Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #1171
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: zgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Alright Missy. Let's see if you can pass a simple man test.

You walk into the restroom. There are 5 urinals along one wall. One guy is there and he is at the 3rd urinal.

Which urinal do you use and why?
Okay I have been a little tired lately and just lurking, but this suckered me right back in. I cannot WAIT to hear the answer to this one!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #1172
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
I'm in the men's room eating chips.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #1173
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
I'm in the men's room eating chips.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:23 PM   #1174
Blabbermouth!!!

Food log - Feb 28, 2013

Numbers and log for today.

Calories: 2,511

Fat: 213
Pro: 134
Car: 18

75/23/3

Breakfast: Coffee, CO, HWC.
Lunch: Pork, cauliflower boiled with 2 bouillon, butter and bacon grease, cheese and sour cream.
Dinner: Chicken, steak bites, a little butter.
Snack: HWC float.
End of Day: 1oz CO.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #1175
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Myles
too much pain to track, but

calories: 0-3000
fat, pro, carb 0 - 250
macros - prolly 75/23/3 also

took 2 robaxcet platinum - i think they may work
Old 02-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #1176
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:

Old 02-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #1177
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dasschus
Stats: 250/195/145
WOE: HFLC/nutritional ketosis
Start Date: February 2013
Today's numbers. Last day of the fat fast. You can bet I'll be crowing down on a piece of bacon tomorrow. What kind of world do we live in when I have to say, "I can't eat bacon because there isn't enough fat in it"?!

Calories: 1086 86% of calories from fat

Caramel coffee
Macadamia nuts
Lemony cream cheese
Pecans
Asian noodles (to die for!)

I highly recommend the Fat Fast cookbook even if you have no intention of doing a fat fast. The recipes are perfect for a ketogenic diet. Most recipes are over 80% fat and I haven't tried anything I didn't like.

These are the awesome Asian noodles. I may have licked the bowl.

Kelly
Old 02-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #1178
Blabbermouth!!!

Sadly, the descriptions I've read about those noodles precludes ol' Darin from ever trying them heh

Old 02-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #1179
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Alright Missy. Let's see if you can pass a simple man test.

You walk into the restroom. There are 5 urinals along one wall. One guy is there and he is at the 3rd urinal.

Which urinal do you use and why?
Since the new thread starts tomorrow I'll answer my question tonight.

The answer is...

The first urinal closest to the door. That way you do not have to walk past this inconsiderate clod that has chosen the worst possible spot for a solo guy. There is an exception to this rule. If the sinks are inches from the first urinal then you must proceed to the farthest urinal.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #1180
Senior LCF Member

i bought shirataki noodles today and bought the fast fat cookbook last night, will be reading.

I need help - next week im on the road on a sales trip (providing my back improves and i dont cancel it) - and its easy to get lowcarb and protein food anywhere now..but its really hard to get high fat and low carb - any ideas?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #1181
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sadly, the descriptions I've read about those noodles precludes ol' Darin from ever trying them heh

Uh oh. What have you read? Should I be worried?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #1182
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goolash View Post
i bought shirataki noodles today and bought the fast fat cookbook last night, will be reading.

I need help - next week im on the road on a sales trip (providing my back improves and i dont cancel it) - and its easy to get lowcarb and protein food anywhere now..but its really hard to get high fat and low carb - any ideas?
Can you bring macadamia nuts or pecans? Cheese?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #1183
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasschus View Post
Can you bring macadamia nuts or pecans? Cheese?
sure i can bring or buy anything there - arent the nuts high in carbs?
Old 02-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #1184
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Uh oh. What have you read? Should I be worried?
No, nothing to worry about

It is just the texture and smell that I've read about. It isn't a big loss for me though because I do not hanker much for LC friendly lookalikes. In particular, stuff that clones wheat based dishes. Wheat was making me so sick and I don't want to do things that might make me forget about how sick I was when I was eating it.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #1185
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: zgirl
Quote:
Since the new thread starts tomorrow I'll answer my question tonight.

The answer is...

The first urinal closest to the door. That way you do not have to walk past this inconsiderate clod that has chosen the worst possible spot for a solo guy. There is an exception to this rule. If the sinks are inches from the first urinal then you must proceed to the farthest urinal.

YES! That's what I was going to say! I guess my urinal etiquette is pretty up to snuff. Though the sink consideration... hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the laugh, Darin! And I know you'll be back in Onederland in no time
Old 02-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #1186
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
sure i can bring or buy anything there - arent the nuts high in carbs?
Hmmm....I don't think macadamia nuts are too bad but I was only eating an ounce. Lol That's not but maybe 1/4 cup.

How about some summer sausage and cheese?
Old 02-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #1187
Senior LCF Member

i can buy anything but the weather is going to be nice so dont know if the rental car will be cold enough to act as a refrigerator so non perishables will be best
Old 02-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #1188
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DesertRose
In a pinch, a quality garbage bag, to protect the rental car, a bag of ice in the bottom, your food in another bag from the store (to stay dry). Also can use several layers of newspapers to wrap food good for an hour or so. Only buy what you are going to eat as you need it, salami and cheese, for instance. Pretty safe until you actually open the pkg. Cheese sticks too. (Although Salami is not the best for a salesman's breath, LOL.) In a real pinch, a low carb shake, or 1/2 mixed with HWC? Good luck, you'll figure it out.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #1189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amandacj08
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
I always think of my current weight as being my most recent low weight unless I've eaten off plan. I am currently 184.0, whether the scale said 184.6 this morning or not.
I like the way you think!

I'm sorry about the bounce, Darin..that sucks but at least you know its probably water weight or something silly and not a true gain.

Goolash - please take care of yourself! It could be a kidney stone as well, and it is better to be safe than sorry.

WI this morning has be down from my bobble at 192.8 but not as low as Monday. I've been trying to add extra salt but I think its backfiring on me, I feel more swollen!

I ate out today for lunch (business) and I had a smoked salmon caesar salad no croutons. It had 6 oz of protein dangit...so I"m very near my calorie limit for the day and I am only 111 g of fat and 111g of protein...I'm going to go over my cal limit (by about 70 calories) and have some coffee with CO so I can get my fat up.

Dasschus - I love cream cheese with lemon and sweetner! It tastes awesome on berries and if you add a little lemon zest it's even better! I think I need to check out that fat fast cookbook.

Welcome, April!

Deb - that is awesome! I wish I could do that...sometimes I really miss those foods...I doubt I would be able to stop with a small amount though. Definitely trigger foods for me!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #1190
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Quote:
We'll have to wait on someone else to speak to the actual test and numbers Jayne. I am not well informed about the details.

But Jimmy Moore has two podcasts with Dr. Dayspring who is a lipidologist. Maybe one or both of them can answer some questions for you?

'The LLVLC Show (Episode 585): Lipidologist Dr. Thomas Dayspring Explains The Truth About Cholesterol'

'ATLCX (Episode 29): Dr. Thomas Dayspring | Cholesterol Testing: What Matters Most?'

As I recall, he talks about triglycerides in both of them too.

He said that total particle count is the real indicator rather than the current HDL/LDL paradigm. He said if you have a high total particle count it doesn't matter much how the particles shake out size-wise because the damage is from the fact that the freight train of bad has so many full cars. I'm probably killing his analogy.

You said yourself that A1C is not linear. Going from 7.8 to 7.3 is not a case of 'a little better' is it? Ignore the impulse to over think it with could haves and would ofs and should ofs. Forgive my ignorance, but isn't a .5% drop using diet alone pretty friggin amazing?

Maybe the bad kidney test was a lab error? You can ask to have it retested.

