Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #991
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
I posted this more in-depth on another thread under the same title, but just thought I'd post here too since I check this thread the most frequently.

I've become noticeably more forgetful lately. I do eat carbs, but is it possible to under fuel your brain by eating too few? I thought the body did not need carbohydrates at all.
What SG said plus...

How many calories are you eating a day now a days? I think you can starve your brain by starving your body.

Phinney has been pretty clear about carbs not being an essential nutrient but he is also very clear about NK being a sustainable way of eating and carbs providing the necessary variety to keep the woe from failure through tedium.

You might double check your supplements too. Have you changed brands since you noticed the absent mindedness?

And SG is so right about this being a stress issue not really related to diet. Take care of yourself Deborah. If you are feeling forgetful, grab the nearest child and get a random hug. A quick smooch is okay but be prepared to duck away from the eldest.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #992
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Hi Deborah, technically our bodies can do without carbs, if they are using fat/protein to create glucose in an efficient manner. Nothing wrong with increasing those to close to 50g and stay in NK if you don't feel well. Make it good carbs, veggies, nuts, maybe low glycemic fruit. Perhaps the forgetfulness is unrelated to dietary side, consider the stress you and your family have been under in recent weeks...often time going through the grief process, all stages, takes a toll on us. Memory can be affected, in fact, complete loss of memory of the early stages from the onset of grief. When both my parents died, I remember reading emails that showed I wrote them, but I had no memory at all of writing them. That was after two, three weeks at times...I would allow yourself time to get well-past all the grief, relax, increase complex Vit B supplement, as that is vital to our brain health as well as heart. Go easy on yourself.
Beautifully explained and written!!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #993
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Interesting a out the memory problems, I just went through a period of that same thing, had me worried at my age. Seems a little better now
Old 12-17-2012, 05:58 AM   #994
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Good Morning to All! Ah, been very quite on the thread the last few days. Many somber times this weekend. Quiet reflection this time of year, which I enjoy, as it seems the frenzy holiday prep was getting to be too much. We enjoyed rain, which is such a gift for us, our ground is like a brick.
Buffy, I hope your trip to Austin was OK, the weather seemed awful for a while. Are you winding down on the toffee making, or still geared up?
Darin, hope today is your lucky day for getting the internet back up and running. We went down several long periods around those darn hurricanes, it was not pleasant. Thank goodness for air cards! And....I think right now, we all need random hugs!
Hi Shelley, hope you are doing okay! How are the diet changes going for you? I am researching metabolic changes from under-eating right now....lots of clinicals/research available, just wading through it all.
Sophie, Blonde?? Mary, Dazy, how are you all doing? Mizz, hope your are landed safety in Austin and had a good flight, if there is such a thing these days!
Deborah, Cheryl, Becky, Paula, Tablis, Arlene, Brandi, Kim....hope your busy days are going well!
Oceana, are you well yet? Did your visit to the doc help??? Worried about you.
I am enjoying the cooler weather this morning, will walk over to the main house and see how today will go. Check in later.

Last edited by SouthernGirl61; 12-17-2012 at 06:00 AM..
Old 12-17-2012, 06:38 AM   #995
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Quote:
Perhaps the forgetfulness is unrelated to dietary side, consider the stress you and your family have been under in recent weeks...often time going through the grief process, all stages, takes a toll on us. Memory can be affected,.
I hope I didn't already post this here (darn memory, lol), but SG, your words ring so true. I just went through an incredible amount of stress, and of course, it hasn't all magically disappeared. It is better though. Makes sense that it's still taking my brain time to get back to thinking about the things it used to before all the other junk happened. But thank God, it IS getting better. Thank you for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
What SG said plus...
How many calories are you eating a day now a days? I think you can starve your brain by starving your body.
Hi Red. I eat to satiety these days. Sometimes that's low calories, really low. But it seems to balance out with high calorie days. Yesterday I probably had a little less than 2000 calories. I didn't plan for them, but my body didn't care because it wanted them. Most of the food was decently healthy. But some of those calories MIGHT have been from cake.

