Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Punkin
Stats: 160/95/100
WOE: NK or LC
Fat bomb question

Hi Everyone,

If you have to go a long time between meals and need a fat bomb, what would the ratio of fat/protein/carbs be and what would be the total number of calories in it? I am basically trying to figure out how many grams of fat to put in one and the total number of calories, that would make it possible to say go for 6 - 8 hours between meals.
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Hi Punkin...what I did was total up all the ingredients (since we don't all make the same kind) and then when I make my little "bombs" (I use a silicone brownie/candy form that makes 24 of them about 1 TBSP in size) I see how many I made...usually around 40-44 and then divide the "totals" by the 40-44 number and that gives me each individual one. It takes time to figure it all out the first time, but now I just keep the same number even if I make say 46 or 38....close enough for something 1 TBSP in size for me. Hope that helps.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Hi Punkin...what I did was total up all the ingredients (since we don't all make the same kind) and then when I make my little "bombs" (I use a silicone brownie/candy form that makes 24 of them about 1 TBSP in size) I see how many I made...usually around 40-44 and then divide the "totals" by the 40-44 number and that gives me each individual one. It takes time to figure it all out the first time, but now I just keep the same number even if I make say 46 or 38....close enough for something 1 TBSP in size for me. Hope that helps.
Thanks, I guess what I need to know is how much fat in grams goes in 1 serving. And do you put protein in them, if so how many grams? How long can you go on one bomb?
Old 01-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sunflwrgrl7
Stats: 246/238/170
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: December 3, 2012
Fat bombs

From what I understand - and forgive me, I'm no expert - fat bombs are supposed to be mostly fat with as little protein and carbs as you can. The purpose is to push up the fat end of the ratio without adding much to the protein and carb counts. So, you make your fat bombs whatever size you can (but I feel like being on the small size is probably best, more control), figure out the fat in each and then eat as many as you need to improve your ratios.

It might be more complicated than that, but this is just my understanding.
sunflwrgrl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #5
Avy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avy
Stats: Start 232+/Current 178.6/First Goal 150/Final 140?
WOE: Low carb lifestyle
Start Date: June 1, 2012
that's basically what I do. 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/2 cup natural peanut butter, 2 tbsp cocoa, melt, mix, pour into 8 liners. No sweetener needed for me. I'll also try the same but with butter instead of peanut butter, maybe use a Davincis syrup for flavour and see how those go.
Avy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:51 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everybody that really helps. How long do you find you can go between meals on one bomb?
Old 01-16-2013, 12:06 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MerryKate
Stats: 252/196.5/150
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: April 2011
3-4 hours, if not longer. I use them a lot to fill in my fat at the end of the day, if I'm on the low side.
MerryKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/212/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
I like to keep them in my freezer for night time when I'm still feeling hungry but can't have anymore protein. Two are perfect to keep the hunger monster at bay.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote