About an hour and a half after dinner my heart started pounding which is a sign of I've had too many carbs. It got worse and worse. Checked my blood sugar and it was103. High for me. Checked it a while later. 106. Kept going up. Not sure how high it got during sleep but this morning's fasting glucose was 112 which is pretty darn high for me.

Not sure if I had a problem with the two low carb tortillas or maybe there was too much protein? Either way, something went terribly wrong. I think that may be my reason for a gain today. We'll see.

Happy Friday, everyone!

Kelly
How are you doing on calories Kelly? Are you eating enough? Are you drinking enough pure water?

Wow the flameado sounds really tasty. You've had it before there though right? Maybe they changed the marinade (more sugar or something) and the queso had some sort of wheat based thickener?
Old 03-15-2013, 07:46 AM   #878
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
How are you doing on calories Kelly? Are you eating enough? Are you drinking enough pure water?

Wow the flameado sounds really tasty. You've had it before there though right? Maybe they changed the marinade (more sugar or something) and the queso had some sort of wheat based thickener?
Calories should have been pretty good but I didn't calculate them. Had eggs, bacon, macaroni and cheese with a little chicken, and then the fajitas. They're supposed to be low carb so I really don't know the culprit. I have has them before. Quite a few times, actually. Last time my blood sugar went up but I blamed diet coke. In the past I've eaten them and still lost weight but I didn't have the crazy heartbeat. Didn't have a blood glucose meter either. It would be kind of a bummer not to get to have them anymore. Guess I could make it at home.

I drank a LOT of water yesterday.

I may experiment with a tortilla when I order some more glucose strips. I've got one left!

Last edited by dasschus; 03-15-2013 at 08:09 AM..
Old 03-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #879
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles View Post
I have no way of knowing truly because the lunch was so random, and i had no way of counting it. Impossible to know for sure!

Maybe i should do the fat fast, im going to start reading about it tonight.

I've done south beach before, and weight watchers - never looked into the others.

As for hitting the gym and eating healthy - i dont know WTH healthy even means anymore.
The preliminary requirement for any way of eating is that it is feasible within the context of your life situation. Right?

LC is healthy and a great way to lose weight but if you cannot stay within the framework of its strictures then it absolutely cannot work. And so far you have said that it is impossible to do LC because of job requirements.

My point about your exact calories, carbs, protein and fat was that you didn't know but you did say you over ate peanuts which are not LC friendly in quantity and 'too much' is not very much where nuts are concerned with LC. But you framed your larger question, in that post, as juxtaposing doing LC 'correctly' and what should be modified to produce results.

If LC doesn't fit your life it will fail. Simple as that.

The question is, going forward, can you make your life fit LC? So far, the answer is no. If that is the right answer, if you really cannot accommodate LC living, then you have to acknowledge that and adopt a way of eating that promotes weight loss and fits your life.

I did WW when I was around 250 pounds several years ago and I was very pleased with how flexible the points system was. They have an online presence so you do not need to go to meetings or anything and you can track your points easily at their website. My impression was that if you are really fat, like I was and you are, the plan is very, very easy to follow and you will get results.

I have no personal experience with South Beach or the other woes but I understand that they are flexible, like WW, and for you right now flexible is a prime ingredient for your success.

As for exercise and healthy eating, lots of people are very successful with that mixture using mainstream ideology for what is construed as healthy food. And it is super flexible.

You are impatient for immediate results. I am saying do something that will give you what you seek by adopting a way of eating that recognizes your life situation and helps foster success.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #880
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Myles
Quote:
The preliminary requirement for any way of eating is that it is feasible within the context of your life situation. Right?

LC is healthy and a great way to lose weight but if you cannot stay within the framework of its strictures then it absolutely cannot work. And so far you have said that it is impossible to do LC because of job requirements.

My point about your exact calories, carbs, protein and fat was that you didn't know but you did say you over ate peanuts which are not LC friendly in quantity and 'too much' is not very much where nuts are concerned with LC. But you framed your larger question, in that post, as juxtaposing doing LC 'correctly' and what should be modified to produce results.