Wait, this bad memory problem might serve a good purpose after all! Yeah, that's it...I might have eaten cake last night, I just don't remember! Buying that story?
Old 12-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #996
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Good Morning to All! Ah, been very quite on the thread the last few days. Many somber times this weekend. Quiet reflection this time of year, which I enjoy, as it seems the frenzy holiday prep was getting to be too much. We enjoyed rain, which is such a gift for us, our ground is like a brick.
Buffy, I hope your trip to Austin was OK, the weather seemed awful for a while. Are you winding down on the toffee making, or still geared up?
Darin, hope today is your lucky day for getting the internet back up and running. We went down several long periods around those darn hurricanes, it was not pleasant. Thank goodness for air cards! And....I think right now, we all need random hugs!
Hi Shelley, hope you are doing okay! How are the diet changes going for you? I am researching metabolic changes from under-eating right now....lots of clinicals/research available, just wading through it all.
Sophie, Blonde?? Mary, Dazy, how are you all doing? Mizz, hope your are landed safety in Austin and had a good flight, if there is such a thing these days!
Deborah, Cheryl, Becky, Paula, Tablis, Arlene, Brandi, Kim....hope your busy days are going well!
Oceana, are you well yet? Did your visit to the doc help??? Worried about you.
I am enjoying the cooler weather this morning, will walk over to the main house and see how today will go. Check in later.
Thanks Southern Girl.
You are always so thoughtful.

Today has calmed down a little.
But now one has the flu
Old 12-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #997
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I hope I didn't already post this here (darn memory, lol), but SG, your words ring so true. I just went through an incredible amount of stress, and of course, it hasn't all magically disappeared. It is better though. Makes sense that it's still taking my brain time to get back to thinking about the things it used to before all the other junk happened. But thank God, it IS getting better. Thank you for your kind words.

Hi Red. I eat to satiety these days. Sometimes that's low calories, really low. But it seems to balance out with high calorie days. Yesterday I probably had a little less than 2000 calories. I didn't plan for them, but my body didn't care because it wanted them. Most of the food was decently healthy. But some of those calories MIGHT have been from cake.

Wait, this bad memory problem might serve a good purpose after all! Yeah, that's it...I might have eaten cake last night, I just don't remember! Buying that story?
Old 12-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #998
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning all.
Toffee making is still in high gear for one more week. I have orders all week and will be making it most days. Still have a few things to finish up for Christmas gifts but not much. Have a little Christmas program for one of the DGS's on Thursday.

I slept quite late this morning, after our trip to Austin, the birthday party and trip back home and I was down another 1/2 lb this morning. I did good yesterday, had exactly 1 bite of cake, no more. Rest was veggies, dip, cheese, etc.

Red, hope your internet connection gets fixed today, anxious to hear how you are doing as well.

This is going to be a busy, stressful week for many of you with many temptations to eat off plan. Try to do the very best you can, the more you eat off plan, the more tempted you will be to do it again and again. You don't want to undo all the work you have been putting into this and, it isn't like you have to go hungry by turning down the tempting carb laden foods, and remember, that kind of food is always out there, this isn't the last and only chance you will ever have to eat it, is it worth getting out of ketosis and the tight control it gives you over your appetite? Nope, not for me!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #999
Big Yapper!!!!

Was just thinking about our thread being pretty slow these days and thought, wait until about January 2nd,
Old 12-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #1000
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post

This is going to be a busy, stressful week for many of you with many temptations to eat off plan. Try to do the very best you can, the more you eat off plan, the more tempted you will be to do it again and again. You don't want to undo all the work you have been putting into this and, it isn't like you have to go hungry by turning down the tempting carb laden foods, and remember, that kind of food is always out there, this isn't the last and only chance you will ever have to eat it, is it worth getting out of ketosis and the tight control it gives you over your appetite? Nope, not for me!
Old 12-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #1001
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GoIrishGo
Hey Everyone. I've been lurking for about a week, and just joined a few minutes ago. I've been doing NK for about a week and have a few questions. I've done a lot of reading so if I missed something it wasn't without trying to find it first :-)

I am male, 36, current weight about 265 but that could be lower, I have not stepped on a scale in a few days. I am a long time LC dieter.. up and down, so very familiar with Ketosis and LC in general ( Atkins ).

