Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #961
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,747
Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: Plant-Based Vegetarian~9/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
"Blonde, I have several "soapbox" posts on statins...I'm certain in both October and November threads....they are very dangerous, and women have more potential for muscle damage as well. Notice to health care this week, should be out by FDA soon (they move at the speed of cold honey pouring from a jar...) is that statins can cause Type II diabetes, and make it worse if you have it. Total Cholestrol is nearly a useless number....Trigs & HDL should be markers, if you care, to follow. Cholestrol is not caused by diet, and statins do not reduce the risk of heart disease. Inflammation is the problem. Now, your BS is high...and lucky you, NK and LC are the first line of defense for both."
SouthernGirl61

Thank you SG, I will go back and try to find your posts. I'm a little surprised by my blood glucose reading. I've never seen it that high. I will not go quietly on this, I hate to take RX drugs. I'm already taking 2 BP RX's.

The funny thing about all of this is that I FEEL FANTASTIC. I will admit that my first thought was "Oh no, all that fat I've been eating", but I'm not going to throw the baby out with the bath water.
__________________
September 2014 Plant-Based Vegetarian

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #962
Senior LCF Member
 
SouthernGirl61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 462
Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
"Blonde, I have several "soapbox" posts on statins...I'm certain in both October and November threads....they are very dangerous, and women have more potential for muscle damage as well. Notice to health care this week, should be out by FDA soon (they move at the speed of cold honey pouring from a jar...) is that statins can cause Type II diabetes, and make it worse if you have it. Total Cholestrol is nearly a useless number....Trigs & HDL should be markers, if you care, to follow. Cholestrol is not caused by diet, and statins do not reduce the risk of heart disease. Inflammation is the problem. Now, your BS is high...and lucky you, NK and LC are the first line of defense for both."
SouthernGirl61

Thank you SG, I will go back and try to find your posts. I'm a little surprised by my blood glucose reading. I've never seen it that high. I will not go quietly on this, I hate to take RX drugs. I'm already taking 2 BP RX's.

The funny thing about all of this is that I FEEL FANTASTIC. I will admit that my first thought was "Oh no, all that fat I've been eating", but I'm not going to throw the baby out with the bath water.
What test did they run for BS? I would not rely on one test.
SouthernGirl61 is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #963
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 867
Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
Shelley, I made this tonight. Yum. I would like to use some Davinici syrup next time. I put in a real fancy dish and put some whipped cream on top. Felt guilty, but wasn't!!!!!

Arlene
fabulous Arlene!!!! I never thought of putting whipping cream on top, only butter. I have used the SF Davinci's and less chocolate, adding in caramel or butterscotch syrups.....yum is right. So happy you enjoyed it!
shelley is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #964
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,747
Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: Plant-Based Vegetarian~9/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
What test did they run for BS? I would not rely on one test.
They took two viles of blood on Tuesday. Is that a good test?
Blonde with a Rose is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 05:33 AM   #965
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 118
Gallery: Anjikun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
They took two viles of blood on Tuesday. Is that a good test?
What tests did they run with the blood? If you were fasting, they probably ran a fasting glucose. If you were not fasting, it was probably a random blood glucose. The most reliable test for diabetes/prediabetes is a glucose tolerance test (you would know if they had done that, because you need to drink a glucose solution and then wait two hours). Therre is also an A1C (or something like that), but your result doesn't sound like that.

To know more about blood sugar, go to bloodsugar101.com. It's a great site with tons of great information and a self-test (with a glucometer) to help you evaluate if blood sugar is an issue for you.

There are also a number of people on here who are very knowledgeable about this from personal experience. I'm sure one of them will be along shortly!
Anjikun is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 06:12 AM   #966
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
If there's a hotel with refrig I take thin sliced beef/brisket too. I survive on hard boiled eggs on trips.
Great tip ct. Some time ago they started selling boiled eggs already shelled so between that and the lunch meat aisle or deli counter you can get by guilt free

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Blonde, I have several "soapbox" posts on statins...I'm certain in both October and November threads....they are very dangerous, and women have more potential for muscle damage as well. Notice to health care this week, should be out by FDA soon (they move at the speed of cold honey pouring from a jar...) is that statins can cause Type II diabetes, and make it worse if you have it. Total Cholestrol is nearly a useless number....Trigs & HDL should be markers, if you care, to follow. Cholestrol is not caused by diet, and statins do not reduce the risk of heart disease. Inflammation is the problem. Now, your BS is high...and lucky you, NK and LC are the first line of defense for both.
It can't be said loud enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Hi Darin, you are very quiet today? Did you crash your PC?
My internet connection is down!!!!!!

