Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 06:19 AM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dasschus
Stats: 250/195/145
WOE: HFLC/nutritional ketosis
Start Date: February 2013
The Wednesday weight: 201.6
Yesterday: 200.5
No, I'm not happy about it but I did expect a little gain from the mini splurge Monday night. Ugh. So not worth it!

Oh well. Sticking to it and being a good girl. Waiting to get back to the 100's.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2013, 06:30 AM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pibble mama
Stats: 289.6/283/175!!
WOE: NK newbie!
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasschus View Post
No, I'm not happy about it but I did expect a little gain from the mini splurge Monday night. Ugh. So not worth it!

Oh well. Sticking to it and being a good girl. Waiting to get back to the 100's.
Hmmm, most likely just water from the carbs on Monday? I'm sure it will move down!
How were your bounces coming off the FF? I have my three friends doing it right now and they are talking about doing NK afterwards. I was hoping to give them encouragement for after the 5 days on FF!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:52 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Corvettebuff
Stats: 175/1160/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 2013
I can't find a thread on coconut oil and I know there has to be one on here....anyone know of one you can lead me to it...Thanks.
Dropped another lb today. 163
Old 03-06-2013, 06:52 AM   #334
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
weigh in 158.5

my log for yesterday was

calories 1873
fat 145 70%
pro 125 26%
carbs 18 4

I took 12 CLA/Tonalin capsules yesterday too.
I am gonna try that a few weeks and see if it has any effect on weight loss.
Moving in the right direction hooray!!!

What is CLA/Tonalin capsules? How do you get the scale to take them, beings as it is an inanimate object and all.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:01 AM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pibble mama View Post
Hmmm, most likely just water from the carbs on Monday? I'm sure it will move down!
How were your bounces coming off the FF? I have my three friends doing it right now and they are talking about doing NK afterwards. I was hoping to give them encouragement for after the 5 days on FF!
I'm highly allergic to carbs. I break out in fat.

So I'm sure it's more than just water weight. One of the consequences of having a wicked case of insulin resistance.

The bounce back after the fat fast for me was up 2.3 pounds before it started to go back down. BUT every one is different and I was not in ketosis when I did the fat fast. I'm going to experiment next month to see if starting in ketosis yields different results for me with a fat fast.

The weight loss was pretty darn quick though. I was losing a pound per day at least. My scale had some disheartening things to say about LBM loss which is contrary to the studies done with fat fasts but I also know the scale isn't very accurate in measuring things like body fat and LBM.

I will say that I LOVED the recipes in the fat fast cookbook. I still plan on using them.

Tomorrow I'm sure the scale will say sweeter things to me.
Eating good stuff and tracking it all.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:07 AM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amandacj08
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Today:

B 6:30: 2 bowls of beef stew, whole avocado
L 1:30: another bowl of beef stew (I am a creature of habit)
S 3:00:small bowl of 8 blackberries, 5 strawberries, and a handful of blueberries
D 6:00: zucchini and squash fried in CO, with rosemary, S&P... 2 slices of bacon, 1 egg + a 1/2 cup egg whites

It is SO hard to get enough protein since I've cut out dairy. I NEVER thought I'd have that problem, so I added in the egg whites. I also went with the egg whites because although I'm not counting calories, I am afraid I'm eating too much, so I'd rather go with whites than whole eggs (moment of transparency)..

I woke up at 6:30 hungry as a horse, SO weird for me. I was nervous that I'd be hungry again before I got home for lunch, but NOT AT ALL. The beef stew and avocado really filled me up.. curiously enough, the soup I ate for breakfast didn't even have any bits of beef it it, those lil nuggets musta been hiding in the pot somewhere LOL.. so basically it was beef broth, cubed sweet potatoes (not many), cabbage, celery, and onion. I have no idea how many calories I ate today and I'm kind of stressed out about it. :-/

Had an accounting exam today, and did so well, I know I beat the crap out of it, so thats good!
Your menu sounds yummy! Congrats on your exam! It's always such a relief to work hard and kill and exam like that (I just recently finished up my BS in Bus Mgmt).
Old 03-06-2013, 07:09 AM   #337
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
I just tripped across a Buffalo wings recipe that looks wonderful (and got great reviews) but didn't know if the rules permit one to include a link. The hot sauce is has no carbs or protein, and there are 3 Tbsp. of butter in the recipe! The dipping sauce part of the recipe is also a fat lover's delight: mostly sour cream and mayo.

