Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKSL55 View Post
Hi reddarin,

I tried CO in some broth about an hour my StrongLifts work out today. Similar to Monday's workout but I added a little more and did not drink any HWC+Coke Zero.

The dread I normally feel during my first few sets of squats was gone. I guess it could just be coincidence, but man, I think you are on to something here. My workout went great. Kind of long -- over 3 hours. But I didn't feel tired or demoralized at any point.

Great stuff, I think!

--
Phillip
Phillip....years ago (10?) when I was thin and taking personal training sessions 2 days a week from a magnificent trainer (male), and was "fading" and not doing well, he told me to take a TBSP of CO about 45 minutes before arriving to train. Made all the difference in the world. Even now, when I would meet the ladies in the neighborhood for a 3 mile walk up and over hills, I would take a TBSP of CO and do great....and then...discovered fat bombs. I much prefer those to plain CO! But they do the trick for me and give me good endurance for what I am about to do to my body. Glad it worked for you as well.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Man. This is a very interesting interview of Lierre Keith.

The Vegetarian Myth - YouTube

[edit: Well. heh, there is a lot of class warfare poop and (discredited) over-population rhetoric. Along with some eye brow raising causality statements.]

[edit: and primitive worship lol. It is the whole package.]
She said some interesting stuff about why we need meat and FAT! I want to tell my Vegetarian Sister about this, but it would be useless!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
She said some interesting stuff about why we need meat and FAT! I want to tell my Vegetarian Sister about this, but it would be useless!
Yep, that part is early on which is when I made my initial post. A little bit later it started going down hill lol.

I should have know that would happen from the way the host described her guest and, if nothing else, from the channel the interview was conducted on. It is called Peak whatever as a nod towards that old canard Peak Oil.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #94
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Major Red....can't remember the particulars of that study, but I saw an interview with 2 doctors on it, and it was something to do with the people in the study not being equally healthy, etc. Wish I could remember, but it didn't make sense to me at the time so was sort of half-listening. Did anyone else hear about it. It was majorly skewed and not to be believed was the bottom line.
It doesn't ring a bell Shelley but I have heard something similar about a few different studies.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Yep, that part is early on which is when I made my initial post. A little bit later it started going down hill lol.

I should have know that would happen from the way the host described her guest and, if nothing else, from the channel the interview was conducted on. It is called Peak whatever as a nod towards that old canard Peak Oil.
Hehehe, I know, I wound up x her out after a lil while. She was getting her bad Chi on me.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
HI Friends

Red, WONDERFUL INTRO!!!! If you don't mind, I would like to copy and paste the weight fluctuation infor on the M&E thread. It's very informative and something I think that everyone weighing in daily should know and keep in mind.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! I have very high hopes for this year
I've been doing pretty good at maintaining so far, I've lost a couple extra pounds. I ended up "endulging" in masive amounts of goodies that my stepmom made I tried so hard and then got really stressed out. I did't think that I was an emotional eater, but I guess I am!? She made over 60 different cookies and bars, as well as 6 HUGE cheesecakes, 8 trays of fudge and on and on....
I found myself following JUDDD without realizing it. It worked for maintaining thru all the sugar, but I think it would cause unhealthy eating habits for me.

I would like to maintain with NK, That way I can have my FAT and eat it too
Old 01-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #97
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoangel View Post
HI Friends

Red, WONDERFUL INTRO!!!!
Thanks

Quote:
If you don't mind, I would like to copy and paste the weight fluctuation infor on the M&E thread. It's very informative and something I think that everyone weighing in daily should know and keep in mind.
Sure you bet

Quote:
She made over 60 different cookies and bars, as well as 6 HUGE cheesecakes, 8 trays of fudge and on and on....
This is why I've been emailing my congressman demanding the formation of an LC SWAT Team for emergencies just such as this. We can fund the LC SWAT through sales of Wheat Belly.

There are still some details to take care of.

#1. Ensure that Samuel Jackson and Colin Farrell are not a part of our SWAT Team.

#2. Find out if it is constitutional for my congressman to block my emails.

