Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 07:07 AM   #1021
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Welcome Raven. Yes, if Red ever gets his internet connection back, he will be here to help. Wow, I would be mad if I were him and down for this long, or, he is taking a well-deserved rest from us all

I saw another new low this morning, down almost another lb. Dec. really has been a good losing month for me after a very slow loss and small loss in Nov. Like everyone else, I am more than busy right now and between that and ketosis really zapping my appetite, I am doing well. I even had a protein shake yesterday since I needed the protein and it was the only thing that sounded good for my first meal. I have never been one to use shakes much as meal replacements b/c I wanted to "eat" something.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 07:45 AM   #1022
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bernsy
WOE: Atkins/Gary Taubes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Hi to all. Hi Bernsy! Wow, that's a lot of flax seed! Do you track on line with one of the several very good programs? You say you are going crazy, can you give more details? Have you figured out your macros yet?
Will check in later, just got pinged and have to go back to work!
Hey SouthernGirl,

It's only 1Tbsp of ground flax seed. Did I get the measurment wrong? I thought it would be 15grams per Tbsp.

My macros for a typical day around:
Yesterday = cals-1282, fat-106.4 gr, carb-20.5 gr (8.1 net) and pro-67.3 gr
Typical = cals-1231, fat-104.2 gr, carb-20.2 gr (8 net) and pro-60 gr
Old 12-19-2012, 08:01 AM   #1023
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
I have officially fallen off the wagon. Just decided that stressing about food was something I did not want to do for the next couple weeks. As I have not lost anything since October, I decided to go with the flow for the holidays and see which way the scale goes. Then decide what to do based on that. I am even taking a break from logging calories, etc. as that has truely become an obsession.

That said, I am happy to have some pretty good habits established and like this woe so don't expect to stray too far except for holiday events.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #1024
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Morning all I've been very busy with new store opening jan.2 getting ready for Christmas .leaving tommorrow for d in md for holiday all 3 of my children will be there been 19 years since we were all together .thats my present . I'm doing great on my eating I did a couple of days with lots of nuts but got back on track weigh is 161.6 I want to be down to 159 by the new year so I will work hard on that.lots of fat bombs when other is eating all that bad food I wil have fbombs...hope all of you have a great Christmas!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:19 AM   #1025
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
little ridge is getting a heart!! God is so good!!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #1026
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Hi everyone, Welcome newcomers and lurkers! Yes pretty slow this week but I do think it's because people are so busy. I'm checking in to say hi and report that I'm sticking like glue to this WOE. I have no room in my life for falling off the wagon. I recently re-read Wheat Belly, with fresh eyes (as one who has given up all grain) and it helps me stay strong.

Special thanks to those who check in everyday, day in and day out to keep this thread alive until January. ()

Hi CiCI! Love the new avi!
Congrats on new lows Buffy!
Amazing news Dazy!
Good Luck on your store Becky!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 12-19-2012 at 08:53 AM..
Old 12-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #1027
Big Yapper!!!!

Good for you Blonde for sticking like glue, you will be sooo happy when Jan. 1 rolls around!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #1028
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh shucks, Buffy, I'm happy now.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #1029
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Morning all....but it's probably afternoon for some of you.

Blonde...>LOVE that you are sticking with this WOE for the holidays. It's not easy, I know, but the way you will feel afterwards will make you soar with delight for not giving in to the "holiday" goodies! The best resort is to find an "alternative" that works.

Raven...welcome. Most of us are grain free, not just gluten free. So, you'll find lots of good company here! Hashi's is another thing many of the women here will have in common with you...lots of us are hypothyroid! They seem to go hand in hand.

Buffy...I'm so glad you are doing so well!!!!

Becky....hope you have a fabulous trip and FUN FUN FUN with your family. You deserve it.

Deborah/Major Red...I'm missing you!

Cici...absolutely LOVE your new photo! You are gorgeous!!!! I have 2 red-headed (strawberry blonde) sisters, so you make me homesick for them!

CT.....you work too hard!!! But I love your posts and am always happy to read all the good things you have to say.

I posted this on another thread, but will share it here in case some don't read all the NK threads.

This morning on TV was a test to see your age and something else. I tried it and failed miserably. Hubby would not even try it. But what you do is stand up...arms out in front of you for balance...cross your legs...and then lower yourself to the ground to sit. Do not change your arms...don't touch the ground with them. Now stand back up the way you went down....I couldn't budge at all! I was just a lump on the floor like I was glued to it! Don't try it unless you want to be horrified at how out of shape the body can get! I was shocked as I have always been physically active! Whoops....I have a lot of room for improvement and will be testing this often to try to regain some balance and strength to be able to do it! I'm sure some of you can....report in so I know I'm not alone.

I"m not testing ketones or B/G right now...just trying to lower calories into the range my trainer wants and adding in more veggies in place of fat. So far I'm holding my own. Dropped about 2# in the first couple days and am now "stalled" there.....but am holding for the time being and feeling good (except when sitting on the ground with my legs crossed and stuck!!!!) ha ha
Old 12-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #1030
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Morning all....but it's probably afternoon for some of you.

