Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
WOE: NK
Start Date: Dec 2013
Hi everyone. I've been lurking the last few days - a post here and there and diligently reading these. So, I figured out that I probably haven't been eating enough. Once I lost my first 40 lbs (went from 200 to 160 - from Feb 2011 to July 2011), I've been maintaining. Now, jumped to 164 trying to follow the LCHF.

Red, your comments/instructions are so great on the front of this thread - but like you've done for others, could you run my numbers ---I just know that I'm not eating enough.

Age - 65 in Jan
Current Weight - 164lbs
Goal Weight - 145 lbs
Height - 5' 7.5"
Exercise - 4-5 days a week (60 min or more)
Wrist - 6.25"

Thanks so much!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tablis
Start Date: 10/29/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjikun View Post
I guess I was referring to the B12. I'm not sure if she is checking B6, or if there is a test for that.
Just wondering bc i struggle with low b12 with unkown cause. I take shots. but recently (maybe 6 mos) I get these weird tingling numbness episodes particularly at night in bed. I had my veins/arteries checked bc I thought it might be circulation but they were fine and I went to a chiropractor in case something was leaning on a nerve. I started the mg a few weeks ago and I think that may have helped. Now you made me wonder if I should look into b6.
I've never had a B6 test. From googling it appears that there is a serum test.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Tablis, I feel for your fingers! All of you, all the poking! I absolutely hated it when I had to start back in late teen years...luckily I found my low patterns and dispensed with that quickly.
I'm not diabetic (so far) I just starting test fbg until my ketone monitor came.
I was kind of shocked one am by a high reading- 110 bc I've never had high readings from traditional lab tests.. when I repeated it the number was fine- 90. I repeated it on several fingers (Quickly wasting the 10 pack of strips that came with the machine) and got a different number for every prick!
then I googled accucheck and found that many others have complained about this.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:01 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Morning to all.
My am weight was 159.5 Back to my non sick low

Last week was a huge week around here. My hubby is officially unemployed.
He is on to bigger and better things so say a little prayer that he gets into his classes. He took his placement tests on Friday and we are a little late signing up so we will have to take what we can get, but it will all work out
So exciting he will be here everyday during the holidays
It is scary but I am determined to keep a positive attitude, I struggled a little last week but this week will be better!

Buffy congrats on loggoing those numbers. That can be a pain.

Red thanks for all your hard work

Welcome wildflower

Southerngirl you are amazing the way you comment to everyone. I love your posts.
The thread is getting so busy I am have a hard time just reading it all some days.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:03 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Good morning all! 123.0 this morning, my first gain since starting this WOE.. it was only .2, so I am confident it is waste or water. Maybe has something to do with the bouillon I had, or the crappy cheeseburger at Chili's..I remember their burgers being so much more juicy, am I right about this or imagining? Could also be that I didn't have a drink last night, so I wasn't slightly dehydrated this morning... Trying not to overanalyze it, as I get into a bad state of mind when I see I've gained weight.

Oh well, the weekend is over now, so that means know more mindless snacking and eating when I'm bored. I'm out of the house all day, so only eating what I've packed. Phew!

Macros for today planned:
1202 calories, 106.1g fat, 7g carbs 56.3g protein

78%F, 20%P 2%C
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Hi Buffy, I am working my way up to the OO in the water! I take a 200mg of Mag Oxide about an hour before bed....the OO would increase fats, which I am short on most days...let us know if it works. I have suffered with potty issues my entire LC life...until I upped the Mag, and took the oxide at night. The higher fat is good for this too.
Hi Mizz! LOL, frozen yogurt meltdowns! Sounds like my Blue Bell Ice Cream moments! DH banned that stuff back last Feb....
I take the oxide too, great stuff. Have some citrate waiting after I finish that bottle. And no worries, I live in GA, so Blue Bell was banned a few months ago too. I made a 1/2 gallon of Coconut Fudge (REAL half gallon) disappear in the course of 1 night. Graeter's stand no chance either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
Hi everyone. I've been lurking the last few days - a post here and there and diligently reading these. So, I figured out that I probably haven't been eating enough. Once I lost my first 40 lbs (went from 200 to 160 - from Feb 2011 to July 2011), I've been maintaining. Now, jumped to 164 trying to follow the LCHF.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:46 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Morning to all.
He is on to bigger and better things so say a little prayer that he gets into his classes.
prayers from here!
keep us posted
Old 12-03-2012, 04:24 AM   #157
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:

Red, your comments/instructions are so great on the front of this thread - but like you've done for others, could you run my numbers ---I just know that I'm not eating enough.

