Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #421
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
my husband had been told about Chantix. that stuff had some pretty awful side effects. Bernsy, Did you have any side effects. I read that some people commit suicide while taking Chantix. My neighbor used it and said she had the most horrible nightmares, but that she didn't want to smoke while on it. Then a while later she started back smoking.
DH decided not to try it.
He had awful nightmares while using the nicotine patches as well. He didn't have bad cravings at first on the patch but later on as he used lower dosages he did. After stopping the patch he was right where red was. Awful craving. He was a different person when he didn't smoke. (grouchy)
I can only add that this drug should not be on the market in my opinion...it is dangerous. There are a very few that have been symptom-free and successful, but in addition to the clinical trials, I have two friends who came dangerous close with clinical depression and one nearly acted out a nightmare.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb34 View Post
Well i've stopped in to provide a wee update. My medical tests all came back "within normal ranges" except for the celiac test which hasn't come back yet.

SOOOOoo, I'm self-treating as if I have adrenal weakness, thyroid issues and diagnosed ovarian issues which I've had for almost 20 years.

Surprisingly, I'm doing pretty well at this self treatment thing.

I'm going to write down what I take, how much and when I take it as a reminder to myself if I for some reason stop.

Get Up: Take 12.5 mg of Pregnenolone,
- 1000 mg L-Lysine for Exfoliative Cheilitis(chronic peeling lips)
-1 tsp Cod Liver Oil eqivalent in capsules (4)
1 tsp Celtic sea salt with water
- warm water with 2 tbsp of ACV +1/4 tsp baking soda(keeps my blood pressure down

Breakfast: Decaf Coffee with 2 tbsp unflavoured gelatin powder, HWC, sweetener, 2 tbsp of Nutiva Coconut Oil
1 Dessicated Liver tablet
1000 mg Vitamin C capsule
4000 IU Vit D3
5 mg Vit K2
whatever food I'm eating

Lunch: Decaf Coffee with 2 tbsp unflavoured gelatin powder HWC, sweetener, 2 tbsp of Nutiva Coconut Oil
1 tsp Cod Liver Oil eqivalent in capsules (4)
1 Dessicated Liver tablet
1000 mg Vitamin C capsule

Dinner: Spearmint Tea with 2 tbsp of Nutiva Coconut Oil
2 dessicated liver tablets
last food of the day

9-10:30 pm - Either hot water with heaping tbsp Natural Calm Magnesium and a 99 mg Potassium tablet or warm water with 2 tbsp of ACV +1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt and warm water
12.5 mg Pregnenolone- this suppresses nighttime cortisol
12.5 mg Iodoral (1 tablet) I take at night so the Vitamin C doesn't interfere with the Iodine.
1000 mg L-Lysine
I've slept really well(for me for the last several days with this regimen, and have been getting back to NK for 3 days now.

Last night I slept like a stone and my 4:30 pee break was a real chore to wake up enough to walk to the bathroom. I was still mostly asleep I'm sure and I fell back to sleep instantly when I hit the bed. I barely moved all night and almost slept in which is unheard of for me! I've never in my life needed an alarm but today I had to be woken by a family member or I would have kept on sleeping! Unbelievable.

Has anyone read the book "Eat Fat Lose Fat" by Mary Enig and Sally Fallon? Great book, I highly recommend it.

I borrowed it from the library because I wanted to see what is said about health benefits of Coconut Oil by Mary Enig since she is a Fats expert. What I didn't expect was the synergy to be had between CO and CLO(cod liver oil). I had no intention believing or agreeing to any benefits to CLO because I don't eat fish/seafood or their other by-products of oils/roe etc. I can't tolerate the taste or smell so I just don't go there. However, the book is a must read for anyone wanting to see the syergistic effects of these oils. Not Fish Oil and CO but specifically CLO and CO. Seem to have amazing benefits.