Find another doctor. It is worth changing doctors. I want my doctor to work with me. This is a partnership not a banana republic with El Jefe wearing a white lab coat instead of a military uniform. It doesn't have to be a big deal. You don't have to march in and give him a piece of your LC mind. Your health is important enough to feel comfortable with the care provider without feeling guilty about wanting someone who is more involved in what is going on with your body.
Thanks for all this, Darin. I have kind of allowed myself to have today as a freak out day over this and I'm planning on keeping on keeping on tomorrow. When I was dx'd with diabetes 20 years ago I had a really hard time accepting it and was really obsessed with it for several months (reading everything I could find about it, testing my b/s a gazillion times a day, being *perfect*, and then so not perfect). And while I'd like to be informed and take care of myself, I cannot get that way over this. Tomorrow it's back to business as usual.

I am gonna go check out those podcasts, though. I am developing a soft spot for Jimmy Moore.

Quote:

I actually kind of like them, but so far only in asian-y dishes.

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb
once a day feeding
Old 03-01-2013, 04:36 AM   #1191
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
In a pinch, a quality garbage bag, to protect the rental car, a bag of ice in the bottom, your food in another bag from the store (to stay dry). Also can use several layers of newspapers to wrap food good for an hour or so. Only buy what you are going to eat as you need it, salami and cheese, for instance. Pretty safe until you actually open the pkg. Cheese sticks too. (Although Salami is not the best for a salesman's breath, LOL.) In a real pinch, a low carb shake, or 1/2 mixed with HWC? Good luck, you'll figure it out.
ya protein shakes have always been easy, just getting teh fat in is hard - lol pepperoni breath
Old 03-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #1192
Senior LCF Member

Alright, now im more mad.

Monday - 324.2
Wed - 325.4
Fri - 327.3???? WTH

How am i GAINING weight. Red, im freaking out bro, help please. I get that it can be a slow process but over 2 weeks legit tracking now (except yesterday) and the numbers have gone up! I haven't worked out since Monday.

Maybe my metobolism is so screwed up from years of yo'yo'ing that it doesnt know im a guy this size and eating this many calories is messing me up,

or maybe its the back pain - which btw is still bad but less than yesterday, and taking the anti-inflam and muscle relaxers i bought are helping the pain. If it was kidneys apparently they wouldn't help.

Or maybe someone is sneaking into my bedroom at night and injecting my veins with white bread. This is how i feel: #$(!(!#$()!#$

Edit: i didnt eat breakfast today - just coffee w/ hwc - i have no appetite, in part from feeling sorry for myself, i'll take something to work maybe

Sorry All as usual for being a whiney b. But you all know how frustrating this is, and i feel like im the only one here not losing.

Last edited by Myles; 03-01-2013 at 05:06 AM..
Old 03-01-2013, 05:20 AM   #1193
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Alright, now im more mad.

Monday - 324.2
Wed - 325.4
Fri - 327.3???? WTH

How am i GAINING weight. Red, im freaking out bro, help please. I get that it can be a slow process but over 2 weeks legit tracking now (except yesterday) and the numbers have gone up! I haven't worked out since Monday.

Maybe my metobolism is so screwed up from years of yo'yo'ing that it doesnt know im a guy this size and eating this many calories is messing me up,

or maybe its the back pain - which btw is still bad but less than yesterday, and taking the anti-inflam and muscle relaxers i bought are helping the pain. If it was kidneys apparently they wouldn't help.

Or maybe someone is sneaking into my bedroom at night and injecting my veins with white bread. This is how i feel: #$(!(!#$()!#$

Edit: i didnt eat breakfast today - just coffee w/ hwc - i have no appetite, in part from feeling sorry for myself, i'll take something to work maybe

Sorry All as usual for being a whiney b. But you all know how frustrating this is, and i feel like im the only one here not losing.
There are people here that know a lot more about all of this than I do but if your back is hurting there may be some inflammation going in which can cause a temporary gain. If you know you're in ketosis and you're keeping your calories reasonable and protein moderate, I would blame it on inflammation. Maybe take what I call a "sanity break" where I step away from the scale for a week and stop stressing over it.