If LC doesn't fit your life it will fail. Simple as that.

The question is, going forward, can you make your life fit LC? So far, the answer is no. If that is the right answer, if you really cannot accommodate LC living, then you have to acknowledge that and adopt a way of eating that promotes weight loss and fits your life.

I did WW when I was around 250 pounds several years ago and I was very pleased with how flexible the points system was. They have an online presence so you do not need to go to meetings or anything and you can track your points easily at their website. My impression was that if you are really fat, like I was and you are, the plan is very, very easy to follow and you will get results.

I have no personal experience with South Beach or the other woes but I understand that they are flexible, like WW, and for you right now flexible is a prime ingredient for your success.

As for exercise and healthy eating, lots of people are very successful with that mixture using mainstream ideology for what is construed as healthy food. And it is super flexible.

You are impatient for immediate results. I am saying do something that will give you what you seek by adopting a way of eating that recognizes your life situation and helps foster success.
I don't think its impossible to do LC, but i think its very difficult because i have to travel so much for work. Especially with my upcoming trip to Indonesia and China.

I said i overate peanuts because i know peanuts aren't LC friendly in excess. I had around half a cup, which is 12 carbs - they aren't THAT bad, but i still shouldn't have had them, but i had nothing else.

I have made my life fit LC to the best of my ability except for when i cheated on a sales trip and had a piece of pie and some rice, that was was dumb of me, but after it was done i went in the right direction and got back on track. Other than that, and the peanuts ive stuck to the plan, and eaten LCHF at home, and just LC on the road when i couldnt find fat.

When i've done WW in the past, i was always hungry, and honestly... a guy my size, when i do a diet plan, any diet plan, i should be losing weight, cuz i am huge. Maybe i need to be like JM and reduce the protein. He was close to the same size as me when he started his NK experiments and lowered his protein to under 100g per day and started losing.

Yes i am impatient for results, but they don't have to be immediate, but ive been doing this long enough that i should have had SOME results, and i dont just mean this time recently, i mean when ive done it before for months at a time without falter. I know that it's not good to be impatient, but im not sure what i can do about that, that's why im trying these "experiments" first no dairy, now no coffee.. maybe next add back dairy and reduce protein.. I duno dude, i just want to be less enormous, damn ;/

I know you're (and probably everyone else too) are tired of my bitc*ing, and im not trying to be negative about it although i know it appears that way, im just so fed up and frustrated and i have kind of lost my mind over this lately.

Last edited by Myles; 03-15-2013 at 08:56 AM..
Old 03-15-2013, 09:23 AM   #881
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm not sure. I haven't checked it in a while. I didn't have any headaches when it was scary high before though. Are headaches a common symptom?
Yes, headaches can be really bad when your BP is too high.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #882
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I don't think its impossible to do LC, but i think its very difficult because i have to travel so much for work. Especially with my upcoming trip to Indonesia and China.

I said i overate peanuts because i know peanuts aren't LC friendly in excess. I had around half a cup, which is 12 carbs - they aren't THAT bad, but i still shouldn't have had them, but i had nothing else.

I have made my life fit LC to the best of my ability except for when i cheated on a sales trip and had a piece of pie and some rice, that was was dumb of me, but after it was done i went in the right direction and got back on track. Other than that, and the peanuts ive stuck to the plan, and eaten LCHF at home, and just LC on the road when i couldnt find fat.

When i've done WW in the past, i was always hungry, and honestly... a guy my size, when i do a diet plan, any diet plan, i should be losing weight, cuz i am huge. Maybe i need to be like JM and reduce the protein. He was close to the same size as me when he started his NK experiments and lowered his protein to under 100g per day and started losing.