I put myself on Phase One of the "diet" it's their calorie restricted food plan. I know, but don't yell at me yet for going to the darkside of calorie restriction.
Get this: the calories are restricted to 2500 calories a day! That's right, 2500 calories! They have a more severe restriction but the lowest they recommend for anybody to eat is 2000 calories a day. The 2500 calories is their Quick and Easy weight loss section, they also have the Health Recovery section where more emphasis is put on using the Superfoods like CO and CLO plus others to heal damaged body systems like adrenals, IR etc. I'm using some of amounts of the supplements in the recovery program along with the calorie level of the Phase One of the Weight loss program.

So for the last 3 days, I've made sure that my fats go first namely the CO and CLO. Then I make my food with whatever extra fats I like, I use cultured unsalted butter or lard(non-hydrogenated).

Today is the 3rd day of doing this and I feel much less brain fog, I'm not freezing after eating mostly fat and protein like I have every other time I've done LC and I dropped .5 lbs overnight!

I think the 3 major keys for me are

Sex Hormone control aka Pregnenolone morning and night, along with sea salt

Thyroid hormone support aka Iodoral and supporting supplements

the fats- CO(6 tbsp/day) and CLO(2 tsp/day) combination- I hate the CLO because of the fish burps but I can live with them if they fulfill their promise.

Hopefully, some of this may be useful or interesting to someone who may be in a similar situation.
Wow Deb. Keep us updated on this routine. Have not read that book, but may pick it up.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #423
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post

I don't care for smoke smell at all, but the smell of a cigar brings back the memories of my wonderful Grandpa! He lived to be 103.
103!!!!! Wow...I've never known of anyone that lived beyond their 90's in my lifetime (other than on TV and in the news). That's darned impressive! What did Grandpa eat???
Old 01-17-2013, 11:51 PM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: unna
Stats: 230/155-160/tone
WOE: Primal LCHF
Start Date: January 2012
SouthernGirl61: This works for me with the cod liver oil taste and burps:

1. Take on an empty stomach first thing in the morning (if I take it after I've eaten, it makes me feel burpy).
2. Salty pickles! I take a swig of salty pickle juice immediately after the CLO. Then I take a breath and eat a pickle. It is the only I've found that really gets rid of the taste completely - and the pickles are fermented, so another health benefit.

If I do these two things, I neither burp nor taste it.

I accidentally bought a very expensive bottle of high quality cod liver oil that wasn't fermented. It is clear and has an orange flavor. It doesn't make me burp at all, and the taste doesn't even make me quiver. It seems to be working to help my mood just as good as the fermented CLO, so I decided to use the bottle up.

My only concern about your meal plan is the amount of Vitamin A. You should choose either liver or cod liver oil for the day. (I haven't looked at all the posts here... maybe you are carefully measuring your Vitamin A everyday. If so, then disregard this comment)

Just curious, What is the the synergy between CO and CLO(cod liver oil)? I've never heard that before..... am interested to know what the book says....
Old 01-18-2013, 04:16 AM   #425
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Well My weight is creeping up a tad seems. I am at 160 for a couple days in a row.
I tried adding a bit of fruit over the weekend thinking I would still keep my carbs below 50. Seems that cause me to eat more. I had a kiwi on saturday and a few strawberries Sunday.
I have been exercising too and I always gain weight when I exercise. But I was up to 162.5 Monday. That is higher than I got over Christmas and Thanksgiving, while eating a few things that had more carbs (still not over 50 a day I think) and drinking wine.
So I am trying to go back to only induction foods. I had lost my appetite before but it has been back this week. I think fruit is gonna be a nono for me.

