Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pibble mama
Stats: 289.6/283/175!!
WOE: NK newbie!
Start Date: January 2013
Oh my! the mexican hot chocolate from the fat fast cookbook......WOWZER! I added just a touch more cinnamon and a SLIGHT sprinkling of ground chipotle pepper! LOVE IT!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Darin, How are ya feelin tonite?
Old 03-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #453
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pibble mama View Post
Oh my! the mexican hot chocolate from the fat fast cookbook......WOWZER! I added just a touch more cinnamon and a SLIGHT sprinkling of ground chipotle pepper! LOVE IT!
Do alot of the recipes have artifical sweetners in them?
I was thinking of getting it but I can't find many sweetners that I like and that agree with me.
What kind of stuff is in the hot chocolate you made?
Old 03-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #454
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Do alot of the recipes have artifical sweetners in them?
I was thinking of getting it but I can't find many sweetners that I like and that agree with me.
What kind of stuff is in the hot chocolate you made?
this was coconut milk, water, cinnamon, hershey's dark cocoa powder and a smidge of chipotle. i use the davinci's chocolate syrup to sweeten it. Have you tried the swerve sweeteners? I really like those...they are supposed to be natural, but they do have one of the fillers in them...can't remember which one. I am trying to back off some of the sweeteners. But i have such a sweet tooth.....it is hard! I highly recommend the book! It is only $5 digital and I will use those recipes over and over!~ Very easy way to get the fat up and just add protein to it!
Old 03-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #455
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Food log - Mar 07, 2013

Numbers and log for today.

Calories: 2,366

Fat: 206
Pro: 104
Car: 34

77/18/5

Breakfast: Coffee, CO, HWC.
Lunch: Soup [pork sausage, cabbage, rotel, bouillon]
Dinner: Fish with butter.
Snack: Nada
End of Day: 1oz CO.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #456
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Darin, How are ya feelin tonite?
Better for sure. It doesn't hurt nearly as much or as often. I took a few low dose aspirin though.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #457
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goolash View Post
for breakfast i had hotel eggs and cheese and bacon and a protein shake
for lunch i had 2 a&w teen burgers with no ketchup and no bun and lots of mayo and then ..
i stopped at a farmers market to buy some pepperettes and ended up eating like 10 of them (ohlawd) but they're just local pork and spices, no fillers ( i asked) and there was a lady selling hand made chocolates i bough 1 chocolate bunny which had peanut butter inside for 1 dollar. Surprised this is all i bought because this place had homeade apple fritters, mini donuts, homeade pastries...etc
then for dinner i ordered pizza and wings and the wings were not breaded (i asked) and the pizza i just ate the toppings and cheese but i did have 2 small bites of crust. On the 3rd i spit it out and thought 'WTH am i doing im already full"

tmrw night i fly home, i travel a tonne and hate flying (unless im in executive class), whoever i sit next to will be thinking "oh god im beside this big fat boy" bleh :/

When i get home i want to try some experiments. I want to try no cheese, i want to try no dairy except butter..maybe not at the same time, but i want to try those, and also lower protein
You are going to get a lot of joy when you fly once you've dropped some weight Myles. There are a lot of things that make me happy when it is something that is different for me now that I am not huge. Not just big stuff but really small stuff all the time.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #458
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by May60 View Post
Thanks for the welcome!! I was down 1 lb this morning too...very pleased! I decided to go easy on the bread as someone mentioned here.
Tonight I am making a pizza. Trying cauliflower for the crust...hope my husband will eat it!!
It sounds good to me! I like to use cauliflower as a substitute for rice in my recipes. He doesn't complain about that!
I'm curious to know how the pizza turned out
Old 03-08-2013, 02:36 AM   #459
Major LCF Poster!

weigh in this am 159
I kicked it!
Then I felt better
Attached Images
File Type: png scale.png (86.4 KB, 10 views)
Old 03-08-2013, 02:50 AM   #460
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Myles
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
You are going to get a lot of joy when you fly once you've dropped some weight Myles. There are a lot of things that make me happy when it is something that is different for me now that I am not huge. Not just big stuff but really small stuff all the time.
I know what u mean because I've done it before. I hope I will drop some eventually. I guess right now tho it feels like I never will
Old 03-08-2013, 04:19 AM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Myles
god i cant wait to get home tonight and start trying my experiments. I think the first one i'll try is no cheese, but still use butter, HWC and sour cream, then if that doesnt work maybe try no dairy at all except butter... hurray experiments

...or maybe ill go the other way and just cut all dairy at first ( except butter) and then add it back in slowly depending on if it works