It went down yesterday. After it'd been down for a while I saw an SBC utility truck drive past a couple of times but the connection remains down.

I have hit all 5 stages - denial; anger; bargaining; depression; and, acceptance. I will call them if it doesn't come back up today.

Right now I am tethering through my phone's internet connection but I can't officially do that so I will be absent mostly till the ISP gets their end fixed.

God Bless Android phones and rooting and free wifi tethering apps
reddarin is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 06:26 AM   #967
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,090
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hey got my blood work back...not good according to my doctor.

Cholesterol is 288. 191 bad but good HDL is 97
Blood sugar 118 (last ime it was 95).

Sh wants to see me to discuss Lipitor. Crap. I don't want that.

Opinions please??
I am going through the same thing in regards to cholesterol, mine was not that high and Dr. prescribed Lipitor. I haven't taken it yet though and do not want to but as someone pointed out, you have to be careful on what they put in your chart. If you refuse to take it and then have a stroke or heart attack, does that give your insurance a reason not to cover it??? I don't know the answer to that. I just keep hoping that the longer I eat like this, the lower mine will go.

On the BS, you are getting close to where they really pay attention. Mine finally got to 125 and they ordered the glucose TT and then called me with the results that I had diabetes. If you test that high and have been eating LC, then to me, that means your results would have been higher than if you had been eating the SAD. Make sure your Dr. knows your diet.
__________________
Buffy
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 06:31 AM   #968
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,090
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning friends!
I think everyone is busy, busy, busy with Christmas quickly approaching. And, Red with internet connection down and out.

I was so happy this morning to see that I have now officially lost 20 lbs, hit a new low of 188.8! My losses for Dec. so far have been very good, my goal was to try to get into the 180's by the New Year.

Along with everyone else, I know we are all watching the news from Conn. with great sadness. I just hate that our children and all the little ones have to grow up in times where you aren't safe in your church, your school, a playground, or any public place, even our own homes at times. What will it take to stop this madness?
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #969
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,747
Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: Plant-Based Vegetarian~9/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjikun View Post
What tests did they run with the blood? If you were fasting, they probably ran a fasting glucose. If you were not fasting, it was probably a random blood glucose. The most reliable test for diabetes/prediabetes is a glucose tolerance test (you would know if they had done that, because you need to drink a glucose solution and then wait two hours). Therre is also an A1C (or something like that), but your result doesn't sound like that.

To know more about blood sugar, go to bloodsugar101.com. It's a great site with tons of great information and a self-test (with a glucometer) to help you evaluate if blood sugar is an issue for you.

There are also a number of people on here who are very knowledgeable about this from personal experience. I'm sure one of them will be along shortly!
Fasting. Last time it was 95. Thanks, I'll check out the 101 info page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
I am going through the same thing in regards to cholesterol, mine was not that high and Dr. prescribed Lipitor. I haven't taken it yet though and do not want to but as someone pointed out, you have to be careful on what they put in your chart. If you refuse to take it and then have a stroke or heart attack, does that give your insurance a reason not to cover it??? I don't know the answer to that. I just keep hoping that the longer I eat like this, the lower mine will go.

On the BS, you are getting close to where they really pay attention. Mine finally got to 125 and they ordered the glucose TT and then called me with the results that I had diabetes. If you test that high and have been eating LC, then to me, that means your results would have been higher than if you had been eating the SAD. Make sure your Dr. knows your diet.
Actually that did occur to me. YIKES. When I was doing JUDDD last year my BP and BG were great even though I was eating as SAD diet basically every other day. This is the first cholesterol test I've had in many years. I think I have a lot of reading to do. Thank you for your input.
Blonde with a Rose is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #970
Senior LCF Member
 
SouthernGirl61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 462
Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
They took two viles of blood on Tuesday. Is that a good test?
I would hope they are running the A1C, which will show a tracking of your glucose over the past few months, much better than a panel with just glucose...and I was really hopeful they didn't merely test you "point of service" or with the hand-held in the office. I personally cannot stand the GTT, the one you have to drink the "it taste like coke" stuff, and have blood drawn out by the hour...I suffered that one and at hour four went out unconscious, to the ED....alas, they confirmed what I knew, hypoglycemia! Keep eating LC, and I would advise keeping it simple until you get the results...as all the extra desserts have more carbs with the "flours" and such.
SouthernGirl61 is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 02:16 PM   #971
Senior LCF Member
 
SouthernGirl61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 462
Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Great tip ct. Some time ago they started selling boiled eggs already shelled so between that and the lunch meat aisle or deli counter you can get by guilt free



It can't be said loud enough.