Age - 65 in Jan
Current Weight - 164lbs
Goal Weight - 145 lbs
Height - 5' 7.5"
Wrist - 6.25"

Thanks so much!
Sure! I do have a couple of questions or things to point out though but I'll make them in a second post to keep this one just numbers....

Goal Weight: 145

Exercise Page:
(x/2.2)*1.2 = 79
(x/2.2)*1.5 = 99
(x/2.2)*1.8 = 119

Dr. Phinney's recommendation is 1.5g/kg that results in 99g protein daily.

For a goal weight of 145 the calorie goal would be : 2307 (35kCal/kg) with a floor of 1977 (30kCal/kg - for an obese and/or very sedentary person).

Calories: 2307

Protein grams: 99 (396 ~ calories)
Fat grams: 212 (1908 ~ calories)
Carb grams: ??
Old 12-03-2012, 04:25 AM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Age - 65 in Jan
Current Weight - 164lbs
Goal Weight - 145 lbs
Height - 5' 7.5"
Wrist - 6.25"

Thanks so much!
You mention that you exercise... what type is it? Aerobic or resistance or ?

How much more than 60 minutes? I mean, is it like a window of 50 to 70 minutes or are you frequently approaching 120 minutes if you are in the groove?

Your goal weight is probably 10 to 15 pounds too high for your frame size and height. I ran the numbers for your goal, 145, and for a chart guesstimate of 135 and the results were very close enough that it probably doesn't matter.

Were you logging when you lost the 40 pounds? Do you know what your actual protein grams consumption has been during that period and the stall period?

When you stalled did you try various things or just coast enjoying the tremendous success of 40 pounds of fat being gone from your life? Really an awesome accomplishment and something to be proud of, especially keeping it off for so long when you are stalled above goal weight.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:41 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
down .4 this morning after my highest cal day yet.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:45 AM   #160
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Morning. Grumpy here this morning, DH has a headcold and the snoring last night was very very bad. Not much sleep for me. And, I still have that terrible sinus headache. Calling the Dr. today for a steroid shot. Hmmmph!

Cheryl, have my fingers crossed for your DH to get his classes.

Wildflower
Old 12-03-2012, 05:09 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Good morning all! 123.0 this morning, my first gain since starting this WOE.. it was only .2, so I am confident it is waste or water. Maybe has something to do with the bouillon I had, or the crappy cheeseburger at Chili's..I remember their burgers being so much more juicy, am I right about this or imagining? Could also be that I didn't have a drink last night, so I wasn't slightly dehydrated this morning... Trying not to overanalyze it, as I get into a bad state of mind when I see I've gained weight.
I don't think you are imagining it. In the past few years, everytime I go to revisit an old favorite, something I remember as being soooo good, I am disappointed. Now when I am longing for something fondly remembered, I go home and make my own version. Much more satisfying and I know what is in it.

Today, after 9 days NK, I am at the bottom of my bouncing range, solidly at my set point which I've not been able to get past for the past year. So here is where the rubber meets the road. Will I see new numbers soon? Let's all sing a chorus of Anticipation. No headache this morning. That is a relief. Too early to tell about the tummy. It doesn't seem to act up until near the emptying point after a meal. It is warmer today so I am looking forward to a bit of a walk.

July challenge
Old 12-03-2012, 05:12 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Morning all had a great day yesterday.losing that vacation weight went from 167-165.2 one more lb yaya.
Cheryl I no all will be well!
Puffy sorry you are feeling bad!get better soon
Dazigirl great job how many cal did you eat?
Mizz..for some reason I gain ever time I eat out,I woulder what they put in our food!
Welcome wildflower!
Southergirl I just love when you post here,
Hope all of you have a great day! I'm going to help my friends (friend) today she just found out her husband has bone cancer and its in his lungs to and she is in the process of moving I feel so sad for her.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:13 AM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
thanks, becky! i had 2143. i didn't lose a lick and even maybe gained trying to eat 1200-1300.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:17 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
I really seem to do my best at 1500 cals.i now tring to do 1400 cals one day then 1500 or so couple of days then back to 1500. I just going to play around this month and see what happens
Old 12-03-2012, 05:18 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sasonnier
Stats: 146/143.6/115ish
Start Date: 10/24/12
Quote:

Age - 65 in Jan
Current Weight - 164lbs
Goal Weight - 145 lbs
Height - 5' 7.5"
Wrist - 6.25"

Thanks so much!
Welcome Wildflower- that first chunk of weight loss is a big accomplishment- congrats!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:21 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Morning to all.
My am weight was 159.5 Back to my non sick low

He is on to bigger and better things so say a little prayer that he gets into his classes. He took his placement tests on Friday and we are a little late signing up so we will have to take what we can get, but it will all work out
So exciting he will be here everyday during the holidays
It is scary but I am determined to keep a positive attitude, I struggled a little last week but this week will be better!

