Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #1201
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Yes Red, reminds me of the time a car went past us at lightning speed, I said "wonder what he is in such a hurry for" to which DH replied, "he is in a hurry to die" and sure enough, we came upon his wreck on up the road. Now I don't know if it killed him and hopefully didn't, but wow. Dumb drivers!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #1202
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RavenG
Stats: 305/184.6/160 or 28/10/8 - Whichever Comes First!
WOE: Atkins/Primal/Paleo
Start Date: June 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
The worst thing about bad weather is other drivers.
You've got THAT right! I had the same thing happen to me in Colorado one morning on the way to work in a snow storm. Guy behind me thought I was driving too slow so he whipped around me in the left hand lane, lost control of his vehicle, somehow he spun around behind me, car sped up while it was passing me (now facing me) and then continued to spin until he was facing the right direction again.....I waved at him as he went by I don't think he found it as amusing as I did!

I worked from home the last two days to avoid similar situations. I have an hour each way to commute and it's just not worth it!
Old 12-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #1203
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Great tip about the CO Red. I am gonna try that. Thanks!
I had a few carbs gere and there over Christmas and went back VLC today. My legs been really hurting. I didn't have any broths so I tried to use more salt. I guess I had more carbs than I realized or my legs wouldn't be hurting so bad from losing water. (I guess)
Remember my daughter I was telling you about.
She is really looking great and I got her some new jeans for Christmas. She just went on and on today about how she loves this WOE. She said she feels so Great and has Energy. She used to be very tired all the time.

Shhhes, I love Christmas but I have to say I am glad it is over and I can get back to my routine and VLC WOE!
Old 12-28-2012, 05:26 AM   #1204
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Morning all!got back home last night I'm like Cheryl glad its over so I can go back to normal...I did good over all,had a few cookies my h and grandchildren made,was very good.i had several rum with oj.few cheese with crackers I did not realize they were wheat .so now my face is swollen from that,but it's ok right back on track.this is my third day,but got a score throat and runny noise,hope it don't last long. I did gain 4 lbs so I went from 161.4 to 165.4 that's ok ill get it off.i don't like not being in keytois .hope all is good for you all. Now back on track for us..
Hi Cheryl.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:50 AM   #1205
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
That is great about your daughter Cheryl! Good for her!

Were your carbs wheat based? If you are sensitive to it, wheat can make your joints ache. White, brown, 'healthy' whole grain or whatever it is all the same thing.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:52 AM   #1206
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Becky

Rum and OJ???? Ugh!
Old 12-28-2012, 05:56 AM   #1207
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That is great about your daughter Cheryl! Good for her!

Were your carbs wheat based? If you are sensitive to it, wheat can make your joints ache. White, brown, 'healthy' whole grain or whatever it is all the same thing.
No Wheat, I have Celiacs. But my legs feel much better today
and I am back down 3 lbs, I gained 4
Old 12-28-2012, 05:56 AM   #1208
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Becky, Missed ya
Old 12-28-2012, 06:17 AM   #1209
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Red it was Malibu rum and oj coconut ..
Old 12-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #1210
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning gang.
Sounds like several of us are glad it is over and we can get back to our normal routines.
I am finally, barely back in ketosis and have lost the 2 lbs I put on plus 4/10's more to bring me down to exactly 184 which was my New Year's revised goal. At the beginning of Dec. I set it at 189 but December has been very kind to me on the scales, loss of 8.8 for this month and I still have a few days left, would be nice to make it a nice round 10!!! And a less round me

Yesterday I had coffee/CO, then roasted chicken for lunch. Dinner was tilapia followed by a mixture of greek yogurt and HWC plus some lemon flavoring.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #1211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb34
Re: waking between 1 and 3 am- high Cortisol

Quote:
I was listening to a Taubes with JM podcast and GT mentioned that he noticed when he ate spoon full of coconut butter before going to bed he quit waking up at 3am-ish with stressed out thoughts about stuff going on in his life. He said he might still wake up but he wouldn't lie awake gripped with racing thoughts (to paraphrase).