I finally ordered the new atkins book so I can't wait for it to get here. I checked out Atkins for life from the library but it is not very good or helpful. I think it was written in 2003 so I guess it is one of those not really written by Atkins.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:20 AM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I can only add that this drug should not be on the market in my opinion...it is dangerous. There are a very few that have been symptom-free and successful, but in addition to the clinical trials, I have two friends who came dangerous close with clinical depression and one nearly acted out a nightmare.
I agree. I wouldn't want to anything that couls change me like that. That is scary. Did the person you know return to normal after stopping the drug? I wonder how long the depression lasted after stopping Chantix? It can take a long time to get some drugs outta your system and in some cases (like the statins my Mom were on) The damage can be very severe and sometimes permanant.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:59 AM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

we were supposed to get 3 to 5 inches of snow but we got zip zilch zero snow.
Now school is called off and guess where the kiddies go
LOL
Snow day with no snow
Old 01-18-2013, 06:31 AM   #428
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Hi All,

As you may know, I have been gone all week because I moved on Monday. That was exciting. The number on my scale today is not.

Thought I had this so under control. Well, turns out I don't. We moved into a new house on Monday and I've been eating carb convenience foods every single day, sometimes more than once a day. My stats are embarrassing considering what they were at the beginning of the week.

I know ALL of this weight gained is not fat, but no matter. And I know myself; I can and will get disciplined and lose it again fairly quickly. Still, can't believe I let myself fail like this for an entire week.

Thanks for listening to me vent. Glad there are people I can reach out to who understand.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:44 AM   #429
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
Hi All,

As you may know, I have been gone all week because I moved on Monday. That was exciting. The number on my scale today is not.

Thought I had this so under control. Well, turns out I don't. We moved into a new house on Monday and I've been eating carb convenience foods every single day, sometimes more than once a day. My stats are embarrassing considering what they were at the beginning of the week.

I know ALL of this weight gained is not fat, but no matter. And I know myself; I can and will get disciplined and lose it again fairly quickly. Still, can't believe I let myself fail like this for an entire week.

Thanks for listening to me vent. Glad there are people I can reach out to who understand.
Welcome to your new home Deborah! Are the kids excited? Everyone get the room they wanted?

Unless you were really overeating calorie-wise rather than just carbing out a bit it is almost all water weight. But you were a little underweight still when that move kicked off weren't you?

Don't beat yourself up too much over it. Moving is stressful so chances are you would have gained some anyway which means the relative gain isn't very much. If you need someone to punch on you mentally I can give you my sister in law's email - she is a peach.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:47 AM   #430
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I don't care for smoke smell at all, but the smell of a cigar brings back the memories of my wonderful Grandpa! He lived to be 103.
heh

My family history on my father's side is a bit cloudy. Mom's side of the fence has some long lived women though. The men folk not so much.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:47 AM   #431
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl how long was your husband not smoking?
Old 01-18-2013, 07:13 AM   #432
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Well i've stopped in to provide a wee update. My medical tests all came back "within normal ranges" except for the celiac test which hasn't come back yet.
That is terrific news! Congrats on the positive results!

Quote:
Has anyone read the book "Eat Fat Lose Fat" by Mary Enig and Sally Fallon? Great book, I highly recommend it.

I borrowed it from the library because I wanted to see what is said about health benefits of Coconut Oil by Mary Enig since she is a Fats expert. What I didn't expect was the synergy to be had between CO and CLO(cod liver oil). I had no intention believing or agreeing to any benefits to CLO because I don't eat fish/seafood or their other by-products of oils/roe etc. I can't tolerate the taste or smell so I just don't go there. However, the book is a must read for anyone wanting to see the syergistic effects of these oils. Not Fish Oil and CO but specifically CLO and CO. Seem to have amazing benefits.
I just put it in my basket at Amazon to remind me to get it later. I have a bit of a backlog on books to read right now. Does anyone else read more than one book at a time? I don't do it too often because it is a challenge to keep things straight. But somehow I've ended up with about 4 books on the burner at one time. One about liberty and tyranny, one about how pay is determined in the job market, a long long Sherlock Holmes book (kindle), and one of the Aubrey/Maturin books for the umpteenth time.

Isn't CLO available in a gel pill form? Do the authors mention it? Do they recommend a particular brand/kind?

Quote:
I put myself on Phase One of the "diet" it's their calorie restricted food plan. I know, but don't yell at me yet for going to the darkside of calorie restriction.
lol *This* thread may be the only one where you won't get browbeaten for that sort of heresy

Quote:
Get this: the calories are restricted to 2500 calories a day! That's right, 2500 calories! They have a more severe restriction but the lowest they recommend for anybody to eat is 2000 calories a day. The 2500 calories is their Quick and Easy weight loss section, they also have the Health Recovery section where more emphasis is put on using the Superfoods like CO and CLO plus others to heal damaged body systems like adrenals, IR etc. I'm using some of amounts of the supplements in the recovery program along with the calorie level of the Phase One of the Weight loss program.
You can't see it in this smiley face but there is a smugness about it

Quote:
So for the last 3 days, I've made sure that my fats go first namely the CO and CLO. Then I make my food with whatever extra fats I like, I use cultured unsalted butter or lard(non-hydrogenated).

Today is the 3rd day of doing this and I feel much less brain fog, I'm not freezing after eating mostly fat and protein like I have every other time I've done LC and I dropped .5 lbs overnight!
Awesome!

Quote:
the fats- CO(6 tbsp/day) and CLO(2 tsp/day) combination- I hate the CLO because of the fish burps but I can live with them if they fulfill their promise.

Hopefully, some of this may be useful or interesting to someone who may be in a similar situation.
Are you weighing or measuring the CO? Solid or liquid?

Excellent information and thanks for posting it Deb.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:17 AM   #433
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unna View Post

1. Take on an empty stomach first thing in the morning (if I take it after I've eaten, it makes me feel burpy).
2. Salty pickles! I take a swig of salty pickle juice immediately after the CLO. Then I take a breath and eat a pickle. It is the only I've found that really gets rid of the taste completely - and the pickles are fermented, so another health benefit.

I accidentally bought a very expensive bottle of high quality cod liver oil that wasn't fermented. It is clear and has an orange flavor. It doesn't make me burp at all, and the taste doesn't even make me quiver. It seems to be working to help my mood just as good as the fermented CLO, so I decided to use the bottle up.

My only concern about your meal plan is the amount of Vitamin A. You should choose either liver or cod liver oil for the day. (I haven't looked at all the posts here... maybe you are carefully measuring your Vitamin A everyday. If so, then disregard this comment)

Just curious, What is the the synergy between CO and CLO(cod liver oil)? I've never heard that before..... am interested to know what the book says....
Thanks so much for this tip Unna!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #434
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Well My weight is creeping up a tad seems. I am at 160 for a couple days in a row.
I tried adding a bit of fruit over the weekend thinking I would still keep my carbs below 50. Seems that cause me to eat more. I had a kiwi on saturday and a few strawberries Sunday.
I have been exercising too and I always gain weight when I exercise. But I was up to 162.5 Monday. That is higher than I got over Christmas and Thanksgiving, while eating a few things that had more carbs (still not over 50 a day I think) and drinking wine.
So I am trying to go back to only induction foods. I had lost my appetite before but it has been back this week. I think fruit is gonna be a nono for me.

I finally ordered the new atkins book so I can't wait for it to get here. I checked out Atkins for life from the library but it is not very good or helpful. I think it was written in 2003 so I guess it is one of those not really written by Atkins.
How are you doing on calories Cheryl?

I always think of fruit as modern day sugar bombs. Takes a lot of the attractiveness out of eating them heh

Which book?
Old 01-18-2013, 07:54 AM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bernsy
WOE: Atkins/Gary Taubes
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Hi Bernsy

It is funny you mention it because I was thinking about it yesterday when I threw in the towel.

I didn't google it but don't those drugs deal with the physical addiction and not the mental addiction?