I'm thinking one could make a ton of these, freeze them, and have delicious snacks or a meal at hand.
You can always include a google phrase to search for the site. Like I do with the podcasts - 'jimmy moore dr phinney long term stalls'

I have a moderately LC friendly hot sauce recipe.

Franks original hot sauce ~10oz bottle.
Cholula hot sauce ~5oz bottle.
Stick of butter.
TBS of white vinegar.

Put in sauce pot and heat to melt butter and mix ingredients. You aren't cooking the sauce so much as getting it warm enough to meld the flavors.

Cook the wings, let cool a little bit, then put some in a tupperware type container that has a lid. Add some of the sauce, lid it and shake to coat the wings.

The Franks provides the heat and the Cholula is the flavor. Franks is fairly mild so you can add a little of a really hot hot sauce for extra kick. I liked the original recipe so I never tinkered with it but I imagine that any two hot sauces could be used to make a tasty and interesting hot wing sauce. When I discovered the recipe on the web about 15 years ago there was only one flavor of Cholula.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:11 AM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyP View Post
Thanks for the greetings!

I've got an evil carb withdrawal headache today.
I successfully got rid of it with drinking powerade zero and cal mag zinc supplements. I've also been trying to find ways to incorporate more potassium in my diet.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #339
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvettebuff View Post
I can't find a thread on coconut oil and I know there has to be one on here....anyone know of one you can lead me to it...Thanks.
Hi Welcome to our thread

Congrats!!!

There are a lot of them. If you use the 'Search' tool in the blue bar near the top of the page ... click 'advanced search' ... then in the 'Key Words' box in the 'Search Forums' block ... type in 'coconut oil' and select 'search title only' from the drop down box... then click search.

If you mean the one you posted to recently:

Why and how do you use coconut oil?
Old 03-06-2013, 07:18 AM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goolash View Post
a bloody caesar is a bloody mary but clamato juice instead of tomato juice. For some reason they're really famous in Canada. I have had beer/tomato juice, wasn't my cup of tea - havent tried with v8.

I was craving pie. The little bakery in a little town i was near and will be near has been where ive eaten most of my meals when i've worked this area before, and they make like 30 different kids of pies, all homeade and all so good - Im drooling just thinking about them. This is the first time ive worked this area and not gone and eaten whatever i wanted from that place. I have time now, googling the podcast.
You can do it Myles, you are stronger than that voice in your head. have you tried to make cheese chips before? They help me on bus trips, and if I really think I need something sweet I take sugar free chocolates also.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #341
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumasatus View Post
I just wanted to thank everyone for the support on this thread during the last 2 weeks.

I did it! I won the grand prize in my weight loss competition. There are also smaller prizes every 2 weeks for the person who loses the most in just that time period. Someone lost 15.9 pounds in just the last 2 weeks, so she won that, but even with my 6 pound loss, I was still overall winner because I just kept at it from start to finish.

I ended up with a 12.5% loss. Second place was 12.2%.

I decided to split my winnings with her because the difference between our losses was so tiny.

The person who I was tied with a few weeks ago was not even in the final running. I think she just got too close to goal to lose much more.

I'm just going to save my money until I get to goal and use it to buy some new clothes then.

Hopefully, we can transition rigt into another contest because I do not want to lose my momentum. I've been telling myself, "Every bite counts". That must really be true considering how close the winning numbers were.

Thank you, again for being so supportive.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Hooray Genevieve!!! Congrats!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I was down 2.2 this morning so stinkin' happy about that! But i'm starting to have REALLY sore muscles. Not really cramps, just SORE! I'm drinking 150+ oz water a day w/ gray sea salt in them is that a sign of NK?

Woo hoo! That is awesome!!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #343
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
China??? WOW! That is so cool! You aren't traveling in Texas right now are you? My parents lil town has a cafe WORLD fanous for their homemade pies. The Bluebonnet Cafe. Just say "no" though!

AWESOME!!!! That is so cool!

CONGRATULATIONS on everybody's successes today!! We have wicked high winds and it's still cold here.....well, cold for savannah!