Buffy congrats on loggoing those numbers. That can be a pain.

Red thanks for all your hard work

Welcome wildflower

Southerngirl you are amazing the way you comment to everyone. I love your posts.
The thread is getting so busy I am have a hard time just reading it all some days.
That's great that you are keeping such a positive attitude! "think good and it will be good"! congrats on the new low as well!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:23 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post

Oh well, the weekend is over now, so that means know more mindless snacking and eating when I'm bored. I'm out of the house all day, so only eating what I've packed. Phew!

Macros for today planned:
1202 calories, 106.1g fat, 7g carbs 56.3g protein

78%F, 20%P 2%C

I take the oxide too, great stuff. Have some citrate waiting after I finish that bottle. And no worries, I live in GA, so Blue Bell was banned a few months ago too. I made a 1/2 gallon of Coconut Fudge (REAL half gallon) disappear in the course of 1 night. Graeter's stand no chance either.

Mizzcase, don't sweat the small gains- like you said it is probably just a regular fluctuation and you will see an overall loss over the next week or so. I agree on the schedule! Weekends are really hard!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:26 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Morning. Grumpy here this morning, DH has a headcold and the snoring last night was very very bad. Not much sleep for me. And, I still have that terrible sinus headache. Calling the Dr. today for a steroid shot. Hmmmph!

Wildflower
Buffy- I can relate to the snoring...i've been known to sleep in another room when my husband has a bad night of snoring My grandparents also slept in separate bedrooms...they claim b/c my GF was a loud snorer (which he was)- but they were also devout catholic....so...
Old 12-03-2012, 05:29 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Morning all had a great day yesterday.losing that vacation weight went from 167-165.2 one more lb yaya.
Cheryl I no all will be well!
Puffy sorry you are feeling bad!get better soon
Dazigirl great job how many cal did you eat?
Mizz..for some reason I gain ever time I eat out,I woulder what they put in our food!
Welcome wildflower!
Southergirl I just love when you post here,
Hope all of you have a great day! I'm going to help my friends (friend) today she just found out her husband has bone cancer and its in his lungs to and she is in the process of moving I feel so sad for her.
Becky- congrats on the loss!! I am sorry to hear about your friend- I like to prepare dinner for people when they are dealing w/difficult things like that. I hope your friends husband is able to find comfort.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:29 AM   #170
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh that is so sad for her Becky and so nice of you to go be there for her.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:32 AM   #171
Blabbermouth!!!

Hmmm. I make some odd decisions on occasion. I decided to repartition my hard drive - it is very easy to do under Linux - but I may end up crashing and being off line for a while because this is a laptop with only one hard drive. So the partition I am using is getting dragged down by the one I'm resizing and moving. Doing that so I can make this partition bigger because I use it a lot.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:34 AM   #172
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
down .4 this morning after my highest cal day yet.
Congrats!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:35 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone! I didn't weigh myself- but my mouth is very very metally. I can't stand the weight fluctuations, so i try to only weigh myself 1x a week (sometimes 2xs). I was measuring myself, but I'm waiting until I lose a few more pounds, b/c I gained and I don't want to mark the inches gained- that's just too depressing!

Red- do you know how immediate our food consumption affects our ketones? Like if I went high on the carbs- does it reflect immediately (say after it's digested)? Or does it take a couple of days to reflect in our blood ketone levels? I'm just curious- and no, I didn't go too high on my carbs (yay).

so, this is the first year that all of my kiddos are out of the house all day (they are all in school now), so i am going from being a SAHM w/ not so much time by myself to a SAHM with a lot of extra time. I have been looking around for a part time job, and I do a type of sound therapy very part time- but I need to create more of a structure in my day so I'm not dreaming about food all day
So, until then- I guess I'll be on here double time

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:37 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Hmmm. I make some odd decisions on occasion. I decided to repartition my hard drive - it is very easy to do under Linux - but I may end up crashing and being off line for a while because this is a laptop with only one hard drive. So the partition I am using is getting dragged down by the one I'm resizing and moving. Doing that so I can make this partition bigger because I use it a lot.

hmmm....are you a computer techy guy or something? everytime you post about linux i get lost
Old 12-03-2012, 05:59 AM   #175
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Wildflower
Ugh! Hate it when someone is sick around me germophobe that I am.