Even Jimmy Moore's weight has had its ups and downs but the TREND has been downward. In my own weight loss, I've had days where I gain even when staying on track and it's usually followed by a nice loss.

Kelly
Old 03-01-2013, 05:25 AM   #1194
Senior LCF Member

Ok, the Fat Fast results are in. I lost 6 pounds in 5 days. I went from 204.9 to 198.9. Yay!!!
I was already on low carb for two weeks (except for one crawfish and beer meal) so this isn't all water weight.

I didn't have too many issues with hunger. There were only two times I can think if where I was hungry and it was before dinner. My energy increased and I slept better and felt happy!

Today I embark on high fat, moderate protein, low carb as described in The Art and Science of Low Carb Performance. I hate tracking everything I eat but I'm doing this as a sort of experiment to share with my blog readers.

Very, very happy today.

Kelly
Old 03-01-2013, 06:06 AM   #1195
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pibble mama
Stats: 289.6/283/175!!
WOE: NK newbie!
Start Date: January 2013
Good morning everyone! I had to travel yesterday and I got zero sleep the night before. I tried my very best to stay on plan, packed my lunch but of course everyone wanted to go to a great place called which which....if you have one i HIGHLY recommend! OMGEE! I had this lettuce wrapped concoction with 5 meats, 3 cheeses and an olive spread. I am sure there were some hidden sugars or something, but it came close and was super dee-lish! Then for dinner I had french onion soup (picked the croutons off) and 6 grilled wings w franks and ranch. It was almost 11 when I got home....so beat! I didn't weigh today, but did yesterday and stayed the same.

I hope everyone has a good day...if there is a new thread can someone direct me?

Myles, don't despair, i panic every time i step on the scale expecting a gain. I am sure that as long as you are following plan it is a small bump and you will see a drop/whoosh soon!

Last edited by pibble mama; 03-01-2013 at 06:50 AM..
Old 03-01-2013, 06:37 AM   #1196
Blabbermouth!!!

New thread will be up soon!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:44 AM   #1197
Blabbermouth!!!

Weigh-in Mar 1, 2013

Weigh-in this morning ... 200.1
Old 03-01-2013, 06:45 AM   #1198
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Ok, the Fat Fast results are in. I lost 6 pounds in 5 days. I went from 204.9 to 198.9. Yay!!!
I was already on low carb for two weeks (except for one crawfish and beer meal) so this isn't all water weight.

I didn't have too many issues with hunger. There were only two times I can think if where I was hungry and it was before dinner. My energy increased and I slept better and felt happy!

Today I embark on high fat, moderate protein, low carb as described in The Art and Science of Low Carb Performance. I hate tracking everything I eat but I'm doing this as a sort of experiment to share with my blog readers.

Very, very happy today.

Kelly

Awesome results from your FF Kelly
Old 03-01-2013, 06:53 AM   #1199
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Very, very happy today.

Kelly
Wow kelly, that's awesome, congratulations!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:55 AM   #1200
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pibble mama View Post
Good morning everyone! I had to travel yesterday and I got zero sleep the night before. I tried my very best to stay on plan, packed my lunch but of course everyone wanted to go to a great place called which which....if you have one i HIGHLY recommend! OMGEE! I had this lettuce wrapped concoction with 5 meats, 3 cheeses and an olive spread. I am sure there were some hidden sugars or something, but it came close and was super dee-lish! Then for dinner I had french onion soup (picked the croutons off) and 6 grilled wings w franks and ranch. It was almost 11 when I got home....so beat! I didn't weigh today, but did yesterday and stayed the same.

I hope everyone has a good day...if there is a new thread can someone direct me?

Myles, don't despair, i panic every time i step on the scale expecting a gain. I am sure that as long as you are following plan it is a small bump and you will see a drop/whoosh soon!
Thx Theresa, I'm not weighing myself at least until march 9th now. I'm fed up with the scale (and partly because i will be on a sales trip)
Closed Thread