That is very interesting. Long time readers of our threads know that back in October, I think, I started ending my eating day with a T of CO because eating CO results in ketone production.

Several weeks ago I quit doing that when I was dealing with the first really tough bout of cigarette cravings because I went off plan to deal with the urges.

Anyway! Since GT mentioned it I noticed that I have been waking up and having a hard time getting back to sleep because my mind would race with stupid stuff. I just assumed that the early morning wake up thing was part of the LC experience that lots of people have - light sleep and less sleep - and the mind racing was just me and my fml existence atm.

I'm almost certain that I wasn't plagued with this when I was doing the CO as my last calories of the day several hours before going to bed. On or off plan I am going to start doing that again to find out if it is related for me.

Google 'llvlc439-gary-taubes' and GT brings it up at the 18:40 mark. He goes on to say that he wonders if the anxiety might be a manifestation of insulin/hunger response. Very interesting.

I wake every night between 1 and 3. This is a mark of high night time cortisol which is bad. I find if I take about 12.5 mg of pregnenolone at about 6pm in the evening and also a supplement called Relora, I don't stay awake after my eyes initially open at about 1:03 am. I'm easily able to drift off quickly again.

If I feel jittery and anxious or just really amped up and high energy, I can guarantee I will have poor sleep. I do everything I can imagine to be calm and have lower cortisol before I attempt sleeping. Computer and TV blue light also blocks the secretion of Melatonin in the brain which is the chemical which tells your body its time to sleep. IF you are a heavy computer user or TV watcher in the evening, try orange Blue Blocker glasses after 6PM. It can help reset your circadian rythm to conicide with the proper light wavelengths coming into your brain from your eyes.

Google - Jack Kruse - circadian cycles

You will probably find some fascinating info there. Way too much to create a synopsis of here.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #1212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hello everyone! Checking in and happy that everyone's getting back to "normal" whatever that is...

I made 12 quarts of chili for Christmas and the fam ate it all gone (with a little help from me). I had some corn torilla chips, a piece of apple pie and a few (3-5, I forget) mini peanut butter cups... AND a bottle of pinot noir over a 6 hour period. First time off plan since Thanksgiving day. It was good but I was way too full and felt very uneasy trying to sleep. I got right back on plan the next day and I didn't really feel any worse for the grains or beans, except for having a rough night of sleep. I still had low appetite the next day. This may falsely lead me to believe that I can "indulge" maybe once a month on something I've been missing (as long as it's not wheat). Of course I haven't weighed, I'm putting it off until Monday so I don't have a "spin-out".

I have noticed that I am tired of meat, or maybe I have no appetite at all? One of my favorite meals is Salmon (grilled) and salad with dressing, but it's hard to get that. I've been having some scrambled eggs for breakfast, and I did buy some 4% fat cottage cheese to try. I decided to wait on the yogurt. Today I thought I was hungry but the only thing I wanted was a tablespoon of coconut oil mixed with a tablespoon of peanut butter. Is that weird? It sure tasted good.

Buffy would you post a "typical" day or two of eating? You're doing so well, and I'm curious about your menu. I know it starts with coconut oil in your coffee.

Red, Cici, Southern Girl, shelley, Deborah, portcop, clueless, Deb34, Raven,

Hey Ya'll!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 12-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #1213
Big Yapper!!!!

Blonde, what is your chili recipe? Mine has lots of tomoto juice and beans, not LC at all. I would like to make some that is LC.

Ok, my typical day goes like this.

Since I am semi-retired and set my own hours, I get to sleep as late as I want. Have always been a night owl and always hated to get up early. I get up and start drinking my coffee with CO and that takes me through the rest of the morning. Anywhere from 11 to 1, I fix something to eat and more often than not, it might just be some meat that is either kind of fatty or I put butter on it. Then, I don't eat again until evening when again, I have some kind of meat/protein type food, maybe some LC veggies and will finish that with a diet root beer float or a fat bomb. If I have any sort of LC treat made up like brownies, etc, I will maybe have some of that but this month I have been so busy I haven't had time to make up anything. I did polish off a can of peanuts in about 1 week or so that we got as a Christmas gift, eating some each evening. We got a can of salted and a can of chocolate covered ones, which I immediately told DH to hide from me.

