Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Water Intake?

Anybody find they don't need to drink as much water with NK? When I was just regular LCing (lots of protein, upwards of 120g), I could NOT get enough water all day long. Sometimes I'd drink upwards of 4L a day.

When I starting eating 75-85% fat, I had a day where I was thirstier than normal, but I am no longer thirsty at all. I mean, I GAG sometimes when I take a sip of water.

I'm really not drinking much water at all, but I don't feel thirsty or dehydrated.

Anybody else go through the same thing?
mizzcase is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tablis
WOE: NK
Start Date: 10/29/2012
I'm also not thirsty but today I was feeling a little dizzy/wierd so I made myself drink a ton....
tablis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Yes!! Buffy and I were talking about that in October's thread (I think).

I'd remarked at how strange it was that I could leave the house without a bottle of water in hand - because I'd done it that day by accident and was so surprised. I never would have forgotten pre-LC. In fact, I used to keep a case of water in the truck at all times just to make sure I always had some on hand.

I intentionally reduced my water intake to see how little I could drink without being thirsty. The results were astounding to me. I could get away with very little water!

I got low enough that I started getting calf and foot cramps so I pushed it up again but still it was pretty amazing. I think one day I only had one bottle of water all day.

Now, I do drink a lot of diet soda pop but that has been a constant ever since I started LC (not so much before LC). I mean, I don't think I increased the soda to make up for the decrease in water when I did that.

Very strange!

reddarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablis View Post
I'm also not thirsty but today I was feeling a little dizzy/wierd so I made myself drink a ton....
Dash some salt on your palm and eat it tablis! Then make a mug of broth and drink that.

Dizzy weird is usually sodium (and other minerals) deficiency.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Take care to stay hydrated. You are an active person aside from what just living requires in the way of hydration.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tablis
Start Date: 10/29/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Dash some salt on your palm and eat it tablis! Then make a mug of broth and drink that.

Dizzy weird is usually sodium (and other minerals) deficiency.
thanks!
tablis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
does this mean i don't *have* to force myself to drink a certain amount each day?? how i hate water sometimes.
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
I hope not dazygyrl, because I am only drinking when I feel thirsty now!
mizzcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
I used to drink 12-14 glasses a day on the nonfat/body for life weight lifting plan. I was 20# lighter then than now, but I was not healthy.

Now I drink 8 glasses or more a day. I have non BPA bottles that I fill with filtered mineral water (well, correct that...my DH does it for me every night) and I make sure they are empty after dinnertime. I have my BPC with 3 cups, make a wonderful herbal tea with 4 cups, so I only have 1 "required" cup left and use that with dinner to take PM vitamins.

Before I cared about anything with weight (since I was underweight), I never had water. I never had tea or coffee. I never had soft drinks. I consumed NO liquids at all. I still find that hard to imagine, but it's true.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Before I cared about anything with weight (since I was underweight), I never had water. I never had tea or coffee. I never had soft drinks. I consumed NO liquids at all. I still find that hard to imagine, but it's true.
Perhaps, like a koala bear, you were getting water from vegetable sources--in your case, fruits and vegetables rather than eucalyptus leaves.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Myles
i've definitely found that since i've reduced protein and increased fat i am craving less water. I believe i may have even upped the salt. With higher protein before tho i was always thirsty, worried i had the BEETUSS (diabetes) but now i am not really thirsty much!
Myles is offline   Reply With Quote