Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #661
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post

You have never heard of Big Red???

I'm not sure what that flavor is reminiscent of. Sort of like cream soda but different.

Awesome if you take a 10oz bottle (from 30 years ago) and pour some peanuts down into it. Mmmm mmmm.

we used to do that with coke, never heard of Big Red except for the gum.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #662
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
The eggs my Daycare family brings have that wondeful golden yolk.
They are so good. I never got to tried them boiled, they got gone to quick.
I wondered if they would be messy. My DC kids raised Ducks one time A parent showed up with 6 and said here, do this with the kids
They were the nastiest things I have ever seen. My dog killed one so I had to rig up a lil fence. in my play yard. Duck crap was everywhere. Plus it was 100 degrees. They started falling over from the heat and I had to bring them inside. (they were very small then)
Ducks are NASTY!
Of course hen would be different if I wanted them and was prepared for them.
lol
Old 01-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #663
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
lol
I shoulda ate them
But after that I think I could never eat duck, I can still smell the poop.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #664
Blabbermouth!!!

Does anyone else watch Castle?

I really like Nathan Fillion from Serenity and Firefly. What a great movie! And the tv series was really good too.

When the show came out 4 or 5 years ago I chose not to watch it because it is so easy to get hooked on shows and then never want to miss an episode. I'd rather mess around on the computer than watch TV anyway.

I just started watching it online and I am up to episode 5 on the first season. Love the character he is playing and the whole cast seems to be great.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #665
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NKSL55
Stats: 205/185/175
WOE: General LC then NK
Start Date: Feb 2012
Quote:

I really like Nathan Fillion from Serenity and Firefly. What a great movie! And the tv series was really good too.

When the show came out 4 or 5 years ago I chose not to watch it because it is so easy to get hooked on shows and then never want to miss an episode. I'd rather mess around on the computer than watch TV anyway.

I just started watching it online and I am up to episode 5 on the first season. Love the character he is playing and the whole cast seems to be great.

Yes, I have watched them all. First couple of seasons were very good. Not Firefly good, but extremely entertaining. The show continued to be good, but has started to get a little stale the last couple of seasons. Not bad, just a little played-out.

Have you seen Doctor Horrible's Sing Along Blog? Classic Nathan Fillion. I watched the episodes as they were released on the web. Landmark for Joss Whedon. But also for his brothers and Marrisa Tancheroen. Then, when the DVD came out, it had one commentary track that was a musical itself. Sublime.

--
Phillip
Old 01-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #666
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
I like driving my truck (but I'll never buy another Ford truck again) and I like SUVs but for paint care OMG!!! they suck lol.

If I do the works on my truck, it is a full size extended cab, it takes 4 or 5 hours at least by hand and at least 3 hours using a polisher. Wash, wax, windows, door jambs, interior, wheels. But it looks amazing when I put that kind of effort into it.

Here is a cool NSV story...

Let me preface this by saying that although I consider myself to be an enthusiast there are long stretches were I don't mess with keeping up the paint. Primarily because I do not have a good area to work on it (shaded paved whatever).

About 6 months before I got my truck, I started taking care of my small car's paint. When I got the truck I discovered that I couldn't clean the *%@$ front windshield completely because I couldn't quite reach the very center at the top or bottom while standing in the door.

For a car care enthusiast that is very annoying. I found that they make a step you can place on the tire but I never did get one. I might still get one because it is no doubt fantastically convenient. Anyway.

I got to 205 in February 2012 so it wasn't until late March or early April before I did a full detail on the truck.

What I discovered was..... I could reach the entire windshield standing in the exact same spot as before.

I was looking around wildly for someone to tell lol. No one was there. Probably for the best.
That's a good story! All that wiping and cleaning stuff sound like "exercise" to me....a twofer!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #667
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
Hi, all. I'm new here but I'm pretty well caught up on this month's posts. I feel like I'm getting to know you! I hope it's ok to jump in.

I know keeping carbs to 20 and protein to 75ish worked for me in the past, weight-loss wise. But for some reason I haven't been able to get into it this time. I do two days and then I start eating cheese (and then it goes downhill from there. I stay low-carb, but definitely not NK). It's frustrating because when I stick to it I feel much better than when I get off track.

Here's my plan: I wrote up a meal plan that fits my macros. I'm going to pretty much eat the same thing for the next seven days. I really think if I can do that I'll break through and it will be easier after that.