Yes i am impatient for results, but they don't have to be immediate, but ive been doing this long enough that i should have had SOME results, and i dont just mean this time recently, i mean when ive done it before for months at a time without falter. I know that it's not good to be impatient, but im not sure what i can do about that, that's why im trying these "experiments" first no dairy, now no coffee.. maybe next add back dairy and reduce protein.. I duno dude, i just want to be less enormous, damn ;/

I know you're (and probably everyone else too) are tired of my bitc*ing, and im not trying to be negative about it although i know it appears that way, im just so fed up and frustrated and i have kind of lost my mind over this lately.
If I came off too gruff I blame the headache, mild as it is at this point.

It isn't the complaining. Every post is about immediate results. You say yourself that LC is not and has not provided that. If your one burning desire is results now then what does it mean to keep plugging away at a plan that is impossible to stick to and is not providing the feedback you so desire? And, impossible is the correct term Myles. You couldn't eat at the show and you were starving. You had a hard time on the sales trip and you ate pie and rice. That isn't 'difficult' that is 'impossible'. If your milieu of available food choices precludes staying on plan, which includes eating enough, then the plan is not workable. Worse than that the plan has so far failed to produce results even though you characterize your off plan excursions as minimal.

I respond only to the facts that you present here. You want visible progress. LC is not and has not provided that. Other plans can and other plans can do it without putting you in a position where you have to cheat or starve.

And I am not saying anything that I wouldn't do myself. If I were in your position with your work conditions with your desire for visible progress I would abandon LC in the blink of an eye to try a plan that I can work with that fits my situation. I'm not passing moral judgement on you.

JM was testing his blood ketones regularly. I think you need to do that too if you are going to try to adopt his eating pattern. Did he ever post his menus? I think he is waiting to do that till the one year mark. And he follows the Performance book's formula as far as I know so that is something else to look at implementing.

When you followed LC for months and got no results what calorie level and total carb level were you eating?
Old 03-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #883
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Joyone
Hi all!

I have been lurking and learning for a while...have been doing NK and BPC for about a week now and this is the fastest I have ever seen myself shrinking!

I did have a very tough week as I have had strong heart palpitations and huge anxiety - which I never get. I found many get this from coconut and mct oil which i think are key to my losing so fast, so I was SO sad. But then this morning I found online someone who cured this by taking more potassium..and then I remember Dr. Eades makes a huge point about that.

I took 5 of the 99mg potassium pills and within five minutes - everything was GONE. No palpitations or anxiety. JOY.

I also read this helps with carb flu and headaches as well, so really wanted to put his out there for others who may have these symptoms and feel they have to give up this woe.

Anyway, I just posted what I have been doing daily on the protein power board and thought I would repeat here...I love reading what everyone does exactly! :-) Thanks to all who post here - you have been SO helpful and I finally am losing weight EASILY!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8am: Bulletproof Coffee/Cocoa
8oz hot water (for cocoa) or hot coffee
2T kerry gold unsalted butter
1T spectrum coconut oil
1T now mct oil
1tsp hershey's unsweetened cocoa
pink himalayan salt
stevia to taste (i love english toffee)
throw it all into a preheated blender (put hot tap into it for a few minutes, then dump and add hot coffee), blend for 2 minutes and drink up

10am: Bulletproof Coffee/Cocoa
(only if I am hungry - the longer I am on this diet, the less often I need this cup...just not hungry!)

11am: Breakfast
3 sausage links or bacon strips
2 fried eggs cooked in the drippings
1/3 cup sauteed spinach with lots of butter and pink himalayan salt

2pm: Bulletproof Coffee/Cocoa
(only if hungry - which I usually am)

5 or 6pm: Dinner
5oz or so of chicken/steak/pork chops etc.
1/2cup of sauteed spinach or other veggie - lots of butter and salt
sauce made from drippings of protein with two tablespoons of homemade mayo mixed with immersion blender until it emulsifies into a sauce

7 or 8pm: Bulletproof Cocoa or Fat Bomb
(only if hungry - I rarely have this anymore if you can believe it...just not interested or hungry...SO happy to be finally free from cravings!!! :-)