Male
Height 5'10.5
Weight 265
Activity - Low ( desk job 10 hours a day )
Workout routine - Nothing as of now, was doing weight training but stopped
Goal weight - 200, but honestly I could probably weigh 190, I don't know

My question is, how many calories should I eat? When I put my info in to the BMR calculators online I get a BMR of 1900 calories. But, when I use the formula ( Goal_weight/2.2)*30 for sedentary, I get 2700, or if I multiple by 35 in that formula I get 3200 calories. Seems like a LOT.

I am tracking everything I am eating and trying to keep my ratio at 80/15/5. But I am only eating around 1900 calories... that's what I thought was correct.

Anyone care to shed any light on this?

Another question :-)
When I was on atkins forum in the past and had a hard time losing I was told to "watch out for cream, nuts, sugar free sweetners, and excess cheese. But on this forum it seems that those are great sources for many to get fat calories up. I've been eating over the past week a lot of macadamia nuts, almost butters, cream, butter, truvia, coconut oil etc. Is this is a bad idea? I am only eating REAL foods ( no fake processed low carb products ) and my diet is pretty clean I think. Today, this is what I've eaten so far..
Breakfast
Coffee with 3TB cream
snack- 1 oz pine nuts
Lunch
Romaine salad with blue cheese dressing and blue cheese crumbles
Snack
10 olives with 1 oz cheese
dinner
5 oz chicken breast 1/4 cup mayo

Then I will have another snack when I get home form work to up my totals for the day
Old 12-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #1002
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
DITTO!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #1003
Big Yapper!!!!

Irish, when Red gets internet connection and gets back on, he can help you with your calories, etc.

As far what you eat, the nuts, dairy, etc., that is definitely a YMMV type of thing, I am able to eat them, some can and some can't.

Great to have you here, welcome!
Old 12-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #1004
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Why didn't I think of that when it happened to me!!
Old 12-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #1005
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Was just thinking about our thread being pretty slow these days and thought, wait until about January 2nd,
Exactly my thoughts earlier today! JUST WAIT until then! And I love your earlier post too...it's not worth it to "let go just for a few days"....maybe for one treat on Christmas Day, but after I do all the "getting ready" and cooking, I am not usually that hungry!
Old 12-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #1006
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoIrishGo View Post
Hey Everyone. I've been lurking for about a week, and just joined a few minutes ago. I've been doing NK for about a week and have a few questions. I've done a lot of reading so if I missed something it wasn't without trying to find it first :-)

I am male, 36, current weight about 265 but that could be lower, I have not stepped on a scale in a few days. I am a long time LC dieter.. up and down, so very familiar with Ketosis and LC in general ( Atkins ).

Male
Height 5'10.5
Weight 265
Activity - Low ( desk job 10 hours a day )
Workout routine - Nothing as of now, was doing weight training but stopped
Goal weight - 200, but honestly I could probably weigh 190, I don't know

My question is, how many calories should I eat? When I put my info in to the BMR calculators online I get a BMR of 1900 calories. But, when I use the formula ( Goal_weight/2.2)*30 for sedentary, I get 2700, or if I multiple by 35 in that formula I get 3200 calories. Seems like a LOT.

I am tracking everything I am eating and trying to keep my ratio at 80/15/5. But I am only eating around 1900 calories... that's what I thought was correct.

Anyone care to shed any light on this?

Another question :-)
When I was on atkins forum in the past and had a hard time losing I was told to "watch out for cream, nuts, sugar free sweetners, and excess cheese. But on this forum it seems that those are great sources for many to get fat calories up. I've been eating over the past week a lot of macadamia nuts, almost butters, cream, butter, truvia, coconut oil etc. Is this is a bad idea? I am only eating REAL foods ( no fake processed low carb products ) and my diet is pretty clean I think. Today, this is what I've eaten so far..
Breakfast
Coffee with 3TB cream
snack- 1 oz pine nuts
Lunch
Romaine salad with blue cheese dressing and blue cheese crumbles
Snack
10 olives with 1 oz cheese
dinner
5 oz chicken breast 1/4 cup mayo

