Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 06:38 AM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
WOE: NK
Start Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
You mention that you exercise... what type is it? Aerobic or resistance or ?

How much more than 60 minutes? I mean, is it like a window of 50 to 70 minutes or are you frequently approaching 120 minutes if you are in the groove?

Your goal weight is probably 10 to 15 pounds too high for your frame size and height. I ran the numbers for your goal, 145, and for a chart guesstimate of 135 and the results were very close enough that it probably doesn't matter.

Were you logging when you lost the 40 pounds? Do you know what your actual protein grams consumption has been during that period and the stall period?

When you stalled did you try various things or just coast enjoying the tremendous success of 40 pounds of fat being gone from your life? Really an awesome accomplishment and something to be proud of, especially keeping it off for so long when you are stalled above goal weight.

Red - thanks for the info. I am WAY under on my calorie intake as well as fat and protein.

A bit of health info before I go into what I do. In Jan 2011, I was diagnosed with Left ventricular hypertrophy - which is a thickening/enlargement of the wall of the ventricle. I'm on a beta blocker that prevents my heart from beating too fast. Secondly, I have a small aortic aneurism so I'm told not to lift anything over 50 lbs. Other than that, OK - had a heart cath also in Jan, 2011 which was A-ok -- they found all this out as I was having some chest discomfort walking up the hills in my neighborhood.

Exercise when I was losing the fat was walking alone, walking my 3 dogs, dvd's (inside walking, some pilates, stretching, stability ball, hulahoop!) Nothing formal but always every day - didn't miss a day unless dh or I was sick.

Eating
Calorie range: 1200 - 1500
Protein: 40 - 80
Fat: 30 - 60
Carbs: 60 - 180

I joined the Y in Feb 2012 and my exercise now is mainly water aerobics with resistance training. I do a shallow water class which is alot of resistance, 2 deep water classes involving jogging and some resistance. Really enjoy them. Also, continue to walk the dogs - totals about 2.7 miles around my neighborhood as they want their separate walks!! Haven't touched a dvd for a year.

Food - when I even bothered to log was 'no plan at all'
Calories seem to be 1200 - 1800
Protein - 30-80
Fat - 60-80
Carbs- 14-200 low end is when I tried to start Atkins and now LCHF.

Interestingly, from my journal notes from Oct 2012 to near present, I've written 'ate too many calories - won't lose this way' Only eating 1200-1400 calories.

I was happy I had lost the weight and was in 2 size lower jeans, but I seemed lost. After reading my journal, maybe I wasn't so happy after all!

Obviously need to redo ME and start again. I have Phinneys/Volek's book 'the arts and science of low carb living' -- guess I need to read it!

Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2012, 06:40 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anjikun
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasonnier View Post
Good morning everyone! I didn't weigh myself- but my mouth is very very metally. I can't stand the weight fluctuations, so i try to only weigh myself 1x a week (sometimes 2xs). I was measuring myself, but I'm waiting until I lose a few more pounds, b/c I gained and I don't want to mark the inches gained- that's just too depressing!

Red- do you know how immediate our food consumption affects our ketones? Like if I went high on the carbs- does it reflect immediately (say after it's digested)? Or does it take a couple of days to reflect in our blood ketone levels? I'm just curious- and no, I didn't go too high on my carbs (yay).

so, this is the first year that all of my kiddos are out of the house all day (they are all in school now), so i am going from being a SAHM w/ not so much time by myself to a SAHM with a lot of extra time. I have been looking around for a part time job, and I do a type of sound therapy very part time- but I need to create more of a structure in my day so I'm not dreaming about food all day
So, until then- I guess I'll be on here double time

Have a great day everyone!!
Wow, SAHM with all the kids at school--sounds fabulous! I am at home right now, but will need to go back to work in January. What is the sound therapy that you do?
Old 12-03-2012, 07:04 AM   #183
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Today, after 9 days NK, I am at the bottom of my bouncing range, solidly at my set point which I've not been able to get past for the past year.
Congrats!!

Try keeping carbs as low as possible for the next few days to get past your set point.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sasonnier
Stats: 146/143.6/115ish
Start Date: 10/24/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjikun View Post
Wow, SAHM with all the kids at school--sounds fabulous! I am at home right now, but will need to go back to work in January. What is the sound therapy that you do?
Anjikun- I work with a music listening therapy (not sure if I can discuss brand names here) that helps ppl who struggle w/ADHD, autism spectrum disorders, learning difficulties, sensory/auditory processing difficulties, etc. It is really cool. it's a home based therapy- so it doesn't keep me too too busy- i do evals and set up listening schedules then my clients do the listening at home during the week.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:12 AM   #185
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
hmmm....are you a computer techy guy or something? everytime you post about linux i get lost
I love computers and geeky stuff heh

I did tech support and network stuff for several years from the mid-90s to just after Y2K.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:20 AM   #186
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Good Morning Everyone! This thread moves so fast...

