Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: unna
Stats: 230/155-160/tone
WOE: Primal LCHF
Start Date: January 2012
Punkin: Sometimes your posts are so odd - they don't "match" your body. You look like the spitting-image of health, but you describe yourself as very sick.

I completely believe you - I have similar carb/sugar problems, which led to, at its worst, bouts of bulimia. I think after you've done LC for a year, you'll be able to feel healthy on the inside again. I've finally reached the 1 year mark, and keep feeling better and better.
unna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Punkin
Stats: 160/95/100
WOE: NK or LC
Really? Maybe my picture is misleading then. Over-exercising in my opinion is a disorder. I read this article on "exercise bulimia" being a type of eating disorder but it isn't recognized as an eating disorder. Maybe because like you said, because it looks like I am healthy because I have a nice body, that must mean that I have good health. Not everyone agrees with me though, I know people who are "exercise junkies" like I am (was) and would argue with me that they is nothing wrong with exercising, or eating "clean." It means that you take care of your body and that is a good thing.

I guess for me I just got tired of the lifestyle. I wanted to eat like a "normal" personal and exercise like a "normal" person, and not have to worry about gaining all kinds of excessive weight. I guess that is where I am at now, and I hope my experiences can help others (if possible).
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: unna
Stats: 230/155-160/tone
WOE: Primal LCHF
Start Date: January 2012
I like reading about your experiences - I keep learning from them. I definitely believe in "exercise bulimia". It takes up so much time and energy that you can't focus or do anything else.

Did your husband always exercise with you (I think you said you were married once)?
unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:10 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Punkin
Stats: 160/95/100
WOE: NK or LC
My husband exercise everyday for the purpose of losing weight. Everyone in his family is obese, he is the smallest and he weighs 250lbs and this includes the women in his family. So they have serious weight problems.

The difference between him and me though is that he has a healthy approach, in my opinion. He only does 1 hour a day, and some of his workouts are just "doing things for fun." With the added benefit of exercise. I would like to be a bit more like him, but I have so much work to do with respect to reprogramming my mind and body so that I can live off a "normal" amount of calories and adopt a "normal" exercise regime, and not go back to the old "yoyo" fat gain/loss lifestyle. Although the definition of normal is probably more like: "what I can live with" because normal is all relative 8).

It is one day at a time though, I am not finding it all that easy. Just the diet alone is a lot of work. But I think it is going to pay off if I can make progress.
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote