Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb34
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolash View Post
a lot of stuff is hard to find in canada, i searched the dealers from that other salt thing and couldnt find a canadian one, but are these things from health food stores?
I get Powerade Zero at No Frills, 6 pack

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernsy View Post
People following Atkins seem to believe that you eat above your BMR by 200/300 cals in order to lose. Just doesn't make sense. Don't you need a deficit? or not when you are low carbing??
I'd ask someone that has recommended BMR as a guideline for weight loss Bernsy. I haven't done that since September I think. I do not know what they are talking about or why they are proposing it.

Yes, you need a deficit to lose weight.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Oh! Casey has said many times that she uses Power Aid Zero (I think) to keep her electrolytes stable. You could do something like that too Myles.
1-2 grape Powerade Zeros and a cube of chicken bouillon broth w/3T HWC... rarely ever get low carb flu with this combo.

Hi everyone! Just busy and dealing with some stomach issues-- stress to an extent, nuts as well I think. I was relying on them so much, I think I've developed an intolerance. Also have ditched the dairy and feel great.

Felt awful all week (low energy all day, sleeping in my car between classes, etc).. so I changed my breakfast to a fruit smoothie (1 banana, handful each of strawberries and blueberries, almond milk), plus a handful of nuts after. No blood sugar crash and stable energy all day. Gonna ditch the nuts and just add some coconut milk or sunflower seed butter to the shake itself...

Haven't been counting macros or calories, just don't want to deal with the micromanagement. I've also been seeing some ED tendencies as far as counting and tracking is concerned, so I've ditched that. Also ditched weighing myself. Preventative measures.

STILL eating high fat and besides the fruit in the morning, haven't really eaten carby things besides veggies, etc. Lunch today was half a head of cabbage fried with/ 6 strips of bacon and an onion. Extra bacon grease. So good.

Have a good weekend all!

Last edited by mizzcase; 03-01-2013 at 12:44 PM..
Old 03-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
heh Buzzzzzzz You have failed the man test!
So, what is the right answer to the man test? Is there a right answer? I can ask this anonymously cause you can see me blush
Old 03-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dasschus
Stats: 250/195/145
WOE: HFLC/nutritional ketosis
Start Date: February 2013
Oops!! I posted a link to a product I used earlier. Didn't realize that wasn't allowed. Sorry, guys!

Kelly
Old 03-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasschus View Post
Oops!! I posted a link to a product I used earlier. Didn't realize that wasn't allowed. Sorry, guys!

Kelly
I did it too once by accident...NP here.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb34 View Post
So, what is the right answer to the man test? Is there a right answer? I can ask this anonymously cause you can see me blush
Oh, you missed my answer post last night in the other thread.

The answer is....

The first urinal closest to the door. That way you do not have to walk past the inconsiderate dummy that parked himself at the wrong spot.

If the sinks are right up against the first urinal then the correct answer is the last urinal.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi MC

Old 03-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

oh, I see multiple choice...something very similar goes on in the ladies...always keep an empty stall between you and the next, unless the place is packed out and then pretend you are alone...

now back to the regularly scheduled program..
Old 03-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amandacj08
It's my hubby's birthday and we are going out to dinner. :eek. I am trying to prepare by looking at the menu online. It's called white house grill and serves Greek. I think we will get the Sarmisak appetizer and not eat the bread, and I'll do the Tara Caesar topped with garlic chicken sautée and no croutons. For dessert we will have oopsie cream puffs instead of cake and I may throw some berries on there. I hope that this will keep me on plan but still allow us to have a nice dinner out and enjoy his birthday without feeling like we are focusing too much on what we can and can't have.

Scale was down to 192.6 this am (still up a little from Monday but trending back down).

Hope everyone is having a nice day! Things have still be hard at work this week but I'm hoping it gets better by mid-next week.

Last edited by amandacj08; 03-01-2013 at 01:03 PM..
Old 03-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pibble mama
Stats: 289.6/283/175!!
WOE: NK newbie!
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Hi Melisa Welcome back

Numbers look about right. Any health issues or Rx meds?

I'm not convinced that a fat fast hurries the process along. Eating 25 or 30 total grams of carbs is not going to delay keto-adaptation in any measurable manner I think.

But!! I love fat fast for other reasons. It is a great way to turn the page and put your foot down. It is a physical manifestation of your mental decision to change what you are doing and *that* makes it a very good tool for kick starting LC/NK.

Either way is fine I reckon
I like using the recipes from the book to eat by! Just have to add extra protein!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandacj08 View Post
It's my hubby's birthday and we are going out to dinner. :eek. I am trying to prepare by looking at the menu online. It's called white house grill and serves Greek. I think we will get the Sarmisak appetizer and not eat the bread, and I'll do the Tara Caesar topped with garlic chicken sautée and no croutons. For dessert we will have oopsie cream puffs instead of cake and I may throw some berries on there. I hope that this will keep me on plan but still allow us to have a nice dinner out and enjoy his birthday without feeling like we are focusing too much on what we can and can't have.

Scale was down to 192.6 this am (still up a little from Monday but trending back down).

Hope everyone is having a nice day! Things have still be hard at work this week but I'm hoping it gets better by mid-next week.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUBBY!
Old 03-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandacj08 View Post

Congrats!!

Happy Birthday to your husband!