I've been reading through the last two days of posts. Please forgive me if I can't comment at this time on everything, but I want to say that it's great to see the same people logging in and sharing. You're all so welcoming to newcomers (like me)!

I've been logging every night and checking my numbers. So far it's been really hard to get above 1800 or so (1841-floor #) but I'm hitting my other numbers pretty close.

Sunday:
Cals: 1751 (2148-1841 floor)
P: 80.9 (92)
F: 149.3 (198)
Carbs: 28.5

I was down another 1.4lbs this morning. My low last year after doing JUDDD for a year was 199 (for a nano-second). I think if I can get there again I'll feel like I'm on my way.

Butter and VCO in my coffee this morning. I was having a hard time tracking my HWC so I put 4 oz in a cup with a lid for the rest of the day.

I have a head cold ( I think). DH was sick last week and it may be his germs or maybe it's NK? It's also raining here so maybe it's sinus....I feel stuffy in the head and burn-y in the back of my throat.

Lastly, I had a severe case of metal mouth last night. I'm sleeping like a dead woman. I still have hot flashes several times a night but I go right back to sleep. No joint pain, either. Hooray!
Congrats on being down 1.4!!!

As long as you are in the ballpark for the numbers you will probably be fine. They are a target to shoot for. Protein grams are very important so you want to try hard to get them in every day.

If you are getting a cold that will stress your body a bit, maybe a lot, so keep that in mind. You could lose, stall or gain. No worries.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:24 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
down .4 this morning after my highest cal day yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
I don't think you are imagining it. In the past few years, everytime I go to revisit an old favorite, something I remember as being soooo good, I am disappointed. Now when I am longing for something fondly remembered, I go home and make my own version. Much more satisfying and I know what is in it.

Today, after 9 days NK, I am at the bottom of my bouncing range, solidly at my set point which I've not been able to get past for the past year. So here is where the rubber meets the road. Will I see new numbers soon? Let's all sing a chorus of Anticipation. No headache this morning. That is a relief. Too early to tell about the tummy. It doesn't seem to act up until near the emptying point after a meal. It is warmer today so I am looking forward to a bit of a walk.
Congrats on the weight loss. That would be a great morale boost if you can break through that number.

Quote:
Good morning everyone! I didn't weigh myself- but my mouth is very very metally. I can't stand the weight fluctuations, so i try to only weigh myself 1x a week (sometimes 2xs). I was measuring myself, but I'm waiting until I lose a few more pounds, b/c I gained and I don't want to mark the inches gained- that's just too depressing!

Have a great day everyone!!
Yay, metal mouth! I think its pretty strange how stoked I get for rank/weird breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post

I was down another 1.4lbs this morning. My low last year after doing JUDDD for a year was 199 (for a nano-second). I think if I can get there again I'll feel like I'm on my way.

!
Congrats on the loss!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #188
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
Red - thanks for the info. I am WAY under on my calorie intake as well as fat and protein.

A bit of health info before I go into what I do. In Jan 2011, I was diagnosed with Left ventricular hypertrophy - which is a thickening/enlargement of the wall of the ventricle. I'm on a beta blocker that prevents my heart from beating too fast. Secondly, I have a small aortic aneurism so I'm told not to lift anything over 50 lbs. Other than that, OK - had a heart cath also in Jan, 2011 which was A-ok -- they found all this out as I was having some chest discomfort walking up the hills in my neighborhood.

Exercise when I was losing the fat was walking alone, walking my 3 dogs, dvd's (inside walking, some pilates, stretching, stability ball, hulahoop!) Nothing formal but always every day - didn't miss a day unless dh or I was sick.

Eating
Calorie range: 1200 - 1500
Protein: 40 - 80
Fat: 30 - 60
Carbs: 60 - 180

I joined the Y in Feb 2012 and my exercise now is mainly water aerobics with resistance training. I do a shallow water class which is alot of resistance, 2 deep water classes involving jogging and some resistance. Really enjoy them. Also, continue to walk the dogs - totals about 2.7 miles around my neighborhood as they want their separate walks!! Haven't touched a dvd for a year.