Then I will have another snack when I get home form work to up my totals for the day
Welcome Irish! Well, we girls usually pass off the technical stuff to Darin! DARIN!!! Where are you???
IMHO, it's an individual thing, if cheese/creams/nuts assist you or stall you. I eat them all. HWC in coffee is my sanity in the morning, with coconut cream too. I have an few small pieces of cheese if I get hungry some days. Nuts can be a real trigger for me, exception of mac nuts, I can eat about 12 and be full fast. I use truvia/stevia drops/splenda, but not a lot really, I have one diet coke during the day, and drink all of it if I don't leave it somewhere. I do not know the nutrition values of pine nuts, as the last time I ate some I ended up in the ED, apparently I am deathly allergic. Be careful with salad dressings, they are usually full of soy, soy is not good for men at all, not good for anyone; it acts like estrogen in our bodies. Didn't want to know that didya!? I love cream cheese, until this WOE I never would have eaten it straight from the package, but if I need to get full fast and fill a sweet need, it does it for me. My DH loves it, for him I blend with pecans, cinnamon, butter toffee stevia, mix up and keep in refrig for fat bombs. Made one with HWC, CC, dark choco powder and raspberry stevia tonight. Very yummy. Try to eat fatty meats, that does the best for me. Have you tried the CO yet? Start slow if you do, most have tummy issues with too much at first. I use it to cook, but cannot drink it down. Good for you tracking, I am horrible at that. ct

Last edited by SouthernGirl61; 12-17-2012 at 06:41 PM..
Old 12-18-2012, 05:44 AM   #1007
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bernsy
WOE: Atkins/Gary Taubes
Hi guys, need your help. Yesterday my numbers were: cals-1282, fat-106.4 gr, carb-20.5 gr (8.1 net) and pro-67.3 gr. Today it looks like my numbers will be: cals-1231, fat-104.2 gr, carb-20.2 gr (8 net) and pro-60 gr.

Protein is usually a little higher, in the 70's. 2tbsp of coconut oil, 1tbsp olive oil, butter. Am I eating too little? Is it too much fat? My clothes are all getting tighter by the day! I am at a loss and in tears about it. What do I do? I am afraid to increase cals - don't know where to go with fat - should I reduce it? get rid of the coconut oil?

Please help - anybody.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:04 AM   #1008
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Are you eating cheese nuts or hwc? Nuts make me gain.i can do 1 oz cheese but any more I will not lose.hwc I can do but some can't...I eat about the same as you,I lose good one week then next nothing..post what you are eating .i do about 4-6 tbs co a day never been a problem for me..
Old 12-18-2012, 06:27 AM   #1009
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernsy View Post
Hi guys, need your help. Yesterday my numbers were: cals-1282, fat-106.4 gr, carb-20.5 gr (8.1 net) and pro-67.3 gr. Today it looks like my numbers will be: cals-1231, fat-104.2 gr, carb-20.2 gr (8 net) and pro-60 gr.

Protein is usually a little higher, in the 70's. 2tbsp of coconut oil, 1tbsp olive oil, butter. Am I eating too little? Is it too much fat? My clothes are all getting tighter by the day! I am at a loss and in tears about it. What do I do? I am afraid to increase cals - don't know where to go with fat - should I reduce it? get rid of the coconut oil?

Please help - anybody.
Hi Bernsy, sometimes it isn't the numbers up there that count...what are you eating specifcally? you could be retaining water too. What supplements do you take? are you drinking adequate water? Are you tracking body measurements from day1 to now? Scales report what movements? For me, it's protein first, then carbs 20ish, then fat as needed...some are different. What is your range on protein?
Old 12-18-2012, 06:30 AM   #1010
Senior LCF Member

This is a great short version of the Dr Oz show when he finally accepted the facts, and allowed a discussion on cholestrol myths:

MYTH #1: High cholesterol is the cause of heart disease.
FACT: Cholesterol is a fairly insignificant player in heart disease.

