Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Bulletproof Coffee

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Hi Mizz, you are correct, we have a quieter than usual thread! Perhaps many are getting the cobwebs out from the holidays or having a late vacation?? I know several at work that take after the holidays trips, cheaper rates! I am not wild about CO oil in anything I drink, coconut cream is another story. I like using the CO refined to saute veggies and chicken, fish. Not so much meat. I keep hoping someone will stick the stuff in a capsule and I can just swallow it.
Gail, you are awesome...losing very quickly. Ah, to live where they churn the Kerrygold...! Wish I could find the different flavors! I always see them when I forget to bring a cooler with me shopping!
Darin, even tough guys fall to some of Tim McGraw's songs. In person, he is such a delight to watch as well! DH and I went to his Houston concert and when he sang the song Live Like You are Dying...I saw tears from DH. We lost a dear friend to colon cancer this summer, and he lived by that his last few years!
Mimosa, sounds like you are on a great starting run!
Cici, I am very interested in your reports, to see how this new tweak works!
Hi Zay! Hope you are doing great in lurkland!

Last edited by SouthernGirl61; 01-08-2013 at 06:04 PM..
Old 01-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Buffy, starting to worry about you! Your headaches and all. Do hope you check in soon?
Old 01-09-2013, 12:16 AM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luigi_uk
WOE: nutritional ketosis-Maintenance
Start Date: Aug 2012
ive had headaches recently which were helped with boulion
Old 01-09-2013, 01:02 AM   #245
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
I second the bouillon, a good bone broth is fantastic and a great remedy for many ailments!

Today is a good day, I've lost a total of 8.8lbs! Like I said, probably the largest part of that is water, but I'll take it! Feeling very good today!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:35 AM   #246
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: butterball
SG 61 sorry to take so long to reply.You've probably forgotten the question by now.
The North Sea (little chuckle) would be very flattered to be called an 'ocean'. Its a narrow sea seperating the UK from mainland Europe and the coast line is low ,mainly marram dune .
Luigi on the other hand may well enjoy cliffs.
Barbara
Old 01-09-2013, 02:39 AM   #247
Junior LCF Member

I got on the scales this morning, I am 1lb up from last week. Boy am i frustrated. I have been eating around 1800 -2000 cals,yesterday looked like this.
cals 1800
153 gms Fat
17.9 gms carbs
92.3 gms protein.
I'm thinking I'm going to slash the protein back by 20gms and also reduce the fat but I'm not sure by how much.If I get hungry I'm defeating the object.
Any suggestions anyone ?
Barbara
Old 01-09-2013, 03:26 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
ct, Swansons has CO in capsules.

Luigi, I had headaces for almost a month when I first started. I read that the brain has to get changing from burning glucose to converting fat to be burned. Something like that.
Low magnesium will also cause headaches. Do you take any Magnesium? If not start slowly.

Where are buffy and becky?
Hope you guys are well.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:41 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheeeesecake
Stats: 218/174.25/154
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Re-start 18 November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Bulletproof Coffee
Thanks Mizz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Gail, you are awesome...losing very quickly. Ah, to live where they churn the Kerrygold...! Wish I could find the different flavors! I always see them when I forget to bring a cooler with me shopping!
I got the garlic and herb butter today! I know what's going on my pork chop later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterball View Post
I got on the scales this morning, I am 1lb up from last week. Boy am i frustrated. I have been eating around 1800 -2000 cals,yesterday looked like this.
cals 1800
153 gms Fat
17.9 gms carbs
92.3 gms protein.
I'm thinking I'm going to slash the protein back by 20gms and also reduce the fat but I'm not sure by how much.If I get hungry I'm defeating the object.
Any suggestions anyone ?
Barbara
I'd lower the protein and up the fat and try to cut the calories a bit over all

No loss this morning after last nights cake and ice cream but no gain either
Old 01-09-2013, 04:04 AM   #250
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeeesecake View Post
I got the garlic and herb butter today! I know what's going on my pork chop later!
I had it yesterday on my steak, and it was delicious!!!! I couldn't make it better myself!
And... it's the only herb butter that I can buy here in Germany premade that does not have a load of crap in it that I cannot pronounce and that is not real food....

Enjoy your pork chop!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:32 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Good morning all! Up a pound this morning from yesterday, but I ate WAY too many calories.. and drank a half a bottle of wine. Oh well!

The good news is, I woke up with that extreme nausea I was dealing with last month, which means I'm in ketosis. I am actually thrilled to have it now that I know I'm not pregnant. Its the ultimate appetite killer.

Way to go Mimosa, 8.8 pounds is wonderful!

I go back to school on Monday and was EXTREMELY bored at home all day. THEN, I discovered Friday Night Lights on Netflix. SO GOOD, SO GOOD. Think I can make it through 70 episodes in 5 days?

Have a good day everyone.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #252
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
cals 1800
153 gms Fat
17.9 gms carbs
92.3 gms protein.
Any suggestions anyone ?
Barbara
Barbara, I can't recall off hand what your stats are. How tall are you and what is your goal weight?
Old 01-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Quote:
Thanks guys! 1.5lb down this morning!!

My daughters birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and I'm not going without cake so I'm off to see if I can find a low carb choc cake recipe!!
Congrats on the loss! And my thoughts will be with you on your dd's birthday. Funny, I was never really a sweets person before LC, but now cake is my nemesis! You'll do the right thing for you, whether you eat a tiny slice of cake or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post

Edison replied, I did not fail 1000 times. I successfully discovered 1000 ways that did not work.
Always loved that quote.

Quote:
Good morning, everyone! The board has been sooo quiet lately.
Haha. I'm still wondering how I'm ever going to manage to keep up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post
I am not a fan of coconut oil per se, I just love what it does to me, so I take its yukkiness for what it is
We are coconut oil twins. If you're not using Nutiva EVCO, I've found the taste of that brand to be tolerable.

Quote:
I will give it a go at some point but I'm a hard sell on movie musicals heh
I never ever thought I'd like Les Mis as the movie musical. Take the leap. You'll thank me!

Quote:
okay I admit it, I might have pulled off the road to hug my gf the first time I heard Tim McGraw and Don't Take the Girl].
Awww. That's so romantic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post
Today is a good day, I've lost a total of 8.8lbs! Like I said, probably the largest part of that is water, but I'll take it! Feeling very good today!
Congratulations to you and all the other recent "losers"!

Quote:
No loss this morning after last nights cake and ice cream but no gain either
Win/win, and I hope you enjoyed that treat big time! Just be careful. I found that eating carbage wasn't really hurting me either. Until it did. Luckily, I caught it super early when I'd only gained a few pounds back.

I really wish I could respond to everyone, but it has taken an hour just to do this much. What with the move coming up in a few days, I'm very pressed for time. But I'm reading whenever I get the chance and always thinking in my heart "I have your back" or "You go, Girl (or Boy!)"

ttys!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:31 AM   #254
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
cals 1800
153 gms Fat
17.9 gms carbs
92.3 gms protein.
Any suggestions anyone ?
Barbara
I looked back at your first post.

You've only been doing NK for 7 days, right?

You weigh weekly? When you were steady for a year were you weighing yourself? Did you ever see a pound or two up and then later a pound or two down?

You have not used a tape measure, right?

Get a tape measure and google on how to measure and where to measure for a female. If 1 pound after 1 week is going to torpedo your efforts so easily then you need to measure yourself so you have some alternative to the scale which can easily hide weight loss with transient water weight.

I'd have to check but I lost something like 4 inches around my belly in 21 days of NK but only a few pounds on the scale. And I bounced up and down a lot. So depending on when I weighed myself I might not have seen any down weight at all.

I used to have the tape measure thing in the intro but it fell off somewhere along the way. I'll put it back in on the next thread because it can be a real sanity saver.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #255
Blabbermouth!!!