Food - when I even bothered to log was 'no plan at all'
Calories seem to be 1200 - 1800
Protein - 30-80
Fat - 60-80
Carbs- 14-200 low end is when I tried to start Atkins and now LCHF.

Interestingly, from my journal notes from Oct 2012 to near present, I've written 'ate too many calories - won't lose this way' Only eating 1200-1400 calories.

I was happy I had lost the weight and was in 2 size lower jeans, but I seemed lost. After reading my journal, maybe I wasn't so happy after all!

Obviously need to redo ME and start again. I have Phinneys/Volek's book 'the arts and science of low carb living' -- guess I need to read it!

Thanks again!
Sounds like you made it through some very tough health challenges!

How did you lose the 40 pounds? LC? When abouts did you push carbs way down for LC or LCHF, October?

Did you increase your protein and subsequently gain the 4 pounds?

Sorry for all the questions. I talk to a lot of ya'll so wrapping my mind around new details can be a challenge for me lol.

The resistance exercise ... Wonderful! Perfect and it sounds like you are doing just about the exact right amount too.

I thought the first chapter or two of the Living book was pretty dang dry but it picked up a lot after that. Now, I may be very biased because I tried to read it before I knew about NK when I was not zealously pursuing LC (because I was stalled at 205 forever). And I made the mistake of getting the Kindle version. Kindles are great for pleasure reading but terrible for material you want to carefully study. Anyway, I picked it back up again after starting NK back in October. I still think the first chapter or two is hard to slog through though.

You are planning on carefully logging your food going forward?
Old 12-03-2012, 07:43 AM   #189
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I talk to a lot of ya'll so wrapping my mind around new details can be a challenge for me lol.
It isn't just that, I also silently calculate stuff that people post about all the time heh. So it gets confusing compartmentalizing what all is going on.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tablis
Start Date: 10/29/2012
Quote:
Well, I've researched "numbness and tingling" (and polyneuropathy/mononeuritis multiplex--which are the medical terms for these symptoms) alot, and the only thing I can tell you for sure is that there are about a million causes for it!

If you already know that you are low on B12 (which is one of the causes) maybe you are not getting enough in your shots (in all the research I've done, I don't remember seeing anything about B6, and I haven't looked it up yet specifically after hearing about it from someone on here). Maybe you could ask them to up the B12 dose to see if that helps.

Another possible cause is gluten intolerance (sometimes referred to as celiac). However, the blood test the regular doctors do is not very accurate (as it only tests for one antibody, and there are many antibodies your immune system can produce if you are reacting to gluten). There is a stool test you can do privately which is supposed to be a lot more accurate, or you can just eliminate gluten (completely) for a month or two to see if it helps.

The most common cause is uncontrolled diabetes (high blood sugars over long periods damage the nerves) but since you are doing NK, I guess that would be very unlikely in your case.

If it keeps happened you should definitely tell your doctor about it. It may be nothing, but the doctor will want to rule out various things.
Thanks so much for the answers!
I upped the shots to twice a month rather than once a month and my serum b12 seems to stay in range that way. I've been taking shots forever but the tingly stuff is fairly recent. I was tested for one anti body regarding celiac bc of the b12 deficiency- it was negative.
As far as telling my dr... is it me or are drs not very helpful these days? Its hard to find a good one. I haven't found any that I can rely on.
I went to a neurologist when I had the low b12 symptoms way back and he didn't even catch it... I had to figure it out myself from the internet and request (demand) the blood test.
B12 deficiency is a lot like LCing and Thyroid issues in that most drs are pretty ignorant about it and I had to really fight for the shots bc the sublingual didn't work. (the dr. said as long as I was taking them no need to retest... well I still felt lousy and demanded the retest and was verry low- bc of my reaearch I knew I had to get shots)
In short, I always feel I'm on my own figuring out what I need and then I have to present my case to the dr. to get the tests and treatment that I think I need.

Similarly, any dr. I see tells me that if I lose weight again all will be well with the world and assumes that I must be eating 24/7...."just eat less and WO more- its so easy"

I've never had a problem with BS. I had a FBG in july that was fine. I didn't do an HBA1C though. I will ask for that next time to be sure.

Last edited by tablis; 12-03-2012 at 08:00 AM..
Old 12-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sounds like you made it through some very tough health challenges!

How did you lose the 40 pounds? LC? When abouts did you push carbs way down for LC or LCHF, October?