Time saving tips I use:
Fat Bombs: I pour the melted mixture into mini ice cube trays (tucking chopped salted macadamia nuts and little bits of chocolate (kerry butter/hershey's unsweetened and stevia then freeze and cut) into each one to keep portion control regulated, then freeze and store in large baggie

Bulletproof Coffee/Cocoa (BPC):
I premake ghee/coconut oil cubes for my BPC, so I can just grab a cube every time I need one and no measuring! I melt four packages of unsalted kerry gold butter in large pot and make ghee (skimming solids off top). Then I strain through cheesecloth into another pot and while it is still hot I stir in one full jar of spectrum virgin coconut oil. I stir until combined and then pour into 2- 14 slot ice cube trays...carefully as they will be very full - and refrigerate. Once they are solid I slice them out of the trays and store in a baggie. This makes 28 cubes with each having approx 2T of ghee and 1T of coconut oil.

APPROXIMATE CALORIES (if I eat all the above): 2415 cals
PROTEIN: 76g
85% Fat
13% Protein
4% Carb

Last edited by Joyone; 03-15-2013 at 10:23 AM.. Reason: adding in approx calories and %
Old 03-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #884
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Joyone! Nice ta meet ya

Thanks for sharing. That is some great info.
Hadn't thought of using the potassium like that. Very smart.

Thanks for shaing the menus too. I am always looking for ideas.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #885
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Myles
Quote:
If I came off too gruff I blame the headache, mild as it is at this point.

It isn't the complaining. Every post is about immediate results. You say yourself that LC is not and has not provided that. If your one burning desire is results now then what does it mean to keep plugging away at a plan that is impossible to stick to and is not providing the feedback you so desire? And, impossible is the correct term Myles. You couldn't eat at the show and you were starving. You had a hard time on the sales trip and you ate pie and rice. That isn't 'difficult' that is 'impossible'. If your milieu of available food choices precludes staying on plan, which includes eating enough, then the plan is not workable. Worse than that the plan has so far failed to produce results even though you characterize your off plan excursions as minimal.

I respond only to the facts that you present here. You want visible progress. LC is not and has not provided that. Other plans can and other plans can do it without putting you in a position where you have to cheat or starve.

And I am not saying anything that I wouldn't do myself. If I were in your position with your work conditions with your desire for visible progress I would abandon LC in the blink of an eye to try a plan that I can work with that fits my situation. I'm not passing moral judgement on you.

JM was testing his blood ketones regularly. I think you need to do that too if you are going to try to adopt his eating pattern. Did he ever post his menus? I think he is waiting to do that till the one year mark. And he follows the Performance book's formula as far as I know so that is something else to look at implementing.

When you followed LC for months and got no results what calorie level and total carb level were you eating?
Salt not helping the headache?

I never thought of the plan as not workable, i just thought of it as not being ideally followed on the road and doing the best i could with the circumstances was better than going off completely. The pie and rice, those werent just off plan, those were a stupid mistake that i should not have made. At home its no problem tho. Am i wrong for wanting visible progress? Isn't that what we all want? I really like the LC way of eating and dont want to abandon it, especially because when i've gone back and eaten carbs they make me feel sh1tty.

I had tested blood ketones for a few weeks but stopped because they were always .2 - .4 and it wasnt changing. I could never find his menus, i only found one breakfast he posted. Yep i'm still plugging away reading the performance book slowly but surely.

In the past when i've followed LC i did not track, a la 70s atkins, so i already know what you have to say about that :P

Last edited by Myles; 03-15-2013 at 10:04 AM..
Old 03-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #886
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sez0
Hello I'm Sarah. I wanted to ask something. I have been low carb for a year now. I wasn't over weight when I started but it definitely helped me to tone up and lose the little 'wheat belly' I had. I am at a weight where I am very happy with my body and do not want to gain any weight. My question is if I eat this way 80/15/5, would it make me gain weight?

The reason I want to eat like this is because I love fat, I do great overall with it for my mood when I eat high fat. Before on low carb I was eating fat but also lot of protein so I want to change that, my only concern is if it will make me gain any weight?

