Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #751
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumasatus View Post
We are on a roll!

My daughter's company is really pretty cool. She has multiple disabilities including Autism, but early on, my husband and I decided that God made her exactly the way she is for a reason, and we would let her focus on her talents and just just forget about trying to be like everyone else.

When she was 12, we bought a little farm to indulge her obsession with animals. When she was 16, she got a vending contract with a fair that pulls over 2 million customers each season.

From there, everything has just taken off. It is overwhelming at time, because we raise and breed the animals as well as make every product from scratch. We do every single thing ourselves. Well, last weekend, my sister came out to help me sell, and that was a real treat to see someone else hawking for a change!

If anyone has a Facebook page, search for Dancing Dog Dairy. There are tons of cool pictures on her page.

It all has a sort of fated feeling about it because my sister and I grew up going to Renaissance Festivals with our dad who was "The King of the Gypsies". Unfortunately, he passed away before seeing his oldest grandchild following in his footsteps, but I feel his presence so strongly every time I step back in time for a weekend.

Shoot. I'd better put down this phone and go feed hungry animals. Have a great day everyone!
That is so awesome! The company name is very cool too. Love the goat with the pirate hat lol

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #752
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
Great job! That's exactly what my scale told me yesterday and today I'm down another pound.
Congrats!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #753
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Yay zgirl, glad you're liking the shakes! Was thinking about trying them with coffee as well.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #754
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Red, Did you say something about leaving pork out of the fridge a while before you cook it?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #755
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Well I had to buy the Walitin through the pharmacy because its got pseudoephedrine in it. About an hour after I took it, I got some searing pain in my left side under my ribs. No idea what organ that is, but I don't think I'll take it again.
The spleen is there but lots of critical organs are under the rib cage. You're right about not taking any more of that stuff.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #756
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
The spleen is there but lots of critical organs are under the rib cage. You're right about not taking any more of that stuff.
My uncle,s dr said otc decongestants messed up his prostate
Old 02-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #757
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Red, Did you say something about leaving pork out of the fridge a while before you cook it?
Yes. Long enough to get the chill off of it. I take it out of the package, rinse the meat off and set it on a plate of paper towels and pat dry if needed. I usually season at least one side of the meat then too. Then I set it in the microwave out of the way and get the other stuff I'm cooking ready. As little as 10 mins or as much as 30 mins or so. Depends on how thick the pork is. But I always cook pork thoroughly. Ugh, undercooked pork is no friend to man or beast.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #758
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgirl View Post
Hey all,

Interesting trend to report this week. Due to insomnia and a crazy schedule, my calories have been below normal (1200-1400, with one day below 1000) for the past six days or so. I usually eat between 1800-2000. And on my weekly weigh-in, my weight actually went up 0.7 pounds! I'm not worried about the little bounce, but I was a little surprised. Nothing else changed with exercise or anything, just the low calories for a few days. Has anyone else experienced this before?
Too much of a caloric deficit does funky things to the metabolism.

A few months ago when I was eating 1400 to 1500 I would stall or bump up for days on end. I finally got going in a steady downward direction when I upped my calories.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #759
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yes. Long enough to get the chill off of it. I take it out of the package, rinse the meat off and set it on a plate of paper towels and pat dry if needed. I usually season at least one side of the meat then too. Then I set it in the microwave out of the way and get the other stuff I'm cooking ready. As little as 10 mins or as much as 30 mins or so. Depends on how thick the pork is. But I always cook pork thoroughly. Ugh, undercooked pork is no friend to man or beast.
Thanks
Old 02-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #760
Blabbermouth!!!

Man as much as I like fried cabbage, lightly boiled cabbage is so good. The last few days I've been using maybe a cup or so of water, 2 bouillon cubes, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to cook it and then I drink the delicious broth to get my bouillon/salt in for the day.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #761
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: zgirl
Thanks for the input, Cheryl and Darin. It's crazy how touchy all these systems are... too many calories = bad, too few calories = bad; too much sleep = bad, too little sleep = bad; too much exercise = bad, too little exercise = bad... Goldilocks had it right! And by the way, Cheryl ...

