Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: solarpluvia
Stats: 220/169/140 5'5" 37yo
WOE: HFLC
Start Date: 3 July 2011
Darrin, thanks for talking about Justified, I don't have a tv so I'd never heard of it, but it sounds great so I'm getting the DVD from the library. I'm hoping it will help soothe my disappointment in Leverage being cancelled.

I love the conversation here, even if I don't chime in very often. Thank you everyone for the inspiration.

Buffy, I'm glad to hear that you're doing better. Sounds like it was very scary.

I started out at a 24w and now am in a size 12 for the first time in at least 15 years. Last time I was at this weight in 2001, I was much bulkier. I kept the largest pair of pants, which were tight on me when I wore them, and when I need a bit of cheer I put them on to remind myself of how far I've come.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpluvia View Post
Darrin, thanks for talking about Justified, I don't have a tv so I'd never heard of it, but it sounds great so I'm getting the DVD from the library. I'm hoping it will help soothe my disappointment in Leverage being cancelled.

I love the conversation here, even if I don't chime in very often. Thank you everyone for the inspiration.

Buffy, I'm glad to hear that you're doing better. Sounds like it was very scary.

I started out at a 24w and now am in a size 12 for the first time in at least 15 years. Last time I was at this weight in 2001, I was much bulkier. I kept the largest pair of pants, which were tight on me when I wore them, and when I need a bit of cheer I put them on to remind myself of how far I've come.
Wow!! Your doing awesome!

Wish I was moving along that well.
Congratulations!
There is great conversation here.
I was a size 24 in 2001
Thanks for your inspiration!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Reddarin:[
And that Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack??? The whole album is awesome!

The movie was fantastic, the soundtrack was wonderful too! We all catch it when it comes on now and then. DDs have the soundtrack too!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Clothings size is a huge motivator
I tried on one of my daughters bathing suits this am. (a modest one with a skirt)
I needed some motivations and that sure made me smile. It was a little tight but looked ok. It is 2 sizes smaller than the one I wore last year.
Now Cheryl, that is a priceless moment! Gotta love when a swim suit fits! Congrats!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenG View Post
Good Morning Everyone! Still here...still hanging in

Darrin - You guys are getting a cold snap, here in PA it's supposed to be close to 60 today....but will get colder as the week progresses.

Still hanging out at my pre-new low weight....definitely seems a pattern but it doesn't bother me as much since I connected the dots and can see the pattern.....although I did fit into some size 8 jeans yesterday.....started several months ago in 16's so I'll take that!
Wow, congrats Raven! Y'all can take this cold stuff back! Whew, too much for me. Yesterday it was 73, today 43!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Clothing size is so much better to judge where you want to be. In fact, in thinking about a goal, I am thinking more along a clothing size than a weight number.

After 3 days of 800 mg of advil, 3 times per day, I have to move down to 400 twice a day so it won't hurt my stomach. I gradually made the switch yesterday by just doing 800 twice a day, then going to do 400 twice today. Woke up with the headache back . I will see my Dr. tomorrow and find out how much tylenol or whatever I can take with the advil to help me make it through the 2 weeks until I see the neurosurgeon again. The advil is for the inflamation as much as the pain. BP 153/103 this morning which isn't too bad, it has been going up and down during the day/evening. Whine, whine
Buffy, thank goodness you can get to your doc Monday!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Welcome and delurk more often. Justified is one of the best shows ever, IMHO. New Season just started last week. It really is one of those you need to start from the beginning to understand all the relationships. I have never LOL as much as with this show, Darin is right, even when they aren't trying to be funny. Great stress relief!
Wow, you have done fantastic! Keep it up, or rather, down!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Keep us posted Buffy!
Hope your feeling better.

It is raining like crazy and is gonna rain all week.
my dogone roof is leaking too boot.
We haven't seen the sun in a week and it is gonna be another week at least before we see it again. Darn it!

My weight is stuck at 158, 159.
I have been exercising and I guess I will blame it on that. Exercise always stalls out my weight loss.

