Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #961
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
CT
Are they sure that DD doesn't have others allergies along with celiacs?
Modifies food starc is an iffie one. Supposed to be GF but I do not think it always is.
I got hold of some chex cereals before going LC that I thought was gonna kill me. They were clearly labeled GF but boy oh boy they were NOT!

I saw an article about a 3 yr old the was allergic to everything but 1 formula. They repackaged the formula, swore that only the parkaging had changed and lo and behold it makes him sick. His parents have stocked up on the old packages but don't know what he will eat when this stuff is gone. There is a lot of lying going on about what is in the stuff we consume.
We are heading into allergy testing next. MSG and MFS are out, I figured they could be issues. Cumin as well. Chex GF??? We don't eat grain, but really....I'm certain it was processed, boxed, manufactured in the same place! I was allergic to nearly everything as a child, well, still am....no milk growing up, it worked out okay.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #962
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Myles
damn.

3324 calories today, i tried too hard to increase cals and went over!

245/169/32 - 73.5/22.5/4
Old 02-25-2013, 09:09 PM   #963
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amandacj08
Heck of a day at work! This is my *crunch month* and it all leads up to this week. Killer headache from stress...or could be induction? I came home and laid next to my daughter while she watched tv and crashed! 2 hours later I woke up made up some shrimp in garlic butter for dinner. I'm really happy with my numbers today. 1653 140/78/27
Old 02-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #964
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goolash View Post
damn.

3324 calories today, i tried too hard to increase cals and went over!

245/169/32 - 73.5/22.5/4
I hate when that happens! It usually makes me want to go do some cardio to limit the damage (or make me feel less guilty). I'm sure that probably doesn't work though.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #965
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I hated the olive oil mayo. The bacon grease mayo was better.
congrats
Thanks, Clueless! My hubby will be so excited to hear this. Although, he loved that fried cabbage so much I'm not sure he is going to want to use the bacon grease on anything else.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #966
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MerryKate
Stats: 252/196.5/150
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: April 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pibble mama View Post
Is there a point that ya'll totally lose that sweet urge? Or are there some poor unfortunate souls (that would be me) who would rather eat sweets than reg. food???
That would be me, too. For dinner I had chocolate pecan cake smothered in chocolate whipped cream cheese frosting. All low carb and sugar-free. (For the record, I chased the cake with chicken and brussels sprouts.)

There may be some that lose their sweet tooth, but you don't have to give up sweets to lose weight. So I'm not gonna.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #967
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandacj08 View Post
I hate when that happens! It usually makes me want to go do some cardio to limit the damage (or make me feel less guilty). I'm sure that probably doesn't work though.
Well it was a workout day, but im not sure if i can keep eating this many calories!

Red, how long do i have to do it for again till i know if it works or i need to reduce cals?
Old 02-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #968
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryKate View Post
That would be me, too. For dinner I had chocolate pecan cake smothered in chocolate whipped cream cheese frosting. All low carb and sugar-free. (For the record, I chased the cake with chicken and brussels sprouts.)

There may be some that lose their sweet tooth, but you don't have to give up sweets to lose weight. So I'm not gonna.
I believe this will be me as well....I think about chocolate a lot, even if its just cocoa powder in whipped cream. I don't know how I will ever completely cut it out, but I am ok with forgoing it to get past this stall.

Can you share the recipe? Sounds awesome!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:06 PM   #969
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Quote:
I have been around 159 to 162 since before Christmas, but am losing inches so it isn't technically a stall but ya know us women
That's so long to be stuck! I hope you have a big loss soon. But huge kudos to you for sticking with it.

I really hope that I can stay the course no matter what the scale says. Today I did well. Weighed in one pound up (for no reason at all, I might add) and wasn't terribly bothered by it. The old me would have been itchy and finding reasons to cheat.

Quote:
ok, i have a weird question....I have noticed over the past week or so that I have been experiencing hearburn a lil at night.....is that from the increased fat in my diet??? hmmmm, co has never been a problem, I can have quite a bit of it everyday if i want w no ill effects. I'm just thinking maybe i'm finally putting 2+2 together since i have been reading this thread all day....i'm on pg 21 lol
Normally when I do low carb, I don't have any heartburn, but I have had some with NK. Not as much as when I eat carbs, but still, I want to feel great, not just a bit better. I do think it's the higher fat in my case. One thing that might help is not eating too late in the day. I am going to tweak some things over the next couple of months, probably, and maybe when I'm feeling really settled into the WOE, I will make it my business to solve my heartburn problems. For now, I drink 1/2 t of baking soda in a few ounces of water and that takes care of it. I believe (not totally sure of this, maybe someone else here knows) that if baking soda works for you it's too much acid and if ACV works it's not enough. I've never tried ACV bc I'm scared. But baking soda does take care of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Weigh-in this morning ... 200.1 lol dang it.
Gah!

