Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #1201
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolash View Post
Alright, now im more mad.

Monday - 324.2
Wed - 325.4
Fri - 327.3???? WTH

How am i GAINING weight. Red, im freaking out bro, help please. I get that it can be a slow process but over 2 weeks legit tracking now (except yesterday) and the numbers have gone up! I haven't worked out since Monday.

Maybe my metobolism is so screwed up from years of yo'yo'ing that it doesnt know im a guy this size and eating this many calories is messing me up,

or maybe its the back pain - which btw is still bad but less than yesterday, and taking the anti-inflam and muscle relaxers i bought are helping the pain. If it was kidneys apparently they wouldn't help.

Or maybe someone is sneaking into my bedroom at night and injecting my veins with white bread. This is how i feel: #$(!(!#$()!#$

Edit: i didnt eat breakfast today - just coffee w/ hwc - i have no appetite, in part from feeling sorry for myself, i'll take something to work maybe

Sorry All as usual for being a whiney b. But you all know how frustrating this is, and i feel like im the only one here not losing.
*slap* snap out of it! heh

Kelly is exactly right. Inflammation screws with weight. Meds can also affect weight loss.

Look at what you yourself said:
Quote:
thu feb 21st - 2320 63/32/5 - 178 pro/43 car (16 carbs in brocolli and cauliflower? 5 in raw mushrooms? b.s.) - weight - 324.3
fri feb 22nd - didnt track, only have breakfast, but i ate very similar to the next day
sat feb 23rd - 2569 70/24/6 - 155 pro/33 car- weight 324
sun feb 24th - 2674 74/21/5 - 152 pro/39 car - weight 324.2
mon feb 25th - 3324 74/23/3 - 169 pro/32 car - weight 324.2

Haven't lost any weight
You posted that on the 26th. What was your weigh-in the 27th? Assuming that your intense pain was caused by something on the 27th expressing itself the morning of the 28th, it is pretty clear that the pain and inflammation (which may not be visible externally) is the culprit.

Didn't you have the korean food on the 27th? Is that something you eat rarely or often? When is the last time you ate that stuff from that particular restaurant? Maybe you are having a reaction to msg or some other ingredient? Have you explained your symptoms and asked your family if they had any sort of reaction at all?

Except for the acute issue you are having, you are healthy and active so I do not think that Phinney is wrong about you or your actual caloric expenditure. Exit the Total Perspective Vortex dude.

You might also consider that whatever is going on with that pain it is unlikely to be helped by greatly restricting calories. Your body needs energy to fight whatever it is.

How's your pure water intake? Are you keeping it up? How about sodium? Are you keeping an eye on that to make sure you are getting enough?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2013, 07:24 AM   #1202
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgirl View Post
YES! That's what I was going to say! I guess my urinal etiquette is pretty up to snuff. Though the sink consideration... hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the laugh, Darin! And I know you'll be back in Onederland in no time
Restroom scenarios can be quite tense for the manly man.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:38 AM   #1203
Blabbermouth!!!

The new thread is up!

I completely revamped the intro to make it more concise.

High Fat NK 80/15/5 - March Version

I'll ask the mods to close this thread. See ya'll over on the new thread
Closed Thread