#3. Convince Dr. Williams that he should donate proceeds from his book.

#4. Photoshop compromising pictures of Dr. Williams based on the assumption that #3 will probably not fly due to the restraining order Dr. Williams has already filed regarding said matter and the author thereof.

Last edited by reddarin; 01-03-2013 at 12:04 PM..
Old 01-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Thanks

Sure you bet

This is why I've been emailing my congressman demanding the formation of an LC SWAT Team for emergencies just such as this. We can fund the LC SWAT through sales of Wheat Belly.

There are still some details to take care of.

#1. Ensure that Samuel Jackson and Colin Farrell are not a part of our SWAT Team.

#2. Find out if it is constitutional for my congressman to block my emails.

#3. Convince Dr. Williams that he should donate proceeds from his book.

#4. Photoshop compromising pictures of Dr. Williams based on the assumption that #2 will probably not fly due to the restraining order Dr. Williams has already filed regarding said matter and the author thereof.
HAHAHAHAAA
You seriously just made my day!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb34
saving my spot... regarding the posts about entitlement and jealousy covetousness and envy, y'all have to read the book "The Narcissism Epidemic:
Living in the Age of Entitlement" by Jean M. Twenge and W. Keith Campbell

that's an eye opener for sure...even babies get in on it wearing their "princess" onesies and so on...very very interesting
Old 01-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #100
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb34 View Post
saving my spot... regarding the posts about entitlement and jealousy covetousness and envy, y'all have to read the book "The Narcissism Epidemic:
Living in the Age of Entitlement" by Jean M. Twenge and W. Keith Campbell

that's an eye opener for sure...even babies get in on it wearing their "princess" onesies and so on...very very interesting
That looks interesting!

Here is a blurb review from the Amazon page:

"The other night, when I was reading Twenge and Campbell's excellent and timely new book, my husband was busy framing a fake Sports Illustrated cover, with a picture of our 7-year old over the caption, "Player of the Year." The Narcissism Epidemic will hew close to the bone, rouse, and provoke many readers as it shines a spotlight on an important -- and highly costly -- trend in our lives. Rooted in hard data and illuminated with revealing anecdotes, stories, and solutions, The Narcissism Epidemic is both a pleasure and an education. But enough about this book. Let's talk about me." -- Sonja Lyubomirsky, Ph.D., author of The How of Happiness: A Scientific Approach to Getting the Life You Want"

lol
Old 01-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
HAHAHAHAAA
You seriously just made my day!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #102
Blabbermouth!!!

It is possible that Alien Ant Farm did a better version of Smooth Criminal than Michael Jackson. That is saying something right there.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #103
Junior LCF Member

Location: I am always mobile. iPad/iPhone and fat fingers. I promise I didn't let my 3 yo type my post :)!
Gallery: Haycyn
Stats: 172/147/122
WOE: VLC/LC 172-150, juddd 150-144/122
Start Date: 09/12
Hi everyone! I am quite confused. 2 threads here recommend different approaches to calories and protein, and both say they are from the same authors. Am I dreaming this?

As for me this was today:

F/P/C
109/76/33grams. Calories 1584
69/22/9%
---I updated this for a last minute medication that was only available in children's firm, w carbs----it was 71/22/7% and 109/76/23grams

Previously, and not losing: a random day, but most are the same:
101/123/7grams. Calories 1481
64/34/2%

5'5
147-149 ish.
Been low carb since Sept.
Been at 150 for nearly 2 months.

Not really sure body fat% but a lot Goal weight? Idk.. 132-137,so 135 . We are on a vacation for another week so I have no scale!

Not sure if it matters but previously I lost 65 pounds, baby wt VLC, pretty low fat- but I lost muscle too. I was all mush :-/. Me and the husband were just discussing it. He went LC w me this go around. I regained it all w my next pregnancy and still have not gotten it off.

Last edited by Haycyn; 01-03-2013 at 05:46 PM..
Old 01-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haycyn View Post
Hi everyone! I am quite confused. 2 threads here recommend different approaches to calories and protein, and both say they are from the same authors. Am I dreaming this?