Blonde...>LOVE that you are sticking with this WOE for the holidays. It's not easy, I know, but the way you will feel afterwards will make you soar with delight for not giving in to the "holiday" goodies! The best resort is to find an "alternative" that works.

Raven...welcome. Most of us are grain free, not just gluten free. So, you'll find lots of good company here! Hashi's is another thing many of the women here will have in common with you...lots of us are hypothyroid! They seem to go hand in hand.

Buffy...I'm so glad you are doing so well!!!!

Becky....hope you have a fabulous trip and FUN FUN FUN with your family. You deserve it.

Deborah/Major Red...I'm missing you!

Cici...absolutely LOVE your new photo! You are gorgeous!!!! I have 2 red-headed (strawberry blonde) sisters, so you make me homesick for them!

CT.....you work too hard!!! But I love your posts and am always happy to read all the good things you have to say.

I posted this on another thread, but will share it here in case some don't read all the NK threads.

This morning on TV was a test to see your age and something else. I tried it and failed miserably. Hubby would not even try it. But what you do is stand up...arms out in front of you for balance...cross your legs...and then lower yourself to the ground to sit. Do not change your arms...don't touch the ground with them. Now stand back up the way you went down....I couldn't budge at all! I was just a lump on the floor like I was glued to it! Don't try it unless you want to be horrified at how out of shape the body can get! I was shocked as I have always been physically active! Whoops....I have a lot of room for improvement and will be testing this often to try to regain some balance and strength to be able to do it! I'm sure some of you can....report in so I know I'm not alone.

I"m not testing ketones or B/G right now...just trying to lower calories into the range my trainer wants and adding in more veggies in place of fat. So far I'm holding my own. Dropped about 2# in the first couple days and am now "stalled" there.....but am holding for the time being and feeling good (except when sitting on the ground with my legs crossed and stuck!!!!) ha ha
Hey Shelley! That test is so hard! One of the things I read a long time ago about "aging" said that people should literally 'practice' getting up and down off of the floor. Falling is bad, but being stuck is worse. Congrats on the weight loss!
Old 12-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #1031
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Wow becky 19 years. Thats a long time. You are getting a great present.
My weight is still hanging out at 158. It went up a lb or 2 during TOM but is back to my low. I am just gonna stay LC (and not worry about losing during Christmas. I just love LC! I feel so much better. I am never sluggish or droopy feeling.
Buffy you are really losing! Congrats!
Dazygrl great news.
CT,
Hope everyone is great!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #1032
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Hi to all! Hope everyone is doing okay today.
Hi Raven, you will find many here have thyroid issues, great support and excellent knowledge. Yes, grains, gluten cause interesting problems, a friend at work nearly lost his wife recently, she got down to 95lbs, had thousands of dollars of testing, and end result was severely gluten/grain allergies. She is now getting back to work, gaining weight, and living again!
Hi Buffy! I have noticed that we don't have as many "goodies" around this year, at work and home! Great news, less temptation, and less to lose come first of the year. 187 is fantastic! I bet making toffee involves muscles and walking back and forth too! Great way to lose weight, earning $$$ too!
Bernsy, if dry, I think it's 1 TBS is equal to 1/2 ounce. There is 28.4 grams in an ounce, so 1 TBS 14.1 grams, so I think you are correct. But to me, that's a lot. I tried 1 teaspoon once, and that was enough.
Cici, that's a beautiful pic of you! We will be here, check in with us. Breaks are good from time to time. I don't track at all, just wing it as best I can, it stressed me the two weeks I was tracking/measuring; but many are very good at it. Makes me think to much about eating, and that can bring back old bad habits! I need to always remember to simply eat to live, not to live to be possessed by food or mean-spirited scales!
Hi Becky! So excited for your new store! Hope you have a great trip!
Dazy! That is a tremendous thing, a new heart! Wow. Prayers answered. Your pic is so cute, they all have adorable smiles!
Hey Blonde! I plan to read Wheat Belly next week, I can hardly wait! I have had zero issues to far, and someone mentioned I need to make a Carrot Cake for Tuesday! Yeek....could be issues. Trying to figure out if I stick with G-Gma recipe, or try to alter it a bit. Opinions???
Hi Shelley! Whoever invented that "test" must have had something to pitch for $$$!! Now, I do squats all the time working in the garden, (former catcher in softball too), and if you don't do those all the time, this would not really be possible. There are better test for true aging...but staying flexible is good for us! Do not let this bum you out! I stretch five min here and there, on calls, webinars, etc...it all adds up! Also, healthcare is now teaching older adults how to fall...very important to do correctly (laugh, go ahead!!), and we can control some of the action pattern!
Hi Cheryl! I agree with staying LC and not getting too excited about a few things here and there. Hope you are staying well....at least you may get a break from the germs in a few days, sometimes that's all it takes!
It's TIME, send out a search party for Darin! RED!!!!