MYTH #2: High cholesterol is a good predictor of heart attacks.
FACT: High cholesterol is a lousy predictor of heart attacks. Half the people admitted to hospitals with heart disease have normal cholesterol, and plenty of people with elevated cholesterol have perfectly healthy hearts.

MYTH #3: Lowering cholesterol with statin drugs will prolong your life.
FACT: There is no data showing statins have any impact on longevity.

MYTH #4: Statin drugs are perfectly safe.
FACT: Statin drugs have significant side effects, including loss of memory and libido, muscle pain and fatigue, and approximately 65% of doctors don't report those side effects.1

MYTH #5: Statin drugs are appropriate for men, women, children, and the elderly.
FACT: The only group in which statins have been shown to have even a modest effect is in middle-aged men who've already had a heart attack. If you're not in that group, you've got no business on a statin drug.

MYTH #6: Saturated fat is dangerous.
FACT: Saturated fat is mostly neutral and may even have some health benefits. Recent peer-reviewed studies have shown no association of saturated fat with heart disease.3

MYTH# 7: The higher your cholesterol, the shorter your lifespan.
FACT: In the Framingham Study, the people who actually lived the longest had the highest cholesterol.

MYTH #8: A high-carbohydrate diet protects you from heart disease.
FACT: Diets that substitute carbohydrates for saturated fat actually increase the risk for heart disease.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:11 AM   #1011
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for the cholesterol post!

Nothing new or different this morning to report. Weight was 188.8, back up that half a lb which means nothing, just the usual bounce back and forth. Like that it stayed 188 something though. Ketones were low for me this morning at only 0.5. Probably a little too many little taste tests of the toffee I am making, and seriously, when you sell a product, you really do have to make sure it is right before it gets to the customer. I made 15 lbs yesterday which means 6 little bites. I have to say, I like my little toffee business during the holidays but am ready for it to be over and next week to be here.

My appetite is very small so kind of hard to make sure I get enough protein, never in my life until NK have I had this problem. Both nice and hard at the same time. Hard to think of anything that sounds good to fix or even buy to eat.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:03 AM   #1012
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sasonnier
Stats: 146/143.6/115ish
Start Date: 10/24/12
Hey all! I am gonna post some lab results I just got back- I'm hoping some of you might be able to help me decipher the results??

I dont' need you guys to tell me that my D is low:

Test Description
Vitamin D, results: 36.1; Range 30.0-100.0 ng/mL

The next one is where I could use some guidance:

Test Description
TSH004264 Result: 2.29; Range: 0.450-4.500 uIU/mL
Triiodothyronine,Free,Serum010389 Result: 2; Range: 2.0-4.4 pg/mL
T4,Free(Direct)019745 Result: 0.99; Range: 0.82-1.77 ng/dL

I'm assuming these are all on the lowish side??? does this mean that I could get some kind of treatment that might help me along?
Old 12-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #1013
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RavenG
Stats: 305/184.6/160 or 28/10/8 - Whichever Comes First!
WOE: Atkins/Primal/Paleo
Start Date: June 2006
I'd like to give this a try. Could someone help me with my numbers?

46 Year Old Female
Large Frame
Height 5'8"
Current Weight - 188
Goal Weight - 160
Normal Carb Intake is between 25-30
Fairly Sedentary - Desk Job with some walking around the building

I've been lowcarb since 2005/2006 with the exception of about a year and a half after I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease and instead of staying lowcarb I tried eating all of the gluten free processed junk. My calories have been very low for years so I'm hoping upping them might help with weight loss. I got to 172 several years ago and maintained until the Celiac Diagnosis. I'd like to get down to 160. I'm Paleo for the most part as I don't eat grains or dairy.