Quote:
Is there a point that ya'll totally lose that sweet urge? Or are there some poor unfortunate souls (that would be me) who would rather eat sweets than reg. food??? Though, i am digging this avocado w/ salmon!
I doubt I will ever totally lose that urge, but it is so much easier to control it now than it ever has been before, even when I was doing atkins and in ketosis. Atkins helped but not nearly as much. I can and have gone days without sweets on NK, which I never ever did before. Once I realized I could do it on NK, I would sometimes purposely do it just because I could and it was cool to have that level of ease with it. It's pretty liberating.

And now I really don't feel the need for something that comes close to the stuff I used to eat while carbing it up. Usually 3 or so tablespoons of mascarpone with a packet of truvia and some maple flavoring is a satisfying treat. Another really good one, though I've only done it once now, is cinnamon pork rinds.

This is goofy, you guys, but I'm kind of jittery and nervous about getting my blood tests done tomorrow. It's the fullest set of tests I could get the doctor to order. Last time around the only fat test they did was called "LDL direct" which had gone from 109 a couple of years back to 146 on 10/15/12. The doctor of course acted as if this was outrageous and I was clearly eating too much fat. Who, me? Anyhow, from the two year old test all of the other numbers are pretty awesome I think (HDL 60 and triglycerides 61) and I expect they may be even better now. But I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see that stupid LDL direct number go up. I have been just taking his Rx's for statins and putting them on the fridge to collect dust, so I guess I'll just keep on keeping on. But I'd love for the numbers to actually look good to him, yk? Do mainstream normal doctors ever run whatever test it is that tells you how big your LDL particles are? Or did I read somewhere that the only place you can get it done is Rhode Island or somewhere? I am in San Diego and I have this fantasy that Peter Attia will open up an NK practice here. That would be the bomb.

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb
once a day feeding
Old 02-26-2013, 03:26 AM   #970
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Nothing like being woken up at 6 AM by tornado sirens. No worries, Savannah. I didn't need that sleep.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:28 AM   #971
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Quote:
Ok, on the "floats" how much hwc do you use? I have frozen coffee cubes, i might try one of those later tomorrow if i need me a pick me up! Lol I also have the best of intentions at night, to get up the next morning and do something active....sigh....so far, that hasn't happened! lol
I do 2 oz (4T) HWC.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:22 AM   #972
Senior LCF Member

alright, time to cry and moan. I did my measurements this mornign first time, and while i am not sharing them, i will share the differences if there are any

Here are my calories, macros, and pro/car for most of the last week+ including a few weights

sun feb 17th - 3221 80/16/4 - 131 pro/31 car
mon feb 18th - 2537 81/16/3 - 105 pro/16 car
tue feb 19th - 2190 88/11/1 - 60 pro/23 car
wed feb 20th - 1899 74/24/2 - 113 pro/11 car
thu feb 21st - 2320 63/32/5 - 178 pro/43 car (16 carbs in brocolli and cauliflower? 5 in raw mushrooms? b.s.) - weight - 324.3
fri feb 22nd - didnt track, only have breakfast, but i ate very similar to the next day
sat feb 23rd - 2569 70/24/6 - 155 pro/33 car- weight 324
sun feb 24th - 2674 74/21/5 - 152 pro/39 car - weight 324.2
mon feb 25th - 3324 74/23/3 - 169 pro/32 car - weight 324.2

Haven't lost any weight, im ...mad/sad. I know they say it takes time, but im having a hard time believing that because i've done LC for good part of my adult life (albeit not consistently) and i have tried all kinds of tweaks..protein up, protein down, calories up, calories down, fat up, fat down, carbs up, carbs down .. and i just dont lose weight doing it anymore, why isnt this working for me . I want to punch holes in walls. Not to mention i feel like im force eating way too much right now. Something has to give, and i dont know what. The last time i can remember anything working for me succesfully was weight watchers and actually eating lower fat. I HATE the idea of doing that, but man.. i just dont know anymore. Any sage advice appreciated.

