Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amandacj08
I am quickly understanding the importance of pre-logging my food, and planning the day ahead of time to ensure I get the right amount of protein and enough fat. I have also decided that I can't have nuts around - I like them too much. I have a foot injury that has kept me from walking this past week, and I have also realized that I need to eat those extra calories as to not feel hungry. 1750 seems right about the amount that satisfys, but when I don't walk I feel like I should only eat 1600. Feet problems suck you guys - I think it's the most under appreciated body part, and you don't realize what you have until you lose it.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pibble mama
Stats: 289.6/283/175!!
WOE: NK newbie!
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Thanks Theresa,for sharing.i love being with my daughter.but lots to think about,were I live now don't have any family or friends,but it's my grandparents home and my dad gave it to me,so it's paid for I could sell it and but another home.just a scary move,plus taxes in Md is very expensive ..
My parents have no family, but have an amazing house! I would so move back...except my job...but i do work online, so MAYBE after a while (when i prove myself) they would let me work from TX. I do have friends there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
You all could all move to Texas. We could incorporate a small town. We'd have a statue of a scale erected on main street in front of city hall. When someone hits goal we'd run them out of town on a rail while pelting them with various low carb food items.
I think that is an EXCELLENT idea! We could only allow "healthy" grocers/ restaurants and local home grown/non gmo stuff!

oh, i know i asked already, but muscle soreness? I am fairly certain i am getting enough salt...since i add gray sea salt to EVERYTHING including my water! I'm not cramping.....just sore as heck!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #363
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pibble mama View Post
oh, i know i asked already, but muscle soreness? I am fairly certain i am getting enough salt...since i add gray sea salt to EVERYTHING including my water! I'm not cramping.....just sore as heck!
From working out?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandacj08 View Post
I am quickly understanding the importance of pre-logging my food, and planning the day ahead of time to ensure I get the right amount of protein and enough fat. I have also decided that I can't have nuts around - I like them too much. I have a foot injury that has kept me from walking this past week, and I have also realized that I need to eat those extra calories as to not feel hungry. 1750 seems right about the amount that satisfys, but when I don't walk I feel like I should only eat 1600. Feet problems suck you guys - I think it's the most under appreciated body part, and you don't realize what you have until you lose it.
That is the truth. I used to have a lot of problems with my feet. My highest weight was 240 and my feet hurt all the time. Seems like as long as I stay under 160 lbs or so I have no problems with my feet at all. Hallelujah!! That’s the best part about losing weight for me I think. My feet feel great!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

My Dh has been on the couch snoring for an hour, lol, Must be nice to be an unemployed college student. (Better him, than me) I have taken to calling him grandpa and picking on him about getting in his grandpa naps.
I Think I will mash his food up for him tonight.

Last edited by Clueless; 03-06-2013 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: Typos
Old 03-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #366
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Old 03-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
From working out?
I'm sorry, let me compose myself! i'm sorry, i just can't quite cracking up! no, i assure, bed sores would come more apt to being the cause! It isn't a cramp but it has that "tenderness" from severe dehydraition. I can't imagine drinking more water....i will float away! I already am "puffy" all day from the 150 oz plus tea and coffee.... i wonder if it is because i spend all day sprawled across my bed working?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Quote:
My Dh has been on the couch snoring for an hour, lol, Must be nice to be an unemployed college student. (Better him, than me) I have taken to calling him grandpa and picking on him about getting in his grandpa naps.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #369
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pibble mama View Post
I'm sorry, let me compose myself! i'm sorry, i just can't quite cracking up! no, i assure, bed sores would come more apt to being the cause! It isn't a cramp but it has that "tenderness" from severe dehydraition. I can't imagine drinking more water....i will float away! I already am "puffy" all day from the 150 oz plus tea and coffee.... i wonder if it is because i spend all day sprawled across my bed working?
heh

Maybe cut back a bit on the liquids? It is possible to over do hydration.

How long have you been strict LC? Could it be some sort of quasi-induction flu thing?

Are you supplementing with magnesium, potassium and sodium (health considerations permitting of course)?

