Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #721
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
You may have to stick to meat you haven't met
Like the cow at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe lol

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #722
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Hi multi, click the "post reply" on the bottom of the thread. :-)
Old 02-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #723
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
I love catching up and seeing all the posts here. It makes me happy. I'm clueless how to put in smiley faces here, as I've tried and failed miserably. I may need a coach.....

Down exactly 2lbs this morning!! WOOT! WOOT!

Stats for the day:
Calories: 2574
Fats: 171.2
Carb: 34.2
Protein: 139.6

68/26/6

Breakfast: Coffee w/HnH, 2 eggs, 2 bacon
Lunch: Chicken (4oz), lettuce salad, 2 eggs, cheese, ranch
Dinner: Sirloin steak (7oz), sauteed onions/peppers, lettuce salad w/ranch
Snack: HWC w/walnuts

I'm still trying to figure out how to get my ratios correct. I feel really great, but I tend to get hungry in the evening. Like right now I feel very hungry. Just ate some whipped HWC w/some walnuts so hopefully that will satiate me REALLY soon. Seems weird to me that with that high of calories so far that I'm still hungry.

Next week I start back to Olympic lifting classes (along w/bf'g), so I'm sure I'll need to raise my cals even higher. Thought I'd try for 2000, but feeling hungry at the end of the day and going over on cals two days (2420 yesterday) in a row is telling me that I obviously need to raise them. THOUGHTS?

I'm so happy I found "this" place and that you're allowing me to be here. :-)
Congrats!!

Ratios are not what's ultimately important. Correct protein grams, keep total carbs low and eat fat to satiety (or more if your calories are very low). Usually that will end up 70s/teens-tweenties/single_digits.

I imagine that if you are feeling hungry even after eating a lot of calories for the day it is probably that something you ate gave you an insulin response. If it keeps happening look closely at what you have eaten just before feeling hungry. And it could be the amount not just the food. Protein, for example, can produce an insulin response so if you ate a (relatively) large amount at one sitting and got hungry a little later that might be it and reducing the amount eaten at one time may fix the problem.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #724
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Multimama
Stats: 149/132/130
WOE: HCG/Primal
Start Date: Feb 7, 2014
[QUOTE=reddarin;16273187]

Ratios are not what's ultimately important. Correct protein grams, keep total carbs low and eat fat to satiety (or more if your calories are very low). Usually that will end up 70s/teens-tweenties/single_digits.

I imagine that if you are feeling hungry even after eating a lot of calories for the day it is probably that something you ate gave you an insulin response. Reducing the amount eaten at one time may fix the problem.

[/QUOTE

You know why I ask such an informed group these questions now, right? Because I have no clue!! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/im...dunno_2011.gif

I'll keep that in mind for tomorrows eating schedule. It's easier for me to fast in the am too, so maybe I'll eat my breakfast a few hours before bed. HAHA.

I'm still hungry. The HWC/walnut combo didn't hold me over that long. I guess I'll go eat a hardboiled egg now. Been chugging the water, so I know it's not a water intake issue. Trying to figure out if I just need to get through the hunger or feed the body, as I'm burning lots of extra energy by keeping another human being alive. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/im..._grin_2011.gif
Old 02-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #725
Junior LCF Member

Haha! See above............I need help....lol.

I clicked and dragged the face over. Obviously I need a face palm one right now.....
Old 02-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #726
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Haha! See above............I need help....lol.

I clicked and dragged the face over. Obviously I need a face palm one right now.....
lol

Just click the emote and it gets put in the text box where your cursor is. If I click one right now then something like this gets injected : lol : I put spaces between the colons but the emote will be

When you quote a post that has emotes you can see the text codes that are used.

If you 'quote' this post you'll see : jumpjoy : instead of the jumping emote.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #727
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm still hungry. The HWC/walnut combo didn't hold me over that long. I guess I'll go eat a hardboiled egg now. Been chugging the water, so I know it's not a water intake issue. Trying to figure out if I just need to get through the hunger or feed the body, as I'm burning lots of extra energy by keeping another human being alive.
Try to eat fat to satiate the hunger. Eating protein is not bad but too much can create an insulin response and make melting body fat less likely. And take care of carb creep when you eat extra calories. That is a situation where your macros can look great but your actual total carb grams has gotten too high.

My thinking on the calories goes like this: Start high and work your way down. Ideally you want to eat as much as you can and lose weight.

Don't panic if the scale is up a bit tomorrow. Food has weight so if you have eaten a lot of food it will take time to be converted to energy, stored or expelled.