As for me this was today:

F/P/C
109/76/23grams. Calories 1584
71/22/7%

Previously, and not losing: a random day, but most are the same:
101/123/7grams. Calories 1481
64/34/2%

5'5
147-149 ish.
Been low carb since Sept.
Been at 150 for nearly 2 months.

Not really sure body fat% but a lot Goal weight? Idk.. 132-137,so 135 . We are on a vacation for another week so I have no scale!

Not sure if it matters but previously I lost 65 pounds, baby wt VLC, pretty low fat- but I lost muscle too. I was all mush :-/. Me and the husband were just discussing it. He went LC w me this go around. I regained it all w my next pregnancy and still have not gotten it off.
Hiya
I am not clear on what you are asking us
Old 01-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #105
Junior LCF Member

Location: I am always mobile. iPad/iPhone and fat fingers. I promise I didn't let my 3 yo type my post :)!
Quote:
Hiya
I am not clear on what you are asking us
You are so fast!

This thread January Nutritional Ketosis...Are you in the zone?. Says to limit protein and calories.

I was so confused all day, limit don't limit. I gave up and ate to hunger. But I have been consistently low carb without a change and hoping I can get past that.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #106
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You are so fast!

This thread January Nutritional Ketosis...Are you in the zone?. Says to limit protein and calories.

I was so confused all day, limit don't limit. I gave up and ate to hunger. But I have been consistently low carb without a change and hoping I can get past that.
I knew what thread you were talking about I just wasn't clear on what you are asking of us.

Did you read the intro post to our thread? Calories, protein, fat and carbs are limited the way we approach NK here

Give me a minute to formulate a few questions for you.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #107
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I knew what thread you were talking about I just wasn't clear on what you are asking of us.

Did you read the intro post to our thread? Calories, protein, fat and carbs are limited the way we approach NK here

Give me a minute to formulate a few questions for you.
Yes I am reading the Dec thread now. I was confused because it appeared both threads were quoting the same authors, and I still don't get how two different recommendations have come about... But moving on. Fire those questions!! I'm so excited! Never been around fellow LCers!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You are so fast!

You are within about 10 pounds of goal weight?

What is your frame size? Check the 2nd post for how to determine frame size.

You've lost about 25 pounds? With LC? Your posting profile blurb shows start weight 172 / current weight 147.

You lost that 65 pounds with very low calorie? Or very low carb?

The calories issue can be pretty confusing (and sadly contentious). I wrote about it in the intro to this thread and in the 3rd or 4th post on this thread.

At the risk of further muddying the waters, Phinney is not a big fan of calorie counting. He has said that eating correct protein grams, low total carb grams and fat to satiety is the way to go. You really only need to worry about or mess with calorie counting if you are not seeing results. Even then you can get away without calorie counting by making some simple but conscientious adjustments in fat consumption.

LC in general is only a nitty gritty thing if it has to be because you are not getting results. Right?

But you have been stalled for a couple of months? You lost 25ish and then got stuck?

Did you change anything after losing the first 25 pounds?
Old 01-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #109
Junior LCF Member

You are within about 10 pounds of goal weight?
Yes, sir.

What is your frame size? Check the 2nd post for how to determine frame size.

If memory serves correctly 6.25, and 5'5 so medium. Again, vacation no tape measure here.

You've lost about 25 pounds? With LC? Your posting profile blurb shows start weight 172 / current weight 147. Yes, that's right. I really feel a bit guilty for wanting more.

You lost that 65 pounds with very low calorie? Or very low carb? Both. I ate boiled eggs and turkey bacon. Not a whole lot else and not a lot of that.

The calories issue can be pretty confusing (and sadly contentious). I wrote about it in the intro to this thread and in the 3rd or 4th post on this thread.

At the risk of further muddying the waters, Phinney is not a big fan of calorie counting. He has said that eating correct protein grams, low total carb grams and fat to satiety is the way to go. You really only need to worry about or mess with calorie counting if you are not seeing results. Even then you can get away without calorie counting by making some simple but conscientious adjustments in fat consumption.