B: bacon, egg, spinach, butter, mont jack
L: fat shake
S: if needed, 1/2 cup sour cream with Torani syrup
D: 4 oz meat, greens, salad with dressing

I bought a blender bottle to put my smoothie in, so I can take it to work if needed. I plan to check in here every day, just to report that I'm on plan.

Here's to 7 days! Thanks for being such a great, supportive group!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:29 AM   #668
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnem2000 View Post
Hi, all. I'm new here but I'm pretty well caught up on this month's posts. I feel like I'm getting to know you! I hope it's ok to jump in.

I know keeping carbs to 20 and protein to 75ish worked for me in the past, weight-loss wise. But for some reason I haven't been able to get into it this time. I do two days and then I start eating cheese (and then it goes downhill from there. I stay low-carb, but definitely not NK). It's frustrating because when I stick to it I feel much better than when I get off track.

Here's my plan: I wrote up a meal plan that fits my macros. I'm going to pretty much eat the same thing for the next seven days. I really think if I can do that I'll break through and it will be easier after that.

I bought a blender bottle to put my smoothie in, so I can take it to work if needed. I plan to check in here every day, just to report that I'm on plan.

Glad you joined in.
I think it helps to post my numbers.
Your fat shake looks intersting, what do you put in it?
Old 01-25-2013, 03:43 AM   #669
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Morning all, down 2 pounds from yesterday. Wine ALWAYS gets the scale moving in the right direction.

Yes, I know its probably because I'm dehydrated, but I am not questioning it.

Cooking some tuna steaks on the grill tonight. Does anyone have any good marinade/baste suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:31 AM   #670
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Morning all, down 2 pounds from yesterday. Wine ALWAYS gets the scale moving in the right direction.

Yes, I know its probably because I'm dehydrated, but I am not questioning it.
Congrats!!!

Quote:
Cooking some tuna steaks on the grill tonight. Does anyone have any good marinade/baste suggestions? Thanks!
I do not. My last attempt at tuna steaks resulted in a cease and desist order from Starkist.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #671
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Hi Yvonnem2000 and welcome to our thread

Your menu looks good. Can sour cream and syrup be good??? heh What flavors do you use? Do you just eat it off the spoon? What is in your fat shake?

Your profile blurb says:

"WOE: NK: Protein 75g, net carbs 20g daily"

NK is total carbs not net carbs.

I don't want to bum you out but it is worth noting that a whole lot of people find the last few pounds a real challenge.

In that light there are a couple of things to consider. Dr. Phinney said (on the Long Term Stalls podcast) that sometimes the woe isn't the problem the goal is the problem. Perhaps 140ish is the right weight for your body?

Are you exercising? Is it resistance?

I am a firm believer in zero exercise weight loss. However, I do believe that for body sculpting you have to exercise and I also think that the last little bit of weight often falls into the category of body sculpting. With that in mind, you might look into some non-intensive weight training to build muscle mass. The added muscle mass can help burn up the last extra body fat. But beware of non-resistance type workouts because you end up with a lower resting metabolism than not exercising at all.

Falling off plan with cheese binging is interesting. What calorie level are you at? If you are starving your body (even if you don't 'feel' hungry) you will be more likely to compulsively eat off plan. Low calorie also trips cortisol release which inhibits fat loss.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:59 AM   #672
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
That's a good story! All that wiping and cleaning stuff sound like "exercise" to me....a twofer!
Imma tell you what! It is hard work detailing a vehicle by hand if you do the whole thing (interior, exterior, wheels).
Old 01-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #673
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb34
Quote:

Red, I've never watched TV online. Can you tell me where to find the missed episodes of Elementary from CBS, I think? I'm a Jonny Lee Miller Fan regardless what anybody else thinks and I always seem to miss the Thursday 10:00 slot.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:06 AM   #674
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Hiya and welcome! you realize that when you dangle a carrot like "fat shake" to NK'ers, you are obliged to post the recipe right?
Old 01-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #675
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKSL55 View Post
Yes, I have watched them all. First couple of seasons were very good. Not Firefly good, but extremely entertaining. The show continued to be good, but has started to get a little stale the last couple of seasons. Not bad, just a little played-out.

Have you seen Doctor Horrible's Sing Along Blog? Classic Nathan Fillion. I watched the episodes as they were released on the web. Landmark for Joss Whedon. But also for his brothers and Marrisa Tancheroen. Then, when the DVD came out, it had one commentary track that was a musical itself. Sublime.

