Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 05:45 AM   #601
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: butterball
thats good to hear mizzcase.thats what I'm going now, I hope it works as well for me as it has for you.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2013, 06:34 AM   #602
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
I'm so happy I made.my goal!,!155.2 now I can go to puerto Rioc and get y'all those robes!! O no I can't get robes they might put me in jail then I would have to eat that yucky food..but I will take pic, of me and send them to you!!
Eggs eggs eggs,when I eat them I lose more weight,funny...
Old 01-23-2013, 06:34 AM   #603
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
[QUOTE=mizzcase;16213583]What? Ketchup with eggs is the best!! It is actually something I lust for when I'm eating low carb, and the sugar free ketchup just doesn't do it for me. I was born and raised in NJ right outside of Philly and this is how everyone I knew ate their eggs- family, friends, etc. I didn't know it was a Southern thing, figured it was a Northeast thing. In Savannah, people cringe when they see me eating ketchup on eggs.

LOLFOTF! Well Mizz, my Grandmother was a southern girl, my grandfather from the northeast, and he tried it a few times. To my knowledge of my upbringing, this was not a southern thing. My DH is from the north, straight up from Texas, and he gets slightly green when the waitress offers ketchup for anything but french fries!

I think I read somewhere that its good to really dilute ACV with water because it does a number on your tooth enamel.

I avoid letting it come near my teeth, then drink the water fast, and swish around water to clean teeth. But we drink lemon, lime in beverages as well, so I always swish after those drinks too.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:36 AM   #604
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
I'm so happy I made.my goal!,!155.2 now I can go to puerto Rioc and get y'all those robes!! O no I can't get robes they might put me in jail then I would have to eat that yucky food..but I will take pic, of me and send them to you!!
We knew you would Becky!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:13 AM   #605
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Thanks Red, Downloaded and ready to listen to it in the am. Now, any ideas on slipping slippin 9 fish oil caps into someones food without them knowing .
In other News, my DH gets crabby when it's cold.
In other news, ITS COLD!!!
heh

DH: Alright honey, you are going have to quit cooking with CO. It is weird but everything is starting to taste like fish to me.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:15 AM   #606
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Geez my dog is acting so weird. She whined half the nite and kept us up. Now she is crawling under my feet every second. Stuck to me like glue. And I kept her up almost all day so I know she has to be tired. The neighbors dog is doing weird stuff too.
I do not want to scare you but the fact of the matter is that dogs are very sensitive to alien monsters and terminators. Have you ever seen a movie where the dog didn't know what was going on first???
Old 01-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #607
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Ketchup with eggs always made me look the other way! My grandmother would not allow anyone to put it on foods she cooked! Tomato preserves....forgot about those. We would take that stuff, put it on a biscuit, then melt cheese on top!
He put ketchup on everything. There were few meals that we didn't have the ketchup bottle on the table. He put it on Jack-in-the-Box tacos one time but I think it was more of a ticked off at having JB tacos for dinner protest move than a taste good move lol. I tell you what though, a bowl of pinto beans with a good amount of ketchup stirred up in it is so tasty.

Tomato preserves. He had to talk us kids into trying it. Really convince us it was good. Then he was annoyed cause a jar of it wouldn't last long in the house lol. One year we made a huge batch cause Granny and Grandpa had a bumper crop of tomatoes in their backyard garden. It had to cure for a few days to develop its wonderful flavor but it was heaven.

Speaking of gardens, has anyone done the above ground version? I have been thinking about it for several years.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #608
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
In Savannah, people cringe when they see me eating ketchup on eggs.
People all across the nation cringe

Quote:
Good morning everyone, 127.8 this morning, so -2 from 2 days ago. Had a small .4 bump up yesterday, but it was probably due to too much protein. I think I found my sweet spot-- btw 58-65 protein grams. Referred back to the beginning of December when I lost about 10 pounds in 5 or so days, and regardless of calories or salt intake, as long as I was eating in that range and keeping carbs below 20 net, I was dropping weight quickly. So happy, I feel like something finally clicked.
Congrats!!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:24 AM   #609
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Send us pics of you in the robe in jail. Try to make the frowny Mr. Becky in the background out of focus so we don't feel bad for him

Congrats on hitting your vacation goal Becky!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:31 AM   #610
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Good morning everyone, 127.8 this morning, so -2 from 2 days ago. Had a small .4 bump up yesterday, but it was probably due to too much protein. I think I found my sweet spot-- btw 58-65 protein grams. Referred back to the beginning of December when I lost about 10 pounds in 5 or so days, and regardless of calories or salt intake, as long as I was eating in that range and keeping carbs below 20 net, I was dropping weight quickly. So happy, I feel like something finally clicked.
may i ask what a menu looks like for you eating with those amounts?
Old 01-23-2013, 07:39 AM   #611
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
heh