Thanks for the support
Hi Red,

It blocks the receptors in the brain, pleasure centre (or center for those south of Toronto) lol. It actually 'flicks a switch' in your brain and a short while after starting the program the smell becomes vile and you realize that you just don't want it. I get cravings still, I don't think that ever goes away. The side effects can be pretty bad but everybody is different. I found that I couldn't deal with the nauseau after a while and had to cut the dosage to one pill per day instead of two. That lengthened the program for me but it did the trick.

Something to think about!!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #436
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bernsy
WOE: Atkins/Gary Taubes
Quote:
my husband had been told about Chantix. that stuff had some pretty awful side effects. Bernsy, Did you have any side effects. I read that some people commit suicide while taking Chantix. My neighbor used it and said she had the most horrible nightmares, but that she didn't want to smoke while on it. Then a while later she started back smoking.
DH decided not to try it.
He had awful nightmares while using the nicotine patches as well. He didn't have bad cravings at first on the patch but later on as he used lower dosages he did. After stopping the patch he was right where red was. Awful craving. He was a different person when he didn't smoke. (grouchy)
Hi Clueless

When my doctor was writing the Rx for me to fill, I told him that I was concerned about the awful side effects I had read/heard about. He said that he was more concerned with the one BIG side effect if I continued to smoke - being death.

I didn't have the bad dreams but I suffered terribly with nauseau and I wasn't totally myself. I had to cut the dosage in half and take just one pill per day instead of two. Once I finished the program (normally 12 weeks) I continued with one pill of the lowest dose for a while.

The patch worked for a while for me years ago but eventually I went back to cigarettes. Chantix actually blocks the receptors in the brain and flicks a switch. The smell of smoke becomes just vile. You still have to WANT to quit and change your routine, for a while at least ...
Old 01-18-2013, 08:11 AM   #437
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb34
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Hi Deb...just curious if you have been tested for thyroid antibodies????
Shelley; my doctor doesn't believe that I have any thyroid issues at all. She would only do the Free T3 and T4 tests and that's only because I pushed her pretty hard on it. I'm pretty sure I've never been tested for thyroid antibodies, I'm also sure that the doc would never give me a requisition for it either. Even though I have history on both sides of parental families, she believes my problems are emotional not phyisical. She told me at my phyisical that if I quit my job, my I wouldn't have health issues. I was not impressed and almost asked her if she would pay my mortgage so I wouldn't have to work...

that's why I've decided to go my own way with this...
Old 01-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
I'm moving right along Monday I was 164 today 158.2 not bad my lowest was 158.6..leave for purtio Rico in10 days would love to see 155..we got 10.5 in of snow here in 6 hours looks very pretty!!how much did you get Cheryl ?

Last edited by portcop01; 01-18-2013 at 08:14 AM..
Old 01-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #439
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unna View Post

Sorry Unna, that was my really long post that Southerngirl was quoting. Interesting on the flavoured CLO but I take the capsules because I can't bear to have that nasty oil in my mouth at all.

Regarding the liver, I only take the tablets not actual organ meat as I can't bear that either.

I could quote why I feel its not much of an issue on the Vitamin A thing but not sure if we can quote from outside sources at on on this site. If anybody knows about that can you let me know?

BTW, how do y'all do that multi-quote thing?

Last edited by Deb34; 01-18-2013 at 09:00 AM..
Old 01-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #440
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
I'm moving right along Monday I was 164 today 158.2 not bad my lowest was 158.6..leave for purtio Rico in10 days would love to see 155..we got 10.5 in of snow here in 6 hours looks very pretty!!how much did you get Cheryl ?
I hope you get to 155 but your consolation prize is not too shabby - a trip to Puerto Rico

That is a lot of snow heh. We got about .3 inches here last week. Well, it was mostly sleet.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #441
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I could quote why I feel its not much of an issue on the Vitamin A thing but not sure if we can quote from outside sources at on on this site. If anybody knows about that can you let me know?
The best way to do it is to give a google search phrase for it and where it should be on the list of results returned.

