Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
OMgosh Rubi, I would starve to death if I ate under a 1000 calories a day!!!
No one would wanna play with me!
How are you feelin?
I would normally be that way, too. It has been this way for maybe a week or ten days now that I haven't wanted to eat. I think some of it is ketosis and some of it is psychological. I'm a little scared of food, to tell the truth. I'm afraid I'm going to lose control once I start or if I think about food to much. Unfortunately eating requires thinking about food. So, I will often realize suddenly that it is 8 pm and I haven't eaten anything all day (except some HWC with coffee or some coconut oil off the spoon) and then I'll have to throw myself together something real quick.

I actually feel pretty good though, oddly enough. I have plenty of energy. I guess I've been storing up some energy these past few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post

Wow! Is there something that is causing your lack of appetite? I know you were sick but I thought you'd gotten all better? Could it be your meds depressing your appetite?

I'll tell you what I've been doing the last 3 days. I've been trying hard to eat all of my calories except for the 1oz of CO before 3pm. Since I drink CO/HWC/Coffee I don't eat anything till almost noon and even then I have to make myself do it because I am not particularly hungry by then.

By 2:30 I have to be fixing whatever is for dinner to get it fixed and eaten before 3. And if I can do it closer to 2pm all the better.

I thought about my sedentary ways and it seemed to me that a long stretch of no calorie intake was probably the best way to trigger BF usage as opposed to stringing out calorie intake all throughout the day.

But I am still eating about 1900 to 2000 calories and I am getting my protein in.

Maybe try to always be nibbling on something. Like, figure out what will comprise your calories for the day and then start nibbling your way through them.

Are you seeing your doc anytime soon? You could mention the low calories and appetite and ask about it.
My doc is a joke when it comes to diet talk. I really respect him on other topics, but he has no freaking idea. He wanted to put me on a liquid high protein diet that was also, imo, way too high carb. And the kicker, it was 500 calories a day! That's day in and day out. I have had the thought over the last few days that if people can lose weight doing that, I should be able to lose as low as I'm doing, seeing that it's almost double. But I think that is more a true starvation diet. He claims it works for people.

I pretty much eat in a window like you're talking except mine's been later in the day. On good days, I usually manage to eat for the first time between 3 and 4. Things get so mucked up by my kids' schedules, though. I drop them at school in the morning and then I'm out studying all day while they're in school (so I can't cook myself a meal during that time) Then I pick them up at 3:30 and 4:00 and often don't manage my first meal until I've got them home and fed them something (they yell much louder than I do!), so that's like 5:00. But then I have this problem which is that I have to clean up the kitchen first, take out the garbage, make their lunches for tomorrow, and on and on and if I get on that sort of a jag, I won't eat until 7 or 8 and then I'm trying to get all my protein in in one fell swoop. What I really need to do is pack myself a lunch and make sure I actually eat it.

So, today I ate a meal at 3 pm. And it had 45 grams of protein, to boot! And I think a lot of calories, too. Gotta go throw it into my counting thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKSL55 View Post
I have been using the fairly standard:

4 teaspoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/4th teaspoon salt
1/4th teaspoon pepper
1 large egg (I use a pasteurized egg) warmed to room temp

1 cup extra light olive oil (Bertolli)

Put all the ingredients except the oil in a container and mix with an immersion blender while drizzling in the 1 cup of olive oil.

That is a little more vinegar than most recipes call for (4 teaspoons instead of 3 teaspoons==1 tablespoon). It gives it that Hellmann's tang, without adding something tart (lemon). The one time I tried adding lemon juice I got a bitter after taste. Not for me.

I think the extra light olive oil is critical -- other types of olive oils have produced a vile tasting mayo. As has avocado oil.

I made bacon grease mayo a couple of times. The taste is good, but it is hard out of the refrigerator, which doesn't seem right for mayo.

--
Phillip
I gotta pick up some of that Bertolli. I've been using a non-EV olive oil from TJ's and it works but, eh. Yesterday I made some with full on EVOO because I was going to use it for a recipe that I would have thought was screaming for olive oil flavor. But something about the mayo is way too intense anyway. It was gross on it's own and barely eatable in the recipe.

BTW, if you're using an immersion blender, you can just put everything in, all the oil, in the beginning before you start blending, no drizzling required. You can look it up on you tube and see how it works.

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb
once a day feeding

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
I have a new hypothesis about Google Chrome and their extension development documentation.

After wrestling with message passing for the last 2 days and finally figuring it out several things became apparent.

#1. It should be easy.
#2. It is easy.
#3. The documentation is written by Google engineers for Google engineers that are intimately familiar with the extension architecture and its development over time.
#4. Realizing that their documents suck, because a kid with a crayon could do better, Google wisely chose to further obfuscate their meaning rather than just, ya know, say plainly what is what because they want to build the potential extension programmer's character.

