Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #541
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Red, how you cooking them? The first day I ever did low carbed, I wasn't that informed about the way of eating, so every time I felt hungry, I'd eat a HB egg.

I ate 19 eggs that first day
I am between spatulas so I just scrambled them in the skillet. I'm pretty sure I suffer from low stomach acid but, so far, I have not been able to work up the nerve to try the acv test. I slugged some pickle juice instead with indeterminate results.

19 eggs! wow! lol

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #542
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW_CARB_LOLA View Post
SO... as per my experiment
I weighed myself 6 days after doing a High fat moderate protein diet, coupled with warrior style of eating ( window of eating 7pm-11pm) and the results....

I STAYED THE SAME!!!

ugh! I am glad that I have discovered that I am able to maintain on a high fat, moderate protein diet, but I think I have come to the realization that my body does not like to lose weight with this type of lifestyle. I have tried experiments like this multiple times with hopes that I will be able to lose, but I must be fat sensitive.

The only way I have been able to lose is by PMSF... so very low fat, low carb, high protein. I think I will cycle between PMSF and then to stablize will return to NK diet.

Overall, I am kind of diasppointed because I LOVE NK eating! but I am glad I am able to become more aware of the way my body works and what it is sensitive too.
I understand the impatience but 7 days is not a fair test of NK. It takes 2 to 3 weeks to become keto-adapted under normal circumstances and perhaps longer depending on the person's metabolism.

Give it 5 weeks. All you have to lose is time and like the old saw says, "I tried the 30 day diet and lost a month".

MC is right too about the added variable of Warrior style eating. Perhaps combining the two will take some adjustment for your body?

Old 02-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #543
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
ya know I love Christopher Walken.
I love Christopher Walken, too. And, I'm sorry, but I have to name drop , a long long time ago in practically another lifetime, I dated John Savage for a while. Now, nobody knows who John Savage is for good reason. The night I met him, he asked me if I knew who he was and I didn't and told him so, and he rattled off a list of movies he had been in and I said "oh, I've heard of The Deer Hunter. Tell me who you played and I'll rent it and try to spot you." And he said (and to this day I don't even know how true this is), "I WAS THE STAR!" Anyhow, while we were seeing each other he went to some wedding where he sat at a table with Christopher Walken and I was pretty pissed that I was not his date that night. But somehow it makes me feel as if I almost know Christopher Walken. lol

Quote:
Not sure why, I am trying to figure it out, but I have been very moopey yesterday and today. especially in the morning. I am trying IF, skipping breakfast. EAting lunch and dinner. But having CO and HWC at breakfast. Not sure if that has something to do with it or what. This is very unusual for me.
I am a bit discouraged about not losing any weight but not sure that is all of it. weight this am 161.5.
Any body else get down when they use intermittant fasting?
I think IF'ing actually makes me feel pretty up, but its hard to know if that's the IF'ing or the ketosis. And then not losing makes me feel a little down.

Quote:
Last week I tasted a Mushroom swiss burger for the first time. (My Dh had one) I thought is was delicious so I am trying to put together a mushroom swiss burger casserole or something. Has anyone made something like that?
I am gonna try to come up with a recipe, unless someone has one?
I don't actually like mushrooms or swiss cheese, but I feel like the soupless taco soup idea would be great for this. Maybe:
2 lb ground beef (I can only cook if there're gonna be leftovers)
8 oz cream cheese
2 or 3 slices swiss (or grated)
mushrooms

brown the beef, and then just add the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Wow. I just heard someone say that a new requirement at her work for health insurance is mandatory BMI check.
That's horrid.

Quote:
Weigh-in this morning ... 202.8. I know that is at least 2.9 pounds of water weight because I fervently want to be under 200. heh
Gah! It's just not right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Hey red my pic in PR
Love it!

Quote:
I weighed myself 6 days after doing a High fat moderate protein diet, coupled with warrior style of eating ( window of eating 7pm-11pm) and the results....

I STAYED THE SAME!!!

ugh! I am glad that I have discovered that I am able to maintain on a high fat, moderate protein diet, but I think I have come to the realization that my body does not like to lose weight with this type of lifestyle. I have tried experiments like this multiple times with hopes that I will be able to lose, but I must be fat sensitive.

The only way I have been able to lose is by PMSF... so very low fat, low carb, high protein. I think I will cycle between PMSF and then to stablize will return to NK diet.

Overall, I am kind of diasppointed because I LOVE NK eating! but I am glad I am able to become more aware of the way my body works and what it is sensitive too.
I was gonna say the same as Darin. I really think you need to give it a few weeks, at least. I know it's frustrating. I'm super impatient, too.

Quote:
I am between spatulas so I just scrambled them in the skillet. I'm pretty sure I suffer from low stomach acid but, so far, I have not been able to work up the nerve to try the acv test. I slugged some pickle juice instead with indeterminate results.
I am really scared to try the acv thing, too. The idea of pouring that over heartburn is just beyond comprehension.

So, I'm still at the same damn weight as I have been since feb 4th. Yesterday was 178.8 and today 188.4. My numbers were pretty good yesterday, though:

98.16 g fat
9.77 g carb
53.62 g protein
1574 calories

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb
once a day feeding
Old 02-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #544
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
I am really scared to try the acv thing, too. The idea of pouring that over heartburn is just beyond comprehension.

So, I'm still at the same damn weight as I have been since feb 4th. Yesterday was 178.8 and today 188.4. My numbers were pretty good yesterday, though:

98.16 g fat
9.77 g carb
53.62 g protein
1574 calories
That is a cool 6 degrees story

I'm game to try the acv on heartburn but I can't get myself past the idea of drinking acv even if it is diluted in water. I might try it with that pickle idea. Who gave us that idea???

178 is the real number
Old 02-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #545
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Jayne, I hope you broke up with him for not taking you to that party JK
Oh My Gosh he would have so splainin to do.

Red was right, I have been sick today. Guess I was getting a virus. But I have taken tons of Vitamin C and stuff and think I am getting better. Hopefully I will be back to my annoyingly perky self by tomorrow.

I would up just making mushroom swiss burgers, they loved um.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #546
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That is a cool 6 degrees story

I'm game to try the acv on heartburn but I can't get myself past the idea of drinking acv even if it is diluted in water. I might try it with that pickle idea. Who gave us that idea???

178 is the real number
use a straw. The stuff will eat the enamel off your teeth and your teeth will get super sensitive. Mine did.
I hated it at first but it kinda grows on ya. 1Tbsp in a glass of water is still pretty strong, for me anyways. Supposed to lower BP too.
Well I think according to the internet and Braggs ACV can pretty much do anything
Old 02-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #547
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LOW_CARB_LOLA
Stats: 5'7" 304/154.4/120?
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
LalaLola.
What is PMSF?

How long has it been since you lost that 120+ lbs??
Have you been maintaining for a long time?

I bet you look Great!
Thank you!
It took me 7 months. The majority of which was while following Lyle McDonald's PMSF. It is basically a high protein, low carb, very low fat diet. I have maintained/stalled for about 4 months now because I wanted to try something less extreme. Sometimes you just gotta face the truth... PMSF is the way that I will lose the rest of my weight.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #548
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LOW_CARB_LOLA
Stats: 5'7" 304/154.4/120?
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Sorry to hear that, Lola. I hope you find a WOE that works for you!

How closely have you logged your macros? Have you given a thought to not eating within a 4 hour window? The high level influx of protein during the short amount of time might be whats stalling you.. I don't lose unless I space out my protein throughout the day.
I have been logging it to the T
Although the 4 hour eating window is new, the whole concept of high fat isn't. I never lose on it, I was hoping if I modified it into a 4 hour window it would work this time, but no such luck

That's alright! I will use it for maintenance and maybe the last few pounds. I love NK, just can't use it right now
Old 02-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #549
Blabbermouth!!!

Food log - Feb 17, 2013

Numbers and log for today.