LC in general is only a nitty gritty thing if it has to be because you are not getting results. Right?

Yes! And even if I never lost another pound. I'd stay LC. I can move

But you have been stalled for a couple of months? You lost 25ish and then got stuck? Yes. I was racing to 145 by the time my youngest turned 2, Nov 17th, never made it. I bounce 147-149

Did you change anything after losing the first 25 pounds?

I followed an autoimmune protocol. Eliminating nuts and nightshades. Nuts needed to go, but the rest seem to be ok. I suppose I cut out a fair amount vegetables around the time the stall started. On and off of stevia, and my (work) contract ended Dec 7th so in the middle of the stall. I'll keep thinking.

Thank you!!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #110
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yes I am reading the Dec thread now. I was confused because it appeared both threads were quoting the same authors, and I still don't get how two different recommendations have come about... But moving on. Fire those questions!! I'm so excited! Never been around fellow LCers!
That is true that Phinney is an author but there is no mention of that in my intro.

There is a difference of opinion on how to approach NK as a woe. I tried very hard to give a good explanation in the intro post and the first 3 posts on how we approach it here in this thread.

Live is life!

Old 01-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Hi everyone! Very long day, hope everyone had a great day.
Buffy, you are the grandparent I want to be someday!
Deborah, I have heard wonderful reviews on Les Mis...my DD1 was in a production of it during the 8th grade, I sat thru long rehearsals....but really enjoyed it. Now, I need to go back to the theaters! Thanks for the review.
Barbara, where are you over the pond? I love that so many from different places join us here. I love sunrises too, I usually take a break from work to enjoy them, darn clouds this morning, it was just all gray!
Dazy, forgive me for memory issues...your height and other stats escape me. But I am 5'4" on a good day, former 5'5, spine failed me there...I aim for never lower than 1600 calories a day. That is on my routine, and I am one of the worst here to measure. It's hard to have set-fast rules here, as we all would require a complicated test to determine metabolism, and true body fat, etc....so using averages is what we do. I opinion that maintaining LBM is vital. Now, the body being exceptionally tolerate of punishment, will allow us to vary that and adjust. I have basically gone to the meat/egg the past few days, and lost about 2 lbs in that process. Getting rid of the pick up at the holidays. I am fine with limited variety, too busy at work to care about what I am eating for the most part. I supplement with cream cheese, mac nuts if I feel low energy. I am not good at the P/V science here, but have years of experience losing weight! I think it takes at least a week or so to rid the body of the poor choices; maybe longer. I practice eating when hungry. If I crave something sweet or carby, I immediately drink something to see if that fixes it....often it does....if not, I eat a small amount of CC or mac nut or a small amount of protein. Then, I stop and do something else and see if it was enough. Most of the time it is. Reading your body may take time....listen to it, and start simple again. I do not remember if you exercise, I think about it a lot....but mostly I walk a lot, at work, and DH and I take the dogs out afterwork for 30 minutes, before supper (hence dinner for those in other places!). Be patient with yourself, and tracking may help you, I am one to talk on that, but it has worked great for others. Now, about NOT going to a doctor.....make the appointment now. Tell the nurse that you do not wish to be weighed....the main reason for that is if prescriptions are to be given, and likely not in your case. But if you have something that could be dangerous, you will kick yourself for not addressing it. Simply tell the nurse to write that you are deferring it to the next visit. Or find a doc-in-the-box, and they will either re-assure you, or send you to a dermatologist to biopsy it. Self refer to a Derm if you know one.
Becky, you and Buffy are our models here! Congrats, 205 to 158 is such a great accomplishment! I have found the M/E to be very satisfying and no cravings...and limited cooking!!!!
Mizz, we will miss you in Texas! Almost back in school, yes?
Hi Cheryl! Oh my on the CO and heart racing. That happened to me at first.
Darin, you are making me feel better about phone issues! LC Swat Team...that's a mountain to climb!
Shelley, studies are interesting reads....and the first thing I watch is where it is published first. If it is main stream, then there's a lot to find out about it. Who paid for it is another thing. It's alarming how many studies are paid for by pharma and big food! Wonder why they skew them eh? It's usually bottom line....profits. This study was in the Wall Street yesterday, which is fairly credible....but I want to read further. they can skew results with not factoring in all the existing conditions....however, it is the group in the middle...that has shown the best results in the past...but keep in mind, they are talking about overweight...not obese. At this point, we need more information.
Hi Phillip, good report.
Oceana, your step mom must have been trying to keep up with Buffy's toffee making!
Deb, the book sounds like it's timely...wonder if we "older folks" can reverse the current trend of young America?
Hi and Welcome Haycyn! (that was three times to type correctly!!!) Wow, I would say follow what feels comfortable and works for you. NK takes tweaking for everyone. Most of us have had LC stalls to get where we are now. Eating too low can cause a stall, I'm an expert at that one. I eat protein first, to my minimum requirements to protect LBM....then I add fat for fun and a few carbs up to about 20-30, depending on veggies that day. I have severe food allergies, nightshades and nuts, thankfully aren't in that group. Get started and see what works for you.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #112
Blabbermouth!!!