I can't recall experiencing what you are describing.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #370
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dasschus
Stats: 250/195/145
WOE: HFLC/nutritional ketosis
Start Date: February 2013
The longer I eat LCHF the less hungry I am. Food sounds repulsive to me today. I do not want to eat at all. I had my coffee with HWC and CO and the thought of eating anything is just nasty.
Maybe it's just a phase.

Is that normal?!

I'm still reading the Art and Science of Low Carb Living but I have read and highlighted my Art and Science of LC Performance. I don't recall an aversion. To food being a side effect. Lol

Kelly
Old 03-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
heh

Maybe cut back a bit on the liquids? It is possible to over do hydration.

How long have you been strict LC? Could it be some sort of quasi-induction flu thing?

Are you supplementing with magnesium, potassium and sodium (health considerations permitting of course)?

I can't recall experiencing what you are describing.

I have been strict Lc for 2-3 months. I've been moderate lc for years. I will try to cut back on the water and see. Right now about the only thing i take consistently is biotin for my hair! I added the grey sea salt lat year when doing hcg to help w muscle soreness and water retention. I have potassium, but it scares me...I would be the dorkalina that od's on it! Doesn't magnesium help with "potty" issues too?
Old 03-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #372
Senior LCF Member

Macaroni and cheese recipe from Fat Fast cookbook with a pack of tuna added for protein.

All is great until biting in to a fish scale.

Kelly
Old 03-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
Quote:
A pound a week is pretty dang good LIsa. Especially if you don't feel starved while doing it.

Your calories look low to me but you don't have to throw a bunch on all at once. Bump by 100 calories for a week then another hundred the next week and see how it goes.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to try upping my calories to 1500 for the next week or so, and increase the fat to protein ratio. I got some good ideas from the fat fast cookbook, even though I'm not ready to do an actual fat fast yet.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasschus View Post
Macaroni and cheese recipe from Fat Fast cookbook with a pack of tuna added for protein.
All is great until biting in to a fish scale.

Kelly
so far I love all the recipes from there! I'm having the marscapone mocha mouse right now!!

I think I will stock up on the noodles and rice from now on!! I want to make the soups!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Is the biotin working for your hair?theresa, my hair is getting very thin only in front
Old 03-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
Start Date: December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasschus View Post
The longer I eat LCHF the less hungry I am. Food sounds repulsive to me today. I do not want to eat at all. I had my coffee with HWC and CO and the thought of eating anything is just nasty.
Maybe it's just a phase.

Is that normal?!

I'm still reading the Art and Science of Low Carb Living but I have read and highlighted my Art and Science of LC Performance. I don't recall an aversion. To food being a side effect. Lol

Kelly
Definitely normal. The appetite suppression on NK is one of the reasons I've been able to stick to this.

Sometimes I have to be careful not to eat too little, or I get overly tired.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #377
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shay
Stats: 5' 9"; 150/135
Start Date: 3/1/13
First, ... Mumasatus ... and sharing your prize? SUCH class!!

If anyone is interested, google "simply recipes buffalo wings" for the recipe I mentioned. It calls for broiling the wings but if you read some of the reviews, some tell how they've deep fried them with great results.

Bon appetite!

Old 03-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Is the biotin working for your hair?theresa, my hair is getting very thin only in front
i THINK it is working and on my nails too. It could be all in my head...but i think it works! lol. It is pretty cheap at tar-ghey

Does anyone else get super cold/freezing after drinking water? Every time i drink water i absolutely FREEZE from the inside out! I don't drink ice water...it is just of the fridge tap but it is just a lil colder than room temp.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Myles
all the you can do its and support are really nice, and they just make me feel worse about what i did today