My internet connection is down!!!!!!

It went down yesterday. After it'd been down for a while I saw an SBC utility truck drive past a couple of times but the connection remains down.

I have hit all 5 stages - denial; anger; bargaining; depression; and, acceptance. I will call them if it doesn't come back up today.

Right now I am tethering through my phone's internet connection but I can't officially do that so I will be absent mostly till the ISP gets their end fixed.

God Bless Android phones and rooting and free wifi tethering apps
LOLROTF! I totally understand....we have had issues this past week, and I could just scream. I have been known to drive down the street and find the repair person, we have the master box in our backyard, and everytime someone doesn't pay their bill, or they find out they have "hijacked" it, they come to my door....one day they didn't ask to get in the back, and they found out that my #3GD (guard dog -- shhh, he thinks he is) was hiding under the azaleas for squirrels, and oh, Roadrunner repairmen! It was amusing trying to get #3GD in the house... while wiping the tears from my eyes!

Gotta love creativity, eh? ct
SouthernGirl61 is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #972
Senior LCF Member
 
SouthernGirl61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 462
Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
I am going through the same thing in regards to cholesterol, mine was not that high and Dr. prescribed Lipitor. I haven't taken it yet though and do not want to but as someone pointed out, you have to be careful on what they put in your chart. If you refuse to take it and then have a stroke or heart attack, does that give your insurance a reason not to cover it??? I don't know the answer to that. I just keep hoping that the longer I eat like this, the lower mine will go.

On the BS, you are getting close to where they really pay attention. Mine finally got to 125 and they ordered the glucose TT and then called me with the results that I had diabetes. If you test that high and have been eating LC, then to me, that means your results would have been higher than if you had been eating the SAD. Make sure your Dr. knows your diet.
Buffy, let me answer that question with regards to legal side of medicine. No Medicare/commercial payors cannot drop you for your freedom to decide what treatment you wish to take. This is still America, and until otherwise we are notified, you are free to decline any and all treatments recommended by your medical professionals. Statins have disclaimers, even on the TV, they do not prevent heart attacks or strokes. The reason we are finally seeing the warnings on these drugs is that they went generic. Sad to say, but the billions are made and now the companies are more willing to add the dreaded "black box warnings"....it's very sad that more physicians just write the script and follow the mantra, rather than keep up with the clinicals and evaluate the patient as an individual, rather than as a patient with a set of standardized protocols. If we are just going to follow protocols, what on earth will we need physicians for in the future? OBTW, the lawsuits are beginning now for the statins, first round are the patients that now have DMII.
SouthernGirl61 is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #973
Senior LCF Member
 
SouthernGirl61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 462
Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Morning friends!
I think everyone is busy, busy, busy with Christmas quickly approaching. And, Red with internet connection down and out.

I was so happy this morning to see that I have now officially lost 20 lbs, hit a new low of 188.8! My losses for Dec. so far have been very good, my goal was to try to get into the 180's by the New Year.

Along with everyone else, I know we are all watching the news from Conn. with great sadness. I just hate that our children and all the little ones have to grow up in times where you aren't safe in your church, your school, a playground, or any public place, even our own homes at times. What will it take to stop this madness?
Buffy, this is huge CONGRATS day! Wow!
Isn't the shooting just heart breaking. My DH and I were talking about how it was when we were in school, and now, so sad...I think it's going to take a huge change in mindset in this country for these shootings to stop. Violence simply cannot be the answer.
SouthernGirl61 is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #974
Major LCF Poster!
 
cici52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,712
Gallery: cici52
Buffy, that is great. Congratulations on the new low and being ahead of schedule with your NY goal.

Red, hope you get connected soon. I know how frustrating as I have to wifi off some unknown body's network.

Question anybody. I have been doing this for 4 weeks...until tonight when I hit 62 carbs. Checked everything before I ate dinner but forgot to multiply the carbs/serving by the servings in a pkg and added 51 carbs in one sitting. Still under in calories and good with protein. Is that enough to undo the past 4 weeks? Or will I go back to where I was before when the carbs are used up? In 4 weeks I still have not lost any weight but haven't gained either which is something.

