Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LOW_CARB_LOLA
Stats: 5'7" 304/154.4/120?
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: January 2012
Homemade valentines day chocolate bombs!

Sooooooo I have been thinking about valentines day chocolate recipes (damn you grocery stores that shamelessly promote valentines day chocolates! Can't I buy my groceries in peace????)

Anyways.... I was thinking:

-Butter
-Cream cheese
-Cocunut oil
-Your choice of nut butter
-sweetener of choice
Put in microwave to melt all ingredients together then freeze in molds

After solified, mix unsweetened cocoa powder and a little bit of coconut milk and sweetener . Dip the frozen gems into the chocolate sauce and stick back in the freezer.

I imagine they would be rich, but would probably hit the spot and diminish this single girl's pity party!

Last edited by LOW_CARB_LOLA; 02-13-2013 at 11:27 PM..
LOW_CARB_LOLA is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2013, 11:48 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MerryKate
Stats: 252/196.5/150
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: April 2011
Sounds good. My vote on the chocolate topping is to use coconut oil and butter mixed with your cocoa powder - the milk fat gives the chocolate a creaminess that's missing with just coconut oil. In case you're not aware, don't heat either splenda or stevia in the microwave - it goes bitter. I ruined several chocolate recipes before I discovered that fact.

I'm kinda thinking coconut butter and unsweetened shredded coconut for the base...sorta like an almond joy. Mmmm.....
MerryKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:33 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
I made some the other day that were delicious, and I had some heart shaped silicone icecube moulds that were perfect for little fatty delights!

I mixed

Kerrygold unsalted butter 6TB
EVCO 6TB
coconut cream 3TB
Cocoa powder 1TB (not the fat reduced one. I buy high fat organic cocoa powder, it's not so bitter)
Almond butter 3TB
vanilla extract 1tsp
Granulated stevia/erythritol 2TB

I melted the butter slowly in a saucepan, then took it off the heat and added all the other ingredients and poured into the moulds. Stuck them in the freezer for about 15 minutes and they came out perfect! I'm keeping them in a tupperware in the fridge and they keep really well and don't stick together.

My diabetic MIL who's not LC loved them too!

Next time I'm going to try and make them more like truffles and whip the whole batch and add 6 T of mascarpone as well for extra creaminess... Will get back to you on that one!

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

my blog:
http://crazybeautyhealth.blogspot.de/
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:15 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

The bombs i made last night are pretty similar to those nut-free bombs - and they're really good! :9 The only difference is that I used equal parts butter, coconut oil and coconut butter for the body, with 1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut and 1 TB amaretto SF torani - a great flavor combination! For the topping I mixed 1 TB butter, 1 TB coconut oil and 28 grams of Theo 86% dark chocolate. That gave me about 1/2" chocolate layer for the top. Next time, I plan to add pecan chunks to the body for a bit more crunch, but it's a winner of a recipe.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:18 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post
Next time I'm going to try and make them more like truffles and whip the whole batch and add 6 T of mascarpone as well for extra creaminess... Will get back to you on that one!
Please do - I want to hear how those turn out! I bought several tubs of mascarpone on sale a while back and have yet to figure out how to use them for goodies. I like cream cheese, but it tends to be a bit sour and I don't always like that flavor in candy. I thought mascarpone might be good for vanilla ketosis balls (I'm trying to make something that tastes like divinity, one of my childhood favorites).
Old 02-15-2013, 12:56 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Will get back to you after the weekend! I just finished my last yummy chocolatey coconutty fat bomb, so it's time to make new ones...

BTW, eating mascarpone off the spoon comes pretty close to heaven IMO!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Subaroo62
Stats: 140/136/129
WOE: LC/HF/MP
Start Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryKate View Post
The bombs i made last night are pretty similar to those nut-free bombs - and they're really good! :9 The only difference is that I used equal parts butter, coconut oil and coconut butter for the body, with 1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut and 1 TB amaretto SF torani - a great flavor combination! For the topping I mixed 1 TB butter, 1 TB coconut oil and 28 grams of Theo 86% dark chocolate. That gave me about 1/2" chocolate layer for the top. Next time, I plan to add pecan chunks to the body for a bit more crunch, but it's a winner of a recipe.
You're FB recipe sounds so good - I love butter and can't wait to try your version.

Thanks for sharing, MerryKate
Subaroo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:17 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Checking in and letting you know how my yummy fat bombs turned out:

This time I used:

1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup EVCO
2 TB coconut cream
1/2 cup kerrygold
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese (mine is really thick)
Then I added 1 tsp vanilla extract
and 2 TB of cocoa powder
and 50 grams (1/2 tablet) lindt 90% chocolate

I melted the fats together then added the cheese, extract, chocolate that I chopped in small pieces and the cocoa powder. Stirred till all melted.

I then added erythritol/stevia granules to taste.

Stirred again and poured into molds which I let set in the freezer for about 30 minutes.

I couldn't help myself and had to try one as soon as they were ready and they really taste like dark chocolate truffles! So rich! Definitely not something you can eat a lot of, but one or two small pieces are just right!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:01 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LOW_CARB_LOLA
Stats: 5'7" 304/154.4/120?
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post
Checking in and letting you know how my yummy fat bombs turned out:

This time I used:

1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup EVCO
2 TB coconut cream
1/2 cup kerrygold
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese (mine is really thick)
Then I added 1 tsp vanilla extract
and 2 TB of cocoa powder
and 50 grams (1/2 tablet) lindt 90% chocolate

I melted the fats together then added the cheese, extract, chocolate that I chopped in small pieces and the cocoa powder. Stirred till all melted.

I then added erythritol/stevia granules to taste.

Stirred again and poured into molds which I let set in the freezer for about 30 minutes.

I couldn't help myself and had to try one as soon as they were ready and they really taste like dark chocolate truffles! So rich! Definitely not something you can eat a lot of, but one or two small pieces are just right!

That sounds to die for!!!!
LOW_CARB_LOLA is online now   Reply With Quote