Like - "google 'moore magnesium morley llvlc 602' and it should be the first hit".

There are a few sites that directly compete with LCF's benefactors so even an indirect reference is not allowed. If that is the case then you'll get the 'waiting for moderator approval' message.

Quote:
BTW, how do y'all do that multi-quote thing?
On my attached screen shot, that middle icon is the way to do multi-quotes for several posts at once. Click it for the different posts and then click the 'quote' icon for the last post and you'll have all of those posts in your new post.

You can also break up a single long post the way I did for yours. Like so:
  • When you quote a post it has the quote=name;numbers. Copy that with the brackets.
  • Right before the spot where you want to insert your comments you put a [ /quote ] (remove spaces)
  • Paste in the quote=name;numbers with brackets to start the next part. Rinse repeat.
Attached Images
File Type: png MultiQuote.png (7.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png MutliQuote2.png (1.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: png MutliQuote3.png (869 Bytes, 88 views)

Last edited by reddarin; 01-18-2013 at 09:27 AM..
Old 01-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #442
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That is terrific news! Congrats on the positive results!
thanks!

Quote:
I just put it in my basket at Amazon to remind me to get it later. I have a bit of a backlog on books to read right now. Does anyone else read more than one book at a time? I don't do it too often because it is a challenge to keep things straight. But somehow I've ended up with about 4 books on the burner at one time. One about liberty and tyranny, one about how pay is determined in the job market, a long long Sherlock Holmes book (kindle), and one of the Aubrey/Maturin books for the umpteenth time.
I always have several books and movies on the go at the same time...I was raised a bookwork so I prefer books to movies.

Quote:
Isn't CLO available in a gel pill form? Do the authors mention it? Do they recommend a particular brand/kind?
I'm using the Costco Kirkland Signature CLO 20 MINIMs gelcaps- whatever that means. They are the only ones I can get at a brick & mortar with any appreciable Vitamin A & D.
Quote:
lol *This* thread may be the only one where you won't get browbeaten for that sort of heresy
I browbeat somebody who came in here and was advocating calorie restriction so I felt a little funny that I'm following the " 2500 calorie restriction" level myself. However, the person I griped about was talking about the low 1000's as a good level for fat loss.
Quote:
You can't see it in this smiley face but there is a smugness about it
I feel smug too but honestly, I'm struggling a bit to get that high in calories. With the CO and CLO to be taken before food, I often find just a little bit of my prepared food is enough to completely stuff me! I've decided to take a one scoop protein drink along with my meal to make sure i don't drop too low on protein. It's much easier for me to drink my protein than to eat the large amounts of solids. I'm aiming for 90gms Protein a day and 30gm at each meal is a lot of food to me! Generally I'm still full from the previous meal.
Quote:
Awesome!
Unfortunately, I bumped up 1.5 pounds this am. I think I am retaining some water. Maybe I need more Magnesium and potassium...
Quote:
Are you weighing or measuring the CO? Solid or liquid?
I'm scooping out 1/4 cup solid into a container and dividing it in half for lunch and breakfast. 2 more measured tbsp before dinner.
Its too cold here even at room temperature to measure it liquid. Inside our place its 20 degree C (is that around 68F?) so the CO is always solid. Feels like -16 C outside today (3F?)
Quote:
Excellent information and thanks for posting it Deb.
you're welcome, I feel good if I can contribute something worthwhile to the thread instead of just taking.

Whew! It took me a while but i figured out the multiquote thing...Thanks Darin for that post. I'm going to save that because no doubt I will forget it.

So here's how to find the info I was reading re: Vitamin A recommendations: Google "cod-liver-oil-basics-and-recommendations" and it should be the first hit.

at the bottom of that document, it says that for people dealing with disease conditions, up to 90,000IU per day for several weeks is ok- as long as your are getting enough natural Vitamin D3 to work along with it.

