Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #511
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
The shrimp and cabbage soup was not bad but not super either. I might try it again with a little more seasoning. I only used salt, pepper and garlic powder this time.

If you try it Cheryl let me know how you like it.

reddarin is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #512
Senior LCF Member
 
SouthernGirl61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 462
Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Thanks for you answer. I guess I misunderstood you. I have low cortisol levels, you had high? oops... opposite.
I'm so happy for you, that you feel better.
I'm also on a very restricted diet. Seems I can't do apples, or maybe not on the days I do Quinoa.
OH low cortisol?! I do not have that issue, tell you what, you can cover for me while I go relax at a beach somewhere and you will have high cortisol in no time I bet! You must have thyroid issues too? I have incredible food allergies, but alas, I just eat around those pesky problems. I don't eat grains at all, but did try quinoa once, blew up from that stuff. I hope you figure it out so you feel better!
SouthernGirl61 is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #513
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,353
Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Hi Cheryl! I had a friend with in house child care, boy she had some stories, not about the kids, the parents! I have been "near exhaustion" at work the past few weeks. Have been dealing with governmental audits, and folks in our hair while we are trying to take care of patients. Geeze, I wish the government would save us a few trillion dollars and get out of health care! As Darin would say, "dismounting soapbox"!! I have missed you all too!
Boy howdy I have a few too. Amazing how badly behaved adults can be!!!!
I mean to the point I have had to call the police. Sheesh But for the most part it's all good. I have lived and learned to be very picky about which very lucky family gets to utilize my services.
Clueless is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #514
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,353
Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
The shrimp and cabbage soup was not bad but not super either. I might try it again with a little more seasoning. I only used salt, pepper and garlic powder this time.

If you try it Cheryl let me know how you like it.

I think I will add shrimp to my shopping list and give it a try.
It is hard to beat the cabbage rotel soup.
Clueless is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
DebbyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 4,165
Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
OH low cortisol?! I do not have that issue, tell you what, you can cover for me while I go relax at a beach somewhere and you will have high cortisol in no time I bet! You must have thyroid issues too? I have incredible food allergies, but alas, I just eat around those pesky problems. I don't eat grains at all, but did try quinoa once, blew up from that stuff. I hope you figure it out so you feel better!
LOL Yes, low thyroid also with adrenal fatigue. But that is getting better.
You know, I'm starting to think it may be the quinoa also. Sadly! Its so delicious! The only grains I eat are oats, oat bran & corn tortillas.
Another thing that causes inflammation is ibuprofen, but maybe the sinus tablets I've been taking to fight off a cold is a problem too.
DebbyL is online now  
Old 02-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #516
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,353
Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Darin,
I can't find any of your butt kicking movies round here. Except Expendables 1 and I already saw that one. Well they had Expendables 2 but I heeded you warning and passed.
I did get 7 Psychopaths cause ya know I love Christopher Walken. It was not the best. Had some funny stuff but a lil gorey for my liking.
Geeez it is hard to find a good movie nowadays.
Has any one seen Harry Brown?
Old guys kicking BuTT rock!!! I haven't seen it yet, never could find it. All the video stores are gone now so ya have to et it at redbox and I don't do netflicks (yet).
Clueless is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #517
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 38
Gallery: zgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Not sure why, I am trying to figure it out, but I have been very moopey yesterday and today. especially in the morning. I am trying IF, skipping breakfast. EAting lunch and dinner. But having CO and HWC at breakfast. Not sure if that has something to do with it or what. This is very unusual for me.
I am a bit discouraged about not losing any weight but not sure that is all of it. weight this am 161.5.
Any body else get down when they use intermittant fasting?
I'm sorry to hear you're feeling down. I've never done IF before but I know my mood gets affected if I am consistently low on calories for a few days. I'll feel blue for no reason and even a little anxious and panicky. I hope you figure out what it is, whether it's the calories or the flu you're fighting or just exhaustion from a tough work week.
zgirl is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #518
Senior LCF Member
 