Last edited by SouthernGirl61; 12-19-2012 at 07:45 PM..
Old 12-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #1033
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks, sg61. the older two have decided it's ok to smile again. they went thru a stoic, too cool to smile phase.

if you could say a prayer for ridge, that would be great. heart was to arrive at 6pm (st louis children's)...then it got delayed to 8:30. just heard again and it's now delayed till 9:45. there is weather in the area so prayers that it can arrive before it's too late as it can only be outside the body 4-6 hrs.

Last edited by dazygyrl; 12-19-2012 at 07:57 PM..
Old 12-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #1034
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
thanks, sg61. the older two have decided it's ok to smile again. they went thru a stoic, too cool to smile phase.

if you could say a prayer for ridge, that would be great. heart was to arrive at 6pm (st louis children's)...then it got delayed to 8:30. just heard again and it's now delayed till 9:45. there is weather in the area so prayers that it can arrive before it's too late as it can only be outside the body 4-6 hrs.
You just got it! Those teams are really good at making deadlines, keep a positive spirit!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #1035
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thank you.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:21 AM   #1036
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RavenG
Stats: 305/184.6/160 or 28/10/8 - Whichever Comes First!
WOE: Atkins/Primal/Paleo
Start Date: June 2006
Good Morning Everyone!

I really have to remember to take measurements when I get frustrated with the scale not moving.....although I've been playing around with the same 1-2 pounds for a month now my measurements have gone done 5 inches. I'll take that In the long run the measurements are probably a better indicator of success as that's what will get me into smaller clothes!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:41 AM   #1037
Major LCF Poster!

Hehehe
I saw a little loss this am. 157.5
half a lb

Where is Red? I am gettin worried now!

be careful Becky on you trip and have fun
Check in if ya can
Old 12-20-2012, 05:05 AM   #1038
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Way to go Cheryl ! you are doing great .maybe someday I will catch you... I'm still at 161.6 I did eat a bag of pork rinds yesterday and did not gain..that's. plus..
Well leaving this morning for md...see ll y'all later
Old 12-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #1039
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Yes, I am wondering where Red is too, surely he has his internet up and running by now???

Dazy, please give us an update, praying that all went well for you and your family.

Cheryl, great to hear about your loss.

I had another lb bite the dust too, I have had such a great rate of loss this month that I am baffled but so happy. I think perhaps this is a rebound of sticking to the program well in Nov. but only seeing a 1-2 lb loss during that whole month, now my body is releasing the weight. Whatever, I am taking it. Now, setting new goal of 185 by New Years. And, I want to get my lazy self out the door and back to walking several days a week. I need that to go with my weight loss. And, it will make my diabetic dr. so happy if I report to him that I am walking.

Safe travels Becky!

Yes Raven, remember to measure. Funny how sometimes when the scale is stubborn the inches are coming off and like right now that the scale is moving for me, it seems the inches are staying the same? In the end, it is the inches that count and how our clothing fits us.

SG, I got frustrated at the end of Nov. with such a slow rate of loss that I made myself get back to tracking, well, that lasted about 2 days and then I got so busy with the holidays that I quit tracking but like you, just made sure what I was eating was the right thing. It is important to track when you first start or if you stall to help you figure out what your body needs/wants/can handle, etc. but so much less stressful if you can do it without tracking. Of course, sometimes it is fun to track and see how things add up and some people really enjoy that, I do at times.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #1040
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thank you for asking, buffy. his heart arrived at 10:15 last night. by 12:50 this morning, they removed him from bypass and his new heart began beating.

i asked ridge's mama how things were this morning...she said 'amazing! it's not even a day after surgery and he is awake and happy. praise the lord!"
Old 12-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #1041
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
thank you for asking, buffy. his heart arrived at 10:15 last night. by 12:50 this morning, they removed him from bypass and his new heart began beating.

i asked ridge's mama how things were this morning...she said 'amazing! it's not even a day after surgery and he is awake and happy. praise the lord!"
Wow, what a miracle!!!! Great news!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #1042
Major LCF Poster!

Do ya think Red Is Leaving us?
Old 12-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #1043
Major LCF Poster!

Buffy?? Dang Girl you got the WOOSHES!

Congrats!
Old 12-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #1044
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mobear
Stats: 235/195/LESS
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: 9/2010
Dazygrl I am so happy that things are going good! Our prayers continue
Old 12-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #1045
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Surely he couldn't leave US???
Old 12-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #1046
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Congrats!
I know, I am so happy and told my DD that I was almost afraid I was going to wake up and find it was a dream! This is not normal for me at all.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #1047
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Congrats!
Love this!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #1048
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Bite your tongue!!!!!! No way! Us???? Leave us???? Not a chance, but I do hope he gets that computer up and running soon!!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #1049
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Somehow I missed all this information, but I'm thrilled that the outcome was superb!!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #1050
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey I miss Red, too. This is weird.

Let's talk food. I am getting my NK info from this thread since I don't have the Phinney book. Since I started I have stayed away from yogurt and cottage cheese, 2 things I love very much and I'm missing them. Is it okay to eat these foods as long as it's the full fat variety or is it better to stay away completely? I know I have put so many restrictions on myself already. Any opinions?
Closed Thread