I have read the why we get fat book, both atkins books, and more than half of the living book, and just a bit of the performance book so far. Maybe im eating too much fat and only using that for fuel and thats why im not burning my body's fat.. i have blood ketone and glucose strips and a meter but havent tested in a long time because i dont want to waste them. HELP PLEASE P.s. sorry to be such a whiney b****

edit: i wanna say one more thing, since thursday or wednesday where i have forcefully consumed more calories, i have not been able to drink as much water, im like...too full !
edit 2: p.s. im still in it for the longhaul and will figure sh1t out..i just need help

Last edited by Myles; 02-26-2013 at 04:35 AM..
Old 02-26-2013, 04:42 AM   #973
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
alright, time to cry and moan. I did my measurements this mornign first time, and while i am not sharing them, i will share the differences if there are any

Here are my calories, macros, and pro/car for most of the last week+ including a few weights

thu feb 21st - 2320 63/32/5 - 178 pro/43 car (16 carbs in brocolli and cauliflower? 5 in raw mushrooms? b.s.) - weight - 324.3
fri feb 22nd - didnt track, only have breakfast, but i ate very similar to the next day

Haven't lost any weight, im ...mad/sad. I know they say it takes time, but im having a hard time believing that because i've done LC for good part of my adult life (albeit not consistently) and i have tried all kinds of tweaks..protein up, protein down, calories up, calories down, fat up, fat down, carbs up, carbs down .. and i just dont lose weight doing it anymore, why isnt this working for me . I want to punch holes in walls. Not to mention i feel like im force eating way too much right now. Something has to give, and i dont know what. The last time i can remember anything working for me succesfully was weight watchers and actually eating lower fat. I HATE the idea of doing that, but man.. i just dont know anymore. Any sage advice appreciated.

I have read the why we get fat book, both atkins books, and more than half of the living book, and just a bit of the performance book so far. Maybe im eating too much fat and only using that for fuel and thats why im not burning my body's fat.. i have blood ketone and glucose strips and a meter but havent tested in a long time because i dont want to waste them. HELP PLEASE P.s. sorry to be such a whiney b****

edit: i wanna say one more thing, since thursday or wednesday where i have forcefully consumed more calories, i have not been able to drink as much water, im like...too full !
edit 2: p.s. im still in it for the longhaul and will figure sh1t out..i just need help
Well I will leave the diet advice to Red because I am clueless there but,
We all have to whine sometimes. Thats what we are here for. Hang in there and be positive. You will get it figured out
Weight loss is a part of life for some of us lucky people. Some of us battle being to fat, some too thin, some depression etc. Just enjoy the ride.
I try to think, hey I am thankful for my weight struggles. It has brought me here and I met a lot of great people. I have learned alot and made some great friends.

You have only been trying it this was a few days. Give your body some time to adapt
GO MYLES!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:52 AM   #974
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandacj08 View Post
Heck of a day at work! This is my *crunch month* and it all leads up to this week. Killer headache from stress...or could be induction? I came home and laid next to my daughter while she watched tv and crashed! 2 hours later I woke up made up some shrimp in garlic butter for dinner. I'm really happy with my numbers today. 1653 140/78/27
Sometimes when i get headaches i eat some salt and it helps it go away! Also sometimes i get them when i forget to take my multivitamin / vit d / fish oil / vit c - I dont know which but sometimes taking them alleviates it

Quote:
Well I will leave the diet advice to Red because I am clueless there but,
We all have to whine sometimes. Thats what we are here for. Hang in there and be positive. You will get it figured out
Weight loss is a part of life for some of us lucky people. Some of us battle being to fat, some too thin, some depression etc. Just enjoy the ride.
I try to think, hey I am thankful for my weight struggles. It has brought me here and I met a lot of great people. I have learned alot and made some great friends.

You have only been trying it this was a few days. Give your body some time to adapt
GO MYLES!!!
thx <3
Old 02-26-2013, 05:40 AM   #975
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
We are heading into allergy testing next. MSG and MFS are out, I figured they could be issues. Cumin as well. Chex GF??? We don't eat grain, but really....I'm certain it was processed, boxed, manufactured in the same place! I was allergic to nearly everything as a child, well, still am....no milk growing up, it worked out okay.

You grew out of it ct?
Old 02-26-2013, 05:43 AM   #976
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Well it was a workout day, but im not sure if i can keep eating this many calories!

Red, how long do i have to do it for again till i know if it works or i need to reduce cals?
I know it is frustrating to hear but, be patient. You are not going to be skinny tomorrow. It takes time for your body to adjust. There is no exact answer but I am certain that the answer is not low cal for a man that weighs 325 pounds and is active.