I haven't logged for a while b/c I was just too busy but maybe after the first, I will get back to that for a few days or more so that I know how many calories, grams of fats, protein, etc. that I am eating.

I am puzzled by what kicked my weight loss into high gear, I didn't eat any differently on purpose but I will say that each week I got further into NK the more my appetite decreased. Sometimes when I am just not hungry I will do a J Robb shake, made with almond milk and heavy whipping cream to get calories and protein in.

I NEVER thought I would be typing these words, I can tell you that. Have fought a big appetite most of my life.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #1214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
My chili's not LC either. I add beans and canned tomatoes and a jar of marinara (secret ingredient, marinara) but I also use a lot of meat. This year I used stew beef, ground beef and ground pork. Onions, anaheim chilis, cumin, chili powder. If you left out the beans it would be more low carb, I guess. Or you could add canned black soy beans but I've never tried that.

Thanks for the menu info, it kinda sounds like mine, although lately I've been eating 4% Cottage cheese and blanched slivered almonds. Today for lunch I had canned salmon with mayo, boiled egg, and dill pickle relish, scooped it up with a few pork skins. I may never eat again, lol.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #1215
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
It seems to be working for you, Buffy.

Just guessing portion sizes, it sounds like you are pretty low calorie,

CO 100-200
3 oz meat 150 plus fat 100
3 oz meat 150 plus fat 100, veggies 20-30 (buttered? 120)
fat bomb 100
nuts 200?

(maybe 900-1200?) unless your meat portions are larger.

Guess if you are getting enough protein, the rest is coming from body fat. Know you have been a bit under the weather but curious at to your energy level.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #1216
Big Yapper!!!!

Cici, I need to get back to logging just to be sure but my portions are larger than what you estimated. At least 3-4 T of CO and 4-5 oz when I fix meat portions. I am careful to make myself eat even when I am not hungry so that I don't go too low on calories. I also usually have one diet soda with HWC daily and don't hold back on the cream.

I have had a sinus infection so haven't felt the best but went to a chiro yesterday and after an adjustment my headache is better, will go back 2-3 more times.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #1217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Hi to all this Saturday evening. Buffy, you are amazing! WTG Deborah, you lost that so fast! I will weight in tomorrow and be done with it! So happy to be getting back home "for a while" and back to a routine. Hi Darin! Good for keeping the craving wolves at bay! Busted pipes, been there, not fun at Christmastime! Need to try that CO in the evening...will start with one teaspoon.... I reread Wheat Belly driving home from DB's house. I simply cannot eat wheat at all, it's a reaction in less than 2 hours! That test is final, done, I will not feel any future guilt telling anyone NO! Hi Cici! Sorry the stress is still coming your way...you will quit when you are ready. Hi Raven! Wicked drivers out, no bad roads for us, but still wicked drivers, in the Houston area the posted speed limit is meaningless, keep up is the goal! Glad you are safely back home Becky! Hi Cheryl, love the new avi! Deb, I have the same issue with waking between 1-3...my saliva test showed extremely high cortisol at night....been taking supplements to reduce that, Adreset. I have to get off computer or Kindle at least an hour before sleep. Thanks for the info, I will read. Hi Blonde! I made huge pot of chili and chicken/sausage gumbo we have living on the past ten days, in and out. This year I cut the beans, added pork, I use limited crushed tomatoes, lots of peppers, yellow, red, orange, to keep low carb, olive oil, it's very chunky, garlic, etc....but my favorite spice for it this year is San Antonio chili powder! I would think soy beans would not be optium, they aren't healthy for us unless fermented. Hi Shelly, yep, the pain of this has been nasty, but it was a good "experiment"....even though I have had wheat/corn/soy allergies since birth likely...I slip from time to time and think, "it won't be so bad this time"....definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results!

