Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
well I made the mayo, I didn't expect it to taste so baconey Just kiddin

It was very easy. Just dumped it all in the food processor cold. The bacon grease was in the fridge so it was solid. I only used 3 egg yolks cause I had jumbo eggs and they are huge. Not sure if its good or not yet. I took a tiny taste but I can't just eat mayo. I tasted bacon.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/154/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
I bet that mayo would be yummy with tuna. I can't wait to hear how it is.

I think both my nausea and my complete lack of appetite are gone today. I'm hungry! I think no appetite is worth a little nausea. I wonder if it's because I didn't have enough fat today. But I don't think it was substantially lower than normal. I did have HWC instead of coconut oil, but I've done that other days without this effect. Anyhow, tomorrow I'll have CO in the a.m. and see what happens.

ckd support group thread

gynema thread

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb, intermittent fasting
I have walked 162 miles since April 1.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
I'm curious as to ct's take on that vaccine.
I don't like any of the vaccines for the most part...but in Texas this one is mandated for college entry. Oldest DD missed the requirement, and Alabama didn't require it; youngest DD had it, and I just told her it's not on the "hit" list, and unless she wanted to hire an attorney or find an unknown religion to join quick-like...take the stupid thing.

Been really long days at work the past week, will catch up soon, hope all are doing well!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:18 AM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Morning all had a great flight back,we are still here in Ga. Will rest today and back tommorow to beautiful mountains of Va.i had the best time ever my one wish would be all of you could have been there with me! Diet not so good but that's ok was worth it.i will be back home sat so a back to my reg.eating I really do miss it.today is the first time I've had co in my coffee in 7 days.it taste real good.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #185
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Weigh-in Feb 08, 2013

Weigh-in this morning ... 204.3 so down a little bit today
Old 02-08-2013, 06:24 AM   #186
Blabbermouth!!!

back Becky! Nothing beats a really wonderful vacation!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Morning all had a great flight back,we are still here in Ga. Will rest today and back tommorow to beautiful mountains of Va.i had the best time ever my one wish would be all of you could have been there with me! Diet not so good but that's ok was worth it.i will be back home sat so a back to my reg.eating I really do miss it.today is the first time I've had co in my coffee in 7 days.it taste real good.
I'm so glad you had such a fabulous time......

Welcome home!!!! Thanks for your sweet notes/updates etc.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
I don't like any of the vaccines for the most part...but in Texas this one is mandated for college entry. Oldest DD missed the requirement, and Alabama didn't require it; youngest DD had it, and I just told her it's not on the "hit" list, and unless she wanted to hire an attorney or find an unknown religion to join quick-like...take the stupid thing.

Been really long days at work the past week, will catch up soon, hope all are doing well!
Thanks, I hope your work schedule slows down. Miss hearing from you.

Quote:
Sorry it's over for ya. I wish ya had another week to enjoy. But, I am glad your coming back.

Quote:
Weigh-in this morning ... 204.3 so down a little bit today

Wow your doing great! Congrats
Old 02-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

My weigh in was 160.5 that is what it was day before yesterday.

For lunch I took some swai and spread the bacon mayo on it. Then I sprinkled it with parmasan cheese and baked it at 400 till it was a lil brown on top. YUM!!!

I also mixed about a teaspoon full it in my eggs this am. Oh Lard! that was Good.

Not sure how it would go with everything but so far YUM!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #190
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
My weigh in was 160.5 that is what it was day before yesterday.

For lunch I took some swai and spread the bacon mayo on it. Then I sprinkled it with parmasan cheese and baked it at 400 till it was a lil brown on top. YUM!!!

I also mixed about a teaspoon full it in my eggs this am. Oh Lard! that was Good.

Not sure how it would go with everything but so far YUM!
Congrats!!

I cooked up the whole 48oz package of bacon ends and pieces last night so I have a whole lot of bacon grease. I may try whipping up a tiny amount to try
Old 02-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

I know how ya hate mayo, but ya may like it. It is bacony.
I didn't use the measurements exactly. I will mess around with the recipe some cause I only wanna make a little at a time. Don't need that much at one time. But, I am also gonna see if I can make some salad dressing with it. I wanna get away from soybean oil if I can. I also think it is a lil better today than it was when I first tasted it. The flavors had time to blend.
But I kinda feel guilty eating it. Like I am eating bacon grease with a spoon or something.