I'm 24yro if that makes any difference.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #887
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I never thought of the plan as not workable, i just thought of it as not being ideally followed on the road and doing the best i could with the circumstances was better than going off completely. The pie and rice, those werent just off plan, those were a stupid mistake that i should not have made. At home its no problem tho. Am i wrong for wanting visible progress? Isn't that what we all want? I really like the LC way of eating and dont want to abandon it, especially because when i've gone back and eaten carbs they make me feel sh1tty.

I had tested blood ketones for a few weeks but stopped because they were always .2 - .4 and it wasnt changing. I could never find his menus, i only found one breakfast he posted. Yep i'm still plugging away reading the performance book slowly but surely.

In the past when i've followed LC i did not track, a la 70s atkins, so i already know what you have to say about that :P
Jumping in here, if it's ok.

JM hasn't posted menus but he did post a breakfast he had. Sausage, eggs with sour cream and cheese and some sf sweet chili sauce. As of now he says his hunger guides his meals and he's typically only eating once or twice a day.

Testing ketones to get them in the right range will probably be of help to you. If they're that low, then something isn't just right and needs to be tweaked. Carbs lower? Protein lower?

The performance guideline is .6-1gram per pound of LEAN body mass. So you would have to know that number. I'm sure there's a formula somewhere. But it also says that you may need to change your numbers based on your ketone testing.

It's a learning process, Myles. You're not failing....you're learning what works for you. Experiment. I don't think coffee is going to make a big difference but who knows?

Don't give up! Don't be discouraged! Perhaps even do the fat fast for a week to dive into deep ketosis.

Hang in there, buddy.

Kelly
Old 03-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #888
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

No dang it. Salt, potassium, magnesium don't seem to be affecting it.

I'll probably end up taking some sort of analgesic. Yesterday I held off till I laid down at about 7pm and took 3 low dose chewable aspirins.

Let me tell you what, *that* is commitment. Bad as my head hurt yesterday I didn't want to jeopardize a good scale reading by taking headache type OTC stuff that might distract my liver and kidneys from burning fat lol.

I doubt I repeat that today though. Screw the scale.

Ah. Now it occurs to me that not taking something could be as bad as taking something because of cortisol and body stress from the pain. Danged if you do and danged if you don't. Which means that taking something wins because at least that way compromising weight loss won't be accompanied by a banging headache. So, take that body! I win. Like the doc getting his calf chopped off when he got bitten.

We all want visible progress. The question is at what cost? I've been bobbing along here at Lake 200 for a couple of weeks now and it bugs me but not enough to try the rapids over at JUDDD river. Or decamp to the South Beach. But my thing is more about health than weight loss as much as I want to lose weight. And LC is health with weight loss on the side from my perspective.

Tweak away. When you go to China you will stay in a western hotel? Bunless burgers and steaks will be available I reckon. Eating LC on the economy will be a feat I think. Asian food is not really meat-centric and the rest of it is carby as all get out. Even the meat marinades are sugary for the most part.

You could get a notepad and observe patrons at a local chinese buffet. Like Kramer in the men's shower
Old 03-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #889
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
. Like Kramer in the men's shower
Old 03-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #890
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sez0 View Post
Hello I'm Sarah. I wanted to ask something. I have been low carb for a year now. I wasn't over weight when I started but it definitely helped me to tone up and lose the little 'wheat belly' I had. I am at a weight where I am very happy with my body and do not want to gain any weight. My question is if I eat this way 80/15/5, would it make me gain weight?

The reason I want to eat like this is because I love fat, I do great overall with it for my mood when I eat high fat. Before on low carb I was eating fat but also lot of protein so I want to change that, my only concern is if it will make me gain any weight?

Glad you joined us!

Wow, all the sudden I have spell check. Yahoo!
Don't know where that came from but I need it
Old 03-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #891
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Glad you joined us!