Calories: 2,159

Fat: 189
Pro: 113
Car: 11

77/21/2

Breakfast: Coffee, CO, HWC.
Lunch: Eggs and cheese.
Dinner: Fish.
Snack: HWC floats, pickles.
End of Day: 13g CO.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #550
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:

19 eggs! wow! lol
Darin....try the baking soda in the morning test to see if you belch. 1/2 teaspoon in a 1/2 cup water, drink it down, nearly no taste. if you belch right after that, within a minute or two, you have enough acid. Why do you think you have low acid?
Old 02-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #551
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Hey red my pic in PR
Love the pic Becky!
Old 02-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #552
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I STAYED THE SAME!!!

I understand the "window of eating" concept, however, the body can only process so much protein, carb, and fat at a time, it will store to fat if it has too much. Much as anything, too much too much, if not used for energy, will be stored...
Old 02-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #553
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
use a straw. The stuff will eat the enamel off your teeth and your teeth will get super sensitive. Mine did.
I hated it at first but it kinda grows on ya. 1Tbsp in a glass of water is still pretty strong, for me anyways. Supposed to lower BP too.
Well I think according to the internet and Braggs ACV can pretty much do anything
I must disagree with you Cheryl -- I have never had ACV grow on me!

That is some kind of nasty stuff....that said, it can lick a tummy ache in five minutes. I will drink a swig of it straight (don't read Darin!!)...rolled in my tongue so it doesn't touch my teeth, then rinse with water while shaking my head miserably from the nasty taste, automatic reaction I cannot stop. I use Braggs too. Best quality stuff. If I have too much fat in one meal I usually have to take some.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:29 AM   #554
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
I must disagree with you Cheryl -- I have never had ACV grow on me!

That is some kind of nasty stuff....that said, it can lick a tummy ache in five minutes. I will drink a swig of it straight (don't read Darin!!)...rolled in my tongue so it doesn't touch my teeth, then rinse with water while shaking my head miserably from the nasty taste, automatic reaction I cannot stop. I use Braggs too. Best quality stuff. If I have too much fat in one meal I usually have to take some.

OOHH Geez, (big gulp) I can't drink it straight.
But pickle juice is alot stronger than acv in water
Old 02-18-2013, 04:22 AM   #555
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Good morning all!

Have a cold, first in 2 years, can't taste a thing! Is this a blessing or a curse?

Bloated from PMS, I feel like a 10 pound bag of poo stuffed into a 5 pound bag.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:46 AM   #556
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good morning all!

Have a cold, first in 2 years, can't taste a thing! Is this a blessing or a curse?

Sorry you feel bad. Hope it gets better.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:02 AM   #557
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinisme
Stats: 180/170/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 12/12/2012
How does everyone measure their CO? Solid, liquid, weigh? Still at same weigh here. I need to drink way more water for sure.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:14 AM   #558
Senior LCF Member

Hi Erin, I weigh it. A scoop for me is closer to 40 grams, not the serving size of 14.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:31 AM   #559
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Darin....try the baking soda in the morning test to see if you belch. 1/2 teaspoon in a 1/2 cup water, drink it down, nearly no taste. if you belch right after that, within a minute or two, you have enough acid. Why do you think you have low acid?
Oh? Low acid is not an acute problem? I thought that the level of acid was dynamic and more was secreted when needed meaning that low levels were transient failures to produce more.

If I eat a lot of my protein for the day at one meal it sits high up like a lump. Often but not every time which I assume has to do with my threshold for x amount of protein at one time. That podcast I mentioned a while back described the sensation. Fat doesn't seem to affect me like that but there are [tmi] indications that sometimes I am not digesting fat properly either.

Dr. Avery Carpenter describes the sit like a rock thing at about the 9:05 mark on this podcast (and it continues after the in-line advertisement):

'LLVLC-ep-629-dr-avery-carpenter'

This is a situation where I might be able to surmount my pathological aversion to grossness and try acv in water.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:49 AM   #560
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Good morning all!