Last edited by Clueless; 02-08-2013 at 09:33 AM..
Old 02-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #192
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
eating bacon grease with a spoon or something

It is the only kind of mayo that I am seriously considering trying. It is funny because I have known the very simple ingredients for normal mayo for a long time but I cannot get past my compulsive dislike for the end product of those ingredients lol. Bacon mayo, on the other hand, is a different enough beast that it sounds good even to me
Old 02-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

I just told DH that I was moving us to saturated fats to get aawy from veg oils. I said so if we die young that'll mean I was wrong about sat fat.
He said "no problem then we will miss the alzheimers and adult diapers."
what a trooper
Old 02-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #194
Blabbermouth!!!

lol
Old 02-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:
I know how ya hate mayo, but ya may like it. It is bacony.
I didn't use the measurements exactly. I will mess around with the recipe some cause I only wanna make a little at a time. Don't need that much at one time. But, I am also gonna see if I can make some salad dressing with it. I wanna get away from soybean oil if I can. I also think it is a lil better today than it was when I first tasted it. The flavors had time to blend.
But I kinda feel guilty eating it. Like I am eating bacon grease with a spoon or something.
Cheryl...it makes an awesome salad dressing...just "think" about spinach salads with hot bacon dressing.....that's what I did once and had totally forgotten about it. I made a "cold" bacon dressing and it was delicious. Major Red would definitely like it!!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/154/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Cheryl...it makes an awesome salad dressing...just "think" about spinach salads with hot bacon dressing.....that's what I did once and had totally forgotten about it. I made a "cold" bacon dressing and it was delicious. Major Red would definitely like it!!!!
Yes! I was thinking of a cold creamy version of hot bacon dressing. Yum!
Old 02-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #197
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Ooooooh, that does sound good heh

Actually I'm glad you mentioned it because I'm cooking fish for dinner tonight and I might try to whip up some of that bacon stuff to eat with it.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

that was funny cherly!!!ill be glad to get back in my own bed!!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Hi guys, just catching up now. Busy week at school and pretty stressed out, blah!
Old 02-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #200
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Becky

Hi mizzcase
Old 02-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #201
Blabbermouth!!!

I made my bacon dressing. For a first attempt it wasn't bad. I only used one egg yolk because I didn't want to risk a lot of bacon grease.

It was flat tasting so I added a little mustard. Not very good that way but edible. Also I found a site that said the secret to home made dressing was a teaspoon of water mixed with the yolk(s) before adding the oil. That did work well since the dressing didn't separate on me and I was doing it by hand. I used egg yolk, bacon grease, mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne.

It was pretty good on the fish though.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #202
Blabbermouth!!!

Food log - Feb 08, 2013

Numbers and log for today.

Calories: 1,866

Fat: 151
Pro: 122
Car: 12

71/26/2

Breakfast: Coffee and CO.
Lunch: Bacon and eggs.
Dinner: Fish, dressing, tomato.
Snack: HWC float.
End of Day: 1oz CO.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I believe mizzcase is the mascarpone fiend around here. Seems like she mentioned it in last month's thread. I keep forgetting to look for it when I am at the store.

You could ask for a specific amount. Like 1oz or whatever. Those baristas want to make you happy unless it is a sucky location with bad management. I'm just guessing they'd do it. They should have jiggers so it should be easy to grab one and measure the amount rather than just pour it in.

I remember about 15 years ago I was telling someone that Subway puts too much mustard on my subs. That person said, oh! just tell them '3 lines' or '4 lines' or however many lines of the condiment you want them to draw across the sub. heh Eureka! Never had an over saturated mustard sub again. You mayo eaters need mustard application remedial training from my experience.