*I* am about 200 pounds and 6 foot tall and I have been eating 2400ish calories this past week. I am as sedentary as a dang felled tree in an overgrown forest.

Get out of the low cal mentality. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:48 AM   #977
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Ok, on the "floats" how much hwc do you use? I have frozen coffee cubes, i might try one of those later tomorrow if i need me a pick me up! Lol I also have the best of intentions at night, to get up the next morning and do something active....sigh....so far, that hasn't happened! lol
I use 1 oz in a glass of ice and fill it up with soda. Well, I put soda in to about half way, then the 1oz of HWC, then add soda till there is room to stir it up a little. One time I slipped and put almost 2oz in and that was very tasty too.

ETA: But you can use as little as you like too. A couple of months ago Buffy said that it was good with 1tsp of HWC too.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:51 AM   #978
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
*sigh* No Anchor butter at wallyworld here.
HEB: yes -best store ever. We don't have a big one here, just an old smaller one, but they carry so many great products you can't get anywhere else! Also their produce is good and their t-bones and ribeyes are excellent (compared especially to Kroger's tasteless beef).

Someone mentioned baba ghannouj. Be careful with pre-packaged ones because, for some inexplicable reason, some do add hummus to it (garbanzo beans and other things).
Making your own is easy: prick an eggplant all over with a fork and toss it, along with 2-3 cloves of garlic, in a baking pan and bake at 350 for about 35 minutes or until the eggplant is soft. Let it cool then scoop the flesh out of the skin and puree it along with the roasted garlic cloves, some good evoo, salt and pepper. You can add some red pepper flakes (or cayenne) and a little lemon juice, too

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:52 AM   #979
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pibble mama
Stats: 289.6/283/175!!
WOE: NK newbie!
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
I am still clueless
BUt I love meat so I have the opposite problem. My protein os always too high.
What all do you eat to get your protein up??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryKate View Post

i love cake! I can usually subdue cravings with coffe, hwc and some cavinci's...but if i have the stuff in the house, i can't stop myself! So.....i don't keep it at all in the house, or the ingredients just in case....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
I really hope that I can stay the course no matter what the scale says. Today I did well. Weighed in one pound up (for no reason at all, I might add) and wasn't terribly bothered by it. The old me would have been itchy and finding reasons to cheat.

Normally when I do low carb, I don't have any heartburn, but I have had some with NK. Not as much as when I eat carbs, but still, I want to feel great, not just a bit better. I do think it's the higher fat in my case. One thing that might help is not eating too late in the day. I am going to tweak some things over the next couple of months, probably, and maybe when I'm feeling really settled into the WOE, I will make it my business to solve my heartburn problems. For now, I drink 1/2 t of baking soda in a few ounces of water and that takes care of it. I believe (not totally sure of this, maybe someone else here knows) that if baking soda works for you it's too much acid and if ACV works it's not enough. I've never tried ACV bc I'm scared. But baking soda does take care of it.

Gah!

I doubt I will ever totally lose that urge, but it is so much easier to control it now than it ever has been before, even when I was doing atkins and in ketosis. Atkins helped but not nearly as much. I can and have gone days without sweets on NK, which I never ever did before. Once I realized I could do it on NK, I would sometimes purposely do it just because I could and it was cool to have that level of ease with it. It's pretty liberating.

And now I really don't feel the need for something that comes close to the stuff I used to eat while carbing it up. Usually 3 or so tablespoons of mascarpone with a packet of truvia and some maple flavoring is a satisfying treat. Another really good one, though I've only done it once now, is cinnamon pork rinds.