It is a great opportunity to test out ACV! Eat a couple of pounds of protein and swig some ACV and let us know how you feel afterwards.

I used to get one or two really bad colds every year before I gave up wheat and went LC. Did the Sailor get you sick???
Old 02-18-2013, 06:51 AM   #561
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinisme View Post
How does everyone measure their CO? Solid, liquid, weigh? Still at same weigh here. I need to drink way more water for sure.
I weigh mine. How long have you been holding steady at this weight?
Old 02-18-2013, 06:56 AM   #562
Blabbermouth!!!

Weigh-in Feb 18, 2013

Weigh-in this morning ... 202.4
Old 02-18-2013, 07:09 AM   #563
Senior LCF Member

Reddarin, not that long, with behavior affecting it.(big weakness for glasses of wine) I think I have a new "set point" used to be at 160 . I need to give the neighbors my scale and ask for it on sundays or something. . I used to drink ALOT of water and haven't been lately. suddenly lost taste for it. and I'm a prodigious coffee drinker...
My body has a very firm way of telling me when I'm dehydrated, (TMI alert) I feel like I have to pee, but I don't. SOOOOOO annoying.
Just made the cabbage /burger soup just happened to have those ingrediants that needed cooked. reminds me of cabbage soup diet. Remember that one, I think it's the funniest diet ever. "eat nothing but bananas and skim milk, plus as much cabbage soup as you like...etc"
Old 02-18-2013, 08:04 AM   #564
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It is a great opportunity to test out ACV! Eat a couple of pounds of protein and swig some ACV and let us know how you feel afterwards.

I used to get one or two really bad colds every year before I gave up wheat and went LC. Did the Sailor get you sick???
No, hes fine, and gladly sleeping on the couch because I insist that the king size Tempurpedic is for sick people only.

In other news, I think I'm gonna try giving up dairy for awhile, and see if some of my stomach issues decrease. I guess I'll be doing HFLC Paleo more or less.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:06 AM   #565
Blabbermouth!!!

heh he is crazy to have to be told that. I'd be wearing a full bio suit
Old 02-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #566
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinisme View Post
Reddarin, not that long, with behavior affecting it.(big weakness for glasses of wine) I think I have a new "set point" used to be at 160 . I need to give the neighbors my scale and ask for it on sundays or something. . I used to drink ALOT of water and haven't been lately. suddenly lost taste for it. and I'm a prodigious coffee drinker...
My body has a very firm way of telling me when I'm dehydrated, (TMI alert) I feel like I have to pee, but I don't. SOOOOOO annoying.
Just made the cabbage /burger soup just happened to have those ingrediants that needed cooked. reminds me of cabbage soup diet. Remember that one, I think it's the funniest diet ever. "eat nothing but bananas and skim milk, plus as much cabbage soup as you like...etc"
Water can be so tricky. If you don't drink enough your body will retain what it can. Are you getting enough sodium?

Wine, even in moderation, is probably counter to weight loss since alcohol calories are burned before anything else, including body fat, and it throws the liver and kidneys under the bus.

Are you adjusting your calories and carbs to account for the wine? 5oz of wine is not so high in carbs or calories so I'd guess it is more about metabolic processes unless a lot is consumed.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #567
Senior LCF Member

Yeah, it just puts fat burning on back burner. Burner
Old 02-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #568
Blabbermouth!!!

Deborah dropped by [the main lobby but her post got moved to the lounge] to say Hi to everyone. She said to tell all of us Hi too

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...i-deborah.html
Old 02-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #569
Major LCF Poster!

Got me a motivational Playlist goin....

Unskinny Bop/ Poison

Fat Bottom Girls/ Queen

Baby Got back /Sir Mix-a-lot

Whole lotta Rosie/ AC/DC

Any Suggestion?

Last edited by Clueless; 02-18-2013 at 05:35 PM..
Old 02-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #570
Blabbermouth!!!

Food log - Feb 18, 2013

Numbers and log for today.

Calories: 2,393

Fat: 208
Pro: 120
Car: 17