Last edited by Deb34; 01-18-2013 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: additional info
Old 01-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #443
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Shelley; my doctor doesn't believe that I have any thyroid issues at all. She would only do the Free T3 and T4 tests and that's only because I pushed her pretty hard on it. I'm pretty sure I've never been tested for thyroid antibodies, I'm also sure that the doc would never give me a requisition for it either. Even though I have history on both sides of parental families, she believes my problems are emotional not phyisical. She told me at my phyisical that if I quit my job, my I wouldn't have health issues. I was not impressed and almost asked her if she would pay my mortgage so I wouldn't have to work...

that's why I've decided to go my own way with this...
Hi Deb...sorry about the doc, but the reason I asked is that you are taking iodoral as I recall...that's "iodine" and if you have antibodies you do NOT want to be taking iodine. If you are in the USA and can get yourself tested for antibodies through healtcheckusa, then you will know. Most women do have hashimotos (meaning you have the antibodies -- I don't though) and that means iodine is a no no per those "in the know".

I also have had to do my own research, testing, etc. Been at it for many years. Love your comment about having the doc pay your mortgage so you don't have to work that stressful job. Bet she had no comeback for that one!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Becky Great job getting the weight back off. We got NO snow!
It was awful. The kids are heart broken. Everywhere around us got snow but the foothills were insulated by the Mountains and we didn't get any at my house.

Red, I bought the New Atkins for a new you, Westman, Phinney and Volek.
It came today, I wanna read but I got these kids. I am takiing a lil sneak break while they rest a minute, but they won't lay down for long cause they all slept late and got here late.

My husband quit smoking for 3 to 4 months. He was off the patch a month or so I think.

Bernsy, I am glad the Chantix worked for you.
As far as my calories I have been around 2000 most days but on the days I ate fruit I am sure it was higher because I was hungrier. Today my appetite is getting back under control.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #445
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl, had to comment on the "fruit" thing....and we both bumped up in weight and are about the same weight so I love reading your posts to see what you are up to.

I have been avoiding taking supplements from a company I am part of for the facial stuff. The "upline" head gave me 3 packets of their super duper antioxidant to try. I've had them a month (they are liquid) and special super fruits (that I've never heard of!!!), so this morning I opened one and drank it, knowing it was "fruit juice" and 6 carbs. Well, within 15 minutes my vision started having mirages and white lines and I could not focus. Have only had that happen once with bad adrenals. So, I drank a bunch of water. I also got out the glucose meter to see what it would say. 135! Yikes! I was not feeling well with the bad vision so I drank lots of water and it took 30 minutes before the normal vision returned. Major wake-up call for me consuming fruit juices, even only about 2 TBSP that was in the little packet! Scary.

Glad you got all the books...and sorry the kiddies have no snow to make a snowman.... you could send them to my house...we have plenty! ha ha
Old 01-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #446
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Cheryl, had to comment on the "fruit" thing....and we both bumped up in weight and are about the same weight so I love reading your posts to see what you are up to.

I have been avoiding taking supplements from a company I am part of for the facial stuff. The "upline" head gave me 3 packets of their super duper antioxidant to try. I've had them a month (they are liquid) and special super fruits (that I've never heard of!!!), so this morning I opened one and drank it, knowing it was "fruit juice" and 6 carbs. Well, within 15 minutes my vision started having mirages and white lines and I could not focus. Have only had that happen once with bad adrenals. So, I drank a bunch of water. I also got out the glucose meter to see what it would say. 135! Yikes! I was not feeling well with the bad vision so I drank lots of water and it took 30 minutes before the normal vision returned. Major wake-up call for me consuming fruit juices, even only about 2 TBSP that was in the little packet! Scary.