Last edited by Clueless; 01-14-2013 at 11:58 AM..
Old 01-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
I know this has absolutely nothing to do with NK, but considering how many of you are from or in Texas and the sense of humor of this group, I just *had to* post this. :-) (when you get to the end, doesn't this sound right down Major Red's alley of humor?)

Important Info On Crow Behavior
Well, it is not a pretty story.... about 200 dead crows near Orange, TX and there was concern for Avian Flu. They had a bird pathologist examine the remains of all the crows, and he confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu, to everyone's relief. However, he determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, and only 2% were killed by car impact.
The authorities then hired an ornithological behaviorist to determine the disproportionate percentages for truck versus car kill. The ornithological behaviorist determined the cause in short order. When crows eat road kill, they always post a "look-out Crow" in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger. His conclusion was that the look-out crow could say, "Cah," but he could not say "Truck."
Old 01-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Ya got me. I was deeply hooked all the way to the end.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
I know this has absolutely nothing to do with NK, but considering how many of you are from or in Texas and the sense of humor of this group, I just *had to* post this. :-) (when you get to the end, doesn't this sound right down Major Red's alley of humor?)

Well, it is not a pretty story.... about 200 dead crows near Orange, TX and there was concern for Avian Flu. They had a bird pathologist examine the remains of all the crows, and he confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu, to everyone's relief. However, he determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, and only 2% were killed by car impact.
The authorities then hired an ornithological behaviorist to determine the disproportionate percentages for truck versus car kill. The ornithological behaviorist determined the cause in short order. When crows eat road kill, they always post a "look-out Crow" in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger. His conclusion was that the look-out crow could say, "Cah," but he could not say "Truck."
Old 01-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #342
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Short update. BP was very high at DR, he put me on a 4th drug to get it down while we can work through this. Sending me on to a cardiologist as soon as he can get me in, hoping for tomorrow. Said for now I can increase advil to keep headache under control, BP first concern.

Thanks for caring everyone
Old 01-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #343
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl, it has been raining here too! For days, would be nice to see the sun peak out! Exercise is good for you, in moderation. I used to hate to get on the scale the morning after a long workout...back then I had no clue what was happening. Made me workout harder the next day, which just fueled the cycle!
Shelley, funny. I know and work with folks from Orange TX! This is really funny. There are few cars in that area of Texas!
Hi Cici, how's it going for you?
Buffy, we are worried. Seems very odd that your BP going this extreme. Very good to get to a cardiologist. Headaches are horrible, I used to get really bad ones, then migraines; now, not so much.
Darin?? You must be on marathon Justified trying to get caught up again for the new ones??? We talked about Season 2 at work today. I would love to meet the writers of this show.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:19 AM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

After lunch yesterday lil KK washed her hands and headed out to the playroom for nap. She comes back to the kitchen and says Ms Cheryl I spilled water everywhere. (only thing she had in her hand was a paper towel) I said how did you do that?
She said from my napkin I guess.
There was a big ol puddle in the floor from my roof leaking.

She thought she had managed to make that big mess!
I nearly rolled in the floor laughing.
Had to share that funny
Old 01-15-2013, 04:21 AM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Short update. BP was very high at DR, he put me on a 4th drug to get it down while we can work through this. Sending me on to a cardiologist as soon as he can get me in, hoping for tomorrow. Said for now I can increase advil to keep headache under control, BP first concern.

Feel better buffy.
I am so sorry you are going thru all this.
Sending prayers you way.
Hope today is a good day.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:01 AM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheeeesecake
Stats: 218/174.25/154
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Re-start 18 November 2013
Hey everyone! I'm back after a few busy days. Belated Christmas party on Friday night and concert on Sunday night - lots of cheating, cake and cocktails! Not weighed in this morning but I'll see how much damage has been done tomorrow! Hope you're all doing well. It's bloomin' freezing here! It's making me crave mashed potato and stew!!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #347
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post

!!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:51 AM   #348
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Buffy, I'm glad to hear that you're doing better. Sounds like it was very scary
It is a cop show so as long as you like those type shows you should like this one. I'd compare it to NCIS and I love NCIS. It has the same sense of competent professionalism and humor that doesn't come at the expense of the show or really the characters even when it is a truly stupid character that you are laughing at. I mean the dumb characters are not parodies of dumb people if that makes sense.