So happy to be back at home, been a whirlwind of in and out! As I thought, SIL doesn't really understand NK/LC, nahdah! My DB simply must get that he is killing himself with food; never saw a more miserable fellow! Stopped up, ears hurt, back is killing him, indigestion, fighting reflux for the 10th time, joints hurting, and he was falling asleep constantly!!! Told him a care package with Wheat Belly and Why we Get Fat was coming to him in a few days. They both complain of not sleeping!! Aaarggghhhh! In the middle of all of this DD2 has been having severe stomach/digestion issues, she is LC most of her life, I am afraid she is Celiac. Not classic symptoms, but we don't rely on just that anymore, she is having the 3rd round of testing on Wednesday...she is very, very slim right now, Mom is worried.
Glad to "see" everyone, I am "over" with Christmas too, but we celebrate the 12 Days of Christmas, but with less zest with the years. DD1 leaves for Austin tomorrow, taking little four paws with her, it's time! DH told me to freeze or chunk all the junk food (defined anything we don't normally eat)...he is past done with it all! Never had this happen before Jan 1 with him!
I am getting right back on track, no flu symptoms....even on a marathon shopping day in Houston proper since early today. Wow, would someone think to add a sign "Garage Full, don't circle looking for one" !!! ct
Old 12-30-2012, 04:27 AM   #1218
Major LCF Poster!

Souther Girl I know how ya feel. We are done with the junk round here too. My DD2 has tummy troubles too. I have wondered about Celiacs as me, my twin sis and my moms all have it. Oh yeah she informed me her jeans were too BIG TOO! She hasn't really been very LC but eats the same evening meal as the rest of us.

Well Great news for us. Hubby got into school on the trade act and will get his classes paid for. We have been sweating it a tad but kept positive and tried to have a great attitude so we are happy. Now for the hard part. School at 45
I already went back and finished my degree.
Glad he can do his while not holding down a full time job. It is a blessing for him to be away from that old job as well. We are hearing pretty bad things about the way the layoffs and such are going down. Some people have been let go that were very close to retirement and had in 40 + years for bogus reasons. I am glad he is away from that stress.

Sadly my neighbor has been diagnosed with esophogus cancer, we are very worried, he is 69.

Becky, how ya doing? I guess your busy with the store?
Are you doing MandE ?

Buffy you are on fire!!

Been a busy month.

I am ready for corned beef, side meat and cabbage but i will only have a bite of blackeyed peas.

Hi Red, How goes it?
Old 12-30-2012, 05:16 AM   #1219
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BigRunner
Stats: 247/190/168
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
S
Glad he can do his while not holding down a full time job. It is a blessing for him to be away from that old job as well. We are hearing pretty bad things about the way the layoffs and such are going down. Some people have been let go that were very close to retirement and had in 40 + years for bogus reasons. I am glad he is away from that stress.
Great attitude. I went through the same thing three years ago. Forced to move half way across the country to keep a job. I heard horror stories about the place I left regarding terminations, etc. My family and I were terrified about moving from the only place we had ever known. After the initial adjustment, we have NEVER been happier.

Best wishes as you go forward on your better life.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:46 AM   #1220
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Has anyone noticed that some of our low carb cheesecake recipes may come close to
being a 80-15-5 meal. Now wouldn't that be a hoot to be able to tell someone you lost
weight eating cheese cake 2 times a day!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #1221
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRunner View Post
Great attitude. I went through the same thing three years ago. Forced to move half way across the country to keep a job. I heard horror stories about the place I left regarding terminations, etc. My family and I were terrified about moving from the only place we had ever known. After the initial adjustment, we have NEVER been happier.

Best wishes as you go forward on your better life.
Thanks so much. We are looking at it as a blessing and the best thing that could happen!
I am glad you and your family are so happy. It is all scary but an adventure
Old 12-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #1222
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning everyone!
Good to be back home SG, I know how you feel. I always say I love to go but love more getting home. DS, DDIL and DGS were here from Austin since Friday night and just left. So now, our Christmas is officially over.