SouthernGirl61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 462
Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
LOL Yes, low thyroid also with adrenal fatigue. But that is getting better.
You know, I'm starting to think it may be the quinoa also. Sadly! Its so delicious! The only grains I eat are oats, oat bran & corn tortillas.
Another thing that causes inflammation is ibuprofen, but maybe the sinus tablets I've been taking to fight off a cold is a problem too.
You are lucky to have the oats and corn. Corn is a direct hit allergy for me, and they put that stuff everywhere! Yep, NSAIDS are not good for us. I do not take any of those, nor antibiotics, I have Stevens Johnsons Syndrome, since I was 18. Sinus meds can be awful as well, if I feel a cold coming on, which it has been years...I increase vitamin C to 5000mg over the day; and take zinc, I use the tablets you can suck, slow to the throat; increase Vit D as well. DH does this too, and he doesn't get sick but a day or so. I also use Red Bee Propolis if I feel any type of infection, DH has totally wiped out his roseasa with it; and DD use it if they have an UTI coming on. I have no options for medications, so it's all natural or nothing for me!
SouthernGirl61 is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
DebbyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 4,165
Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
You are lucky to have the oats and corn. Corn is a direct hit allergy for me, and they put that stuff everywhere! Yep, NSAIDS are not good for us. I do not take any of those, nor antibiotics, I have Stevens Johnsons Syndrome, since I was 18. Sinus meds can be awful as well, if I feel a cold coming on, which it has been years...I increase vitamin C to 5000mg over the day; and take zinc, I use the tablets you can suck, slow to the throat; increase Vit D as well. DH does this too, and he doesn't get sick but a day or so. I also use Red Bee Propolis if I feel any type of infection, DH has totally wiped out his roseasa with it; and DD use it if they have an UTI coming on. I have no options for medications, so it's all natural or nothing for me!
I prefer to treat things naturally too. I'd never heard of Red Bee Propolis before. Very $$$! But I do load up on garlic & echinacea, & take D3 & zinc daily.
What does NSAIDS stand for? I'm assuming the ibuprofen?
Thanks so much for your answers. I'm feeling better about what did it. Will do experiment once inflammation is gone with the carbs individually.
Yeah? I am happy I can still eat corn. Can't have lots of other things... miss dairy mostly.
DebbyL is online now  
Old 02-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #520
Senior LCF Member
 
SouthernGirl61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 462
Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
I prefer to treat things naturally too. I'd never heard of Red Bee Propolis before. Very $$$! But I do load up on garlic & echinacea, & take D3 & zinc daily.
What does NSAIDS stand for? I'm assuming the ibuprofen?
Thanks so much for your answers. I'm feeling better about what did it. Will do experiment once inflammation is gone with the carbs individually.
Yeah? I am happy I can still eat corn. Can't have lots of other things... miss dairy mostly.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs = NSAID, yes your ibuprofen is one of them. The NaturaNector brand is priced better if you go through Amazon, but it is a wonder. Vitamin C is the best for fighting inflammation too. No less than 3000mg a day is recommended.
SouthernGirl61 is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
DebbyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 4,165
Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Vit C ! Cool! I do have to be careful with that tough, because I get canker sores.
DebbyL is online now  
Old 02-17-2013, 04:02 AM   #522
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 673
Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Re: IF

Always wanted to try it, but then got effectively scared off when I read it may affect fertility.
mizzcase is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 05:26 AM   #523
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
I think I will add shrimp to my shopping list and give it a try.
It is hard to beat the cabbage rotel soup.
I will use Rotel next time
reddarin is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 05:35 AM   #524
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Darin,
I can't find any of your butt kicking movies round here. Except Expendables 1 and I already saw that one. Well they had Expendables 2 but I heeded you warning and passed.
I did get 7 Psychopaths cause ya know I love Christopher Walken. It was not the best. Had some funny stuff but a lil gorey for my liking.
Geeez it is hard to find a good movie nowadays.
Has any one seen Harry Brown?
Old guys kicking BuTT rock!!! I haven't seen it yet, never could find it. All the video stores are gone now so ya have to et it at redbox and I don't do netflicks (yet).
Harry Brown was great.

Eden Log was one of those movies that I liked but I doubt anyone I know would like it.

Pandorum (2009) was really good if you like horror type SF. Event Horizon (1997) and Supernova (2000 - James Spader and Angela Basset) both excellent. Aliens (the second movie in the series) was the best of the lot. I read the novelized version and it was excellent.
reddarin is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 05:52 AM   #525
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Weigh-in Feb 13, 2013

Weigh-in this morning ... 202.8. I know that is at least 2.9 pounds of water weight because I fervently want to be under 200. heh
reddarin is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 05:54 AM   #526
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,353
Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Harry Brown was great.

Eden Log was one of those movies that I liked but I doubt anyone I know would like it.