Yes. It is the old truism that something just given to you is never as valued as something that you had to crawl through a mile of broken glass to get.

I salute you Google with random obscenities and hand gestures.
See, I knew you would like it before you hated it! Yes, it should be easy, low-techies should not have to scream and throw computers, but then, the game would not be quite as special to the Google techies. Perhaps if we paid for the usage it would be easier???
Old 02-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #273
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
See, I knew you would like it before you hated it! Yes, it should be easy, low-techies should not have to scream and throw computers, but then, the game would not be quite as special to the Google techies. Perhaps if we paid for the usage it would be easier???
It strikes me as willful on their part. If the directions are clear I can figure it out if the task is not overly complex. That is what I mean about the documentation being written by google guys for google guys. The thing is, that is a very old problem in writing technical documents. I mean, it is sort of the first check box on the list - 'is this written for the user or the guy in the next cubical?'.

I'm not so sure that a paid service would create a better product although it would give subscribers a stick to whack Google with.

Last edited by reddarin; 02-10-2013 at 05:36 PM..
Old 02-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKSL55 View Post
I have been using the fairly standard:

4 teaspoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/4th teaspoon salt
1/4th teaspoon pepper
1 large egg (I use a pasteurized egg) warmed to room temp

1 cup extra light olive oil (Bertolli)

Put all the ingredients except the oil in a container and mix with an immersion blender while drizzling in the 1 cup of olive oil.

That is a little more vinegar than most recipes call for (4 teaspoons instead of 3 teaspoons==1 tablespoon). It gives it that Hellmann's tang, without adding something tart (lemon). The one time I tried adding lemon juice I got a bitter after taste. Not for me.

I think the extra light olive oil is critical -- other types of olive oils have produced a vile tasting mayo. As has avocado oil.

I made bacon grease mayo a couple of times. The taste is good, but it is hard out of the refrigerator, which doesn't seem right for mayo.

--
Phillip
Thanks Phillip....especially for the comment about the vinegar and the "hellman's tang" as I have loved that mayo all my life, but don't want the soybean oil. I'm going to try it with white vinegar next time. Lemon juice was not right for me either, but I know others love even MORE lemon that the recipes call for. To each their own. I really appreciate this!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #275
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
todays log

calories 1661

fat 123 71%
pro 99 26%
carbs 14 6%
Old 02-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Thanks Phillip....especially for the comment about the vinegar and the "hellman's tang" as I have loved that mayo all my life, but don't want the soybean oil. I'm going to try it with white vinegar next time. Lemon juice was not right for me either, but I know others love even MORE lemon that the recipes call for. To each their own. I really appreciate this!
wonder if white vinegar would be best. I was thinking ACV but wonder what the difference would be?
Old 02-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #277
Blabbermouth!!!

I might try it with a skosh of vinegar. I can see where the lemon flavor would quickly be too much for me.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #278
Blabbermouth!!!

I've been on the cusp of having leg cramps the last few days. That is why I had 2 cups of bouillon today. According to my food log I got right at 5g of sodium for the day so I am kinda curious to see how the almost cramps pan out.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
I've been on the cusp of having leg cramps the last few days. That is why I had 2 cups of bouillon today. According to my food log I got right at 5g of sodium for the day so I am kinda curious to see how the almost cramps pan out.
Google did it to ya!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:14 AM   #280
Major LCF Poster!

my weight this am is .......

Geez Louiezze
I am pondereing getting a new scale again.

I will take my measurements again in a few more days.
Who care what that scale says. He is all negative and hardly has anything nice to say. If he keeps it up I am gonna file seperation papers
Old 02-11-2013, 06:00 AM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Morning all,hope red your leg cramps are better!cherly are you eating to much protein if I eat over 70 I don't lose...I was 162 yesterday this morning 158.8 so that's 4 lbs water gone now ill have to work on the other 4
Red all my pic are on face book I don't no how to post them here!can you tell me how?
Old 02-11-2013, 06:10 AM   #282
Blabbermouth!!!

Due to cortisol issues, I might name google as a coconspirator if I stall. But they are directly responsible for the patch of callous on my forehead from all the facepalming the last few days
Old 02-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #283
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Geez Louiezze

Who care what that scale says. He is all negative and hardly has anything nice to say. If he keeps it up I am gonna file seperation papers
It is annoying but there is one thing about a big jump like that - you know it is water weight because two days ago you hit 159. So much better than a .1 or .2 bump or even a no movement to me because I know that it is covering up a lower reading.

I kept a shotgun in my bathroom for a while but I think the scale recognized the super soaker brand name and was uncowed.