Wow, all the sudden I have spell check. Yahoo!
Don't know where that came from but I need it
Thank you for the welcome

I was wondering if you could share your thoughts on my question? I'd really appreciate the help
Old 03-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #892
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyone View Post
Hi all!

I have been lurking and learning for a while...have been doing NK and BPC for about a week now and this is the fastest I have ever seen myself shrinking!

I did have a very tough week as I have had strong heart palpitations and huge anxiety - which I never get. I found many get this from coconut and mct oil which i think are key to my losing so fast, so I was SO sad. But then this morning I found online someone who cured this by taking more potassium..and then I remember Dr. Eades makes a huge point about that.

I took 5 of the 99mg potassium pills and within five minutes - everything was GONE. No palpitations or anxiety. JOY.
Hi Welcome to our thread

That is great information! And good job on shrinking!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #893
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thank you for the welcome

I was wondering if you could share your thoughts on my question? I'd really appreciate the help
Well I don't really know a lot but I will tell you what I think. I think that this WOE is the macdaddy.
I love it and I think that I will do it from now on.

I would think you could easily eat like this and maintain your weight. If I were you I would just play with the number of calories and see where I need to be.
Took me a few weeks to really get into NK but once you do you feel it.
I am never really tempted to cheat, even if people are sitting in front of me eating GF desserts. I don't want to feel bad so I don't want them.

I think that if you add in plenty of fat you can sustain your current weight and be happy and feel great.
I know they mention maintaining your weight on NK in the art and science book. I haven't finished it yet but I saw that mentioned.

I would recommend it to anyone
Old 03-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #894
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Seinfeld's writers were the masters of setting up a laugh and then knocking it out of the ballpark.

Kramer taking notes: 'ooooh yeah, nice technique!'
Menacing guy off camera: 'Hey buddy!'
Kramer: 'just a second and I'll be with you!'
Kramer watching some other guy: 'uh huh!, that looks good'.

Next day: Kramer with a black eye.

I laughed till I cried.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #895
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasschus View Post
Jumping in here, if it's ok.
Of course
Quote:
I don't think coffee is going to make a big difference but who knows?
Queue the purely anecdotal story of misery: When I did NDR back in the mid-90s, I followed his guidelines to the letter - including giving up coffee/caffeine. By the end of the second day I thought my head was going to explode lol. I made a strong pot of coffee and drank it all and drank a few cokes too. That was the end of my dalliance with giving up caffeine

I kept everything else about NDR though and lost about 20 pounds in that month that I followed it. I quit because I couldn't drink alcohol on NDR and, at the time, I drank a lot of alcohol.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #896
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Hi Sarah

I wouldn't change anything about what you are doing - just eat more fat calories to stabilize your current weight.

The protein 'window' can be pretty big as far as what is right for you.

Are you still losing weight and want to get off the elevator sort of thing?
Old 03-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #897
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi Sarah

I wouldn't change anything about what you are doing - just eat more fat calories to stabilize your current weight.

Red can put it so much better than I can
This would be easy and you could just tweak it as you go.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #898
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Seinfeld's writers were the masters of setting up a laugh and then knocking it out of the ballpark.

Kramer taking notes: 'ooooh yeah, nice technique!'
Menacing guy off camera: 'Hey buddy!'
Kramer: 'just a second and I'll be with you!'
Kramer watching some other guy: 'uh huh!, that looks good'.

Next day: Kramer with a black eye.

I laughed till I cried.

Kramer may have been the best character ever.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #899
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Sarah

I appreciate the help. I am not losing weight anymore, it stabilized a few months ago. I just have been having a bit of difficulty feeling satiated lately and I find that I've been eating more than usual including lot more protein to fill up but I've noticed it's making me a tad soft on my stomach and thighs area and I don't want that so I though if I cut down on protein a lot and really up my fat, will that make a difference?
Old 03-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #900
Major LCF Poster!

My hubby is snoozing again. I just put this note on his shirt.

"If you find this Grandpa please return to ... My address... No Reward!"

He is gonna kill me
Closed Thread