--
Phillip
What a shame but I can see how that would happen.

I've never heard of Dr. H. But with Whedon and Nathan Fillion and Felicia Day it has got to be excellent

I'm not very familiar with NP Harris. I never did watch that tv show when he was a child actor and I haven't seen much else that he has been in.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #676
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb34 View Post
Red, I've never watched TV online. Can you tell me where to find the missed episodes of Elementary from CBS, I think? I'm a Jonny Lee Miller Fan regardless what anybody else thinks and I always seem to miss the Thursday 10:00 slot.
Is it good?

I watched part of the pilot. It was a bit strange because they took the Doyle character and some of his foibles and plopped them into modern day America.

What struck me was having him be a recovering addict. Why mention the heroin addiction at all?

It reminded me of a movie that was made some years ago about the Hound of Baskerville story. The blurb said 'an exciting retelling of the story' or something like that. Well, the retelling was to cast Sherlock as a man so devoid of morals as to casually and knowingly allow an innocent to needlessly die while on the case. The true hero, in that movie, was Watson. Sherlock was busy shooting up in the bathroom.

I imagine that if Sir Authur Conan Doyle were still alive he'd beat the tar out of the idiot that wrote the screenplay.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:14 AM   #677
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Apparently, Elementary will see Johnny Lee Miller’s Holmes – breathe easy, everybody, he’s still English – as a former consultant to Scotland Yard whose drug addiction brings him to a rehabilitation center in NYC. Post-rehab, Holmes moves in with a “sober companion” in Brooklyn, Joan Watson, a “former surgeon who lost her medical license after a patient died while consulting with the NYPD.”
Hopefully I won't get dinged for posting the above quote about the series but this is the premise of the show. I like it, I didn't expect to because not even JLM can save everything but I think the dialogue is fast paced and JLM brings a really intense energy to the roll, and LL as Watson is a good foil for that intensity, not like some lovesick bimbo emoting and drooling all over him, she can show calm collectedness whatever craziness Holmes is going on about.

Anyway, I'm not really a good analyst but it's JMO.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:33 AM   #678
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb34 View Post
Hopefully I won't get dinged for posting the above quote about the series but this is the premise of the show. I like it, I didn't expect to because not even JLM can save everything but I think the dialogue is fast paced and JLM brings a really intense energy to the roll, and LL as Watson is a good foil for that intensity, not like some lovesick bimbo emoting and drooling all over him, she can show calm collectedness whatever craziness Holmes is going on about.

Anyway, I'm not really a good analyst but it's JMO.
It is hard to go wrong with a Sherlock character. I loved Monk the first few seasons. Then Tony Shalhoub over did it with drugs. The series really suffered because his acting was terrible for a while.

That scene with the snakes Larry Moe and Curly. Larry. Moe. ... where is Curly.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #679
Major LCF Poster!

Noon on Friday and I am off for the weekend.
We got a good dusting of snow and everyone picked up.
They had tiome to eat up the salmon cakes I made first though.
Who would of tought I would have all these 3 and 4 yr olds lovin salmon?
Old 01-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #680
Blabbermouth!!!

I believe it Cheryl. They all eat mac and cheese which is gross.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #681
Senior LCF Member

hey! I love mac and cheese! The homemade oooeey gooeey stuff with 5 different cheeses, but I have foresworn it. I still love it though

and I hate salmon anything...at 40+ I still can't make myself eat it even though its good for you.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #682
Senior LCF Member

Deb, sub in broccoli for the macaroni and you've got a HFLC dish. Thats what I do and it is still just as amazing. Macaroni is just a vehicle for the cheese anyway.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #683
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I believe it Cheryl. They all eat mac and cheese which is gross.
OMGAWD, Everyday
"Pweezse, Pweeeze, Pweeeezsssse, can we have mac and cheeezzzeee."
Geezze, can you get sick of mac and cheese already.
You are so right, darrin. They would eat it everyday.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #684
Major LCF Poster!