I started off well in the morning, i had my leftover steak and brussel sprouts with bacon from last night, then i was in a remote area with no restaurants so i ate my last hardboiled eggs and pepperoni and havarti cheese... but then i found a restaurant and ... i bought and ate a piece of chocolate peanut butter pie I have no excuse i just have been wanting something for so long. Then i felt really bad (mentally) and went and did my last 2 appointments of the day...then i went to an epic carribean restaurant and had jerk pork, stewed beef, coleslaw, and it came with rice and peas and i ate half the rice portion - Then i got to my hotel and felt really down on myself, and they left me a mars bar in my room.. i opened it and broke it in pieces and flushed it down the toilet just so i wouldnt eat it...but i smelled it... i smelled it and it made me want it so bad... jesus christ , i feel bad man.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #380
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Becky, when I lost alot of weight years ago my hair started falling out too. I did wind up haing a thyroid problem but alot of people lose hair when they lose weight. Be sure you get enough protein and calories. Losing weight really fast makes it fall out too. It should grow back if it is from losing weight.
LOL mine fell out so bad I just knew I was gonna be bald But it all grew back.

Last edited by Clueless; 03-06-2013 at 03:43 PM..
Old 03-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks cherly I think it's cause I did lose weight fast!!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goolash View Post
all the you can do its and support are really nice, and they just make me feel worse about what i did today

I started off well in the morning, i had my leftover steak and brussel sprouts with bacon from last night, then i was in a remote area with no restaurants so i ate my last hardboiled eggs and pepperoni and havarti cheese... but then i found a restaurant and ... i bought and ate a piece of chocolate peanut butter pie I have no excuse i just have been wanting something for so long. Then i felt really bad (mentally) and went and did my last 2 appointments of the day...then i went to an epic carribean restaurant and had jerk pork, stewed beef, coleslaw, and it came with rice and peas and i ate half the rice portion - Then i got to my hotel and felt really down on myself, and they left me a mars bar in my room.. i opened it and broke it in pieces and flushed it down the toilet just so i wouldnt eat it...but i smelled it... i smelled it and it made me want it so bad... jesus christ , i feel bad man.

You Flushed the Mars Bar!!!
Good JOb Myles!!!!
Onward!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #383
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
My daughter got Mono a few weeks ago and her hair fell out. It has already grown back. It was falling out awful. The Dr called it something but I can't remember. She said lots of things make your hair fall out. It is pretty common. I bet it will grow back in fine.
Geezzz the winds are awful. You guys alright up there? I bet it is worse?
Old 03-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Oh Myles! Big hugs to you. It's just a tiny hiccup in a lifelong journey. Don't fret. Move forward!

Kelly
Old 03-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

Yup we still here,but wind is real bad,,enough of this..spring. Hurry....
Old 03-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

Geeez, No wonder I can't lose weight.
Have you ever tried to teach a teenager how to drive?
I think it is the most stressful thing I have ever done
Even when she is doing great I am all tensed up into a ball of nerves. Geez I even get her stressed out. I am a terrible driving instructor. I bet my Cortisol is a trillion every time I get in the car with her.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #387
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

The worst thing about slipping is thinking in for a penny in for a pound. Just acknowledge the slip and don't let it derail all of your efforts. Getting back on track right now is much easier than trying to get restarted after several days. You already took a huge step by flushing the carb laden guilt in a fancy wrapper.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #388
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
The Dr called it something but I can't remember.
Baldness?
Old 03-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #389
Blabbermouth!!!

Food log - Mar 06, 2013

Numbers and log for today.

Calories: 2,392

Fat: 208
Pro: 105
Car: 32

77/18/5

Breakfast: Coffee, CO, HWC.
Lunch: Beef, cabbage, rotel soup w/bouillon and bacon grease.
Dinner: More soup.
Snack: Pork rinds, HWC floats.
End of Day: CO.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #390
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

small blip in the grand scheme of things. Just keep going forward. You did the BIGGEST thing ever by not eating the candy bar...THAT is a huge accomplishment and you should be very proud of your self!

Quote:
What did you do to lose weight fast??? Did I miss something along the way?

I just had the BEST dinner....i really wasn't totally hungry, but wanted something (i think more comfort food related?) So I took an avocado, drizzled it with macadamia nut oil, s&p and a sprinkling of sharp cheddar and then broiled it for a few mins. OMG! So dee-lish! i highly recommend!!!

I got some magnesium, I took it with dinner and some more valerian root so i can sleep! I think i just want to go to bed...i've been kinda down this afternoon...not sure what it up. Can't be hormonal...that's gone.
Closed Thread