Boy if Buffy's headaches are sinus related I bet she is having a tough time with all this rain and the low pressure that brings it on. Wow!! A ton of rain in the metroplex for the last day or so.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Good day, all.

Yesterday went really well until I could not fall asleep. Hungry and cold. Typical DD symptoms. At 2:30 got up and had a whole can of green beans (80cal/14carbs) with butter. Put me over my DD numbers but got to sleep for three hours.

Today (drum roll please) down one pound below my previous low. Yes, folks, that's new numbers.:jumpj oy:
Old 01-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #257
Junior LCF Member

Hi cheesecake ,well I knocked the protein down by 18gms ,carbs up slightly and cals down a bit.Its very difficult when you have only three classes of food to fiddle with. I'll see how it goes.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #258
Junior LCF Member

Hi Red, I'm 5' 4"" now 162 lbs. I put on slightly last week too so it seems to be a trend.
I'm aiming for 147 but I suppose 140 would be nearer the mark.
I believe menopause is putting a spanner in the works .Ive just finished listening to the podcast someone kindly told us about .Dr. Stephen Phinney was asked by I think, three menopausal women why they couldnt lose weight.his take on it was that menopause is an inflamitory state. He seemed to indicate that being in ketosis long enough would likely cure that but he had no real answers and of course we are all individuals.
On a good note I think my body has finally adapted to this WOE ,its taken a year to get past the tiredness, light headedness, heart arythmia etc. Kicking 85% chocolate into the nettles seems to have helped with the last one.I generally feel much better, more endurance.....but fatter !
thanks,
Barbara
thanks , Barbara
Old 01-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #259
Junior LCF Member

Hi red, I might agree with you if,i had not the other night worn boots and some clothes which I hadnt worn for a few months. I was shocked that I could hardly get the boots above my calves and the skirt ?? Thanks God for stretch denim is all I can saY.
I have now gained about three pounds since before Christmas and my clothes are showing the strain.My waist is bigger, my chest is bigger and my calves are bigger. I wouldnt mind but I have become a carb nerd, nothing passes my lips unless its been weighed .
My skin is vastly improved though so if I can just crack this diet I would be a happy bunny.
Barbara
Old 01-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #260
Junior LCF Member

just after Christmas last year I got down to 156lbs , that was my lowest and although Ive been very strict on the carbs since then Ive gradually crept back up again. I am certain that I have not been above 40 gms carbs and more usually under 20 gms fora year now.
thanks ,
Barbara
Old 01-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #261
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi red, I might agree with you if,i had not the other night worn boots and some clothes which I hadnt worn for a few months. I was shocked that I could hardly get the boots above my calves and the skirt ?? Thanks God for stretch denim is all I can saY.
I have now gained about three pounds since before Christmas and my clothes are showing the strain.My waist is bigger, my chest is bigger and my calves are bigger. I wouldnt mind but I have become a carb nerd, nothing passes my lips unless its been weighed .
My skin is vastly improved though so if I can just crack this diet I would be a happy bunny.
Barbara
I see. I carefully reread your first couple of posts. I'd remarked that you were stalled for a year and I confused your reply as a 'yes/correct' when that isn't the case, right?

This is your first week of NK, is that right?

Your weight has been trending up for months? Or steady until when before shooting up?
Old 01-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #262
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quick check in and more to come. Ended up in ER the other night with really high blood pressure, was transported to a bigger sister hospital and just got back home. May have the answer to the headaches, neuro thinks it is occipital neuralgia, not sure if I spelled that wrong and the long period of pain may have caused my BP to spike. BP is still too high but out of danger zone. On pain med therapy so we will see if this all helps. Scared me, I have to admit.

Still on NK

Reading about you all and keeping up, more later
Old 01-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #263
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Dr. Stephen Phinney was asked by I think, three menopausal women why they couldnt lose weight.his take on it was that menopause is an inflamitory state.
I know the podcast you are talking about and I found that response from him to be very interesting too.