Did you increase your protein and subsequently gain the 4 pounds?

Sorry for all the questions. I talk to a lot of ya'll so wrapping my mind around new details can be a challenge for me lol.

The resistance exercise ... Wonderful! Perfect and it sounds like you are doing just about the exact right amount too.

I thought the first chapter or two of the Living book was pretty dang dry but it picked up a lot after that. Now, I may be very biased because I tried to read it before I knew about NK when I was not zealously pursuing LC (because I was stalled at 205 forever). And I made the mistake of getting the Kindle version. Kindles are great for pleasure reading but terrible for material you want to carefully study. Anyway, I picked it back up again after starting NK back in October. I still think the first chapter or two is hard to slog through though.

You are planning on carefully logging your food going forward?
Yea, the 40 lbs was with lowering carbs. Pretty much cut out all bread, pastas and potatoes and probably moving a whole bunch more than I had for a long time!!

Oct of this year is when I pushed them down to try the HFLC. Been reading everything -- Diet Dr., Jimmy Moore, etc. Dana Carpender is bringing out a fat fast e-book in Jan - will be getting that! And oh yes, I also got the Living book on Kindle and a month later got the print book. So right about only leisure reading!!!

I don't think I began eating too much protein when the 4 lbs came back, but I do remember about two weeks ago eating more Kirkland Cashew Clusters which have 11g carbs in 5 pieces. Had several days of nibbling evertime I went by the bag ---- and I don't think I logged it.

So, the answer is YES ----- I will be weighing/measuring/logging everything that goes in this mouth from here on out.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Anjikun- I work with a music listening therapy (not sure if I can discuss brand names here) that helps ppl who struggle w/ADHD, autism spectrum disorders, learning difficulties, sensory/auditory processing difficulties, etc. It is really cool. it's a home based therapy- so it doesn't keep me too too busy- i do evals and set up listening schedules then my clients do the listening at home during the week.
Sounds interesting! My youngest is autistic, so I've heard of that type of therapy. He seems to respond well to music, so I've contacted a music therapist and he will be evaluated soon.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Wildflower those dang nuts get me ever time.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:26 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablis View Post
Thanks so much for the answers!
I upped the shots to twice a month rather than once a month and my serum b12 seems to stay in range that way. I've been taking shots forever but the tingly stuff is fairly recent. I was tested for one anti body regarding celiac bc of the b12 deficiency- it was negative.
As far as telling my dr... is it me or are drs not very helpful these days? Its hard to find a good one. I haven't found any that I can rely on.
I went to a neurologist when I had the low b12 symptoms way back and he didn't even catch it... I had to figure it out myself from the internet and request (demand) the blood test.
B12 deficiency is a lot like LCing and Thyroid issues in that most drs are pretty ignorant about it and I had to really fight for the shots bc the sublingual didn't work. (the dr. said as long as I was taking them no need to retest... well I still felt lousy and demanded the retest and was verry low- bc of my reaearch I knew I had to get shots)
In short, I always feel I'm on my own figuring out what I need and then I have to present my case to the dr. to get the tests and treatment that I think I need.

Similarly, any dr. I see tells me that if I lose weight again all will be well with the world and assumes that I must be eating 24/7...."just eat less and WO more- its so easy"

I've never had a problem with BS. I had a FBG in july that was fine. I didn't do an HBA1C though. I will ask for that next time to be sure.
Yes, it's so hard to have to figure stuff out on your own. Good for you for getting the treatment that you needed for the B12. I will be going to see my doctor this aft (they finally got my blood test results). The receptionist already told me there was nothing remarkable, so I guess I'm going to have to try to convince her to do the complete thyroid panel (freeT3 and freeT4). In terms of the B12, is there a specific test that you had to ask for, or was it diagnosed just with the standard test that they use?
Old 12-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yes, it's so hard to have to figure stuff out on your own. Good for you for getting the treatment that you needed for the B12. I will be going to see my doctor this aft (they finally got my blood test results). The receptionist already told me there was nothing remarkable, so I guess I'm going to have to try to convince her to do the complete thyroid panel (freeT3 and freeT4). In terms of the B12, is there a specific test that you had to ask for, or was it diagnosed just with the standard test that they use?
Google "could it be b12" for excellent information before you go to the dr. It is a companion website for a book of the same name which is a great book. Low b12 causes all kinds of crazy symptoms and many times goes with a low thyroid. If caught early enough its so easy to correct and yet drs many times overlook it and ppl suffer needlessly and in some cases even become disabled. Ideally they recommend testing Serum B12, Methylmalonic acid and Homocysteine. My dr wouldn't do all three and I only had the serum b12 done.