You could hear him snoring from his temporary sick bed out in the car in the garage???

There was some low pressure weather that must have moved through with that cloudy sky and chance of rain the last day or two. Did you take some sinus stuff for it?

Old 12-03-2012, 06:25 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anjikun
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablis View Post
Just wondering bc i struggle with low b12 with unkown cause. I take shots. but recently (maybe 6 mos) I get these weird tingling numbness episodes particularly at night in bed. I had my veins/arteries checked bc I thought it might be circulation but they were fine and I went to a chiropractor in case something was leaning on a nerve. I started the mg a few weeks ago and I think that may have helped. Now you made me wonder if I should look into b6.
Well, I've researched "numbness and tingling" (and polyneuropathy/mononeuritis multiplex--which are the medical terms for these symptoms) alot, and the only thing I can tell you for sure is that there are about a million causes for it!

If you already know that you are low on B12 (which is one of the causes) maybe you are not getting enough in your shots (in all the research I've done, I don't remember seeing anything about B6, and I haven't looked it up yet specifically after hearing about it from someone on here). Maybe you could ask them to up the B12 dose to see if that helps.

Another possible cause is gluten intolerance (sometimes referred to as celiac). However, the blood test the regular doctors do is not very accurate (as it only tests for one antibody, and there are many antibodies your immune system can produce if you are reacting to gluten). There is a stool test you can do privately which is supposed to be a lot more accurate, or you can just eliminate gluten (completely) for a month or two to see if it helps.

The most common cause is uncontrolled diabetes (high blood sugars over long periods damage the nerves) but since you are doing NK, I guess that would be very unlikely in your case.

If it keeps happened you should definitely tell your doctor about it. It may be nothing, but the doctor will want to rule out various things.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:26 AM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Good Morning Everyone! This thread moves so fast...

I've been reading through the last two days of posts. Please forgive me if I can't comment at this time on everything, but I want to say that it's great to see the same people logging in and sharing. You're all so welcoming to newcomers (like me)!

I've been logging every night and checking my numbers. So far it's been really hard to get above 1800 or so (1841-floor #) but I'm hitting my other numbers pretty close.

Sunday:
Cals: 1751 (2148-1841 floor)
P: 80.9 (92)
F: 149.3 (198)
Carbs: 28.5

I was down another 1.4lbs this morning. My low last year after doing JUDDD for a year was 199 (for a nano-second). I think if I can get there again I'll feel like I'm on my way.

Butter and VCO in my coffee this morning. I was having a hard time tracking my HWC so I put 4 oz in a cup with a lid for the rest of the day.

I have a head cold ( I think). DH was sick last week and it may be his germs or maybe it's NK? It's also raining here so maybe it's sinus....I feel stuffy in the head and burn-y in the back of my throat.

Lastly, I had a severe case of metal mouth last night. I'm sleeping like a dead woman. I still have hot flashes several times a night but I go right back to sleep. No joint pain, either. Hooray!
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 12-03-2012, 06:27 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I just read this again and see that you mention that the low B12 is of unknown cause. Maybe there is a common cause for both things? Have you reported it (the episodes of numbess/tingling) to your primary care physician?
Old 12-03-2012, 06:34 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm not diabetic (so far) I just starting test fbg until my ketone monitor came.
I was kind of shocked one am by a high reading- 110 bc I've never had high readings from traditional lab tests.. when I repeated it the number was fine- 90. I repeated it on several fingers (Quickly wasting the 10 pack of strips that came with the machine) and got a different number for every prick!
then I googled accucheck and found that many others have complained about this.
I don't think you need to worry that much about your blood sugars if you are NKing. I got my blood sugar meter before I decided to try NK, so I was playing around trying to figure out what I could get away with and still have reasonably good numbers. Then when I went back to low carb my numbers were very low and steady. I suspect that, since you are NKing, nothing you are eating is liable to spike your sugar at all.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:38 AM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Quote:
Ok, the good news is, that as of this morning, I have not gained any weight the past 2 weeks since Thanksgiving. The not so good news is that I haven’t lost any. I am ok with slow loss but not ok with no loss. The biggest change I have made is to not log my food. So, starting today, I am going to log again to see if that helps. It may or may not, but at least I will see where I am at.
Congrats on not gaining! That's a big win all by itself. Starting to log again will help since you'll be able to see how you might tweak your diet a little and get that scale moving down again!
Closed Thread