I was down 2.2 this morning so stinkin' happy about that! But i'm starting to have REALLY sore muscles. Not really cramps, just SORE! I'm drinking 150+ oz water a day w/ gray sea salt in them is that a sign of NK?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
weigh in 158.5

my log for yesterday was

calories 1873
fat 145 70%
pro 125 26%
carbs 18 4

I took 12 CLA/Tonalin capsules yesterday too.
I am gonna try that a few weeks and see if it has any effect on weight loss.
That's awesome! I'd also like to know what the CLA/Tonalin does
Old 03-06-2013, 07:27 AM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Duh! I just realized how to do the multi-quotes. Sorry for all the extra responses. I'm on my phone and posting can be tricky.

Anyway, I had a really hard body conditioning workout tonight and a scale bobble the next am 192.8. This is my body's consistent MO when I do strength training. I am just waiting around for my whoosh.

Hope everyone else has a nice day.

Congrats on all the successes and welcome to the new folks.

Also question for Kelly - are you still doing the fat fast? I noticed your cals were less that 1200.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Corvettebuff
Stats: 175/1160/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Hi Welcome to our thread

Congrats!!!

There are a lot of them. If you use the 'Search' tool in the blue bar near the top of the page ... click 'advanced search' ... then in the 'Key Words' box in the 'Search Forums' block ... type in 'coconut oil' and select 'search title only' from the drop down box... then click search.

If you mean the one you posted to recently:

Why and how do you use coconut oil?
Thanks I tried searching guess I need to do advanced. I only found one and I'm sure there are lots of them.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:35 AM   #346
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Cherly great job!my weight up .8 this morning but I ate a few nuts last night.my stress is up a little,thinking about selling my beauitful home here in va to move to Md to be close to my grand babies hard choice cause I love it here so much.it will cost more to live there...but I'm praying if its Gods will he will open the doors...
Becky you are slacking on our picture/avatar updates

Just a week or two ago I was listening to a radio show and the topic for one hour was parents moving to be closer to their kids and grand kids.

It worked well for some people but a lot of the people that did it really regretted it. They didn't get to spend as much time with the kids/grandkids as they thought they would and they missed their friends and community back home so much more than they thought they would. Some would move and then the kids they moved to be closer to got a job transfer and moved away.

Excluding the ones where the kids got a job transfer and moved away... the thing that made the most difference was if the parents had a lot of dear friends where they are now and if they really loved their little community.

I'm not saying don't do it Becky. It could be the best thing ever.

They didn't talk about it on that show but maybe you could do sort of a trail 'move'. Rent an apartment for 6 months and move there temporarily for long enough to see how it might work permanently?
Old 03-06-2013, 07:37 AM   #347
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Congrats!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:41 AM   #348
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Water for sure since you didn't eat 5000 calories yesterday
Old 03-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #349
Blabbermouth!!!

Weigh-in Mar 06, 2013

Weigh-in this morning ... 200.5 I think the earlier 199.9 was just cruel humor on the scale's part. Tomorrow morning I am going to have youtube clips of Dave throwing electronic stuff off the roof playing on my phone before I weigh-in. I'll laugh hysterically so it will be sort of a passive aggressive threat.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Thank you Red...we have a motor home and we are thinking of that.we could park it there on base for 500.00 month so I agree that's what we should do that.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pibble mama
Stats: 289.6/283/175!!
WOE: NK newbie!
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
I'm highly allergic to carbs. I break out in fat.

So I'm sure it's more than just water weight. One of the consequences of having a wicked case of insulin resistance.

The bounce back after the fat fast for me was up 2.3 pounds before it started to go back down. BUT every one is different and I was not in ketosis when I did the fat fast. I'm going to experiment next month to see if starting in ketosis yields different results for me with a fat fast.

The weight loss was pretty darn quick though. I was losing a pound per day at least. My scale had some disheartening things to say about LBM loss which is contrary to the studies done with fat fasts but I also know the scale isn't very accurate in measuring things like body fat and LBM.

I will say that I LOVED the recipes in the fat fast cookbook. I still plan on using them.

Tomorrow I'm sure the scale will say sweeter things to me.
Eating good stuff and tracking it all.
I lov the recipes! Holy cow that mac and cheese, alfredo and cole slaw! mmmmm!

Quote:
Becky you are slacking on our picture/avatar updates

Just a week or two ago I was listening to a radio show and the topic for one hour was parents moving to be closer to their kids and grand kids.

It worked well for some people but a lot of the people that did it really regretted it. They didn't get to spend as much time with the kids/grandkids as they thought they would and they missed their friends and community back home so much more than they thought they would. Some would move and then the kids they moved to be closer to got a job transfer and moved away.