For example. If the scale is up 3 pounds tomorrow well the fact is you didn't eat 10,500 *excess* calories today.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #728
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
I had sour cream and pork rinds for lunch. I think that is the first time I've eaten sour cream with pork rinds. It was pretty good. I threw some cayenne and crushed red pepper into the sour cream. They were bbq rinds so I didn't want to jazz up the sour cream too much.
Hmmm. I guess I had the pork rinds as a mid-day meal since the chicken and broccoli were more or less lunch for me then the eggs were dinner.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #729
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Hmmm. I guess I had the pork rinds as a mid-day meal since the chicken and broccoli were more or less lunch for me then the eggs were dinner.
Pork rinds are a great vehicle for guacamole too.

I DID IT----------------------------------------------

Satisfied the hunger with some homemade coconut butter truffles. :-)

Last edited by Multimama; 02-21-2013 at 07:32 PM..
Old 02-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #730
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Pork rinds are a great vehicle for guacamole too.

I DID IT----------------------------------------------
lol
Old 02-22-2013, 02:24 AM   #731
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
weigh in 158.5 a little bounce but I am still happy.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:35 AM   #732
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mumasatus
Stats: 171/153/130
WOE: VLC/MP/HF
I'm still at 151 this morning, so that may be a real loss.

I'll be going out of town today, so I won't have access to a scale until Sunday night. I usually don't do too bad with my eating when I'm working because I'm so busy. Last weekend I got dehydrated because I didn't have a chance to drink the water I packed. I'm not doing that again.

I'm also going to do a better job of actually taking my supplements. I really don't need to get worn down and sick again.

I'll be selling my daughter's goat milk soap and other products at the renaissance festival outside of Austin while she stays here and cares for the animals and my 3 year old.

I'd better get up and start packing. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Happily married to the man of my dreams for 20 years
Old 02-22-2013, 03:57 AM   #733
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumasatus View Post

I'll be going out of town today, so I won't have access to a scale until Sunday night. I usually don't do too bad with my eating when I'm working because I'm so busy. Last weekend I got dehydrated because I didn't have a chance to drink the water I packed. I'm not doing that again.

I'm also going to do a better job of actually taking my supplements. I really don't need to get worn down and sick again.

I'll be selling my daughter's goat milk soap and other products at the renaissance festival outside of Austin while she stays here and cares for the animals and my 3 year old.

Hey cool congrats on the new low.
That is so cool that your daughter has a business of her own.
Have fun and be safe.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:02 AM   #734
Senior LCF Member

Yay for the losses. Good job guys!

Still no appetite this morning. Getting ready to take my fifth and final exam of the week today, so hopefully eating will seem like a good idea after.

Bought some Walitin-D at Walgreens yesterday for my congestion, anyone ever try the stuff?
Old 02-22-2013, 04:04 AM   #735
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post

Still no appetite this morning. Getting ready to take my fifth and final exam of the week today, so hopefully eating will seem like a good idea after.

Bought some Walitin-D at Walgreens yesterday for my congestion, anyone ever try the stuff?
Good Luck MC!!! Hope you ace it.
Never tried Waitin-D. Hope it helps!
Maybe you can celebrate tonite. Do you get anytime off from school?
Old 02-22-2013, 04:38 AM   #736
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumasatus View Post

I'm with ya, keeping the same new low the next day is a victory in and of itself

Get one of those 7 day pill minders. That really helps keep me on track with the supplements I take.

Goat milk soap has got to be a hot seller. Right? I imagine it is all kinds of good for your skin.

Have fun!
Old 02-22-2013, 04:48 AM   #737
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinisme
Stats: 180/170/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 12/12/2012
Good morning! Down to 166.6. I will take it, even if it is an evil weight.
F
Love those Hitchhiker books, been awhile since I read em.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:55 AM   #738
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post

Yay!!! for the final last exam being done and over with today!!

I reckon your appetite will come back as the stress of finals week goes away.

Nope, never heard of it but I'm sure it will help out. OTC meds for stuff like that are really efficacious.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:58 AM   #739
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinisme View Post
F
lol evil weight.

Hooray anyway!!!

My favorites were the first and So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:59 AM   #740
Blabbermouth!!!

Weigh-in Feb 22, 2013

Weigh-in this morning ... 201.2
Old 02-22-2013, 05:06 AM   #741
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh! /bonk Darin

I meant to mention a day or two ago that the Wal-Marts in my area are carrying grass-fed butter. It is Anchor brand. I kept seeing it but I'd forget to look it up when I got back to the house. Last time I was at the store I took a pic of it so when I got home it reminded me to check on it. I'm going to get some next time I am at the store and try, finally try, some Bullet Proof Coffee
Old 02-22-2013, 05:15 AM   #742
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mumasatus
Stats: 171/153/130
WOE: VLC/MP/HF
Quote:
I'm with ya, keeping the same new low the next day is a victory in and of itself

Get one of those 7 day pill minders. That really helps keep me on track with the supplements I take.

Goat milk soap has got to be a hot seller. Right? I imagine it is all kinds of good for your skin.