Haycyn, your husband is doing LC with you this time around?

Your wrist size and height puts you on the border of medium and large framed. So you actually could be at about the right weight.

Your calories seem adequate or at least not low enough to be a problem.

Are you making sure that the fats you are eating are mono/sat fats and not high PUFA fats? Like most store bought Mayo is made with soy oil which is high PUFA. No casual carby or high cal snacking that you are not accounting for? Like a handful of nuts or a spoon full of this or that during the day? No noshing on pureed green peas while DS looks on in astonishment? No disagreement that noshing should be spelled with a g as in gnoshing since that is the way I always thought it was spelled?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #113
Blabbermouth!!!

ct I am really liking the 2.7 version of this ROM

2.4 was actually a little bit buggy. I had to enable BT and WiFi in a particular order and I had to make sure my BT headset was off or neither service would work on the phone without rebooting and doing the enabling in the correct order lol. Like standing on one foot and jumping. A serious pain in the butt but I didn't have to mess with it too often.

The guy that built the ROM made some cool changes to the theme and it uses a different launcher too. The Holo launcher I think is what it is.

Amazon's appstore used to be a real pain to get back on the phone when I wipe and install or reinstall a ROM. I have the old apk for their market app so I just do a side-load install and then it prompts to upgrade to the latest version. Easy as pie now. And Google's market is a little bit of a problem too with apps that were installed on phone before wiping but it is much better than it used to be too.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #114
Blabbermouth!!!

By the way, no need to feel guilty about wanting the other 10 pounds! I only asked to be clear about where you were and where you are now not to brow beat ya

I can tell you for certain that I want every ounce of my goal weight lol.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #115
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
That is true that Phinney is an author but there is no mention of that in my intro.

There is a difference of opinion on how to approach NK as a woe. I tried very hard to give a good explanation in the intro post and the first 3 posts on how we approach it here in this thread.

Live is life!

Yes you did a wonderful job of explaining it. I was confused, in that I did not realize that there was a subtype of low carb, until two days ago much less a sub-type to a sub-type- with the same name. I thought *I* was missing something very important. Turns out it is a difference of opinion in how to approach NK.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #116
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Good morning all! Last day here in Austin, I LOVE it here, but after 3 weeks, I need a vacation from vacation. =) The good news is there looks to be PLENTY of accounting positions in the area should my Sailor find an engineering/management position here. Wee!!

Have a good day =)
Hey did ya'll go sight see the Alamo in San Antonio since you were so close by?

If you did, what did ya think? I thought it might as well have been one of the theme areas at Six Flags it was so touristy and artificial looking.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #117
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

Your wrist size and height puts you on the border of medium and large framed. So you actually could be at about the right weight.