Quote:

We do talk about weight loss occasionally, but I sure do enjoy our lil coffee clutch too.
That's my favourite part about this thread!
Old 02-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #762
Blabbermouth!!!

Your insomnia probably caused some corisol issues too zgirl. Low calories cause cortisol issues. Between the two I imagine your cortisol was sky high.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #763
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb34
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb34
Well, even if it is, i'm going to go with your recommendation because I can't do whey protein. I get a huge insulin surge which of course ruins fat loss. I like the "keeps you full for a long time" aspect. Have you tried other flavours of OP Casein? Chocolate Supreme is good just with water do you think?

Deb, I've never had it with water, but I imagine its still good. I use Silk vanilla almond milk, unsweetened. 30 calories a cup. Its my favorite.
Mizzcase, I had my first try with ON Chocolate Supreme this morning. I used a little water and a little heavy cream and mixed it up to pudding consistency. I had that for breakfast and with my coffee with CO and HWC, I was way full right up til lunch time. I find I can tolerate the flavor of the protein powder a lot better if it is not whey based. I really dislike whey protein taste and this is a lot better. I feel this will be a regular item in my pantry from now on. I so glad you mentioned it, thanks so much for that.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #764
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My uncle,s dr said otc decongestants messed up his prostate
Oh no, I hope my prostate is ok!
Old 02-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #765
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb34 View Post
Mizzcase, I had my first try with ON Chocolate Supreme this morning. I used a little water and a little heavy cream and mixed it up to pudding consistency. I had that for breakfast and with my coffee with CO and HWC, I was way full right up til lunch time. I find I can tolerate the flavor of the protein powder a lot better if it is not whey based. I really dislike whey protein taste and this is a lot better. I feel this will be a regular item in my pantry from now on. I so glad you mentioned it, thanks so much for that.
Deb, google "casein protein pudding".. I've read about it alot but do not have the patience to stand there mixing it for 10-15 minutes. People like to freeze it and it takes on the consistency of ice cream.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #766
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: zgirl
Quote:
I often find myself wishing there was a "like" button here, a la Facebook.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #767
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Disregard that last post about fixing my lights. Turns out, I was driving around like a goober with my highbeams on. :-(

So sorry, so know nothing about cars.
I dont' own a car or drive even but this made me laugh out loud
Old 02-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #768
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Oh thanks Darin, now I have to go to walmart and look for anchor butter! I've been ordering it (amazon carries everything!) but the shipping is outrageous. I get 5lbs at a time lol. It's a New Zeland cultured, grass fed butter and it's very good
Old 02-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #769
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Oh thanks Darin, now I have to go to walmart and look for anchor butter! I've been ordering it (amazon carries everything!) but the shipping is outrageous. I get 5lbs at a time lol. It's a New Zeland cultured, grass fed butter and it's very good
I feel better now not being the only one that didn't know about Anchor brand lol

Old 02-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #770
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Use an electric kettle and a melita per cup filter cone. Hot and taste right every time
Hey, have you been sneaking into my kitchen lately? Is that why I couldn't find my melitta filter for the last 12 hours? How did you bring it back without me noticing? I searched even the stinky organic garbage bag, thinking I had thrown it out....turned out to be in the onion bin under the sink...
Old 02-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #771
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Multimama
Stats: 149/132/130
WOE: HCG/Primal
Start Date: Feb 7, 2014
Hubby and I are going to a retreat all weekend. At first I thought it was canceled, asmy Aunt couldn't fly out of the midwest b/c of the snow storms to come care for our kiddos. Thankful for good friends to come hold our fort down over the weekend to help out. :-)

Now here's to hoping I can stay on top of my eating choices while away from home. I'm packing my coconut butter truffles to ward off hunger, as that's when I'll cave and eat something I shouldn't! Also bringing my own cream for coffee and some hardboiled eggs.

See you all back on Sunday night.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #772
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb34 View Post
Hey, have you been sneaking into my kitchen lately? Is that why I couldn't find my melitta filter for the last 12 hours? How did you bring it back without me noticing? I searched even the stinky organic garbage bag, thinking I had thrown it out....turned out to be in the onion bin under the sink...