Thanks In Advance!
Lisa
Old 12-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #1014
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bernsy
WOE: Atkins/Gary Taubes
I'm not new to LC. Started Nov 2004 and lost 50lbs and kept it off for quite some time. Felt unhealthy and weight coming back on and thought that I was getting next to nothing in fat and probably too much protein so I moved over to Atkins and now I've found you guys. A typical day is:
15gr Ground Flax Seed
1tsp Cod Liver Oil
1Tbsp Coconut Oil
B = 2 eggs + 6 or 12gr butter, coffee w/stevia or splenda
L =
70gr Avocado
59gr Mushrooms
48gr Green Pepper
4oz Ground Chicken Meat Loaf (homemade)
1Tbsp Olive oil, a spritz of Lemon and some Franks Red Hot
D =
1Tbsp Coconut Oil
6oz Chicken Thigh
88gr Broccoli
maybe 6gr butter

5 or 6 bottles of water/day
Push ups, crunches and some weights - not enough to do anything (I don't think)
400mg Magnesium Bisglycinate

Your help is most appreciated. I feel like I am going crazy!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #1015
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasonnier View Post
Hey all! I am gonna post some lab results I just got back- I'm hoping some of you might be able to help me decipher the results??

I dont' need you guys to tell me that my D is low:

Test Description
Vitamin D, results: 36.1; Range 30.0-100.0 ng/mL

The next one is where I could use some guidance:

Test Description
TSH004264 Result: 2.29; Range: 0.450-4.500 uIU/mL
Triiodothyronine,Free,Serum010389 Result: 2; Range: 2.0-4.4 pg/mL
T4,Free(Direct)019745 Result: 0.99; Range: 0.82-1.77 ng/dL

I'm assuming these are all on the lowish side??? does this mean that I could get some kind of treatment that might help me along?
Hi Sophie....I posted my comments on the other thread.....
Old 12-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #1016
Big Yapper!!!!

Red still must not have connections! Missing you Red.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #1017
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sasonnier
Stats: 146/143.6/115ish
Start Date: 10/24/12
whoa- never have i ever seen this thread move so slowly...
Old 12-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #1018
Senior LCF Member

Hi to all. Sophie, you are right on, our thread seems to be going slow for us! But it's a busy week, we are going out of town on Saturday-Sunday, trying to get holiday prep ahead of that short graduation party!
Buffy, I cannot imagine making all that toffee and not spot checking it! But you are doing great, no bounce yet, that's a good thing!
Sophie, find a good DO if you can...your numbers may seem normal to some MDs, but mix in the symptoms, your age, etc, and you may need some fine tuning with meds.
Welcome Raven! Prof Darin is the expert on the macros, hopefully he will check in soon. NK should improve your Celiac, the first long post of the month has excellent information....get your protein down, keep carbs low, and add fat as you need so you aren't hungry. Sounds easy, but it's different for all of us, and you need to be prepared to tweak it for you, and be patient the first few weeks while your body catches up!
Darin, haven't you run up the street screaming for the internet repair folks yet???
Hi Bernsy! Wow, that's a lot of flax seed! Do you track on line with one of the several very good programs? You say you are going crazy, can you give more details? Have you figured out your macros yet?
Will check in later, just got pinged and have to go back to work!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:59 AM   #1019
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RavenG
Stats: 305/184.6/160 or 28/10/8 - Whichever Comes First!
WOE: Atkins/Primal/Paleo
Start Date: June 2006
Quote:
Welcome Raven! Prof Darin is the expert on the macros, hopefully he will check in soon. NK should improve your Celiac, the first long post of the month has excellent information....get your protein down, keep carbs low, and add fat as you need so you aren't hungry. Sounds easy, but it's different for all of us, and you need to be prepared to tweak it for you, and be patient the first few weeks while your body catches up!
Thanks for the welcome! I've been lurking for a bit and reading as much as possible but it can get a little confusing I have the added complication of having Hashimoto's Disease on top of the Celiac so I'm resigned to the fact that I'm probably going to have to tweak everything. Getting off all grains has really helped tremendously with both conditions. So many of the things I was battling were tied up with Celiac that I would never have considered to be tied to gluten (joint pain, rashes, bloating, etc.). I feel amazing....just having trouble getting the rest of this weight off. Patience has never been one of my strong suits but I know I didn't gain it all over night and I'm not going to lose it that way either. But I'm willing to put in the time and the effort!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:02 AM   #1020
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasonnier View Post
whoa- never have i ever seen this thread move so slowly...
Funny isn't it? Everyone is either too busy, or has fallen off their WOE but come Jan. it will be busier than ever.
Closed Thread