I've heard part of what he said by a couple of other experts about how counter-inflammatory LC woe/living is.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #264
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Quick check in and more to come. Ended up in ER the other night with really high blood pressure, was transported to a bigger sister hospital and just got back home. May have the answer to the headaches, neuro thinks it is occipital neuralgia, not sure if I spelled that wrong and the long period of pain may have caused my BP to spike. BP is still too high but out of danger zone. On pain med therapy so we will see if this all helps. Scared me, I have to admit.

Still on NK

Reading about you all and keeping up, more later
Wow Buffy

I googled it. Several ways to treat it so that is good news, if you have to get zapped with something at least it is very treatable.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #265
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
yes Red, several options for that and just hoping that was the reason for the BP to spike. nurses very impressed with my BS readings
Old 01-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry you are having it tough buffy.
Glad that maybe you are getting a diagnosis so you can get on you way to feeling better.
We been missin you!
Feel better soon
Old 01-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

What kinds of sweetners do you guys use? Haven't had any in a long while since that other broke me out so bad.
Does anyone use ezsweet? Does it have an aftertaste. I hate spenda and have tried a few truvias They tasted awful.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Hi to all!
Luigi, I do the same thing with homemade broth...if the head pounds I drink some.
Wow Mimosa, 8.8 is a great thing. No matter if it's water, you aren't carrying it!
Hi Barbara, oh well, my history is not quite so good in that area...many relatives (very long ago) came from that area, some go back and the pics certainly were good; perhaps a bit of deception there! I am not good at the tweaking thing, but I would say stay with anything at least 30 days....to try to find your sweet spot, tweak slowly. some find a bouncing starts until the body gets used to NK. Dr P said that NK cures inflammation and thus meno??? Hummm. I wish something would cure this mess!
Cheryl, for real? CO at Swansons??? My favorite vitamin website, thanks for telling me, I was about to place a new order. Remember the brain uses glucose, it doesn't covert it, but it takes the liver a little while to rev up and do a good job of converting fat/protein to glucose; carbs are too easy. I am wondering about Becky our poster-child! I just got this stuff Z Sweet, it's really good, no after taste at all. Leaf of stevia.
Gail, you are teasing me with the Kerrygold!!! I shall have to make my own and grill a steak!
Hi Mizz! LOL! 70 episodes!? Get started...
Hi Darin! Good point on the time frame and using the tape measure. Many have showed inches gone, when the scale it's there being its snarky self! Rain! Rain! Rain! We are humorless about it, but trying not to complain, we are in the drought status and really need it. But I hate getting wet when I don't want to be!
Deborah, I love it, gonna use it, carbage! How's the light? Hope you have it up and running now!
Cici, funny thing, if I woke up hungry, green beans would not be on my plate. Sounds like you did great! Congrats on the strategy and lower number!
Buffy, great to hear from you. Thank goodness you went to ED, and it's not any of the terrible alternatives.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NKSL55
Stats: 205/185/175
WOE: General LC then NK
Start Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Good morning, everyone! The board has been sooo quiet lately.

My weight held steady at 125.4 this morning. I find I do not lose the morning after I go to the gym and lift, but it could also have been the glass of wine, 1900 calories, or 99g of protein that made me stay the same, LOL!

I can now PROUDLY proclaim I can bench press 20 pounds. Haha, gotta start somewhere, right? Geez, I'm so dainty.

Have a good day!
By "20 pounds", do you mean the bar plus 20, or 20 including the bar? You should count the weight of the bar as well.

--
Phillip
Old 01-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Buffy...so glad you have a diagnosis and are on the mend. We have missed you!

Cheryl...I use EZ Sweets (liquid) and have for a long time. I don't think it has any aftertaste. I didn't care for stevia...tried a few kinds. Hubby broke out in a rash from it (ragweed family?)

Barbara....just so you know, quite a few of us gained the first few weeks and for me, the first 4 months and sort of stalling here, but not giving up.

Hi to the rest of you...hope everyone is doing well.
Closed Thread