Glad you got all the books...and sorry the kiddies have no snow to make a snowman.... you could send them to my house...we have plenty! ha ha
Sorry that stuff made you feel so bad.
I am interested in the bad vision you have? Could you explain what it is like. I had these vision issues when something is off with me. I always chalked them up to some kind of migraine that doesn't really hurt.
Shelley aren't you the one that told me about the homepathic remedy for the fly?
I am trying it out right now. Came down with some symptoms yesterday and started taking it right away. Already think I am getting better.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #447
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NKSL55
Stats: 205/185/175
WOE: General LC then NK
Start Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
May I ask, were you ever a drinking man? I believe you'd have fit in very well with a particular circle of friends I used to drink with years ago.

I'd characterize the issue as more fuzzy in nature than mere habit. But that makes me question why I was unable or unwilling to clear the fog away to address the real problem. There are a lot of moving parts I think. It reminds me of something but I cannot get the idea to gel in my mind.

No, no plan really. I haven't done cold turkey since 1988 or so. Well, loosely my plan was to agonize through the physical symptoms and be all better thereafter. We might term it the Let Them Eat Cake Plan.

heh a heck of a lot of money.
I would say that I am a "sitting around and talking" man but imbibing is not really my thing.

I brought up the money as a basis for your purchasing the book to help quit smoking. All that money you saved, you could spend a little on that book. Considering you made it 3 months white knuckling it, with a little expert help you might be able to go the distance.

Or you could just get back into NK and deal with the smoking another time, of course.

--
Phillip
Old 01-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #448
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sorry that stuff made you feel so bad.
I am interested in the bad vision you have? Could you explain what it is like. I had these vision issues when something is off with me. I always chalked them up to some kind of migraine that doesn't really hurt.
Shelley aren't you the one that told me about the homepathic remedy for the fly?
I am trying it out right now. Came down with some symptoms yesterday and started taking it right away. Already think I am getting better.
I'll do my best to explain. I was fine one minute and then noticed that I couldn't focus...took off my glasses and it was obviously worse so put them back on...cleaned them...then realized it was getting worse...it was like a "mirage" was through the vision...where there are "wavy" lines.... say you are looking at a row of shelves....the horizontal shelves would be "wiggling". And then there would literally be "lightening streaks" that were permanent. They weren't flashing at all, but just "segments" of white lines that were jagged. No headache. I don't do headaches!!!!

I have already consumed a cup of coffee with HWC in it, so I had FAT in my system before drinking the little packet.

Yes, I probably did tell you about my favorite homeopathic remedy. I buy boxes of it and at the first inkling of anyhting "off", I take a container of it. Oscillococcinum....fabulous stuff, but I use it for "flu" and not "fly"!

So happy it worked for you. I swear by the stuff!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #449
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm trying to hang in there with Jericho. The first few episodes were really good. Great mysteries running through the sub-plots.

But getting through Crossroads is proving to be a real chore.

I'm not convinced that 3 petite ladies who haven't shown themselves to be serious drinkers could get through a big bottle of scotch. Even with the help of the guy that is in there.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #450
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'll do my best to explain. I was fine one minute and then noticed that I couldn't focus...took off my glasses and it was obviously worse so put them back on...cleaned them...then realized it was getting worse...it was like a "mirage" was through the vision...where there are "wavy" lines.... say you are looking at a row of shelves....the horizontal shelves would be "wiggling". And then there would literally be "lightening streaks" that were permanent. They weren't flashing at all, but just "segments" of white lines that were jagged. No headache. I don't do headaches!!!!

I have already consumed a cup of coffee with HWC in it, so I had FAT in my system before drinking the little packet.

Yes, I probably did tell you about my favorite homeopathic remedy. I buy boxes of it and at the first inkling of anyhting "off", I take a container of it. Oscillococcinum....fabulous stuff, but I use it for "flu" and not "fly"!

So happy it worked for you. I swear by the stuff!
Fly oops.

Ths OC stuff is helping but I am feeling pretty bad now. But i was a long rough day.

I get vizual disturbances alot like that but without the flashes of light.
Sometimes I get a headache afterward.
Closed Thread