Quote:
Wow! Congrats!!

I really wish I'd have kept my too tight 46 jeans. I kept the 3x shirts that I really liked (Dickies all cotton button up mechanic work looking shirts) because even a hugely oversized casual shirt is comfy at home and I never have stopped wearing them.

Nothing reinforces success like clothes that were too tight for dignity being too loose for modesty now.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #349
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeeesecake View Post
Hey everyone! I'm back after a few busy days. Belated Christmas party on Friday night and concert on Sunday night - lots of cheating, cake and cocktails! Not weighed in this morning but I'll see how much damage has been done tomorrow! Hope you're all doing well. It's bloomin' freezing here! It's making me crave mashed potato and stew!!
Welcome back
Old 01-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #350
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
After lunch yesterday lil KK washed her hands and headed out to the playroom for nap. She comes back to the kitchen and says Ms Cheryl I spilled water everywhere. (only thing she had in her hand was a paper towel) I said how did you do that?
She said from my napkin I guess.
There was a big ol puddle in the floor from my roof leaking.

She thought she had managed to make that big mess!
I nearly rolled in the floor laughing.
Had to share that funny
heh

I love talking to kids that are that young. You can have the most interesting conversations that are bound only by imagination.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #351
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Cheryl, it has been raining here too! For days, would be nice to see the sun peak out! Exercise is good for you, in moderation. I used to hate to get on the scale the morning after a long workout...back then I had no clue what was happening. Made me workout harder the next day, which just fueled the cycle!
Shelley, funny. I know and work with folks from Orange TX! This is really funny. There are few cars in that area of Texas!
Hi Cici, how's it going for you?
Buffy, we are worried. Seems very odd that your BP going this extreme. Very good to get to a cardiologist. Headaches are horrible, I used to get really bad ones, then migraines; now, not so much.
Darin?? You must be on marathon Justified trying to get caught up again for the new ones??? We talked about Season 2 at work today. I would love to meet the writers of this show.
I started in on The Big Bang Theory. I never have watched it on TV (because I don't generally watch TV). I was told that it was perfect for me because it is geeky heh. It really is pretty dang hysterical. I'm only 4 or 5 episodes in to the first season.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:19 AM   #352
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

I hope they get this sorted out Buffy
Old 01-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #353
Blabbermouth!!!

I am officially getting back on track today. My plan is to do unlogged general LC for today and tomorrow and then back to NK on Thursday.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #354
Blabbermouth!!!

Fixing some bacon, cabbage and chicken for lunch
Old 01-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #355
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Good to hear Red.

See cardio at 2 today. Another scare in the night of BP 220/117. I am so done with this, I wish!!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #356
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RavenG
Stats: 305/184.6/160 or 28/10/8 - Whichever Comes First!
WOE: Atkins/Primal/Paleo
Start Date: June 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
I started in on The Big Bang Theory. I never have watched it on TV (because I don't generally watch TV). I was told that it was perfect for me because it is geeky heh. It really is pretty dang hysterical. I'm only 4 or 5 episodes in to the first season.

I Big Bang Theory.....one of the few shows that I literally laugh out loud!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lindawell8
Stats: 198/198/160
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: Jan. 2012
Quote:
Good to hear Red.

See cardio at 2 today. Another scare in the night of BP 220/117. I am so done with this, I wish!!
Hi Buffy, will be praying for you today as everyday. They need to find the answer to this now. So have a happy day.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good to hear Red.

Buffy This sounds really bad. I hope they decide on a treatment for you today. That way at leats there is some light at the end of the tunnel.
Thanks for keeping us up to date.
Hope your appointment goes well.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #359
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Good to hear Red.

Wow!! The doc didn't tell you to get to an ER if it got that high?
Old 01-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #360
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenG View Post
I Big Bang Theory.....one of the few shows that I literally laugh out loud!
heh it is one of those shows where you remember something they did or said a few days later and bust out laughing about it.
Closed Thread