I remember back when i did this successfully a million years ago i didnt have any dairy and cheese because i couldnt afford it.. i think i just ate a lot of discount bacon and pork chops

Last edited by Myles; 03-08-2013 at 04:22 AM..
Old 03-08-2013, 05:17 AM   #462
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bernsy
WOE: Atkins/Gary Taubes
Hi guys. I keep hearing about cabbage and I need a new veggie. What cabbage do I buy tomorrow and how do I cook it? Is it purple or green? Sauteed?
Old 03-08-2013, 06:00 AM   #463
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dipasquale
Stats: 137 / 132 / 125
WOE: High Fat Low Carb Ketogenic
Start Date: February 11, 2013
Hi! I've mostly been lurking, but love reading what everyone has been making. I'll have to try the fat fast hot chocolate tonight - it sounds delicious!

I made a crab dish 2 nights ago, and had the leftovers for lunch yesterday. I beat together 8T of cream cheese and 3 eggs, then blended in a 8oz container of wild caught crab meat. Salt and pepper to taste. I baked it for about 20 minutes at 425 (until it set) and served with asparagus and olive oil. I just got married 6 weeks ago and realized while I was making it that I've never seen DH eat crab. Turns out he's not such a fan. He was pretty 'meh' about the dish, but I loved it.

My new ketone sticks came in on Wednesday. My Weds. afternoon reading was 2.6 and this morning was 1.8. I'm 'in the zone' but my weight is holding steady between 132 - 133. I'm going to do my measurements again tomorrow, so maybe I'll see some movement there.

I just bought Dana Carpender's 500 Paleo recipes last night to get ideas for more dishes. Does anyone else have this? I know the book isn't necessarily high-fat / low-carb recipes, but knowing Dana's work I'm sure they can be modified pretty easily to fit this diet.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:05 AM   #464
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dasschus
Stats: 250/195/145
WOE: HFLC/nutritional ketosis
Start Date: February 2013
Friday weigh in: 201
Yesterday: 200.3

The scale and I are not on speaking terms. One day it likes me and the next it doesn't. If it doesn't start saying nice things to me, we may break up. Lol

Let's see what it says tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #465
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
god i cant wait to get home tonight and start trying my experiments. I think the first one i'll try is no cheese, but still use butter, HWC and sour cream, then if that doesnt work maybe try no dairy at all except butter... hurray experiments

...or maybe ill go the other way and just cut all dairy at first ( except butter) and then add it back in slowly depending on if it works

I remember back when i did this successfully a million years ago i didnt have any dairy and cheese because i couldnt afford it.. i think i just ate a lot of discount bacon and pork chops
Myles there are a few things you can replace w/ coconut milk. If you get a full on fat coconut milk, there is a recipe for making homemade sour cream. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems really easy (you will need a lil bit of plain yogurt to get it "started" and a heating pad, and patience. but it seems easy! I want to try it as soon as I am out of my sour cream). I can live with out HWC (now, don't get me wrong....i LOVE the stuff) I make a homemade creamer that I use, and if you take butter and "cook" the milk parts off you get ghee (i haven't learned the trick to this yet...you can also buy it!). Now, cheese, that is another issue. I've cut way back, but haven't learned how to eliminate it yet. I do know MOST dairy that I have found has carageenen in it and the body reacts to it like MSG (bleh icky stuff!).

I was up a pound today! But i've figured out the numbing pain that had been coming on was my sciatic nerve!! Makes sleep hard! I'm gonna go back to full on NK eating today. Yesterdays cals were nearly 2200 and protein was about 1/2 of what I should be getting normally. I kept the fat at about 90% so I'm gonna try to back down a lil bit to get the protein back up...though, gotta say, I could EASILY live on that FF if i had 2,000 cals to go on!

Darin I hope you slept well last night and feel better!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:16 AM   #466
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipasquale View Post
Hi! I've mostly been lurking, but love reading what everyone has been making. I'll have to try the fat fast hot chocolate tonight - it sounds delicious!

I made a crab dish 2 nights ago, and had the leftovers for lunch yesterday. I beat together 8T of cream cheese and 3 eggs, then blended in a 8oz container of wild caught crab meat. Salt and pepper to taste. I baked it for about 20 minutes at 425 (until it set) and served with asparagus and olive oil. I just got married 6 weeks ago and realized while I was making it that I've never seen DH eat crab. Turns out he's not such a fan. He was pretty 'meh' about the dish, but I loved it.

My new ketone sticks came in on Wednesday. My Weds. afternoon reading was 2.6 and this morning was 1.8. I'm 'in the zone' but my weight is holding steady between 132 - 133. I'm going to do my measurements again tomorrow, so maybe I'll see some movement there.