Pandorum (2009) was really good if you like horror type SF. Event Horizon (1997) and Supernova (2000 - James Spader and Angela Basset) both excellent. Aliens (the second movie in the series) was the best of the lot. I read the novelized version and it was excellent.
Dang it. I just knew Harry Brown would Rock. I am gonna have to get Netflicks. I am a closet Frugel but a girls gotta have some fun. Everytime I watch Boondock Saints 2 I say I am gonna see Harry Brown.
But haven't found it yet.
Clueless is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 06:04 AM   #527
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
I don't have NetFlix now but I had it several years ago. Actually, I had it when they first introduced on-line streaming. I always felt like I was getting a great bargain. I could pick and choose what I wanted to watch, catch up on entire series that I didn't watch because I don't watch TV hardly ever.
reddarin is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 06:08 AM   #528
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,353
Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
My weigh in 162. I believe I am stuck in a set point. 159 to 162 is a weight that I stayed at for at least 4 years. I did manage to get to 150 just before I got married.
Then i think too much wine and a few bouts with my thyroid and steroids and I gained again.
Seems I am always batteling the same 25 lbs.
Oh well
New day today!
Clueless is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 06:13 AM   #529
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 673
Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
I stayed the same from yesterday morning until this morning. Think it was either the lack of a protein/coconut oil shake yesterday and/or the glass of red wine I had last night..

I'm blaming it on the protein shake.
mizzcase is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 06:44 AM   #530
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,353
Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
I stayed the same from yesterday morning until this morning. Think it was either the lack of a protein/coconut oil shake yesterday and/or the glass of red wine I had last night..

I'm blaming it on the protein shake.
hehehe
Yep I would definately blame it on the protein. Couldn't be the wine
Wine is packed with antioxidents or reservatol or something so it has to be good for you.
Clueless is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #531
Major LCF Poster!
 
portcop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,279
Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Hey red my pic in PR
portcop01 is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #532
Major LCF Poster!
 
portcop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,279
Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Atv ride. Got stuck ill put new pic on ever day
portcop01 is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #533
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 673
Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Love the pic, Becky.


Here are my meals and macros from yesterday for some accountability:

B: 2 cups coffee, 2T cream.. 2 egg omelette with roasted red peppers and goat cheese cooked in a T of butter
L: grassfed burger topped with bacon, sauteed collard greens, smoked gouda cheese
S: 1 oz macadamia nuts
D: romaine lettuce, feta, olives, onions, 1 T olive oil, 1 glass red wine

1564 calories/120g fat/21.1g carbs (14.5 net)/77.1g protein
mizzcase is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #534
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Atv ride. Got stuck ill put new pic on ever day
Great pic Becky! And that is a great idea to share them with us daily
reddarin is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #535
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
I cannot recommend 5 eggs at one time. I have been doing 4 eggs frequently the past couple of weeks but whew that 5th one was too much.
reddarin is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #536
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 673
Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Red, how you cooking them? The first day I ever did low carbed, I wasn't that informed about the way of eating, so every time I felt hungry, I'd eat a HB egg.

I ate 19 eggs that first day
mizzcase is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #537
Senior LCF Member
 
MerryKate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sequim, WA
Posts: 657
Gallery: MerryKate
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: LC: 04/11 • NK 10/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
The first day I ever did low carbed, I wasn't that informed about the way of eating, so every time I felt hungry, I'd eat a HB egg.

I ate 19 eggs that first day
19 eggs? I think 4 would be my limit...for the day.

I went out for dinner last night at Red Robin and thought I was pretty safe getting a burger with no bun. When I came home and logged it, I discovered I'd eaten 40 carbs in one meal (who knew fried onions had so many carbs? ). I was sure my ketosis numbers would be 00 this morning, but I was at 0.5. I guess if your body is well keto-adapted, one bad meal won't knock you out entirely. That's a relief....
MerryKate is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #538
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 35
Gallery: LOW_CARB_LOLA
Stats: 5'7" 304/154.4/120?
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: January 2012
SO... as per my experiment
I weighed myself 6 days after doing a High fat moderate protein diet, coupled with warrior style of eating ( window of eating 7pm-11pm) and the results....

I STAYED THE SAME!!!

ugh! I am glad that I have discovered that I am able to maintain on a high fat, moderate protein diet, but I think I have come to the realization that my body does not like to lose weight with this type of lifestyle. I have tried experiments like this multiple times with hopes that I will be able to lose, but I must be fat sensitive.

The only way I have been able to lose is by PMSF... so very low fat, low carb, high protein. I think I will cycle between PMSF and then to stablize will return to NK diet.

Overall, I am kind of diasppointed because I LOVE NK eating! but I am glad I am able to become more aware of the way my body works and what it is sensitive too.
LOW_CARB_LOLA is online now  
Old 02-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #539
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 673
Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Sorry to hear that, Lola. I hope you find a WOE that works for you!

How closely have you logged your macros? Have you given a thought to not eating within a 4 hour window? The high level influx of protein during the short amount of time might be whats stalling you.. I don't lose unless I space out my protein throughout the day.
mizzcase is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #540
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,353
Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
LalaLola.
What is PMSF?

How long has it been since you lost that 120+ lbs??
Have you been maintaining for a long time?

I bet you look Great!
Clueless is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:58 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.