Excluding the ones where the kids got a job transfer and moved away... the thing that made the most difference was if the parents had a lot of dear friends where they are now and if they really loved their little community.

I'm not saying don't do it Becky. It could be the best thing ever.

They didn't talk about it on that show but maybe you could do sort of a trail 'move'. Rent an apartment for 6 months and move there temporarily for long enough to see how it might work permanently?
Quote:
Thank you Red...we have a motor home and we are thinking of that.we could park it there on base for 500.00 month so I agree that's what we should do that.
It is interesting ya'll bring this up...because I have been after my 80 yr old parents to move closer, each summer i say ok, I will move back home and then chicken out! BUT NOW I have an amazing opportunity with the state dept and can't move right away. I know my dad doesn't really want to leave Texas, but he knows they need to be closer to me and now knows I can't leave this job (not for a few years anyway!). They come to Savannah each winter for 2 months and HATE it! lol...but then again, I am not a HUGE fan. I think mainly because I do not have too many friends here. But when my parents are here I spend almost 100% of my time with them.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Theresa,for sharing.i love being with my daughter.but lots to think about,were I live now don't have any family or friends,but it's my grandparents home and my dad gave it to me,so it's paid for I could sell it and but another home.just a scary move,plus taxes in Md is very expensive ..
Old 03-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #353
Blabbermouth!!!

You all could all move to Texas. We could incorporate a small town. We'd have a statue of a scale erected on main street in front of city hall. When someone hits goal we'd run them out of town on a rail while pelting them with various low carb food items.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You all could all move to Texas. We could incorporate a small town. We'd have a statue of a scale erected on main street in front of city hall. When someone hits goal we'd run them out of town on a rail while pelting them with various low carb food items.

Like my new pic...
Old 03-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Love it!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #356
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Love this!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #357
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 03-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #358
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, is that ya'lls hotel room Becky?

Last edited by reddarin; 03-06-2013 at 09:32 AM..
Old 03-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Moving in the right direction hooray!!!

What is CLA/Tonalin capsules? How do you get the scale to take them, beings as it is an inanimate object and all.

CLA is conjugated linoleic acid. Pretty much a fatty acid. It is supposed to be the kid of fat you get from grass fed meats nd butter. I had bought some back before I stated LC and taken the sporadically. I decided maybe taking like 10 or 12 would help cause that would be alot closer to getting a Tablespoon a day. It also says it has safflower oil too though so not sure about that. I had read up that CLA and GLA (borage oil) were supposed to help lose you lose fat. My daughter started taking the GLA/ Borage oil. It cleared her acne amazingly. Also, ummmm guys excuse us a second Guys don't read this part. If you suffer from breat pain/tenderness the GLA totally gets rid of it. It is amazing.

I was so excited I just knew I was gonna have a loss this am. I got up at 4 am just to weigh. what a dork
Old 03-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumasatus View Post
I just wanted to thank everyone for the support on this thread during the last 2 weeks.

I did it! I won the grand prize in my weight loss competition. There are also smaller prizes every 2 weeks for the person who loses the most in just that time period. Someone lost 15.9 pounds in just the last 2 weeks, so she won that, but even with my 6 pound loss, I was still overall winner because I just kept at it from start to finish.

I ended up with a 12.5% loss. Second place was 12.2%.

I decided to split my winnings with her because the difference between our losses was so tiny.

The person who I was tied with a few weeks ago was not even in the final running. I think she just got too close to goal to lose much more.

I'm just going to save my money until I get to goal and use it to buy some new clothes then.

Hopefully, we can transition rigt into another contest because I do not want to lose my momentum. I've been telling myself, "Every bite counts". That must really be true considering how close the winning numbers were.

Thank you, again for being so supportive.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Congrats
Awesome and nice of you to split the prize!

Quote:
Cherly great job!my weight up .8 this morning but I ate a few nuts last night.my stress is up a little,thinking about selling my beauitful home here in va to move to Md to be close to my grand babies hard choice cause I love it here so much.it will cost more to live there...but I'm praying if its Gods will he will open the doors...
Thanks Becky!
I couldn't imagine moving. That would be scary to me. I live in my Grandma's old house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvettebuff View Post
Congtars on the loss!
Quote:
Closed Thread