Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #931
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pibble mama View Post
Darin may have already answered this (i read so much last night i forgot what I've read! lol) But anytime you are cooking meat, leave it out for a bit to come to an even room temp so that the interior of the meat cooks at the same time as the outside....if that makes sense? (sounds funny as i read it...) If the interior is ice cold it will be raw and the outside will be well done. This is especially good to know w/ pork and chicken...the two things you don't want raw in the middle!
I do it without fail with pork and beef but chicken scares me too much. I only allow it to sit out for 10 mins or so max. If it is too cold or still partially frozen I zap it in the microwave for short periods real carefully.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #932
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Ok, i'm pulling my hair out! I logged food planned for lunch. 4.5 oz of flat iron steak, one fried egg, 1 tbs butter and one yellow squash (sauteed). I had a LOT of hwc and co plus one piece of thick pork side (homemade bacon) for breakfast. I am only at 28g of protein for the day.....i need to be about 115-125?!? HOW can i get that way up there yet not mess with my numbers and jack the cals WAY outta whack? Have about 7-8 hundred left for the day, but higher protein will eat that up fast??? How long till i am no longer clueless??
I am still clueless
BUt I love meat so I have the opposite problem. My protein os always too high.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #933
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Off to work!!realy sick yesterday up all night in bathroom plus sore throat,yukkkkkkk but I do feel a little better today,,,
Sorry you were suck, hope you have a good day at work and aren't sick anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumasatus View Post
Good morning, everyone. We had a great weekend at the Faire, but I am so happy to be home in my own bed.

I was down to 149 this morning. At 5'5" it means I am no longer technically overweight. Hooray!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday.
Dang that is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Weigh-in this morning ... 200.1 lol dang it.
Still a loss and you are so close!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #934
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb34 View Post
Do you like Macadamia nuts? I get mine at Costco, 680 gm for $16.99 i think. Dry roasted with sea salt...they are really easy to eat.
Yes. love them! No Costco around here
Old 02-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #935
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb34
From Wikipedia: baba ghannouj -Arabic -dish of eggplant (aubergine) mashed and mixed with virgin olive oil and various seasonings.

It is absolutely delicious! and it's pretty low carb too! I eat it with a spoon.

Last edited by Deb34; 02-25-2013 at 10:52 AM..
Old 02-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #936
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pibble mama
Stats: 289.6/283/175!!
WOE: NK newbie!
Start Date: January 2013
i've always been so proud that my precious DUKE's mayo is sugar free and ooooo so very delish! So to just be certain it was "safe" i looked....first ingredient is soybean oil..............

Darin, what are these hufa (?) oils you are talking about? I NEVER eat anything that has partially hydrogenated anything.....and i so thought my mayo was safe! Never heard about that....until yesterday!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #937
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amandacj08
On the topic of mayo...I made some homemade mayo yesterday with olive oil....it was *very* olivey...very! Does anyone else make it from scratch and if so, what oil do you use?

Along the same lines does anyone make homemade butter?

My weigh in this morning was 192.2
Old 02-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #938
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
i've always been so proud that my precious DUKE's mayo is sugar free and ooooo so very delish! So to just be certain it was "safe" i looked....first ingredient is soybean oil..............

Darin, what are these hufa (?) oils you are talking about? I NEVER eat anything that has partially hydrogenated anything.....and i so thought my mayo was safe! Never heard about that....until yesterday!
PUFAs. Poly Unsaturated Fatty Acids. Most veggie oils are high PUFA oils. They are not good for you and they do not work well on an LC woe.

Phinney relates a story in the Long Term Stalls podcast about a clinical trial he ran years ago. The food was tightly controlled and very limited. The nurses that prepared the limited menu used ingredients containing 'healthy' oils to make chicken salad and some other mayo based nasty dish. All of the participants refused to eat these PUFA oil based meals and the trial was run over time so the reaction was striking because the first guy in the program never met the last guy in the program - it wasn't because they told each other it about it.

He also identified PUFA oils as a problem elsewhere in the Stalls podcast advising the questioner to look at their fat sources and get rid of the PUFA based junk.

And there are probably a lot of other examples/warnings I am forgetting off the top of my head.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #939
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandacj08 View Post
On the topic of mayo...I made some homemade mayo yesterday with olive oil....it was *very* olivey...very! Does anyone else make it from scratch and if so, what oil do you use?