Like the thyroid tests, the ranges aren't accurate in some countries. In my case I was low even with the generous range but many people show symptoms even when they are in range for the serum b12, that's when the other two tests are important. Also its important to ask for Folic Acid, Iron, transferrin and Ferritin blood tests too. Taking B12 can mask other deficiencies esp folic acid so they say to check it before. I would ask for Vitamin D at the same time.

I have the book so if you have a question you can ask me or pm me to look it up. it might annoy ppl if we go off on a B12 tangent on this thread.

btw- i'm not so educated on the thyroid diagnostics yet but from what I've read TSH alone is not enough. My Dr(s) insist it is though, and I'll have to start working on getting one of them to give me a referral for T3 and T4....one battle at a time.

Last edited by tablis; 12-03-2012 at 09:01 AM..
Old 12-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Google "could it be b12" for excellent information before you go to the dr. It is a companion website for a book of the same name which is a great book. Low b12 causes all kinds of crazy symptoms and many times goes with a low thyroid. If caught early enough its so easy to correct and yet drs many times overlook it and ppl suffer needlessly and in some cases even become disabled. Ideally they recommend testing Serum B12, Methylmalonic acid and Homocysteine. My dr wouldn't do all three and I only had the serum b12 done.

Like the thyroid tests, the ranges aren't accurate in some countries. In my case I was low even with the generous range but many people show symptoms even when they are in range for the serum b12, that's when the other two tests are important. Also its important to ask for Folic Acid, Iron, transferrin and Ferritin blood tests too. Taking B12 can mask other deficiencies esp folic acid so they say to check it before. I would ask for Vitamin D at the same time.

I have the book so if you have a question you can ask me or pm me to look it up. it might annoy ppl if we go off on a B12 tangent on this thread.

btw- i'm not so educated on the thyroid diagnostics yet but from what I've read TSH alone is not enough. My Dr(s) insist it is though, and I'll have to start working on getting one of them to give me a referral for T3 and T4....one battle at a time.
Thanks so much for the info! I'm actually on my way out the door right now to see the doctor, and I wrote down all the tests you mentioned on my list of things to talk to her about. I've got my fingers crossed that she will have found something, and if not, will agree to these supplementary tests!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:30 AM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/139.3/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Good Morning All!
Well I took a little break this weekend getting ready to get my head in the game. I stayed LCHF but didn't journal or weigh in. I know my protein was a bit high, but kept the piling on the fat to hopfully balance out so I imagine the calories were way up there. This morning I was only up .10 from Friday so I feel real confident with the WOE for me. I'm going to use Fat Fast as a template since I usually end up with more like 1300-1700 with that by the time I adjust to get my fat percentage up. So giving myself some added snacks and treats my goal will be 1700-1900, fat 78-86%.

Sounds like everyone else is doing real well. Congrads to all the losses!!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:
I'm not diabetic (so far) I just starting test fbg until my ketone monitor came.
I was kind of shocked one am by a high reading- 110 bc I've never had high readings from traditional lab tests.. when I repeated it the number was fine- 90. I repeated it on several fingers (Quickly wasting the 10 pack of strips that came with the machine) and got a different number for every prick!
then I googled accucheck and found that many others have complained about this.
Oh how I hate to read this. Buffy recommended the accu-chek to me after the Nova Max Plus gave me tons of different readings on the same drop of blood. I had 3 of their meters and put in a strip in each and read from teh exact same blood drop within a second of each other and the readings were way off. So, I ordered the accu-chek and it should be here this week.

My Nova Max plus has been giving me 110 fasting in the AM for the last 2 days of testing. My ketones were .4 yesterday and .2 today. All I changed was adding in more MCT oil and fat and almost getting to goal with my protein, but missed by 7 grams. As usual, I'm going the wrong way on everything. But I'm happy!!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Good morning ALL

Red, Fantastic job on this tread!

My goodness I sure do have A LOT of catching up to do!!! I was only on page 2 and decided to go ahead and say good morning first.