Last edited by cici52; 12-15-2012 at 03:49 PM..
cici52 is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #975
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Red, hope you get connected soon. I know how frustrating as I have to wifi off some unknown body's network.
Are you??? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Question anybody. I have been doing this for 4 weeks...until tonight when I hit 62 carbs. Checked everything before I ate dinner but forgot to multiply the carbs/serving by the servings in a pkg and added 51 carbs in one sitting. Still under in calories and good with protein. Is that enough to undo the past 4 weeks? Or will I go back to where I was before when the carbs are used up? In 4 weeks I still have not lost any weight but haven't gained either which is something.
It won't even register Cici. 12 carbs is neither here nor there after so many weeks of right eating.

Lots of carbs, like 100g+, at a single slip-up meal would probably mean 3 to 5 days to recover and re-adapt. More than that could force the 2 week plus adaptation period.


Last edited by reddarin; 12-15-2012 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: Clarification
reddarin is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #976
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Congrats on your new low Buffy!!!
reddarin is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #977
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,353
Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Buffy you are doing great!!
Thats awesome, and all while up to your elbows in Taffy. Congrats!
Clueless is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #978
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 118
Gallery: Anjikun
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Buffy, let me answer that question with regards to legal side of medicine. No Medicare/commercial payors cannot drop you for your freedom to decide what treatment you wish to take. This is still America, and until otherwise we are notified, you are free to decline any and all treatments recommended by your medical professionals. Statins have disclaimers, even on the TV, they do not prevent heart attacks or strokes. The reason we are finally seeing the warnings on these drugs is that they went generic. Sad to say, but the billions are made and now the companies are more willing to add the dreaded "black box warnings"....it's very sad that more physicians just write the script and follow the mantra, rather than keep up with the clinicals and evaluate the patient as an individual, rather than as a patient with a set of standardized protocols. If we are just going to follow protocols, what on earth will we need physicians for in the future? OBTW, the lawsuits are beginning now for the statins, first round are the patients that now have DMII.
What is DMII?
Anjikun is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #979
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
I have been known to drive down the street and find the repair person, we
lol!!

Yesterday I had to restrain myself to keep from running out to the street waving and moaning freshly turned zombie style to get their attention. lol I'd just done something like that about 3 weeks go. I didn't want to get the reputation as a big pain anytime they are in the area.

I broke down and called them this afternoon. The bad but not shocking news is that the problem cannot be fixed remotely. The good news is that they will have someone out to fix it Monday! I was really expecting to have to wait several days.

So, sometime Monday I should be all fixed up. I hope. I hope. I hope.

Meanwhile I'm not tethering over my phone's internet because that is not supposed to be done.

Talk to ya'll later
reddarin is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #980
Senior LCF Member
 
SouthernGirl61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 462
Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
lol!!

Yesterday I had to restrain myself to keep from running out to the street waving and moaning freshly turned zombie style to get their attention. lol I'd just done something like that about 3 weeks go. I didn't want to get the reputation as a big pain anytime they are in the area.

I broke down and called them this afternoon. The bad but not shocking news is that the problem cannot be fixed remotely. The good news is that they will have someone out to fix it Monday! I was really expecting to have to wait several days.

So, sometime Monday I should be all fixed up. I hope. I hope. I hope.

Meanwhile I'm not tethering over my phone's internet because that is not supposed to be done.

Talk to ya'll later
Well, you are kind-hearted! I have the box in my yard and dogs...so I figure that access has a price!
SouthernGirl61 is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #981
Senior LCF Member
 
SouthernGirl61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 462
Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjikun View Post
What is DMII?
so sorry for doing that...it's diabetes type 2.
SouthernGirl61 is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #982
Senior LCF Member
 
SouthernGirl61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 462
Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Buffy you are doing great!!
Thats awesome, and all while up to your elbows in Taffy. Congrats!
Hi Cheryl. How are you? Thought about you earlier today.
SouthernGirl61 is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #983
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,353
Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Hi Cheryl. How are you? Thought about you earlier today.
Doing Great. Thanks for asking. Just been busy but lurking.
Kids get super wild this time of year so I have had my hands full.
But I am one of the few that hasn't come down sick. Pretty sure fifths disease is even going thru the daycare on top of all the other crap
Thanks for the vitamin advise. I used to pick up everything as I have autoimmune probs.

Last edited by Clueless; 12-15-2012 at 06:34 PM.. Reason: typo
Clueless is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #984
Senior LCF Member
 
wildflower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Md
Posts: 353
Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
WOE: NK
Start Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Pretty sure fifths disease is even going thru the daycare on top of all the other crap
Thanks for the vitamin advise. I used to pick up everything as I have autoimmune probs.
I'm one of those who takes vitamins, but got sick anyway. Two days worth! Really tried to eat all my protein, but was low on calories. Maybe the scales will be down tomorrow

May I ask. What is fifths disease?