Cheryl, that is great news about your DH and school. I would imagine it will be hard to get back in the groove of school but good that he can do it without working at the same time.

EW good point on the cheesecake. I keep wanting to make one but don't need to be eating a whole one myself, maybe after New Year's when my DD's are both doing LC, I can make one and share.

Big, I had lived my whole life in one area until I was in my 30's and moved to TX, what an adjustment at that age, but so glad now.

Red, you are underground again, come out and say hello!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #1223
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BigRunner
Stats: 247/190/168
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Big, I had lived my whole life in one area until I was in my 30's and moved to TX, what an adjustment at that age, but so glad now.
We moved at age 40 from Michigan (born and raised) to Kansas. Love the milder winters. Took a couple of years to get used to the heat (don't remember more than a couple days in all those years in Michigan of temps over a hundred. Common here in Kansas). Now, we are even LESS tolerant of cold and talk about retiring further South.... Texas, New Mexico, or Arizona.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #1224
Senior LCF Member

Hi to All!
Cheryl, I have been researching the Celiacs again, they tried to stick that on me a long time ago, but back then if you didn't have the malnutrition from the lack of digestion and extreme BM issues....they would not firm diagnose it. It is still a rare diagnosis, however, research is showing more and more cases are reported now. There does appear to be a genetic link. Congrats for DH! Wonderful news! Not good for your neighbor - my Dad died from EC...late stage when we got the report, that was three years ago. They gave him a year, and he had a year...it was a great "bucket list" year. There are a few treatments available, sadly to say, they rarely work.
Hi BigRunner! Welcome! Come on down to Texas, we would love to have more join us here!
EW...I have thought the same thing while making our fat bombs, we call sweet scoops! Two new batches fresh in the frig!
Hey Buffy! DH and I have discussed the 12 Days of Christmas...and since our DDs are not living with us, are now back in their apartments, and the dogs can't fuss....we are starting to take all the Christmas down, exception we will leave the door wreath up. So we are officially calling it "99% over"! The older I get the less I want to put it all up....all Santa's helpers disappear when the putting up starts! Maybe a cruise next year!
Old 12-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #1225
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Hi to All!
Cheryl, I have been researching the Celiacs again, they tried to stick that on me a long time ago, but back then if you didn't have the malnutrition from the lack of digestion and extreme BM issues....they would not firm diagnose it. It is still a rare diagnosis, however, research is showing more and more cases are reported now. There does appear to be a genetic link. Congrats for DH! Wonderful news! Not good for your neighbor - my Dad died from EC...late stage when we got the report, that was three years ago. They gave him a year, and he had a year...it was a great "bucket list" year. There are a few treatments available, sadly to say, they rarely work.
Hi BigRunner! Welcome! Come on down to Texas, we would love to have more join us here!
EW...I have thought the same thing while making our fat bombs, we call sweet scoops! Two new batches fresh in the frig!
Hey Buffy! DH and I have discussed the 12 Days of Christmas...and since our DDs are not living with us, are now back in their apartments, and the dogs can't fuss....we are starting to take all the Christmas down, exception we will leave the door wreath up. So we are officially calling it "99% over"! The older I get the less I want to put it all up....all Santa's helpers disappear when the putting up starts! Maybe a cruise next year!
So sorry to hear about your Dad.
His wife told us the Dr sounded Grim. Wasn't at all encouraging.
She is extremly upset as she lost a husband to cancer 30 yrs ago and this is bringing back all that heartache for her.
I wish I knew something to do for them.
They say he will have a feeding tube for a good while.

I drug my helpers out last night to evacuate Christmas.
We got it all done in record time. Amazing how much faster it goes when we all chip in.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #1226
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Hi all! Just checking in, have been spending time with loved ones and gotten completely off track, whoops. Recommitted a couple days ago and have been feeling better, but my clothes are still "OMG I hope I don't split my pants when I sit down" tight.