Actually, I've been using my cone filter that was built to use with a thermos. I make about 20 oz of coffee at one time straight into the 24oz thermos I have.

I really like doing it that way since I can shake it up before pouring myself some to keep the CO incorporated.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #773
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
Hubby and I are going to a retreat all weekend. At first I thought it was canceled, asmy Aunt couldn't fly out of the midwest b/c of the snow storms to come care for our kiddos. Thankful for good friends to come hold our fort down over the weekend to help out. :-)

Now here's to hoping I can stay on top of my eating choices while away from home. I'm packing my coconut butter truffles to ward off hunger, as that's when I'll cave and eat something I shouldn't! Also bringing my own cream for coffee and some hardboiled eggs.

See you all back on Sunday night.
You can do it! Have fun!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #774
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Deb, google "casein protein pudding".. I've read about it alot but do not have the patience to stand there mixing it for 10-15 minutes. People like to freeze it and it takes on the consistency of ice cream.
I was supposed to mix it for 10-15 minutes? I stirred it with a little whisk to break up the lumps a bit let it sit about 5 minutes total. This was one scoop of the PP and about 1/4 cup cream and 1/4 water.

Mine thickened up right away and I ate it right away too, I can't imagine mixing it for 15 minutes

Now putting the pudding in the freezer makes me think chocolate popsicles! I could definitely do that
Old 02-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #775
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
Start Date: December 2012
I decided to try an experiment this morning and ate a cream cheese fat bomb for breakfast, along with my coffee, almond milk, and coconut oil (312 cal, 32 g fat, 4 g carb, 5 g protein).

I wanted to see if a high fat/low protein meal would keep me satiated longer. Nope! I don't know if it was the lack of protein or not enough calories. I lasted about 3 hours before I gave in to hunger, and ate 2 eggs over easy cooked in butter with 2 turkey sausage patties. 2nd breakfast was 336 cal, 1 g carb, 26 g fat, and 24 g protein.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #776
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Old 02-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #777
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks for the input, Cheryl and Darin. It's crazy how touchy all these systems are... too many calories = bad, too few calories = bad; too much sleep = bad, too little sleep = bad; too much exercise = bad, too little exercise = bad... Goldilocks had it right! And by the way, Cheryl ...

That's my favourite part about this thread!
Your welcome that's my favorite part too!

Quote:
I often find myself wishing there was a "like" button here, a la Facebook.
I do the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Man I hope my Walmart carries it. I may ask them if they can get some in if they don't. I bought some amish butter at the produce place but it had hardly any info on it and I don't know much about it. But boy it was good.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #778
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamt View Post
I decided to try an experiment this morning and ate a cream cheese fat bomb for breakfast, along with my coffee, almond milk, and coconut oil (312 cal, 32 g fat, 4 g carb, 5 g protein).

I wanted to see if a high fat/low protein meal would keep me satiated longer. Nope! I don't know if it was the lack of protein or not enough calories. I lasted about 3 hours before I gave in to hunger, and ate 2 eggs over easy cooked in butter with 2 turkey sausage patties. 2nd breakfast was 336 cal, 1 g carb, 26 g fat, and 24 g protein.
Usually all I have for breakfast is about 700 calories of fat. That will tide me over for 6 to even 10 hours. But I usually eat well before that so I can get all of my calories and grams in for the day without having to eat too late (because I really enjoy not eating late like I used to when I was a fat guy).

Old 02-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #779
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamt View Post

I starve in the mornings to. When I was doing LF I starved alot worse.
CO helps some but I am still hungry. I was trying to skip breakfast but I got sick feeling so I had to go back to eating a little something. Been trying to have egg yolks and 2 strips of bacon.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #780
Blabbermouth!!!

Here is the pic I snapped of it at the store.

It is expensive compared to regular butter. 8oz for $2.18. And now that I think about it, I am not sure that this store has the unsalted version.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AnchorButter_800by600.jpg (28.7 KB, 9 views)
Closed Thread