Lots of sauces and marinades on their stuff so that might be something to watch out for.

The Souvlaki (lamb kebobs) look interesting without the rice. Maybe sub some steamed cauliflower or broccoli.

Um. Roasted garlic appetizer for the special night???
Old 03-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Hey everybody. Sorry I am late.
The thread looks awesome Red

"This is not a very low calorie thread." Nice

Myles hope you feeling better.

Red, While your brushin us up on bathroom etiquette, got any tips on teaching 3 yr olds to not to pp all over the place.

Last edited by Clueless; 03-01-2013 at 01:38 PM..
Old 03-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
1-2 grape Powerade Zeros and a cube of chicken bouillon broth w/3T HWC... rarely ever get low carb flu with this combo.

Hi everyone! Just busy and dealing with some stomach issues-- stress to an extent, nuts as well I think. I was relying on them so much, I think I've developed an intolerance. Also have ditched the dairy and feel great.

Felt awful all week (low energy all day, sleeping in my car between classes, etc).. so I changed my breakfast to a fruit smoothie (1 banana, handful each of strawberries and blueberries, almond milk), plus a handful of nuts after. No blood sugar crash and stable energy all day. Gonna ditch the nuts and just add some coconut milk or sunflower seed butter to the shake itself...

Haven't been counting macros or calories, just don't want to deal with the micromanagement. I've also been seeing some ED tendencies as far as counting and tracking is concerned, so I've ditched that. Also ditched weighing myself. Preventative measures.

STILL eating high fat and besides the fruit in the morning, haven't really eaten carby things besides veggies, etc. Lunch today was half a head of cabbage fried with/ 6 strips of bacon and an onion. Extra bacon grease. So good.

Have a good weekend all!
Sorry you are having so much tummy trouble.
man that cabbage sounds good.
I am gonna see if I have som cabbage
Old 03-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Old 03-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post

Red, While your brushin us up on bathroom etiquite got any tips on teaching 3 yr olds to not to pp all over the place.

There is only one solution but it is probably worse than the problem. Make the child into a conscientious germophobe and your issues with aim will be over forever
Old 03-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amandacj08
Quote:
Congrats!!

Happy Birthday to your husband!

Lots of sauces and marinades on their stuff so that might be something to watch out for.

The Souvlaki (lamb kebobs) look interesting without the rice. Maybe sub some steamed cauliflower or broccoli.

We both love garlic...so no issues there! Actually the whole reason people go there is because they use copious amount of garlic...you can smell the deliciousness from the hwy!
Old 03-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

There is only one solution but it is probably worse than the problem. Make the child into a conscientious germophobe and your issues with aim will be over forever
I have only known one kid like that. Me. When I was a kid I would wash my hands to the point of OCD.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TeamRedrac
I am starting NK. I will be testing with the blood meter as soon as I get it figured out. Looking forward to reading all your posts

Friday 3/1/13-140
Old 03-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamRedrac View Post
I am starting NK. I will be testing with the blood meter as soon as I get it figured out. Looking forward to reading all your posts

Friday 3/1/13-140
Hi Welcome to our thread
Old 03-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I have only known one kid like that. Me. When I was a kid I would wash my hands to the point of OCD.
Right? Remember that scene in The Aviator where he washed his hands till they bled? I've never done that but my hands have gotten so dried out and cracked from too much hand washing that they bled.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pibble mama
Stats: 289.6/283/175!!
WOE: NK newbie!
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:

Friday 3/1/13-140
You'll love! These guys are all so nice and helpful!!

I got my meter yesteday...i think it came with 2 strips! so that means i need to get some! Are they different than reg. blood meter strips? ikes....the $$ for them...but i like to "see" data so...
I'm a lil skeered of pricking my finger...not big on blood or needles!

I have eaten dinner already and was supposed to go out for a drink with friends...i figured that dirty martini (xtra oliver for the fat! ) and I still have 400 cals left to get to my food...i DON'T want anything else! lol...i am not hungry. I don't have any more hwc (i COULD go to the store...)
and it is FREEZING here!! lol
Old 03-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Myles
Quote:
Looks to me like you are doing just fine where sodium is concerned without having to resort to salt pills Myles.
oh i thought i needed 5000 MG per day and that food thingy was like 4000 and lower mostly
Old 03-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Friday 3/1/13-140
Welcome! you wont look forward to what i post LOL!
Old 03-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
oh i thought i needed 5000 MG per day and that food thingy was like 4000 and lower mostly
It is 5g per day but more like horseshoes and hand grenades.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

the Cheryl, i'm thinking i am getting better and better.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It is 5g per day but more like horseshoes and hand grenades.
5g = 5000mg homie so getting 4000ish vs 5000ish is negligible?
Old 03-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
5g = 5000mg homie so getting 4000ish vs 5000ish is negligible?
heh I know

Yes, I think so. It is going to be a range because how much water you shed, which is where all the salt is going, is going to fluctuate. If you feel strange or get headaches then you are probably a bit short on sodium/potassium/magnesium.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Right? Remember that scene in The Aviator where he washed his hands till they bled? I've never done that but my hands have gotten so dried out and cracked from too much hand washing that they bled.
Wow, there are others out there
I used to get up and wash my hands in my sleep.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
the Cheryl, i'm thinking i am getting better and better.
So glad to hear it
Closed Thread