Wow! That's great Amanda! Congrats!!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #940
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I hated the olive oil mayo. The bacon grease mayo was better.
congrats
Old 02-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #941
Major LCF Poster!

Lunch was cheese rolled in cheese fried in butter. My husband just shook his head and looked at me as if I had lost my mind.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #942
Senior LCF Member

OMG THIS can't make me lose weight!!! My lunch was flat iron steak w/ sauteed squash in butter and garlic. My SNACK (to get my protein and fat up) is an avocado, w/ 4oz of smoked salmon, drizzled w olive oil and capers, sea salt and cracked pepper! omgeeee I feel guilty eating it! lol
Old 02-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #943
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Lunch was cheese rolled in cheese fried in butter. My husband just shook his head and looked at me as if I had lost my mind.
i love it!!! lol I know we used to make fun of poor Paula Deene, but really, she was on to something! I will have to try that...i LOVE fried cheese!

Quote:
PUFAs. Poly Unsaturated Fatty Acids. Most veggie oils are high PUFA oils. They are not good for you and they do not work well on an LC woe.

Phinney relates a story in the Long Term Stalls podcast about a clinical trial he ran years ago. The food was tightly controlled and very limited. The nurses that prepared the limited menu used ingredients containing 'healthy' oils to make chicken salad and some other mayo based nasty dish. All of the participants refused to eat these PUFA oil based meals and the trial was run over time so the reaction was striking because the first guy in the program never met the last guy in the program - it wasn't because they told each other it about it.

He also identified PUFA oils as a problem elsewhere in the Stalls podcast advising the questioner to look at their fat sources and get rid of the PUFA based junk.

And there are probably a lot of other examples/warnings I am forgetting off the top of my head.

sigh.......i guess my dogs will love getting it in their dog food!
but I can see the appeal of a "cleaner" taste using high quality oils I had (HAD) some french walnut oil that I would KILL to get my hands on another bottle! My mom scored my last one when i did HCG last year....

Quote:

congrats on the weight!
And EVERYONE who saw the scales move!

I read in a blog somewhere that by the time you buy enough cream to make enough butter....one would be homeless! Unless you are lucky enough to know someone at a dairy! Though, I would LOVE to try fresh cream that hasn't been six months getting to my store!

Is there a point that ya'll totally lose that sweet urge? Or are there some poor unfortunate souls (that would be me) who would rather eat sweets than reg. food??? Though, i am digging this avocado w/ salmon!
Old 02-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #944
Blabbermouth!!!

Theresa, download that podcast I mentioned by Jimmy Moore with Julia Ross. It has some great information about over coming a sweet tooth.

Google 'jimmy mooore julia ross carb atlcx 19'.

She has updated her book The Diet Cure too. I put it in my online shopping cart to remind myself to get it when my backlog of books to read has gotten more reasonable.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #945
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Theresa, download that podcast I mentioned by Jimmy Moore with Julia Ross. It has some great information about over coming a sweet tooth.

Google 'jimmy mooore julia ross carb atlcx 19'.

She has updated her book The Diet Cure too. I put it in my online shopping cart to remind myself to get it when my backlog of books to read has gotten more reasonable.

Cool! Thanks!! I'm bored and looking for things to do! lol OBVIOUSLY cleaning the house is OUT of the question!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #946
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My dog's said to make sure you knew they LOVED you!! They got huge dollops of mayo in their dinner! lol....i think they are going to eat their metal bowls even!!

Ok, my protein was a lil better tonight. 92 grams. I'm having to force my diiner in...i could have totally skipped it! My percentages today are 80/14/6

Tomorrows morning calories will not be so indulgent! lol

Last edited by pibble mama; 02-25-2013 at 03:44 PM..
Old 02-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #947
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
My dog's said to make sure you knew they LOVED you!! They got huge dollops of mayo in their dinner! lol....i think they are going to eat their metal bowls even!!

Ok, my protein was a lil better tonight. 92 grams. I'm having to force my diiner in...i could have totally skipped it! My percentages today are 80/14/6

Tomorrows morning calories will not be so indulgent! lol
A nice little treat for the doggies
Old 02-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #948
Major LCF Poster!