This is goofy, you guys, but I'm kind of jittery and nervous about getting my blood tests done tomorrow. It's the fullest set of tests I could get the doctor to order. Last time around the only fat test they did was called "LDL direct" which had gone from 109 a couple of years back to 146 on 10/15/12. The doctor of course acted as if this was outrageous and I was clearly eating too much fat. Who, me? Anyhow, from the two year old test all of the other numbers are pretty awesome I think (HDL 60 and triglycerides 61) and I expect they may be even better now. But I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see that stupid LDL direct number go up. I have been just taking his Rx's for statins and putting them on the fridge to collect dust, so I guess I'll just keep on keeping on. But I'd love for the numbers to actually look good to him, yk? Do mainstream normal doctors ever run whatever test it is that tells you how big your LDL particles are? Or did I read somewhere that the only place you can get it done is Rhode Island or somewhere? I am in San Diego and I have this fantasy that Peter Attia will open up an NK practice here. That would be the bomb.
I hope your dr apt goes ok. I am not a fan of them myself! I usually do not like their generalizations...we are individuals, not textbook studies!
I have been told that there are numerous tests that you have to ask for (almost demand) that they run to find a variety of problems. For instance, there are extra thyroid tests that will find problems, yet they never run them! I do know you can pay for your own blood tests that you order online, go to the lab, draw the blood then you get the results via email to take to your dr. It usually is a lil pricey, but if your Dr. is refusing, it might be an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Nothing like being woken up at 6 AM by tornado sirens. No worries, Savannah. I didn't need that sleep.
Did your cell go off too? I was actually sleeping really well too!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:52 AM   #980
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Is Savannah in tornado country? I reckon the folks that live in central Kansas pretty much just live in their storm shelters.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:54 AM   #981
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
*sigh* No Anchor butter at wallyworld here.
HEB: yes -best store ever. We don't have a big one here, just an old smaller one, but they carry so many great products you can't get anywhere else! Also their produce is good and their t-bones and ribeyes are excellent (compared especially to Kroger's tasteless beef).

Someone mentioned baba ghannouj. Be careful with pre-packaged ones because, for some inexplicable reason, some do add hummus to it (garbanzo beans and other things).
Making your own is easy: prick an eggplant all over with a fork and toss it, along with 2-3 cloves of garlic, in a baking pan and bake at 350 for about 35 minutes or until the eggplant is soft. Let it cool then scoop the flesh out of the skin and puree it along with the roasted garlic cloves, some good evoo, salt and pepper. You can add some red pepper flakes (or cayenne) and a little lemon juice, too
Will the manager order it for you at that HEB? Or even at the WM? And you might try calling the 800 number for WM to ask for it.

Holy smoke! I'm not a big eggplant eater but that recipe sounds super awesomely tasty. And easy too.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #982
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
I have to run out to wallyworld today so I'll ask the dairy manager about it
Yes it's really easy to make, and you can add other flavors if you're not into the eggplant thing. More garlic; cumin is really good in it, too.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:19 AM   #983
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Is Savannah in tornado country? I reckon the folks that live in central Kansas pretty much just live in their storm shelters.
I never thought of this area being tornado country, but we get warnings every now and again...not too often though. However, spending most of my life in Central Texas..i don't usually get to alarmed.

Quote:
Will the manager order it for you at that HEB? Or even at the WM? And you might try calling the 800 number for WM to ask for it.

Holy smoke! I'm not a big eggplant eater but that recipe sounds super awesomely tasty. And easy too.
hmmm, i tried to get the quote w/in your post? I have a recipe i can look up from B. Flay making a smokey eggplant dip that sounds similar! I can eat that stuff up with a spoon...no need for chips!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:02 AM   #984
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

This is part informational and part kick in the pants.

Spread your water out. You don't have to be a thirsty camel and drink enormous quantities but I'd guess that 5 or 6 half liter bottles a day would be minimum. You need to stay hydrated and it will play an important role in regularity. So, just make it a point to sip water all day if needed to get enough in for the day.

What you mean to say is, "I haven't gained any weight even though I've upped my calories and ate an average of ~2700 calories a day since Thursday the 21st." Silently you think, 'wow, that is weird. If low cal was right then I should have gained weight so something else must be going on'.

Get yourself out of the immediate feedback way of thinking. There is a lot going on with your metabolism right now.

Consider setting a lower ceiling on total carbs. 30g perhaps. Or even 20g. You can increase it a little after a few weeks but lower carbs at the outset is probably the best way to get started. And keep in mind that NK has a 2 to 4 week adaptation period that can be longer for some people. I had been fully keto-adapted before I abandoned NK to quit smoking. When I threw in the towel and started smoking again it took me weeks to readapt. That sucks. Past is not prologue with LC/NK.

I've seen it posted many times on LCF - when your adipose tissue loses fat it temporarily takes on water to keep the cells' shape. So it is possible to see a steady weight or even a bump although you have indeed lost body fat.

Your scale is electronic? You might try resetting it in case it is too clever by half and does some sort of funky leveling if the last weight is close to the current weight. Just step on and use the wall or a counter top to take some of the weight off. When I do that I can make the scale read 160 pounds. Then I know the next weight is as real as a scale can portray (which is sometimes not very real what with water weight and LBM stuff).