I just bought Dana Carpender's 500 Paleo recipes last night to get ideas for more dishes. Does anyone else have this? I know the book isn't necessarily high-fat / low-carb recipes, but knowing Dana's work I'm sure they can be modified pretty easily to fit this diet.
I LOVE the FF book and the Paleo book! If you have a kindle/or the app go the "A" and look at their top 100 FREE books....there are a ton of paleo books every day! I've gotten like 10 in the past week! You can always add extfa butter, etc to up the fat!
That crab dish sounds great! I have a friend moving to Main this summer....TWO WORDS: LOBSTER + BUTTAH!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasschus View Post

The scale and I are not on speaking terms. One day it likes me and the next it doesn't. If it doesn't start saying nice things to me, we may break up. Lol

STUPID SCALE!
I don't like mine either today!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #467
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
weigh in this am 159
I kicked it!
Then I felt better
We were all there stomping it with you like that scene in Office Space with the fax machine
Old 03-08-2013, 06:56 AM   #468
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Try to change only one thing at a time Myles. If you nuke dairy don't make other changes that might make it hard to tell what exactly worked. Changes need to be sequential in other words.

Did you get a chance to listen to that podcast and get any of the supplements she talked about?
Old 03-08-2013, 06:59 AM   #469
Major LCF Poster!

YikesI just sent one home with the tummy bug. My OCD is in overdrive.
Sanitizer and lysol everywhere!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #470
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernsy View Post
Hi guys. I keep hearing about cabbage and I need a new veggie. What cabbage do I buy tomorrow and how do I cook it? Is it purple or green? Sauteed?
Great question Bernsy

I always use green cabbage because that is what I grew up with. I'm not sure how other cabbages would work.

Fried and sauteed are tasty. I have to be careful when I fry it because if the heat is a little too high bits of it can burn quickly and that is not tasty.

When I boil it I try to lightly. I don't care for over cooked cabbage.

Same with sauteing it.

It is really good when fried with bacon grease.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #471
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipasquale View Post

Hi dipasquale

I'll take his serving
Old 03-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #472
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
YikesI just sent one home with the tummy bug. My OCD is in overdrive.
Sanitizer and lysol everywhere!
Ugh!!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #473
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasschus View Post

It is like terminator but instead of skynet it is scales dooming humanity
Old 03-08-2013, 07:12 AM   #474
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pibble mama View Post
I was up a pound today! But i've figured out the numbing pain that had been coming on was my sciatic nerve!! Makes sleep hard! I'm gonna go back to full on NK eating today. Yesterdays cals were nearly 2200 and protein was about 1/2 of what I should be getting normally. I kept the fat at about 90% so I'm gonna try to back down a lil bit to get the protein back up...though, gotta say, I could EASILY live on that FF if i had 2,000 cals to go on!

Darin I hope you slept well last night and feel better!
It is best not to keep protein too low for too long

I slept much much better last night. It hurt a bit when I was laying flat on my back while I read for a bit before lights out but that was about it. And it doesn't hurt when I breath deep this morning so I guess it is mostly gone thank goodness.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #475
Blabbermouth!!!

Weigh-in Mar 08, 2013

Weigh-in this morning ... 199.5 so a little bounce. Got my fingers crossed that I stay under 200 tomorrow
Old 03-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #476
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Weigh-in this morning ... 199.5 so a little bounce. Got my fingers crossed that I stay under 200 tomorrow
Old 03-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #477
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dasschus
Stats: 250/195/145
WOE: HFLC/nutritional ketosis
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Still in century land! Awesome!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #478
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dipasquale
Stats: 137 / 132 / 125
WOE: High Fat Low Carb Ketogenic
Start Date: February 11, 2013
Cabbage + Bacon Fat sounds GREAT. I think I'm adding that to tonight's menu!

pibble mama - Thanks for the tip on the free e-books! I haven't had my kindle very long, and haven't explored the free stuff. I'm definitely going to check that out.

Dasschus - are you doing waist, hip, etc measurements as well?

reddarin - Keeping my fingers crossed for you too!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #479
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
So I went off the rails yesterday and had a minor cheat day. No regrets. I look at it as a minor blip in a lifelong journey. I'm just happy that one day off didn't lead me to spiral out of control as I've done in the past.

I weighed myself yesterday morning and today, and was surprised to see there was no change. I'm certain that I got knocked out of ketosis but thought it was interesting that I'm not seeing an immediate increase in water weight.

It may take a week or two to get back in ketosis, and I'm okay with that.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #480
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
We were all there stomping it with you like that scene in Office Space with the fax machine
Love that scene
Closed Thread