Have fun!
We are on a roll!

My daughter's company is really pretty cool. She has multiple disabilities including Autism, but early on, my husband and I decided that God made her exactly the way she is for a reason, and we would let her focus on her talents and just just forget about trying to be like everyone else.

When she was 12, we bought a little farm to indulge her obsession with animals. When she was 16, she got a vending contract with a fair that pulls over 2 million customers each season.

From there, everything has just taken off. It is overwhelming at time, because we raise and breed the animals as well as make every product from scratch. We do every single thing ourselves. Well, last weekend, my sister came out to help me sell, and that was a real treat to see someone else hawking for a change!

If anyone has a Facebook page, search for Dancing Dog Dairy. There are tons of cool pictures on her page.

It all has a sort of fated feeling about it because my sister and I grew up going to Renaissance Festivals with our dad who was "The King of the Gypsies". Unfortunately, he passed away before seeing his oldest grandchild following in his footsteps, but I feel his presence so strongly every time I step back in time for a weekend.

Shoot. I'd better put down this phone and go feed hungry animals. Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-22-2013, 05:48 AM   #743
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: zgirl
Hey! Haven't posted but I've just caught up with all the posts. Love the banter and how supportive everyone is... and the profusion of jumping smileys was a clear indicator of how well everyone is doing. Congrats, everyone!

Good luck with your last exam, Mizzcase! Hopefully after today you'll get your appetite back. I'm still loving the casein ... shaken up with coffee, cream, coconut oil, and then heated in the microwave it gets all thick and foamy on top. Never tried the Walitin-D but hope you get some relief

Mumasatus, love the story about your daughter's business and your family history at the Renaissance festival. I've never been to one, but it sounds like fun. Have a great time!

I'll be back later to post a menu and a weight update. Happy Friday!
Old 02-22-2013, 06:16 AM   #744
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
F
Great job! That's exactly what my scale told me yesterday and today I'm down another pound.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:19 AM   #745
Senior LCF Member

Genevieve, I loved reading that story about your daughter, so heartwarming.

I THOUGHT the cow was from the Hitchiker series.. I read the entire series in about half a year. I was prescribed Ambien for awhile due to a brain injury in a car accident, and I'd always curl up with that book for about an hour after I'd take my sleeping pill. Needless to say, I hardly remember ANY of it, but I know I finished it. I should read it again without the meds, LOL!

Well I had to buy the Walitin through the pharmacy because its got pseudoephedrine in it. About an hour after I took it, I got some searing pain in my left side under my ribs. No idea what organ that is, but I don't think I'll take it again.

Have a good day everyone
Old 02-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #746
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
F
Evil weight!!!
Way ta go!!
Old 02-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #747
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgirl View Post
Hey! Haven't posted but I've just caught up with all the posts. Love the banter and how supportive everyone is... and the profusion of jumping smileys was a clear indicator of how well everyone is doing. Congrats, everyone!

Good luck with your last exam, Mizzcase! Hopefully after today you'll get your appetite back. I'm still loving the casein ... shaken up with coffee, cream, coconut oil, and then heated in the microwave it gets all thick and foamy on top. Never tried the Walitin-D but hope you get some relief

Mumasatus, love the story about your daughter's business and your family history at the Renaissance festival. I've never been to one, but it sounds like fun. Have a great time!

I'll be back later to post a menu and a weight update. Happy Friday!
Been missing you.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #748
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: zgirl
Hey all,

Interesting trend to report this week. Due to insomnia and a crazy schedule, my calories have been below normal (1200-1400, with one day below 1000) for the past six days or so. I usually eat between 1800-2000. And on my weekly weigh-in, my weight actually went up 0.7 pounds! I'm not worried about the little bounce, but I was a little surprised. Nothing else changed with exercise or anything, just the low calories for a few days. Has anyone else experienced this before?
Old 02-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #749
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgirl View Post
Hey all,

Interesting trend to report this week. Due to insomnia and a crazy schedule, my calories have been below normal (1200-1400, with one day below 1000) for the past six days or so. I usually eat between 1800-2000. And on my weekly weigh-in, my weight actually went up 0.7 pounds! I'm not worried about the little bounce, but I was a little surprised. Nothing else changed with exercise or anything, just the low calories for a few days. Has anyone else experienced this before?
Someone did post that they lost LBM and gained fat when they got their calories too low. I think that was Shelley?? I will look for it and see if I can find it.

Last edited by Clueless; 02-22-2013 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: typo :)
Old 02-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #750
Major LCF Poster!

yep I found it. It was Shelley!

Here ya go. High Fat 80/15/5 - October Version

We do talk about weight loss occasionally, but I sure do enjoy our lil coffee clutch too.

Last edited by Clueless; 02-22-2013 at 10:03 AM..
Closed Thread