Good thing they all left when they did. We got almost an inch of solid ice. Been sleeting heavy for 2.5 hours.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #685
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Deb, sub in broccoli for the macaroni and you've got a HFLC dish. Thats what I do and it is still just as amazing. Macaroni is just a vehicle for the cheese anyway.
what a great idea! When I do broccoli, its usually just the standard cheese sauce, but to make it like mac and cheese with all the good stuff. Brilliant
Old 01-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #686
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
OMGAWD, Everyday
"Pweezse, Pweeeze, Pweeeezsssse, can we have mac and cheeezzzeee."
Geezze, can you get sick of mac and cheese already.
You are so right, darrin. They would eat it everyday.
lol

My xGF's daughter was gonna babysit a child she hadn't met before and they realized they didn't have anything he might eat. Then Jess lit up and said 'Oh! I'll just make mac and cheese.' I said, 'what if he doesn't like mac and cheese' she laughed and said all kids love mac and cheese. heh
Old 01-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #687
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
Clueless, I definitely benefit from seeing your daily numbers post. Thank you.

I got the term fat shake from Peter Attia. But it's not really his recipe. I don't like protein powder. So it's more of an egg cream, but not with coffee. Basic recipe: 1/2 cup HWC, frozen in ice cube trays; 1 cup almond milk (I freeze half of it in ice cube trays, too); 2 eggs; Torani syrup or sweetener with cinnamon or cocoa or whatever flavoring you want. Blend. After I pour it in the glass, I'll stir in some flax. Endless possibilities.

Reddarrin, thank you. Excellent points all the way around. I'm a personal trainer, so I do exercise, including moderate resistance training. That's also why I need to lose a few pounds - my belly and my uniform do not go well together right now. (I haven't figured out how to do smilies yet. I'm sure it's not hard, but...) Eventually I may have to accept this size, but I'm not ready to give up yet. As far as the cheese binge, I think it's a post-JUDDD reaction. I mean, it's always been easy for me to overeat cheese, but I got into a "Eat it all now because I can't tomorrow!" habit, and I'm hoping this week will be a physical and mental reset. Thanks for the reminder about the net vs total. My meal plan this week totals about 30g, so we'll see if I need to lower that. And yes, I'll eat sour cream like yogurt, with sweetener or syrup. I got that idea in the Main Carb Lobby i think, but I've never admitted it to anybody before!

So, today's report: on track. I didn't need my snack, but I did allow myself to lick the beaters and bowl when I made whipcream with cream cheese for DS.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #688
Major LCF Poster!

Dang it I typed up all my stuff and lost it some how.
Here we go again

Calories 1642
Fat 131 71%
Protein 98 24%
Carbs 22 5%
Old 01-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #689
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Clueless, I definitely benefit from seeing your daily numbers post. Thank you.

I got the term fat shake from Peter Attia. But it's not really his recipe. I don't like protein powder. So it's more of an egg cream, but not with coffee. Basic recipe: 1/2 cup HWC, frozen in ice cube trays; 1 cup almond milk (I freeze half of it in ice cube trays, too); 2 eggs; Torani syrup or sweetener with cinnamon or cocoa or whatever flavoring you want. Blend. After I pour it in the glass, I'll stir in some flax. Endless possibilities.

Reddarrin, thank you. Excellent points all the way around. I'm a personal trainer, so I do exercise, including moderate resistance training. That's also why I need to lose a few pounds - my belly and my uniform do not go well together right now. (I haven't figured out how to do smilies yet. I'm sure it's not hard, but...) Eventually I may have to accept this size, but I'm not ready to give up yet. As far as the cheese binge, I think it's a post-JUDDD reaction. I mean, it's always been easy for me to overeat cheese, but I got into a "Eat it all now because I can't tomorrow!" habit, and I'm hoping this week will be a physical and mental reset. Thanks for the reminder about the net vs total. My meal plan this week totals about 30g, so we'll see if I need to lower that. And yes, I'll eat sour cream like yogurt, with sweetener or syrup. I got that idea in the Main Carb Lobby i think, but I've never admitted it to anybody before!

So, today's report: on track. I didn't need my snack, but I did allow myself to lick the beaters and bowl when I made whipcream with cream cheese for DS.
Thanks for sharing the fat shake. How does it taste?
Every time I have tried to replace a meal with a shake I end up overeating. I miss chewing. I gave up gum a few months ago. It was a sad day I still miss it.
I am scared to try the Torieni sweetners, I tried one sweetner and broke out for a month.
I do love 90% cocoa bars.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:25 AM   #690
Senior LCF Member

I never thought I'd see the day where 1 oz of mixed cashews and almonds and 23g of cheddar cheese for breakfast would leave me feeling comfortably satiated and satisfied. Ketosis is a wonderful thing.
Closed Thread