DH: Alright honey, you are going have to quit cooking with CO. It is weird but everything is starting to taste like fish to me.
Quote:
I do not want to scare you but the fact of the matter is that dogs are very sensitive to alien monsters and terminators. Have you ever seen a movie where the dog didn't know what was going on first???
Old 01-23-2013, 08:06 AM   #612
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Awesome job, Becky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
may i ask what a menu looks like for you eating with those amounts?
Sure. I do try to eat high fat/low protein all day as I don't know when the Sailor will want to go out to dinner.. I find whenever I go out to eat, I end up eating HIGH PROTEIN. An 8 oz burger with cheese ends up being 2/3 my daily protein, ya know?

This was yesterdays menu:

B: coffee w/ 1T HWC, 1 egg +2 yolk fried in .5T butter w/ slice smoked provolone
S: 1 oz macadamia nuts
L: greens w/ 1T EVOO, roasted red peppers, 1/2 cup goat cheese, 1 sunny side up egg on top
S: .5 oz cashews, .5 oz almonds
D: 1 cup Taco Soup

This day was 62g protein and about 1450 calories.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #613
Blabbermouth!!!

There is a directors cut of Fat Head that has come out with a Follow Up video that Tom Naughton has made available on youtube! hitsalot posted about it in the main lobby.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #614
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
So happy for you!!! Great job!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #615
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Thanks Buffy hope you are feeling better
Old 01-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #616
Big Yapper!!!!

As soon as I get the energy, I am going to post my October lab results along side my labs that were taken in the hospital. In Oct. my cholesterol was 232 or so and my endocrinologist prescribed lipitor (which I never filled) and nurse was insistent that I take it b/c of my diabetes. One of the things I did was to increase the already large amount of fish oil that I was taking daily. That plus all the fat I was eating on this WOE. Anyway, my lab from the hospital showed 177. I will post the other things when I can. Cardiologist said no lipitor needed!

There are fish oils that are flavored with lemon or orange that you can take as a liquid. I know it sounds bad but they aren't that bad and it is the easiest way to get more down than taking so many of those large capsules.

As of this morning, my scales moved down another lb. I haven't been concerned about weight loss since I became sick, but except for a day and 1/2 in the hospital have been LC. I am not in ketosis yet from that period and am eating a few more carbs since coming home in the form of berries, some taco soup a friend brought, etc. I don't feel like doing the cooking that it sometimes takes to keep the carbs really low. And, I am weak from the adjusting of the BP so thought maybe a few more carbs might help that a little. My goal right now is to not gain and not slip back into carb land.

When I am sick, my go to comfort food has always been toast with sugar and cinnamon or just butter on it. I sure would like to have some of that but have refrained.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:59 AM   #617
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
She is still acting weird!
Don't know about the neighbor's dog today. She is like 15 or 17 years old. She does the same thing everyday. Yesterday she came and laid in my back yard. She has never done that. I thought she was dying but she seemed fine. We checked on her several times. Then Chillie (MY Dog) is still acting crazy. I started looking for zombies!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #618
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Speaking of gardens, has anyone done the above ground version? I have been thinking about it for several years.
Are you talking about raised beds? or is something new I need to investigate?

Quote:
There is a directors cut of Fat Head that has come out with a Follow Up video that Tom Naughton has made available on youtube! hitsalot posted about it in the main lobby.

Fat Head Followup - YouTube
Thanks, can't wait to watch this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
As soon as I get the energy, I am going to post my October lab results along side my labs that were taken in the hospital. In Oct. my cholesterol was 232 or so and my endocrinologist prescribed lipitor (which I never filled) and nurse was insistent that I take it b/c of my diabetes. One of the things I did was to increase the already large amount of fish oil that I was taking daily. That plus all the fat I was eating on this WOE. Anyway, my lab from the hospital showed 177. I will post the other things when I can. Cardiologist said no lipitor needed!

There are fish oils that are flavored with lemon or orange that you can take as a liquid. I know it sounds bad but they aren't that bad and it is the easiest way to get more down than taking so many of those large capsules.

As of this morning, my scales moved down another lb. I haven't been concerned about weight loss since I became sick, but except for a day and 1/2 in the hospital have been LC. I am not in ketosis yet from that period and am eating a few more carbs since coming home in the form of berries, some taco soup a friend brought, etc. I don't feel like doing the cooking that it sometimes takes to keep the carbs really low. And, I am weak from the adjusting of the BP so thought maybe a few more carbs might help that a little. My goal right now is to not gain and not slip back into carb land.

When I am sick, my go to comfort food has always been toast with sugar and cinnamon or just butter on it. I sure would like to have some of that but have refrained.
Buffy that is so awesome about your labs!!
You and becky can be spokeswomen for a new cholesterol drug that works, well not a drug, FAT!
Hope you get ta feeling better.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #619
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
As soon as I get the energy,
Hi Buffy! Welcome back It sounds like you are feeling a lot better!

That is great news about the statins and the doc

Congrats on the loss too!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #620
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
She is still acting weird!
Don't know about the neighbor's dog today. She is like 15 or 17 years old. She does the same thing everyday. Yesterday she came and laid in my back yard. She has never done that. I thought she was dying but she seemed fine. We checked on her several times. Then Chillie (MY Dog) is still acting crazy. I started looking for zombies!
lol

Mom's dog, she is 10 or so, is so scared of the rain. When it clouds over she starts shadowing whoever is around. Her litter-mate brother is the same way but he is worse cause loud noises scare him so the 4th of July is a problem for him. My dog is skittish, because he was a stray I guess, but noises and rain don't usually bother him.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #621
Big Yapper!!!!

Glad I sound like I am feeling a lot better. Afraid the only change is that with BP down I don't have the pounding headache. I am very weak but am sure that will improve daily.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #622
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Glad I sound like I am feeling a lot better. Afraid the only change is that with BP down I don't have the pounding headache. I am very weak but am sure that will improve daily.
You aren't feeling any better?

Call one of the kids and bug them till you are feeling better
Old 01-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #623
Major LCF Poster!

Man I really wanna raise some chickens. One of my daycare kids raised some last spring and he would bring me the best eggs I have ever eaten. All other eggs pale in comparison.
I just watched the fathead follow up and that made me want some chickens even worse.
I have enough land to raise some, but the neighborhood I live in has a family of redneck, wife/husband beaten, fussin, cussin people. This family has 8 to dogs and they roam free. Their dogs are raised to be mean. Plus I have a dog with some terrier in her and she loves killin birds.
I have been hesitant because of this.
I am gonna have to do some researchin and see if I can't sweet talk my hubby into helpin me with some kinda fence.
Have any of you all raised chickens?
My daycare family loved it but they are down to 1 chicken left.
Hawks, dogs, foxes something got theirs.

Last edited by Clueless; 01-23-2013 at 11:49 AM..
Old 01-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #624
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Buffy, wonder if the new medications are the reason you are weak? the few times I have taken meds, especially BP med I had no energy. Felt like a zombie.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #625
Blabbermouth!!!

My brother raised chickens for a while. I dunno how many cause I never saw went by his place when he was doing that but he had more eggs that he could get rid of.

I never did eat any of the first dozen he gave me and refused all further gifts. Why? Well, he told me "don't worry if there is a little blood in the egg. It is okay". lol that was all she wrote for ol' Darin.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #626
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
My brother raised chickens for a while. I dunno how many cause I never saw went by his place when he was doing that but he had more eggs that he could get rid of.

I never did eat any of the first dozen he gave me and refused all further gifts. Why? Well, he told me "don't worry if there is a little blood in the egg. It is okay". lol that was all she wrote for ol' Darin.
Some of um had little red specks in the egg. It was no big deal. It was best to break them all seperate cause occasionally you would get a bad egg. But man they taste so good and are way good for you. Every week they would bring me 2 dozen and the daycare kids would beg to have them for lunch. They only had 5 chickens and had more eggs then they could give away.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #627
Major LCF Poster!

We thought about raising rabbits but decided the kids couldn't handle eating them.
My husband is a Cana boy so he has raised Hogs and rabbits chickens and all that.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #628
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: butterball
Hi Clueless, I've just bought the timber for a chook hous e the other day.Just as soon as its made I'm having some hens. We are going to build a wire run too but an elctric fence is a must for foxes. It might a good deterrant for your neighbour's dogs.....or even the neighbours.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #629
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NKSL55
Stats: 205/185/175
WOE: General LC then NK
Start Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Fat Head Followup - YouTube
Yeah, I probably need to read the whole Wheat Belly book, but I am not buying that there is something different about the grain from dwarf wheat that is to blame for all the problems caused by eating wheat.

If there is though, that is something that can be fixed while maintaining high yields. It could even be done fairly quickly using GMO tech -- because that technology can be used to bring in single genes (in this case I think the gene is dw3) without also bringing in a bunch of other undesirable traits.

--
Phillip
Old 01-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #630
Blabbermouth!!!

I may give fresh eggs another whirl. I live out in the boonies so it is silly not to take advantage of the situation.

Dr. Gundry impressed me with his emphatic zealotry about free range eggs.
Closed Thread