Arlene
wildflower is offline  
Old 12-16-2012, 04:29 AM   #985
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 673
Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Good morning friends, been a (hectic) couple of days. Schools ended, house is cleaned, payed a visit to the ER (stomach problems--stress-induced stomach virus, ugh!), packed and got ready for Texas, etc.

Have been eating well-- as HF as I can, but when alcohol is included my fat macro is in the 65-70% range. Have been eating out ALOT, and think this must be why I haven't been losing as quickly as earlier this month. Think TOM is a factor. Oh well, 124.8!

We will be traveling from Jacksonville to Austin today, anyone got any good airport recommendations/tips?

Have a good day all!
mizzcase is offline  
Old 12-16-2012, 04:36 AM   #986
Senior LCF Member
 
theLossgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 946
Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
I'm one of those who takes vitamins, but got sick anyway. Two days worth! Really tried to eat all my protein, but was low on calories. Maybe the scales will be down tomorrow

May I ask. What is fifths disease?

Arlene
My Alexa had it when she was about 4. It caused some mild flu-like symptoms. But we first knew something was up because she woke up with bright red cheeks! And then it spread to a funny patterned rash over her torso. She didn't seem too uncomfortable or itchy. After several days, she was fine.
theLossgirl is offline  
Old 12-16-2012, 07:05 AM   #987
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,090
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Good morning friends, been a (hectic) couple of days. Schools ended, house is cleaned, payed a visit to the ER (stomach problems--stress-induced stomach virus, ugh!), packed and got ready for Texas, etc.

Have been eating well-- as HF as I can, but when alcohol is included my fat macro is in the 65-70% range. Have been eating out ALOT, and think this must be why I haven't been losing as quickly as earlier this month. Think TOM is a factor. Oh well, 124.8!

We will be traveling from Jacksonville to Austin today, anyone got any good airport recommendations/tips?

Have a good day all!
No good tips but I will be close to you today, going to Austin for DGS's birthday and it isn't far from the Austin airport!!!
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 12-16-2012, 07:06 AM   #988
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,090
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Buffy, let me answer that question with regards to legal side of medicine. No Medicare/commercial payors cannot drop you for your freedom to decide what treatment you wish to take. This is still America, and until otherwise we are notified, you are free to decline any and all treatments recommended by your medical professionals. Statins have disclaimers, even on the TV, they do not prevent heart attacks or strokes. The reason we are finally seeing the warnings on these drugs is that they went generic. Sad to say, but the billions are made and now the companies are more willing to add the dreaded "black box warnings"....it's very sad that more physicians just write the script and follow the mantra, rather than keep up with the clinicals and evaluate the patient as an individual, rather than as a patient with a set of standardized protocols. If we are just going to follow protocols, what on earth will we need physicians for in the future? OBTW, the lawsuits are beginning now for the statins, first round are the patients that now have DMII.
THANK YOU
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 12-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #989
Senior LCF Member
 
theLossgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 946
Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Too low carb?

I posted this more in-depth on another thread under the same title, but just thought I'd post here too since I check this thread the most frequently.

I've become noticeably more forgetful lately. I do eat carbs, but is it possible to under fuel your brain by eating too few? I thought the body did not need carbohydrates at all.
theLossgirl is offline  
Old 12-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #990
Senior LCF Member
 
SouthernGirl61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 462
Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
I posted this more in-depth on another thread under the same title, but just thought I'd post here too since I check this thread the most frequently.

I've become noticeably more forgetful lately. I do eat carbs, but is it possible to under fuel your brain by eating too few? I thought the body did not need carbohydrates at all.
Hi Deborah, technically our bodies can do without carbs, if they are using fat/protein to create glucose in an efficient manner. Nothing wrong with increasing those to close to 50g and stay in NK if you don't feel well. Make it good carbs, veggies, nuts, maybe low glycemic fruit. Perhaps the forgetfulness is unrelated to dietary side, consider the stress you and your family have been under in recent weeks...often time going through the grief process, all stages, takes a toll on us. Memory can be affected, in fact, complete loss of memory of the early stages from the onset of grief. When both my parents died, I remember reading emails that showed I wrote them, but I had no memory at all of writing them. That was after two, three weeks at times...I would allow yourself time to get well-past all the grief, relax, increase complex Vit B supplement, as that is vital to our brain health as well as heart. Go easy on yourself.
SouthernGirl61 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:23 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.