Who can forget when Basil Fawlty thrashed his car with a tree branch
Old 02-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #284
Blabbermouth!!!

It is bit tricky the first time you do it Becky. You'd take the pic's URL and use the little mountain icon thingy to post it.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #285
Blabbermouth!!!

No cramps at all and I slept like a rock.

I'm gonna try to drink two cups of bouillon again today
Old 02-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #286
Blabbermouth!!!

Weigh-in Feb 11, 2013

Weigh-in this morning ... 203.3

Old 02-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Geez Louiezze

Old 02-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Morning all,hope red your leg cramps are better!cherly are you eating to much protein if I eat over 70 I don't lose...I was 162 yesterday this morning 158.8 so that's 4 lbs water gone now ill have to work on the other 4
Red all my pic are on face book I don't no how to post them here!can you tell me how?

Man oh man, 4 lbs in 1 day. You got your scale trained right! Any pointers for getting mine in shape?

Quote:
It is annoying but there is one thing about a big jump like that - you know it is water weight because two days ago you hit 159. So much better than a .1 or .2 bump or even a no movement to me because I know that it is covering up a lower reading.

I kept a shotgun in my bathroom for a while but I think the scale recognized the super soaker brand name and was uncowed.

Who can forget when Basil Fawlty thrashed his car with a tree branch

I'll keep me a tree branch handy.

Quote:
No cramps at all and I slept like a rock.

I'm gonna try to drink two cups of bouillon again today
Great!

Quote:
Weigh-in this morning ... 203.3

Wow your movin on down!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Ugh, I'm gaining... 188.8 today. I went up a bit in calories yesterday to about 1350 (still have to log in the evening meal). I'm still working on going up though. It's 11:30 am now and I've already had almost 800 cals, so that's a good start. I think I'll have some tuna with mayo later to make up the rest of my protein for the day and I'm gonna make some peanutbutter/kerrygold/CO bombs.

Today is my little guys b'day (4 years old ), so there's going to be some tempting cake this evening. I am fairly steeled against it, I hope. It seems like I'm always trying to lose weight whenever anyone is having a b'day (makes me wonder when I gained it, there must have been a time that I was eating freely) and I have in the past always thought I should be able to have the one piece of cake or one day off, but I'm not going to do it today. The kids will enjoy their cake and b'day celebration just as much if I'm not eating cake.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

When you are tempted to eat that cake just say to your self is that 5 mins of tasting that cake is worth of 3-5 days to get back were you are today!!. Also peanut butter is little higher in carbs I just never lost eating nuts I love nuts .....but till I lose my weight I need to stay away from them
Old 02-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #291
Blabbermouth!!!

Jayne it is normal to gain a little after eating very low calories. If nothing else your body will start rebuilding lost lean body mass.

And! to the birthday boy!
Old 02-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Jayne, I always gain if I lose while I am sick.
Darin is right, you may be replacing LBM.

The BIG 4!!!!!
wow
Hope he has a great bday!!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Due to cortisol issues, I might name google as a coconspirator if I stall. But they are directly responsible for the patch of callous on my forehead from all the facepalming the last few days
hehehe.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

todays log

calories 1549
fat 124 73.5%
pro 80 21%
carbs 21 5.5%
Old 02-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

Cheryl looks good to me!!
Old 02-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Cheryl looks good to me!!
thanks
Old 02-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #297
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Hi all! Is there anything better in this world than fried cabbage with bacon, garlic and onions? I had a LOT of this tonight, along with 5 oz strip steak topped with a tablespoon Kerrygold garlic & herb. Life is good.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #298
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Hi all! Is there anything better in this world than fried cabbage with bacon, garlic and onions? I had a LOT of this tonight, along with 5 oz strip steak topped with a tablespoon Kerrygold garlic & herb. Life is good.
That sounds really tasty! Sadly I just et up the last of my bacon today. But I am thinking about making that cabbage soup stuff tomorrow mmmm mmmm. Can't wait to try it.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #299
Blabbermouth!!!

Food log - Feb 11, 2013

Numbers and log for today.

Calories: 2,083

Fat: 173
Pro: 117
Car: 18

73/24/3

Breakfast: Coffee, CO, HWC.
Lunch: Bacon and eggs.
Dinner: Chicken, sour cream, tomato.
Snack: 2 cups chicken bouillon.
End of Day: 1oz CO.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That sounds really tasty! Sadly I just et up the last of my bacon today. But I am thinking about making that cabbage soup stuff tomorrow mmmm mmmm. Can't wait to try it.
I like plenty of salt in it. YUMMM
Or lots of chicken broth to make it salty. That makes it so good.
Closed Thread