Are you making sure that the fats you are eating are mono/sat fats and not high PUFA fats? Like most store bought Mayo is made with soy oil which is high PUFA. No casual carby or high cal snacking that you are not accounting for? Like a handful of nuts or a spoon full of this or that during the day? No noshing on pureed green peas while DS looks on in astonishment? No disagreement that noshing should be spelled with a g as in gnoshing since that is the way I always thought it was spelled?
I am pretty hard core LC. When I cheat, I CHEAT. Like two days ago....yea, that box of cookies.
But it very well could be either of those. I could be adding more than I am thinking, a very little repealed though the day or week.

Let me ask you this: the previous amount of protein I was eating, 120 range: too much?

To eat the 80/15/5, was I supposed to increase the fats, and barely decrease the protein or decrease the protein? Idk, if I am even making sense here.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #118
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

Yes he is! He has lost nearly 40 pounds. I want him to stop losing . See I had tried everything to loose wt the "normal" way. I took my WW logs to the doctor weighed in at 175, and was praying for something to be wrong that they could fix. My BP was 148/98 (I was 29 yo and my 6 wk post delivery BP was 100/58). They checked everything, normal but it was decided the IUD needed to be removed. That was it. They told me to get more sleep. At the same time I was having elevated rheumatoid factors, along with aches, pains, that left me in tears. I had wanted to loose wt normal to teach my children how to eat right. Epic fail. My husband came home, sat me down and said, what do we need to do to get healthy. What works? That was that. It was a cranky two weeks in our house

I try really hard to limit the processed foods here. I do want the kids to see wholesome. I notice a huge difference in my joints when I eat soy and / or nuts. I love almonds though. . I have not found any mayo or dressing that is cream based not from soybean oil, and I'm not a fan enough to make my own. I eat perhaps 3 tblspoons a week of mayo.

I think I may be trading bad habits. Like one week I may eat more sauces, the next maybe a bit too many carbs, the next....
Old 01-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #119
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I am pretty hard core LC. When I cheat, I CHEAT. Like two days ago....yea, that box of cookies.
But it very well could be either of those. I could be adding more than I am thinking, a very little repealed though the day or week.

Let me ask you this: the previous amount of protein I was eating, 120 range: too much?

To eat the 80/15/5, was I supposed to increase the fats, and barely decrease the protein or decrease the protein? Idk, if I am even making sense here.
120g sounds a little bit high. It puts you at about 1.8g/kg. Is that high enough to stall you? Possibly. Phinney remarked that 1.5 to 2.0 was an acceptable range for protein.

No. 80/15/5 is purely nominal. Establish your correct protein grams. Eat that much protein or as close to it as you can every day. Eat 50g or less total carbs a day - as low as needed depending on how sensitive you are to carbs. Eat fat to satiety or to your calorie goal depending on how you are proceeding. Your macros will typically result in 65-85/15-30/5ish. But calorie consumption greatly affects how macro ratios look.

I'll say this about that sort of cheating. You cannot become keto-adapted doing that. That simply means that you will not maintain a constant range of blood ketones. It doesn't mean that you cannot lose weight with that sort of cheating. There are a bazillion anecdotal stories that support successful losses doing that.

But if you are stuck you probably need to add some attention to detail in that area.

The cool news is that you know that you can do that and maintain a stable weight which is no small thing
Old 01-04-2013, 04:21 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RavenG
Stats: 305/184.6/160 or 28/10/8 - Whichever Comes First!
WOE: Atkins/Primal/Paleo
Start Date: June 2006
Good Morning All!

New low 186.6! I'm not really sure what happened but I'll take it. I think for the month of December I lost a total of .2 lbs. I seem to hit a new low and then bounce back and forth between it for a couple of weeks and then lose again to a new low....rinse and repeat. I did start adding coconut oil to my coffee yesterday morning since I wasn't really getting enough fat otherwise....haven't had the time to make more fat bombs and the coconut oil was easier. I also switched back to my autoimmune protocol Paleo about a week ago....I had been trying to add things back in but was having issues with everything I tried to add back in except the nightshades (tomatoes and peppers). I'll keep the tomatoes and peppers but I'm going to have to stay away from the dairy, eggs, nuts and seeds.
Closed Thread