Am reading through all the pages, hope yall had a good Christmas! I am LOVING Austin so far.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #1227
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
So sorry to hear about your Dad.
His wife told us the Dr sounded Grim. Wasn't at all encouraging.
She is extremly upset as she lost a husband to cancer 30 yrs ago and this is bringing back all that heartache for her.
I wish I knew something to do for them.
They say he will have a feeding tube for a good while.

I drug my helpers out last night to evacuate Christmas.
We got it all done in record time. Amazing how much faster it goes when we all chip in.
I feel for your neighbor. My StepMom and I talked about this over early morning coffee during our visit home after Christmas. The coulda-woulda-shoulda thoughts. I did not "recommend" "opinion" for my father's cancer treatment, as knowing this type is not the one you win the battle against. He knew my stand on treatments that work; he was my teacher for alternative medicines. I am 95% against chemotherapy based on clinical outcomes....it can improve outcomes for a few types of cancer. EC is not one of them; and it can ruin what quality time the patient has to enjoy life. There will be a feeding tube, Dad had his for 9/12 months. My wonderful StepMom made high protein whey, nutrient dense fluids for him, she was amazing in her quest to make his time remaining the best it could be. The one thing that is not really discussed with cancer patients is to cut all sugar...period. Sugar feeds cancer cells. Dad did okay with that part, until the last month. There are a few really promising alternative cancer treatments; IV absorbic acid therapy does show promise; sounds odd, but pineapple is fantastic for cancer patients, it contains bromelain, which have protease enzymes. Taking bromelain supplements is good too. Pineapple is twofold; it relieves side effects of chemo if taking that route; and it can halt cancer cell growth in some types of cancer. The best website to research alternatives is Health Sciences Institute. One of the best books is by Suzanne Sommers.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #1228
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Hi all! Just checking in, have been spending time with loved ones and gotten completely off track, whoops. Recommitted a couple days ago and have been feeling better, but my clothes are still "OMG I hope I don't split my pants when I sit down" tight.

Am reading through all the pages, hope yall had a good Christmas! I am LOVING Austin so far.
Hi Mizz! We have missed you! Glad you are enjoying Austin, my DD1 loves it too.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:31 AM   #1229
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
I feel for your neighbor. My StepMom and I talked about this over early morning coffee during our visit home after Christmas. The coulda-woulda-shoulda thoughts. I did not "recommend" "opinion" for my father's cancer treatment, as knowing this type is not the one you win the battle against. He knew my stand on treatments that work; he was my teacher for alternative medicines. I am 95% against chemotherapy based on clinical outcomes....it can improve outcomes for a few types of cancer. EC is not one of them; and it can ruin what quality time the patient has to enjoy life. There will be a feeding tube, Dad had his for 9/12 months. My wonderful StepMom made high protein whey, nutrient dense fluids for him, she was amazing in her quest to make his time remaining the best it could be. The one thing that is not really discussed with cancer patients is to cut all sugar...period. Sugar feeds cancer cells. Dad did okay with that part, until the last month. There are a few really promising alternative cancer treatments; IV absorbic acid therapy does show promise; sounds odd, but pineapple is fantastic for cancer patients, it contains bromelain, which have protease enzymes. Taking bromelain supplements is good too. Pineapple is twofold; it relieves side effects of chemo if taking that route; and it can halt cancer cell growth in some types of cancer. The best website to research alternatives is Health Sciences Institute. One of the best books is by Suzanne Sommers.
He will be doing what ever the Dr reccommends is my understanding. They are scheduling surgery this week and then she said he may have to have chemo or radiation. She wasn't sure. He seemed healthy as a horse always outside working but had a heart attack 2 yrs ago. Then the drs put him on all these meds and a low fat diet. He started coughing all the time from the meds. he always ate high fat but also had a serious love for sugar and ate bologna every day. We picked on him about bologna daily. But he cut out all the "bad foods" and did everything the Drs told him to do.
I don't know what could cause cancer but I know I do not trust all the rx meds the dr want to slap ya on.
Thanks for sharing and helping me.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:33 AM   #1230
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning ya'll
Closed Thread