Yes, I am (was) the mistress of mascarpone. After I got back from Texas, something about the texture turned me off though. Haven't eaten it since. Which is strange, because I can't think of any food texture that has ever bothered me before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
I bet that mayo would be yummy with tuna. I can't wait to hear how it is.

I think both my nausea and my complete lack of appetite are gone today. I'm hungry! I think no appetite is worth a little nausea. I wonder if it's because I didn't have enough fat today. But I don't think it was substantially lower than normal. I did have HWC instead of coconut oil, but I've done that other days without this effect. Anyhow, tomorrow I'll have CO in the a.m. and see what happens.
So glad to hear the nausea has subsided!

Quote:
Becky, did you sail out of GA? I am on the coast in Savannah.

Quote:

It is the only kind of mayo that I am seriously considering trying. It is funny because I have known the very simple ingredients for normal mayo for a long time but I cannot get past my compulsive dislike for the end product of those ingredients lol. Bacon mayo, on the other hand, is a different enough beast that it sounds good even to me
Yuck, I am with you, I HATE mayo. It is my number one most hated food. I think numbers 2 and 3 are carrots and eggplant. GAG. I was raised on Miracle Whip growing up. Good stuff, haha. I miss it so much since I've gone off it in NK.

In other news, does anyone put HWC in their green tea? We are out of coffee and I am going to try to go without it this weekend. It won't be pretty, but I am too tired to leave the house to buy some more!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #204
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm sure I have seen someone mention using tea instead of coffee with HWC and CO.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Becky!!!! Go back to puerto Rico I mean we miss ya but...
You don't wanna come back here yet!!
The wind is blowing 30 mph and gusts as high as 55 to 60. I thought I heard a tornado twice already. GROSS!
This weather is really stinkin lately!
Old 02-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I made my bacon dressing. For a first attempt it wasn't bad. I only used one egg yolk because I didn't want to risk a lot of bacon grease.

It was flat tasting so I added a little mustard. Not very good that way but edible. Also I found a site that said the secret to home made dressing was a teaspoon of water mixed with the yolk(s) before adding the oil. That did work well since the dressing didn't separate on me and I was doing it by hand. I used egg yolk, bacon grease, mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne.

It was pretty good on the fish though.
I am gonna try some cayenne too. Good idea
Old 02-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Hi to all! Hope your week was good, it's definitely a TGIF evening!
Becky, it is so wonderful to have a great vacation, post some pics when you get settled back at home! A beach is such a peaceful place, I love sitting in the sand, listening to the waves, so much "ahhhh"! How was the food there?
Darin, for real? You making mayo, and eating it?? Even if it's bacon, which OBTW, sounds very good, I love mayo nearly anyway. My favorite is chipote flavored! Add smoked ones or roasted in the oven ones, and oh my yum!
Shelley, send that old camera to my brother, he loves them!!! No cell phone sounds peaceful right now after this past week!
Cheryl, good path to get off anything soybean...that stuff is not good for us at all. The only soy that is "safe" is fermented soy...I made the mistake a long time ago trying to cook tofu! Two bites and it was in the trash, sweet DH tried to eat it, bless his heart, we were married about a month...I took the rest and put in the trash can, grilled a few cheese sandwiches! Never had that bbblleehh stuff since those bites! Young boys should not eat soy products at all, it sets up hormone issues.
rubidoux, hot bacon dressing sounds wonderful, even on meat!
Mizz, it's the weekend, maybe the stress will stay at bay for a couple days! I would love to say I loved college, but that would be a lie! The classes, bllehhh, the friendships made, priceless! Perhaps Texas changed your taste buds! I have never had this cheese, looked for it in HEB, not there. Dunno?? I prefer hard cheeses, not soft ones, texture issues for me too.
I use HWC in green tea, the citrus one, it's good.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:09 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

morning going home burrrrr, mizz.i flew out of jacksonville.we are in brunswick ga.
should be home around 3or 4
Old 02-09-2013, 05:21 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Ahh cool, Becky. Brunswick is where they train a lot of the federal agents/DC law enforcement people.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:08 AM   #210
Blabbermouth!!!

Drive safe Becky
Closed Thread