Numbers for today

Calories 1647
fat 139 76%
pro 90 22%
carb 8 2%

That is counting my evening CO that I haven't gotten it yet
Old 02-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #949
Senior LCF Member

Today today today:

B: coffee w/ .5 oz HWC
Commute: casein protein shake with 1 cup almond milk & 1 oz CO
L: 1 oz cheddar, 1 oz almonds, .5 oz each: macadamia nuts, pecans, walnuts
D: Moes Salad: romaine, steak, pico, guac, SC, cheese, olives, cukes

1450 calories/118.2gF/28g carbs (13.5 net)/72.2g protein

Ugh, too many nuts in 1 sitting lol! Drank Powerade 0 throughout the day and now fueling up on some Coke Zero as I'm still on campus to do some speaking engagement on sex in the workplace. Been a long day.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #950
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Myles
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Today today today:

Ugh, too many nuts in 1 sitting lol! Drank Powerade 0 throughout the day and now fueling up on some Coke Zero as I'm still on campus to do some speaking engagement on sex in the workplace. Been a long day.
Dont you find the CO gets gloopy and doesnt mix well in the cold shake?
Old 02-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #951
Senior LCF Member

Myles, mine mixes just fine. I let the blender mix it up for about 3 minutes. Sometimes I'll taste some bits of CO, but its nothing I can't get over. I also add 5 or 6 ice cubes after I mix up the first 3 ingredients so its quite a bit thicker.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #952
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
ok, i have a weird question....I have noticed over the past week or so that I have been experiencing hearburn a lil at night.....is that from the increased fat in my diet??? hmmmm, co has never been a problem, I can have quite a bit of it everyday if i want w no ill effects. I'm just thinking maybe i'm finally putting 2+2 together since i have been reading this thread all day....i'm on pg 21 lol
I just remembered I'd missed this post earlier Theresa.

Is it a quite a while after eating? Did your last meal, when this happens, kinda sit high up in your stomach?

If high fat or protein is the culprit then it is likely caused by low stomach acid I think. You can drink a little apple cider vinegar diluted in water. If that fixes it then the problem was low acid.

Google 'apple cider vinegar low stomach acid'.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #953
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I just remembered I'd missed this post earlier Theresa.

Is it a quite a while after eating? Did your last meal, when this happens, kinda sit high up in your stomach?

If high fat or protein is the culprit then it is likely caused by low stomach acid I think. You can drink a little apple cider vinegar diluted in water. If that fixes it then the problem was low acid.

Google 'apple cider vinegar low stomach acid'.
cool! I will try this. I used to do an acv lemonade style drink. I haven't really payed attention to how far after my meals it is happening. I got the feeling it was from the high fat. It did have a serious effects on the restroom.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #954
Senior LCF Member

ohhhhhh BIGGEST LOOSER! lol i'm addicted!

see, ya'll should have never started answering my questions! Now you're stuck with me posting!!
Old 02-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #955
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Today today today:

Sounds like a long day.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #956
Blabbermouth!!!

Biggest Loser? The TV show?
Old 02-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #957
Blabbermouth!!!

Food log - Feb 25, 2013

Numbers and log for today. Wow. I really blew past my protein goal today. I finished off some shrimp that was in the freezer and it was a little more than I thought it would be.

Calories: 2,407

Fat: 186
Pro: 170
Car: 21

67/29/3

Breakfast: Coffee, CO, HWC.
Lunch: Chicken, cauliflower boiled in chicken bouillon and a little butter mmmm good!
Dinner: Shrimp w/butter, tilapia.
Snack: HWC floats.
End of Day: 1oz CO.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #958
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Biggest Loser? The TV show?
hahaha!! Yes! lol good thing i don't teach spelling!
Old 02-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #959
Senior LCF Member

Ok, on the "floats" how much hwc do you use? I have frozen coffee cubes, i might try one of those later tomorrow if i need me a pick me up! Lol I also have the best of intentions at night, to get up the next morning and do something active....sigh....so far, that hasn't happened! lol
Old 02-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #960
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Hi ct! Welcome back

One of the best aspects of LC is that 'overchartweight' does not mean 'unhealthy' like it so often means with woes that are unhealthy right out of the gate. And, although I refer to the charts a lot, they are not real life or even realistic some times.

I am not unhappy about where I am "on the chart"...I just gave up trying to hit 120....! 5 lbs higher is where I originally wanted to hit...didn't count on the issues with my tummy and high fat. Now to figure out maintenance in my post-meno stressed world.
Closed Thread