I'm so happy it's December and Christmas spirit is all around! Coming from such a small town in Alaska to a bigger city where there's so many bright lights and decorations is so great! Not to mention last christmas was a horrible time in my life, so I'm just so full of happiness this time around that I'm enjoying every bit of the holidays, and I hope all of you are as well

Ok so I added veggies about 4 or 5 days ago and haven't gained at all. I actually feel like I've continued to lose inches. Today I'm bloated from some chinese food and too many veggies so I will eat simple for a few days to cure that feeling.
Last night Sunday dinner was...
Fresh Salmon, best I've ever had!! (from Alaska and once a commercial fisherman I would have lots of experience eating fish)
Fresh Lingcod
Fresh spot prawns
STEAK
Spaghetti squash
other stuff that's worthless to us
All dredged in melted butter!
It. was. amazing.
Maybe I'll upload a couple photos of it to share.
Alright, I'm off to read the last 7 pages....
Old 12-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Thanks so much for the info! I'm actually on my way out the door right now to see the doctor, and I wrote down all the tests you mentioned on my list of things to talk to her about. I've got my fingers crossed that she will have found something, and if not, will agree to these supplementary tests!
Hope the tests reveil the best trestment for you!
Best of luck!
Old 12-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizgurl View Post
Good morning ALL

Red, Fantastic job on this tread!

My goodness I sure do have A LOT of catching up to do!!! I was only on page 2 and decided to go ahead and say good morning first.

I'm so happy it's December and Christmas spirit is all around! Coming from such a small town in Alaska to a bigger city where there's so many bright lights and decorations is so great! Not to mention last christmas was a horrible time in my life, so I'm just so full of happiness this time around that I'm enjoying every bit of the holidays, and I hope all of you are as well

Ok so I added veggies about 4 or 5 days ago and haven't gained at all. I actually feel like I've continued to lose inches. Today I'm bloated from some chinese food and too many veggies so I will eat simple for a few days to cure that feeling.
Fresh Salmon, best I've ever had!! (from Alaska and once a commercial fisherman I would have lots of experience eating fish)
Fresh Lingcod
Fresh spot prawns
STEAK
Spaghetti squash
It. was. amazing.
Alright, I'm off to read the last 7 pages....
Yummy!!
Sounds good.
You sound so full of the huoliday spirit
I know this year will be so much better for you.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizgurl View Post
Fresh Lingcod
Fresh spot prawns
STEAK
Spaghetti squash
It. was. amazing.
Yummmm! PLEASE post some pics!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
I absolutely love them -- and when all the chunks are gone, love to mix what's left over with warmed up cream cheese. OHHHHH so good!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Oh how I hate to read this. Buffy recommended the accu-chek to me after the Nova Max Plus gave me tons of different readings on the same drop of blood. I had 3 of their meters and put in a strip in each and read from teh exact same blood drop within a second of each other and the readings were way off. So, I ordered the accu-chek and it should be here this week.

My Nova Max plus has been giving me 110 fasting in the AM for the last 2 days of testing. My ketones were .4 yesterday and .2 today. All I changed was adding in more MCT oil and fat and almost getting to goal with my protein, but missed by 7 grams. As usual, I'm going the wrong way on everything. But I'm happy!!!!
Interested to hear how you do with the accucheck. I hope it works!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
I might have to cut the nuts too....I had 4oz of mac nuts already today, and still hungry after everything else I've eaten :-( Ahh man, I thought i was entering into appetite suppression.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member

So Red told me after finding out about me that I need to increase my calories by ~1000, and also increase my fat and protein. So, it's 5 pm and I'm only at 1000 calories. How on earth am I going to do that?

I really need to make some fat bombs and figure out what to eat to increase my protein. At a loss -- so I'm off to read the meal plans and see what other people are eating.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Wildflower my daughter lives in California md.we was just there last week.going back for Xmas.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/139.3/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
So Red told me after finding out about me that I need to increase my calories by ~1000, and also increase my fat and protein. So, it's 5 pm and I'm only at 1000 calories. How on earth am I going to do that?

I really need to make some fat bombs and figure out what to eat to increase my protein. At a loss -- so I'm off to read the meal plans and see what other people are eating.
Nuts
Salad Dressing
Eggs cooking in butter
SF Whip Cream
Cream Cheese
Avocados
Olives
Full Fat Yogurt
Just some of my go to suggestions
Old 12-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:

Are you aware you can get your own thyroid panel done without a doc? I've been doing it for over 2 years. You can PM me if you want more info. I've been through dozens of docs that go by TSH and have studied this matter and know how to read the results and all that.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

cream cheese and olives
heavy whipping cream in coffee
homemade mayo w/eggs or tuna or chicken salad
mac nuts
lotsa olive oil on salad

adding calories- np... restricting?- now that's my problem
Closed Thread