If you do not work the plan the plan will not work. Forget about your past adventures in weight loss. They are neither here nor there.

Don't be a slave to other people's language either. Are you 'forcing' yourself to eat? Really? I eat when I am not hungry but it isn't much of a battle and I know that too big of a calorie gap is not going to help me lose weight nor is it good for the body since cortisol is an aggressive stay fat hormone. If you let yourself get into a situation where you have a whole lot of calories left to eat at the end of the day that can be a real challenge and you may have to be low cal for that day so when that happens do an after action review. Identify why that happened. Take steps to address it.

But when you use language like 'force myself' you are saying that your mind is not in charge your body is. But your body has a crappy record or you wouldn't be fat and have a string of near misses behind you. Your brain has to take over and be in charge of things. Manage your body or your body will manage you. And for God's sake don't let your personal history with LC lead you astray. When I started LC back in Aug of '11, I immediately jumped to all sorts of LC 'cheat' foods because I'd done Atkins in the '90s and I wasn't some noob. It worked till it stopped working after a few weeks. Then I had to reassess and admit that I was outsmarting myself. I'm not saying you are doing that but I am saying to watch out for it. Gird up the loins of your mind.

"Maybe im eating too much fat and only using that for fuel and thats why im not burning my body's fat.."

I doubt it. Refer back to page 207 in the Living book. 30kCal/kg current weight (for you about 4500 cals) for a sedentary obese person is a conservative number according to the man with 30 years of clinical and LC experience, has written 3 books, who knows how many white papers, has treated the obese, specialized in obese patients for decades and is recognized as a leader in the LC field.

Remind me, you do not take any Rx meds? You are not diagnosed with a damaged thyroid? No health conditions?

Consider cutting back a little on your workouts.

You read WWGF. You know the science is behind LC. Don't let panic short circuit your ability to reason and solve problems.

When you doubt yourself, think of that calf scene with Woody Harrelson and Kiefer Sutherland. You are the guy being tied up by your self doubt. It'll feel good at first when you cave in but shortly thereafter ...
Old 02-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #985
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
hmmm, i tried to get the quote w/in your post?
When you quote a post the quoted stuff gets stripped out of it. That is why I sometimes use "" instead of quote tags [ quote ] [ /quote ].
Old 02-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #986
Blabbermouth!!!

Weigh-in Feb 26, 2013

Weigh-in this morning ... 199.5! Hooray! Back in onderland
Old 02-26-2013, 07:13 AM   #987
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mumasatus
Stats: 171/153/130
WOE: VLC/MP/HF
I'm down to 147 this morning. I may need to put new batteries in my scale I case it is just being wonky.

We had a horrible day yesterday. My daughter's very best doe that she was about to show at the rodeo just dropped dead of sudden pneumonia. It was so heart breaking.

Within an hour, we got a call from her best friend. She has my daughter's second best doe at her house because she is a royal PITA. She was calling to say that the insane goat jumped into the LOFT of the horse trailer and ate rotten eggs and a bag of old minerals.

She ended up taking her to the vet at 4:00 am for IV fluids. What a mess. She is standing now, which is an improvement, but my daughter's friend will have to miss the rodeo to nurse the poor thing.

Positive energy and good thoughts are welcomed!

I hope everyone has a great day today.
Happily married to the man of my dreams for 20 years
Old 02-26-2013, 07:14 AM   #988
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mumasatus
Stats: 171/153/130
WOE: VLC/MP/HF
Quote:
Weigh-in this morning ... 199.5! Hooray! Back in onderland
AWESOME!!!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:20 AM   #989
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
This is part informational and part kick in the pants.
THANK YOU! I needed to read that TOO!

I ran out of co this morning What's a girl to do?!?
I improvised! lol I had cocoa butter (smells heavenly) so i just melted a tbs of that and used it in my red velvet coffee! OMg made it even more cocolately smelling..little cup of heaven right there! I am rally wanting bacon, eggs and avo.....so i might go make me a lil breakfast! I would really rather wait a lil while....since i know i am prone to eating the bulk of my cals in the later part of the afternoon out of boredom! I think i am actually going to clean the house today...i am tired of sitting in front of the computer on the off chance i am needed by my work!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:21 AM   #990
Senior LCF Member

Red - Yay!!!!!!!!!! SO exciting!!!! I know you must be over the moon!

I had a bobble this am, but I'm pretty sure it's water because my fingers feel tight. I tried to up my salt yesterday and my body is adjusting to all the changes I think.
Closed Thread